PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Booknutt
06-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Anybody get an extra signed copy of the new Chu book?

cit74
06-26-2014, 05:42 AM
All of the signed copies were at list price.

becca69
06-26-2014, 07:33 AM

You can preorder a signed Chu at Books of Wonder in NYC. They told me they are also trying to get Adam Rex to sign.

http://www.booksofwondershop.com/chu-s-school.aspx

becca69
06-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Well we are back in our room. It was a great evening, caught up with both RF and patrick. The evening started shortly after 8pm and went until a little after 11pm. Fourplay - the string quartet played for a little (they were wonderful - especially if you like violin/cello - just google fourplay Dr. Who/tardis theme - you'll want to pick up some of their music). Then Neil came out and read a few short pieces - including one of my favorites - the day the saucers came, as well as a piece rejected by this American life - called adventures. It was pretty good. He also mentioned that he'll have a new short story anthology out next year - titled trigger warning (I think that's the title he said, originally he was going to call it please secure your mask before helping others, but that was too long and did not fit with the two word titles of his previous anthologies. The adventure story will be in there, as well as all of the monthly short stories he talked about in his journal earlier this year - the ones he wrote with suggestions from Fans - he read both July and October stories. Then there was a intermission, followed by the reading of the truth is in a cave in the black mountains. I had not previously read the story (when it was in stories) - but read 3/4 of it yesterday and today with Caleb. I stopped near the end so I would be able to hear the rest from Neil tonight. Worked fine, except Caleb slept through nearly all of the reading - oh well. After the main event, he read another poem - the one about saint Orin - another good read.

All in all a very entertaining evening. No actual signing, alas there were hundreds of presigned books for sale. Between RF, Patrick, and myself I think we bought 11 or 12 signed copies of truth - so everyone here who requested one is good - without any spittle or excessive shipping. We will figure out who is shipping to whom and PM them in the next day or so. I picked up a few signed Chu's - but those are all going out as gifts to friends kids and nieces (they were only signed by Neil - not Adam Rex - like I think the books of wonder are). I even picked up a copy of the truth audio cd - since this one had the fourplay quartet playing as well - and the cover was signed by Neil as well.

Green apple books was the "book" host - I imagine they'll have more copies of these books/CDs at their store - since there's no way they all sold out. Here's their contact info:

506 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 387-2272

I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos :) - so I'll wait for them to post.

Haha!

BTW - I completely forgot about this after I got back from seeing GRRM at CarolinasCon (and maybe you all know this) but Sandman was actually rejected by George to be in his Wildcards series. Everyone in the audience laughed after George said that he would have made quite a few thousand on it :wtf:

ELazansky
06-26-2014, 08:19 AM

You can preorder a signed Chu at Books of Wonder in NYC. They told me they are also trying to get Adam Rex to sign.

Preorders are Sold Out - shows Out of Stock

cit74
06-26-2014, 08:21 AM

I hooked booknut up (and he helped me :)).

Booknutt
06-26-2014, 08:25 AM
:thumbsup:

becca69
06-26-2014, 08:40 AM

You might try calling. They sometimes have more for the store and allocate so many to the website.

Randall Flagg
06-26-2014, 09:07 AM
I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos :) - so I'll wait for them to post.
I didn't take a single selfie, Patrick was the selfie taking, 300 texts, 12 year old girl.:biggrin:

My wife did take a few pics for us.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1403802329-Gaiman%20top%20dog%201030x770.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1403802339-Gaiman%20billboard%201030x770.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1403802346-Gaiman%20inside%201030x770.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1403802361-Gaiman%20Campbell%20Signatures%201041x767.jpg

becca69
06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
It looks like (Jerome) Patrick's the center of attention. :lol:

sharki69
06-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Green apple books has Chu double signed

http://www.greenapplebooks.com

Call them to make sure you get the right book...

EDIT - Just called to confirm - book is only signed by gaiman

Patrick
06-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Started the day yesterday by attending the SF Giants game. Sat about six rows up right by first base (tix purchased from a friend) and watched Tim Lincecum pitch his second career No Hitter. Simply fantastic.

After changing out of garish game gear, met up with Jerome and Chad (and families) to go see Neil Gaiman. We all had great seats right up in the first few rows. I am a total fanboy, so it was a wonderful treat to see Gaiman again and share the evening with good friends.

It was a very good day.

ELazansky
06-27-2014, 08:40 AM
$99 is a great price for this book - http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAVERNS-OF-THE-DEAD-SIGNED-LTD-EDWARD-LEE-NEIL-GAIMAN-CHARLES-L-GRANT-MORE-/331244328330?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4d1fb3558a

Comrade Alex
06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the tip Eric.
$99 is a great price for this book - http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAVERNS-OF-THE-DEAD-SIGNED-LTD-EDWARD-LEE-NEIL-GAIMAN-CHARLES-L-GRANT-MORE-/331244328330?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4d1fb3558a

sharki69
06-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Guys - looks like you had great time together and the event sound like fun.

Chad - thanks for securing book for me.

cit74
06-27-2014, 04:40 PM

His other books are well priced too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-BEST-OF-BEST-NEW-HORROR-SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-JOE-HILL-NEIL-GAIMAN-OTHERS-/331233772951?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4d1f124597

for $225 - is a pretty good price - for king, hill, gaiman, straub...

Bethany
06-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Started the day yesterday by attending the SF Giants game. Sat about six rows up right by first base (tix purchased from a friend) and watched Tim Lincecum pitch his second career No Hitter. Simply fantastic.

After changing out of garish game gear, met up with Jerome and Chad (and families) to go see Neil Gaiman. We all had great seats right up in the first few rows. I am a total fanboy, so it was a wonderful treat to see Gaiman again and share the evening with good friends.

It was a very good day.

My kid is seeing him at Carnegie Hall tonight :D

cit74
06-27-2014, 10:02 PM

It was a very good day.

Nice - let us know if Neil did any signings at tonight's event. I think he was going to read hansel and gretel as well

cit74
06-28-2014, 04:55 AM
American gods for kindle on sale today for $1.99 on amazon

Bethany
06-28-2014, 06:49 AM

It was a very good day.

Nice - let us know if Neil did any signings at tonight's event. I think he was going to read hansel and gretel as well

She got something signed, she sent me a pic, but I don't know what yet.

Patrick
06-28-2014, 08:44 AM
That's great, Bethany! Let us know what she thought of the NY show!

Bethany
06-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Mr. Gaiman definitely has a new fan!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/susanfox86/gaiman_zps35a2a924.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/susanfox86/media/gaiman_zps35a2a924.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/susanfox86/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4928_zps79094685.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/susanfox86/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4928_zps79094685.jpg.html)

cit74
06-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Very Nice - hope that they had a nice evening - now they need to start reading some of his other books...

Bethany
06-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Very Nice - hope that they had a nice evening - now they need to start reading some of his other books...

She's about half into American Gods and loving it.

Patrick
06-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Excellent!

brionen
07-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Edit: This was meant to be in reply to cit74's post #1198 with his pictures of the Duran Duran hardcover.

Do you mind telling the offer price he accepted? I was the winner of his final copy, which I managed to get for less than his buy-it-now price of $400, but for more than the initial $200 I offered.

Some poor packaging caused it to arrive in less than the mint condition he described. My copy has some top and bottom spine bumping, but not as bad as what yours looks like, and the cover is in better shape overall. The book does have some spine lean, but it's not too noticeable with the cover on.
I asked him if he had any additional copies since mine wasn't as described, and his response was it was their last one and if I wanted to return it, he has 3 other buyers who want it. I'm trying to determine whether the price I paid was still reasonable considering the difference between the description and what I paid.

Any advice you can provide would be helpful.

cit74
07-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Edit: This was meant to be in reply to cit74's post #1198 with his pictures of the Duran Duran hardcover.

Do you mind telling the offer price he accepted? I was the winner of his final copy, which I managed to get for less than his buy-it-now price of $400, but for more than the initial $200 I offered.

Some poor packaging caused it to arrive in less than the mint condition he described. My copy has some top and bottom spine bumping, but not as bad as what yours looks like, and the cover is in better shape overall. The book does have some spine lean, but it's not too noticeable with the cover on.
I asked him if he had any additional copies since mine wasn't as described, and his response was it was their last one and if I wanted to return it, he has 3 other buyers who want it. I'm trying to determine whether the price I paid was still reasonable considering the difference between the description and what I paid.

No worries - you can't send a PM until you have at least 5 posts - hence why i could not message you directly. I paid $140. And I agree the packing was sub-par. I do not have any lean on the book , and the interior is perfect. I am not sure that he was exactly a fine book seller, i.e. he just had these sitting around in a warehouse. Even though the packing was poor - I think these were close to the actual description and true original condition prior to being sent (I do not think much, if any, damage occurred en route - but obviously no way to know for sure). If you are not a collector - you would describe these as fine - and not notice the slight bumps to the spine, DJ, etc - if I asked my wife she would not think anything of these small details. That is why i just left my feedback and did not send him any reply/message as to the advertised condition.

In the end you just have say are you happy with the price that you paid (if you follow ebay enough - someone will always get a better deal…rebecca and her Green Mile set :)). So if it is something that you really want to add to your collection then enjoy the copy. Personally I like mine (especially at that price) and it rounds out my collection. hope that answers your question - please feel free to stay, post some more and PM direct if any other specific questions.

btw all of the boxes of books are now unpacked - and i am almost finished with my gaiman bookcase and will post pics later. The big new cases still need a few shelves so no pics there yet - but thats not important for this thread.

becca69
07-01-2014, 07:23 AM
:nana:

ELazansky
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM

For any price between 200-400, I think you fid just fine. You will not see the hardcover copies of the book available again for a long time. They are simply not easy to find.

cit74
07-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I would second Eric's statement. I might second Becca's too - but I'm not quite sure what she is getting at, although I think she is still dancing over her deal on the green mile. btw I now have an extra copy of the green mile available for sale - if anyone would like :)

brionen
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
I would second Eric's statement. I might second Becca's too - but I'm not quite sure what she is getting at, although I think she is still dancing over her deal on the green mile. btw I now have an extra copy of the green mile available for sale - if anyone would like :)

I appreciate everyone's input and advice. I had been leaning towards holding onto it, based on what is seen 1 hardcover listed for on abebooks, and for what paperbacks have gone for on eBay (I paid $260, so I'm on the lower end of the $200-$400 range).

I've checked these forums out fairly frequently over the past couple years, and finally got around to creating an account.

By the way, when I was checking prices, I found out Amazon will give you a $2.00 gift card if you trade in your paperback copy of Duran Duran.:P

cit74
07-02-2014, 04:39 AM

I appreciate everyone's input and advice. I had been leaning towards holding onto it, based on what is seen 1 hardcover listed for on abebooks, and for what paperbacks have gone for on eBay (I paid $260, so I'm on the lower end of the $200-$400 range).

I've checked these forums out fairly frequently over the past couple years, and finally got around to creating an account.

By the way, when I was checking prices, I found out Amazon will give you a $2.00 gift card if you trade in your paperback copy of Duran Duran.:P

well then, by all means - trade it into amazon…I wonder who then gets to decide the price on amazon and how much they would list it for???its not like you would be selling it as a third party on amazon - cause then you wouldn't get your $2…or maybe they were up late watching Better off Dead (one of my favorites)

becca69
07-02-2014, 07:16 AM

I think you might be right ;)

(even if it's the wrong thread)

becca69
07-02-2014, 07:19 AM

well then, by all means - trade it into amazon…I wonder who then gets to decide the price on amazon and how much they would list it for???its not like you would be selling it as a third party on amazon - cause then you wouldn't get your $2…or maybe they were up late watching Better off Dead (one of my favorites)

What a deal :nope:

BTW - I absolutely LOVE Better Off Dead! Everyone thinks I'm crazy but that movie is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I still haven't upgraded my VHS tape to DVD though :'(

Patrick
07-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi brionen, welcome to TheDarkTower.org! I had offered $200 for what later became your copy, mainly because Chad got me all excited over Gaiman's first published book. The seller counteroffered $300. I never responded to the counteroffer.

I'm happy for you guys - I genuinely enjoy seeing my friends get what they want. For me personally, there is only so much I am willing to pay for a biography/photobook about Duran Duran.

cit74
07-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi brionen, welcome to TheDarkTower.org! I had offered $200 for what later became your copy, mainly because Chad got me all excited over Gaiman's first published book. The seller counteroffered $300. I never responded to the counteroffer.

I'm happy for you guys - I genuinely enjoy seeing my friends get what they want. For me personally, there is only so much I am willing to pay for a biography/photobook about Duran Duran.

I think you're a closet Duran Duran fan - now sitting in your room playing your records and thinking how fun it would be to read the book at the same time. :)

becca69
07-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Let's all put our Duran Duran albums on and dance to Rio!!

Patrick
07-02-2014, 09:40 AM
I think you guys who own this rare edition, which will never be reprinted, should start a thread and rub it in everyone's faces.

Not at TDT, of course, but here: http://bbs.duranduranmusic.com

becca69
07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Are you a member Patrick?

Plus I think that Roland secretly listens to this on his iPod while strolling thru Midworld ;) so this obviously belongs here!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/0E04EFED-F93F-479E-83A6-248B84FE8E34.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/0E04EFED-F93F-479E-83A6-248B84FE8E34.jpg.html)

cit74
07-02-2014, 06:58 PM
If you look closely you can find the Duran Duran books: Here is the Gaiman bookshelf that is upstairs:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3290_zps20a16f48.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3290_zps20a16f48.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3292_zpsef8ddf99.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3292_zpsef8ddf99.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3291_zpsddba3315.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3291_zpsddba3315.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3293_zpsd52f6351.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3293_zpsd52f6351.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3294_zpsba363af1.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3294_zpsba363af1.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3295_zps27b6515f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3295_zps27b6515f.jpg.html)

Some of the odds n ends are down here - some of the multi signed books with Gaimans sig, although there are other anthologies elsewhere - since I think they will group better:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Book%20Cases/IMG_3296_zps405f10fb.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Book%20Cases/IMG_3296_zps405f10fb.jpg.html)

sharki69
07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm speechless. This is beautiful collection. I have a lot to catch up...

SirFolio16
07-07-2014, 07:54 AM
For all you Neil Gaiman fans... I have decided to part with a couple of my Gaiman books...

Ebay Item: 291185218328
Ebay Item: 291185224770

Randall Flagg
07-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I have 1 copy left for sale. face price, plus tax and actual shipping.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1403802361-Gaiman%20Campbell%20Signatures%201041x767.jpg

cit74
07-09-2014, 08:34 AM
I found this on ebay this morning - I swore that I would get off the bay for a month at least - and I am starting today (I swear) - but what else am I supposed to do on my days off? Unpack? uugghh.
Anyway - I have seen these sandman bookplates before - and messaged the guy selling them to see how many he had. He actually had 6 left - so I asked nicely and he agreed to sell all 6 for $26 - actually I never gave a price - he offered all 6 at $24 plus $2 shipping - and who was I to argue.

- so I can now add them to all of my first print Absolutes - including Death. The one set I knew I would never be able to get signed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261528063962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

oh - and i loved the listing description - read it. Not sure if that is exactly kosher on ebay - but worked for me

Booknutt
07-09-2014, 10:55 AM
I decided to let my Subterranean Coraline go if anyone's interested. I think I had a few inquiries here when I wanted to sell the set.

becca69
07-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I found this on ebay this morning - I swore that I would get off the bay for a month at least - and I am starting today (I swear) - but what else am I supposed to do on my days off? Unpack? uugghh.
Anyway - I have seen these sandman bookplates before - and messaged the guy selling them to see how many he had. He actually had 6 left - so I asked nicely and he agreed to sell all 6 for $26 - actually I never gave a price - he offered all 6 at $24 plus $2 shipping - and who was I to argue.

- so I can now add them to all of my first print Absolutes - including Death. The one set I knew I would never be able to get signed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261528063962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

oh - and i loved the listing description - read it. Not sure if that is exactly kosher on ebay - but worked for me

I LOLed!

Patrick
07-11-2014, 03:38 AM
Becca, no, I am not a member. Your post about Roland's iPod cracked me up

Chad, nice bookcase! That eBay listing just for you was awesome. Congrats on the plates.

Patrick
07-11-2014, 03:39 AM
For all you Neil Gaiman fans... I have decided to part with a couple of my Gaiman books...

Ebay Item: 291185218328
Ebay Item: 291185224770
Have you direct links?

SirFolio16
07-11-2014, 05:24 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291185218328?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

I also have some other cool stuff up for auction.

ELazansky
07-14-2014, 12:09 PM
A new arrival today:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SmokeandMirrorsCD_zpsa97426ec.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SmokeandMirrorsCD-LimPage_zps30a14ac8.jpg

somekindofstranger
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
A new arrival today:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SmokeandMirrorsCD_zpsa97426ec.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SmokeandMirrorsCD-LimPage_zps30a14ac8.jpg

Nice. I missed the limited edition of this so have a standard copy on order. What's the slipcase like? Looks 'snakey'

ELazansky
07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
It is patterned to look like snake skin - I have a few other slipcases like this. Gives it some visual appeal I guess.

cit74
07-14-2014, 01:56 PM
That was unexpected - i didn't even receive any warning of shipment yet. guess mine should turn up soon. looks good. I will have to post my new addition from booknutt - Legends II s/l - still waiting for shelves and things to settle down a bit

Booknutt
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
That was unexpected - i didn't even receive any warning of shipment yet. guess mine should turn up soon. looks good. I will have to post my new addition from booknutt - Legends II s/l - still waiting for shelves and things to settle down a bit

8)

ELazansky
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM

I didn't get a notice yet. Since I am only a few hours from CD, I usually get my book, then the shipping notice comes either that night or the next.

Love Legends II...one of my favorites

Patrick
07-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Happy to see the S/L is shipping! I've had this on preorder for years. From your pics, it looks great!

Comrade Alex
07-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Signed copies of Neil’s new book Chu’s First Day of School are now available here http://www.booksofwondershop.com/chu-s-school.aspx

cit74
07-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Signed copies of Neil’s new book Chu’s First Day of School are now available here http://www.booksofwondershop.com/chu-s-school.aspx

If you had missed it - already listed as sold out. I had it on pre-order and they had to re-run the credit card today.
As an aside did anyone who ordered a signed ocean from rj Julia get their copy? I still hadn't got mine, called them today and they're shipping another copy out.

Comrade Alex
07-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Hullo
Does anyone know the issue price for Angels and Visitations limited slipcased edition published by heaven books?

ELazansky
07-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Hullo
Does anyone know the issue price for Angels and Visitations limited slipcased edition published by heaven books?

I don't, sorry

WeDealInLead
07-30-2014, 04:34 PM
I flipped through The Graveyard Book graphic novel today. It looks really, really good. It'd be nice to somehow snag a (double) signed copy.

swintek
07-31-2014, 10:15 AM
I flipped through The Graveyard Book graphic novel today. It looks really, really good. It'd be nice to somehow snag a (double) signed copy.

I love P. Craig Russel's adaptations of Neil's work- always done very faithfully, and expertly. I'm really interested in this, but I hate these 2 volume deals, because, inevitably, there will be a single volume, probably with added material. And at the rate that the comics industry "double dips" it's readership (incessantly) it will probably appear sooner rather than later.

WeDealInLead
08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Has anyone received their Rules of Writing signed print? I've seen Bad Moon Books have signed copies for sale but haven't heard anything from Kickstarter.

Booknutt
08-04-2014, 01:31 PM
So you think he's really done signing at events? Or will he just presign now?

ELazansky
08-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Has anyone received their Rules of Writing signed print? I've seen Bad Moon Books have signed copies for sale but haven't heard anything from Kickstarter.

I am waiting on the double-signed one from Neil and Keith Minnion from Gofundme. This was the last update from there:

Many of you have been e-mailing me about when the posters will be going out- There have been multiple delays in printing, shipping, and signing. I am SO sorry for the inconvenience, but it has been quite the process! I assure you that you WILL get your merchandise! We are doing everything we can to get it out asap, and I will send an e-mail when they are sent.

Looks like they may be delayed all over

cit74
08-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Still waiting as well. As for the original list price for angels and visitations - I'll let you know when it arrives :).

ELazansky
08-05-2014, 08:41 AM
I got my double signed 8 Rules poster today

cit74
08-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Pretty impressive - you ask about it here - and the next day it shows up. So are you getting it framed? I still have some space on the office wall and might get a simple frame for it (when my copy arrives)

erxbooks
08-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I looked at mine and it does not have price for the limited on it. Try asking Greg at Dream haven books.

ELazansky
08-06-2014, 02:42 AM

Pretty impressive - you ask about it here - and the next day it shows up. So are you getting it framed? I still have some space on the office wall and might get a simple frame for it (when my copy arrives)

I'm running out of room in my office for stuff. I think I will just keep it rolled up for now.

ELazansky
08-06-2014, 06:42 AM
http://www.whosay.com/neilgaiman?wsref=tr&code=dEU8XGf

Did I miss this signed edition of AG? It looks like the 10th anniversary edition, but I've not seen that sig page before.

sharki69
08-06-2014, 07:43 AM
From Books of Wonder Twitter:

@neilhimself We will also include an original Chu's Day poster signed by yourself & @MrAdamRex with each new order http://www.booksofwondershop.com/chu-s-school.aspx

Edit - 50 copies left in stock

cit74
08-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Did I miss this signed edition of AG? It looks like the 10th anniversary edition, but I've not seen that sig page before.

it does look like the 10th anniversary edition - seems he also had a tipped in sheet for the original printing (5000 of those) - I wasn't collecting signed books back then - so i have neither.

ELazansky
08-06-2014, 08:22 AM

it does look like the 10th anniversary edition - seems he also had a tipped in sheet for the original printing (5000 of those) - I wasn't collecting signed books back then - so i have neither.

His WhoSay page makes it look like he is currently signing them. I have the original AG with the tipped-in page. There were also 5000 copies of that book. Interesting....we'll see if and when they pop up

cit74
08-06-2014, 03:16 PM

His WhoSay page makes it look like he is currently signing them. I have the original AG with the tipped-in page. There were also 5000 copies of that book. Interesting....we'll see if and when they pop up

doesn't make much sense - it says tenth anniversary edition - which was 3 years ago - yet i cannot find any of these online - suggesting that they are not out there yet. so these are later printings?

somekindofstranger
08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Forbidden Planet now offering a (double)signed limited edition of The Art of Neil Gaiman. One per customer.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/124924-the-art-of-neil-gaiman-limited-edition-signed-hardcover/

ELazansky
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank you - more cash out the window :-)

But seriously, thanks for finding that link. I figure it should go pretty quickly.

sharki69
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Good find. Thank you

cit74
08-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Nice find. They had these at his book reading in SF - but they only had 5 copies and they sold out while we were drinking at the bar next door

somekindofstranger
08-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Forbidden Planet now offering a (double)signed limited edition of The Art of Neil Gaiman. One per customer.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/124924-the-art-of-neil-gaiman-limited-edition-signed-hardcover/

Someone has one at twice the price on ebay.co UK but they include a picture of the signed/limitation page so it does seem to be a special edition, rather than just the standard edition signed.

cit74
08-09-2014, 04:45 AM

Someone has one at twice the price on ebay.co UK but they include a picture of the signed/limitation page so it does seem to be a special edition, rather than just the standard edition signed.

I'm guessing that the forbidden planet one is slightly different - since they say their copy won't ship until the end of the month. The ones at the event were just flat signed. So we will have to wait and see when these arrive.

Patrick
08-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy from FP.

Chad, I had no idea they had any copies of this book in SF. But if there were only five for that entire crowd, then I think we made the better use of our time.

cit74
08-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy from FP.

Chad, I had no idea they had any copies of this book in SF. But if there were only five for that entire crowd, then I think we made the better use of our time.

we made much better use of our time - when we showed up they had it crossed out and said sold out - that was when i asked how many copies they brought - not many. and they did not have any more back at the store. but i am happy with this new copy coming out. i think the one in SF was only signed by gaiman - but who knows - i never saw it

sharki69
08-13-2014, 07:40 PM
From Dynamite Entertainment:

NEIL GAIMAN'S THE LAST TEMPTATION HC - SIGNED EDITION BY NEIL GAIMAN, MICHAEL ZULLI AND ALICE COOPER

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C1606905449

Publication Date: Sep 2014

A special AUTOGRAPHED edition, signed by Neil Gaiman, the multiple award-winning author of Sandman, Coraline, and American Gods, alongside artist Michael Zulli, and the Sinister Showman himself, Alice Cooper! What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this seminal Gaiman work, than with an extremely limited signed edition?

somekindofstranger
08-14-2014, 09:33 AM

NEIL GAIMAN'S THE LAST TEMPTATION HC - SIGNED EDITION BY NEIL GAIMAN, MICHAEL ZULLI AND ALICE COOPER

A special AUTOGRAPHED edition, signed by Neil Gaiman, the multiple award-winning author of Sandman, Coraline, and American Gods, alongside artist Michael Zulli, and the Sinister Showman himself, Alice Cooper! What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this seminal Gaiman work, than with an extremely limited signed edition?

And for anyone else in the UK, currently 33% off at Forbidden Planet

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/neil-gaimans-last-temptation-20th-anniversary-signed-hardcover#.U-ztuclwbqA

ELazansky
08-14-2014, 09:40 AM

And for anyone else in the UK, currently 33% off at Forbidden Planet

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/neil-gaimans-last-temptation-20th-anniversary-signed-hardcover#.U-ztuclwbqA

And Amazon has had it listed for $48.75 for quite a while now - http://www.amazon.com/Gaimans-Temptation-Anniversary-Edition-Hardcover/dp/1606905449/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408038012&sr=8-1&keywords=last+temptation+gaiman

sharki69
08-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Could it be that amazon copy is only signed by gaiman ?

A special Autographed Edition, signed by renowned author Neil Gaiman!

ELazansky
08-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Could it be that amazon copy is only signed by gaiman ?

A special Autographed Edition, signed by renowned author Neil Gaiman!

It is the same ISBN as the one listed at Dynamite's website - has to be the same book

Booknutt
08-14-2014, 11:06 AM
The description on the DF listing is confusing. It makes it sound like it's signed by Zulli also but it's only signed by Neil.

Patrick
08-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I ordered a copy from Dynamite Entertainment a while ago in hopes that they pack better than Amazon does.

mkberger
08-16-2014, 02:53 PM
SubPress website is showing pre-orders for a signed/limited of THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS:
http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/the_truth_is_a_cave_in_the_black_mountains_signed_ limited_edition_preorder

ELazansky
08-16-2014, 04:05 PM
SubPress website is showing pre-orders for a signed/limited of THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS:
http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/the_truth_is_a_cave_in_the_black_mountains_signed_ limited_edition_preorder

I don't know...it is not listed as a signed/limited with a specific numbered print run. Just says a hardcover edition signed by author and artist. I already have one of those. Don't think I want to pay $75 for another copy just to get the CD and the clamshell case. I am going to email SubPress for more info.

cit74
08-16-2014, 11:08 PM

I don't know...it is not listed as a signed/limited with a specific numbered print run. Just says a hardcover edition signed by author and artist. I already have one of those. Don't think I want to pay $75 for another copy just to get the CD and the clamshell case. I am going to email SubPress for more info.

Sounds like a plan - can't wait to hear how else this version differs - since it's not clear in the description. Seems like we are just paying for a case and another book

ELazansky
08-17-2014, 03:28 AM

Sounds like a plan - can't wait to hear how else this version differs - since it's not clear in the description. Seems like we are just paying for a case and another book

Here is Bill's response:

"It's going to be a special edition, though I don't know if it's going to be numbered."

I'm on the fence. It is only $75. I'll have to think about it.

cit74
08-17-2014, 05:46 AM

Here is Bill's response:

"It's going to be a special edition, though I don't know if it's going to be numbered."

I'm on the fence. It is only $75. I'll have to think about it.

well - thats a bit vague. since its not numbered - he doesn't even list how many copies will be made - but i presume neil would only sign X amount. I already have the CD from the event - so this is very unlikely...

WeDealInLead
08-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Tempting but it's pretty hard not to feel a little cynical about collecting anymore...Gaiman and Hill seem to be the worst "offenders" in this category. Just this story alone has already been published in a S/L edition (in two states), than in a trade hardcover, than by itself in a mini-hardcover and now again by itself as a S/L for $75. Soon it's going to be in a short story collection, certainly first as a S/L, than a trade hardcover and then a 10 year anniversary edition.

Feel free to tell me "Don't like it, don't buy it."

ELazansky
08-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Tempting but it's pretty hard not to feel a little cynical about collecting anymore...Gaiman and Hill seem to be the worst "offenders" in this category. Just this story alone has already been published in a S/L edition (in two states), than in a trade hardcover, than by itself in a mini-hardcover and now again by itself as a S/L for $75. Soon it's going to be in a short story collection, certainly first as a S/L, than a trade hardcover and then a 10 year anniversary edition.

Feel free to tell me "Don't like it, don't buy it."

I agree 100%. It does seem like everything they write gets a limited edition. It is getting a little ridiculous. I am waiting for Neil's Shopping List, signed limited to 365 copies, one for each day of the year.

ELazansky
08-18-2014, 07:53 AM

So here's the email I just got from FP:

"The shipping charge for your entire order will be GBP £ 38.00
The total of your entire order including the shipping rate will be GBP £ 78.00"

The book costs £40.00, and they want £38.00 for shipping? That makes $67 for the book and $63 for shipping making the total about $130 for a book about Gaiman. I don't know if I want this now. What are you guys going to do?

jhanic
08-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Shipping charges to/from overseas are ridiculous. Personally, I wouldn't pay it, but that's just me.

John

cit74
08-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Haha - couldn't log on - so I sent a separate email. Personally I'm going to email them and see if they'd ship several together to see if that would cut costs. Although that means they get shipped to a single location and then need to be shipped out again (and anything could happen). Would anyone here be up for that if it were possible and it drastically cut overall shipping costs? I honestly would not spend that much on shipping for an art/bio book with a signature page.
Has anyone ordered from them before? Is this typical of their overseas shipping?

ELazansky
08-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Haha - couldn't log on - so I sent a separate email. Personally I'm going to email them and see if they'd ship several together to see if that would cut costs. Although that means they get shipped to a single location and then need to be shipped out again (and anything could happen). Would anyone here be up for that if it were possible and it drastically cut overall shipping costs? I honestly would not spend that much on shipping for an art/bio book with a signature page.
Has anyone ordered from them before? Is this typical of their overseas shipping?

I'd go in for a combined package. If they charged roughly $65 for say, 5 books, that would be $13 per person. Then those books were sent out Priority in the US at approximately $15, we're looking at a total shipping of $28. Much better than $63

cit74
08-18-2014, 08:44 AM
I agree with that - here's the message I sent:

Hello. Is it possible to have several US orders shipped together to one address to save on overall shipping charges? I'm on a book forum with several Gaiman collectors and I know several of us had ordered copies, however the shipping cost is nearly the cost of the book and is very prohibitive. I've ordered books from the UK before (and recently) and know the shipping charges vary and are usually high - but I've paid anywhere from £5-£25 for a single book - but £38 is the most I've seen for a single item.

Is it possible to order more than one copy? At least that way I could also send the extra copies to forum members - so we can save on overall shipping charges. I imagine that several US buyers might cancel their orders due to shipping charges - so this might be a way help avoid some cancellations. Please let me know if any of these options are possible or if there might be a US reseller of the book in the future

So if you are in the US and ordered a copy - and are interested in the combined shipping (and most likely would cancel if buying it alone) - reply here or PM me - that way I have actual numbers/names in case they do reply and have a reasonable group shipping charge. I'm happy to coordinate - although I'm out in Cali - so not sure if an east coast member could receive the books sooner and ship out (although it would only be a few days difference).

sharki69
08-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Initially I ordered 3 books -

1. Gaiman
2. Half A King - SIGNED
3. The Stormlight Archive: Book 2: Words Of Radiance - SIGNED.

Total shipping cost was £38. I canceled my order. Shipping killed the deal.

Count me in for combined package.

Thanks

ELazansky
08-18-2014, 09:49 AM
I am in as always

Lookwhoitis
08-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Seems to me they are probably making a bit of $ on the shipping.

I buy the Hugh Howey books from Goldsboro and their shipping charge for one book is reasonable

WeDealInLead
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Initially I ordered 3 books -

1. Gaiman
2. Half A King - SIGNED
3. The Stormlight Archive: Book 2: Words Of Radiance - SIGNED.

Total shipping cost was £38. I canceled my order. Shipping killed the deal.

That's actually very reasonable considering the size and weight of those books. Sanderson's alone is the size of The Stand uncut.

cit74
08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Goldsboro had half a king on their site and I think mysterious galaxy in San Diego has signed US copies as well - so you can still get that for reasonable shipping.

swintek
08-18-2014, 12:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvWNdpeIQAE1Bxi.jpg:large

Subpress' Smoke and Mirrors Lettered. Via Bill Shaffer's Twitter.

subpress
08-18-2014, 02:13 PM

Swintek, you ineffable asshole, you still can't spell my name after all of these years? Has our love meant nothing?

swintek
08-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Lol. I was looking at it, and thinking..."That isn't right somehow..." Blame the eyes- they are going fast all the sudden. The book looks great, however you spell your name these days.

Comrade Alex
08-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Count me in!
Alex

Lookwhoitis
08-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Swintek, you ineffable asshole, you still can't spell my name after all of these years? Has our love meant nothing?

:rofl:

cit74
08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Looks nice

cit74
08-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Here is the reply from Forbidden planet:

Hi there Chad,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately this is the only rate we've been offered via Parcelforce Worldwide, as it needs to be tracked due to its limited nature.

Usually, it can be beneficial to place a larger order for more items (generally as well as for this book) as the rate is calculated volumetrically. On this occasion, it's actually not possible to add any as we've already allocated the preorders and only received a small amount of stock - which has sold out. It's also not possible to add to an order already in the system, as your card details are specifically encrypted to your order.

Please do let us know if you'd like to go ahead and sorry we couldn't help with your other enquiries more on this occasion.

so no go on combined shipping. but from reading their reply - they had limited stock - so there must be another retailer out there????

so now what are people's thoughts on buying or passing on this one?

erxbooks
08-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Here is the reply from Forbidden planet:

Hi there Chad,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately this is the only rate we've been offered via Parcelforce Worldwide, as it needs to be tracked due to its limited nature.

Usually, it can be beneficial to place a larger order for more items (generally as well as for this book) as the rate is calculated volumetrically. On this occasion, it's actually not possible to add any as we've already allocated the preorders and only received a small amount of stock - which has sold out. It's also not possible to add to an order already in the system, as your card details are specifically encrypted to your order.

Please do let us know if you'd like to go ahead and sorry we couldn't help with your other enquiries more on this occasion.

so no go on combined shipping. but from reading their reply - they had limited stock - so there must be another retailer out there????

so now what are people's thoughts on buying or passing on this one?

I canceled my order. The overall price was way too high.

cit74
08-19-2014, 06:38 AM
I am probably going to bend and purchase a copy (the art book) - I just completed a survey online and it paid out a $150 honorarium - so i guess that was serendipitous (I got the check in the mail yesterday shortly after reading the email on shipping) as it covered the cost (unfortunately it was a specific medical link survey - and I couldn't pass that along to anyone else).

sharki69
08-19-2014, 07:01 AM
Chad - try to order 3 copies - the shipping should be the same

ELazansky
08-19-2014, 07:51 AM

Quantity Constraints
Please note this product is limited to 1 item per customer.

sharki69
08-19-2014, 08:13 AM

Quantity Constraints
Please note this product is limited to 1 item per customer.

Of course....

ELazansky
08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
I am probably going to bend and purchase a copy (the art book) - I just completed a survey online and it paid out a $150 honorarium - so i guess that was serendipitous (I got the check in the mail yesterday shortly after reading the email on shipping) as it covered the cost (unfortunately it was a specific medical link survey - and I couldn't pass that along to anyone else).

I'm leaning toward getting it too. I just have to look at the total price being $130. If I don't get one now, but I find one later on eBay for $99 with $15-20 shipping, what have I saved overall? $10-15? If I do get, it damn sure better come without damage, or I will send it back.

cit74
08-19-2014, 08:15 PM

I'm leaning toward getting it too. I just have to look at the total price being $130. If I don't get one now, but I find one later on eBay for $99 with $15-20 shipping, what have I saved overall? $10-15? If I do get, it damn sure better come without damage, or I will send it back.

I saw the quantity restraints too - I'll just see what they have to say. I'm going to look on the site for some other books - since I'm already going to pay out the arse for shipping.

cit74
08-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Found a copy on eBay.co.uk
In case you want to see a picture of signature page

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Of-Neil-Gaiman-Limited-Edition-Signed-Hardcover-UK-EXCLUSIVE-1st-Print-NM-/261556453053?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comic s_ET&hash=item3ce5fabebd

This copy is £100 total - so more than the forbidden planet copies

sharki69
08-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Amazon has Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere [Adaptation] [Audible Audio Edition] for $1.95

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELIKX9K/ref=s9_al_bw_clnk?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=7d91900e70664df6a47291ec873bf50f&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=0K812J027ZC556R2246Q&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1888301162&pf_rd_i=2402172011

cit74
08-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Amazon has Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere [Adaptation] [Audible Audio Edition] for $1.95

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELIKX9K/ref=s9_al_bw_clnk?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=7d91900e70664df6a47291ec873bf50f&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=0K812J027ZC556R2246Q&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1888301162&pf_rd_i=2402172011

that is a great production - and great price. I have the CD's - since I missed the original BBC shows

ELazansky
08-21-2014, 06:06 AM
I got my Parcelforce shipping notice from Forbidden Plant - says Global Priority mail is scheduled to be delivered Saturday. Never seen something from the UK get here so fast. It better have been packed properly.

cit74
08-21-2014, 06:35 AM
I got my Parcelforce shipping notice from Forbidden Plant - says Global Priority mail is scheduled to be delivered Saturday. Never seen something from the UK get here so fast. It better have been packed properly.

Mine will take a little longer - I added a book that won't be signed until 6 September. I have a bunch of the Brian froud books (faerie stories - they did the creatures for dark crystal, labyrinth, etc) - and their newest book comes out on the 6th and they have a signing. - so hopefully both books will be packed well.

sharki69
08-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Got this one for $7 today !!!

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/AB3B3C01-3553-49F0-87EA-BDA3A9E715CF.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/AB3B3C01-3553-49F0-87EA-BDA3A9E715CF.jpg.html)

cit74
08-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Very nice addition - and price

jhanic
08-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Fantastic! Congratulations!

John

cit74
08-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Wtf - just came across this tonight while searching on google:

THE ENCHANTING NEIL GAIMAN
Photo: Kimberly Butler
With Michael Chabon

Neil Gaiman is one of fantasy’s most extraordinary innovators. Long considered a top writer of comics, he is also the creator of genre-defying prose, poetry, film, and drama for audiences of all ages. Gaiman’s award-winning works include the #1 New York Times bestselling adult novels The Ocean at the End of the Lane and Anansi Boys, the young adult novel Coraline, the TV series Neverwhere, and the groundbreaking Sandman comics series. He appears in conversation with author Michael Chabon.

"(Gaiman’s) mind is a dark fathomless ocean, and every time I sink into it, this world fades, replaced by one far more terrible and beautiful in which I will happily drown."
– New York Times

Standard $35
Members get 10% off.

Thursday, Mar 12
Starts at: 7:00 pm

Save up to 25% and subscribe today.
Support Arts & Ideas.

So Neil's speaking in the city in march - the site is screwy to order tickets - so I'm going to have to call tomorrow to see if anything is still available

herbertwest
08-22-2014, 01:23 AM
According to Neil's website it's SOLD OUT
>>> http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/details.php?id=228

But you should check with the venue

cit74
08-22-2014, 05:06 AM
According to Neil's website it's SOLD OUT
>>> http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/details.php?id=228

But you should check with the venue

i will give a call this morning and see.

sharki69
08-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Thanks chad and john

ELazansky
08-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Got my copy of The Art of Neil Gaiman today - at least Forbidden Planet packed it well. The book was inside a bag, which was then put inside a bubble-wrapped bag. Then in a proper sized box with lots of paper around it. Book arrived in mint condition.

ELazansky
08-25-2014, 05:57 AM
You can preorder the limited edition of Cave from Amazon for $53 http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Black-Mountains-Limited-Edition/dp/0062332104/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408974894&sr=8-1&keywords=9780062332103

It is not being produced by Sub Press. Lots of places online are offering the book for preorder.

sharki69
08-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks Eric. Ordered copy to be on the safe side (Amazon will not charge CC until shipping so nothing to loose...)

Lookwhoitis
08-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Leftover copies of Smoke & Mirrors available on Sub Press' website.

Get em while you can...

https://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/smoke_and_mirrors

sharki69
08-28-2014, 06:43 AM
WOW...I had it in my cart and ....puff.... it was gone..... :mad:

Randall Flagg
08-28-2014, 11:37 AM
One lettered copy of Smoke and Mirrors available.

"
Have a look at the traycase for the lettered edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001O2iAl_KOWRNh4G88cYt1mJcbhWAm7VCCMCxa2g 3trLS-IgRlvxkyA12m01LIuQ5INbfnbQbpYPakSvGVxYrr2aE-HLzeBXu-BmrTeI7FqylOR8tWZ0bqbT4IiSzHO3LbzfbgvT-SM0PG2nz3w7dJLNV3g2Kx-R8-FRzwq7YFHp4PHiBPNalFziMNvINNBw_CfiwRFSVRTof51yV3El sN6o8FPfqX5K0Pz2OypxsWs_0=&c=otuRI0CVhI0jXczvopUvllJbkJ8HdK5Y6kGKhi1RDZOsoP0a n0bcyg==&ch=sGlHWAJ6AKmo4e48tNSDFHLYsp8g_eCi4qajcvKEOggdxI6 IqJSPOw==), the most complicated such beast we've ever attempted. We're packaging and shipping copies today and tomorrow.

For those interested, we have one copy of the lettered still available, as well as a small number of copies of the limited edition."

cit74
08-28-2014, 05:21 PM
One lettered copy of Smoke and Mirrors available.

"
Have a look at the traycase for the lettered edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001O2iAl_KOWRNh4G88cYt1mJcbhWAm7VCCMCxa2g 3trLS-IgRlvxkyA12m01LIuQ5INbfnbQbpYPakSvGVxYrr2aE-HLzeBXu-BmrTeI7FqylOR8tWZ0bqbT4IiSzHO3LbzfbgvT-SM0PG2nz3w7dJLNV3g2Kx-R8-FRzwq7YFHp4PHiBPNalFziMNvINNBw_CfiwRFSVRTof51yV3El sN6o8FPfqX5K0Pz2OypxsWs_0=&c=otuRI0CVhI0jXczvopUvllJbkJ8HdK5Y6kGKhi1RDZOsoP0a n0bcyg==&ch=sGlHWAJ6AKmo4e48tNSDFHLYsp8g_eCi4qajcvKEOggdxI6 IqJSPOw==), the most complicated such beast we've ever attempted. We're packaging and shipping copies today and tomorrow.

For those interested, we have one copy of the lettered still available, as well as a small number of copies of the limited edition."

I saw the email about 10 minutes after it was sent - the lettered copy was already gone - not that I was going to buy it :)

Patrick
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Just chiming in to say that:

I approved the shipping charge for the book from Forbidden Planet.

I have no intention of buying yet another version of TRUTH. I like story and I enjoyed the event, but enough is enough.

cit74
08-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Just chiming in to say that:

I approved the shipping charge for the book from Forbidden Planet.

I have no intention of buying yet another version of TRUTH. I like story and I enjoyed the event, but enough is enough.

I said that too - got the art book - it is nice. But I asked caved (haha) and got the truth book on sale through amazon - it says it comes with a DVD (at first I thought it was another cd) - so if it has the reading from Carnegie hall or San Fran or Europe - then that interests me. In that case I'll just end up selling my single flat signed copy or send to my sister for her kids

Patrick
09-01-2014, 09:51 PM
My ART book arrived from FP. I like it!

Chad, let me know what's on that DVD. Thanks.

cit74
09-02-2014, 07:28 AM
My ART book arrived from FP. I like it!

Chad, let me know what's on that DVD. Thanks.

I do like the art book as well - and of course I will update on the dvd - unfortunately still have to wait a few months for that one

cit74
09-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Just got my tickets to see Amanda Palmer in SF - small venue - less than 500 seats - should be fun. She has a few more dates on her tour - and a few on the East Coast - she is having a "special" goes who she will be speaking with/interviewing at each event. Guess who is in Boston: Neil - might be worth trying to get to this one

i'm also going to be presenting a speciallll conversation/interview guest in each venue, not every city is confirmed, but they're going to be unique and they're going to be awesome.
so far, we have:
chicago: PETER SAGAL (my hero), the host of NPR's "wait wait don't tell me"
DC: THOMAS DOLBY, the amazing musician and TED-friend
boston: NEIL GAIMAN and JASON WEBLEY and maybe more
philly: KYLE CASSIDY
and with that, i am excited to finally announce:
AN EVENING WITH AMANDA PALMER: THE ART OF ASKING BOOK TOUR
Nov. 10 - CAMBRIDGE, MA Porter Square Books
25 White Street - Cambridge, MA 02140
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | FREE
MORE INFO HERE, SOON
Nov. 11 - BOSTON, MA - Royale
279 Tremont Street - Boston, MA 02116
TIME TBA | AGES 18+ | $ TBA
TICKET LINK TBA
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am EST
Nov. 12 - WASHINGTON, DC - Sixth & I Synagogue
600 I St. NW - Washington DC 20001
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $15-$22.50
TICKETS & INFO
Nov. 13 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - First Unitarian Sanctuary
2125 Chestnut Street - Philadelphia PA 19106
8pm | ALL AGES | $20
TICKETS & INFO
Nov. 14 - NEW YORK CITY, NY - Barnes & Noble Union Square
33 East 17th Street - New York, NY 10003
7pm | ALL AGES | FREE
STORE INFO (additional event info TBA)
Nov. 15 - CHICAGO, IL - Thalia Hall
1807 S Allport St - Chicago IL 60608
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $ TBA
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am CDT
Nov. 16 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
416 Cedar Avenue S. - Minneapolis, MN 55454
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $ TBA
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am CDT
Nov. 18 - SEATTLE, WA - Town Hall
1119 Eighth Ave. - Seattle, WA 98101
7:30pm | ALL AGES
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Thursday, September 11 @ 10am PST
Nov. 19 - PORTLAND, OR - Wonder Ballroom
128 N.E. Russell Street - Portland OR 97212
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $15-$18
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am local PST
Nov. 20 SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Jewish Community Center of SF
3200 California Street - San Francisco, CA 94118
7pm | ALL AGES | $25-$35
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE NOW!!!!!
Nov. 21 BERKLEY, CA - Freight & Salvage
2020 Addison Street - Berkeley CA 94704
TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $20-$22
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am PST
Nov. 22 - LOS ANGELES, CA - First Unitarian Church
2936 W. 8th Street - Los Angeles, CA 90005
ALL AGES | $18-$23
TICKETS & INFO
ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am PST
Nov. 23 - DENVER, CO - Tattered Cover Book Store
2526 East Colfax Avenue - Denver, CO 80206
2pm | ALL AGES | FREE
MORE INFO
Nov. 24 - AUSTIN, TX - Book People
603 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78703
7pm | ALL AGES | FREE
MORE INFO
Nov. 25 - TORONTO, ONT - Lee's Palace
529 Bloor Street West - Toronto ON M5S 1Y5 CANADA
AGES 19+ | $18
TICKETS & INFO

ELazansky
09-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Great, she's going to be in Philly on a Thursday night during the same week my daughter's school musical is running. No way I can get there. I would be neat to hear her. She seems like an interesting person.

Oh well. I did pre-order a signed copy of her new book from Porter Square Books. Support the whole independent store, etc.

I'll still send you my copy of Who Killed Amanda Palmer in case she has time to sign. That would be cool to have.

cit74
09-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Great, she's going to be in Philly on a Thursday night during the same week my daughter's school musical is running. No way I can get there. I would be neat to hear her. She seems like an interesting person.

Oh well. I did pre-order a signed copy of her new book from Porter Square Books. Support the whole independent store, etc.

I'll still send you my copy of Who Killed Amanda Palmer in case she has time to sign. That would be cool to have.

From her blog it sounds like she will have time to sign. Im planning on picking up her new book at the venue - although ill probsvly call the book store sponsoring the event to make sure about the signing first

Patrick
09-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I'd like to see her, but would have to decide closer to the date whether I could make it. And then I'd have to be able to land tix. We'll see.

sharki69
09-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Tweet from Neil - 900 STARDUST prints signed, 900 to go. Charles Vess and I wrapping up an 18 year long project. http://www.whosay.com/l/OIe9ft0

ELazansky
09-17-2014, 11:35 AM
He has signed so many things over the last 20 years that his signature itself it almost worthless.

cit74
09-17-2014, 11:54 AM
He has signed so many things over the last 20 years that his signature itself it almost worthless.

Maybe if there was some actual stardust included in/on the prints - it would increase its value. I never bothered to order any of these prints - at $300 for the first 6 prints and then an additional $50 for each of the remaining 6 prints at an irregular schedule. not my cup of tea

mkberger
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/Rivende1128/Gaiman--OCEAN-AT-THE-END-OF-THE-LANE-Proof_zps4b20ac61.jpg

sharki69
09-24-2014, 02:30 PM
NICE !!!

cit74
09-29-2014, 03:01 PM
FYI - there is a special limited remarqued version of the last temptation book coming out. it is due out about a month after the s/l version. I just happened to come across this while ordering stuff at another site:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=NEIL+GAIMAN+LAST+TEMPTATI_1385412

George at C-Springs
10-01-2014, 02:52 PM
For all of our members in Deutschland (or Nederland, or France, or England, or Scotland, if you want to make the drive), if you haven't already heard ... Neil Gaiman will be in Hamburg at the Literaturhaus on 20 October and Koln 21 Oct.

George at C-Springs
10-01-2014, 03:06 PM
FYI - there is a special limited remarqued version of the last temptation book coming out. it is due out about a month after the s/l version. I just happened to come across this while ordering stuff at another site:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...MPTATI_1385412

Thanks for that. My brother is a huge Alice Cooper freak, so just picked him up his Christmas present (and it might just make it if they publish on time and deliver quickly).

Stockerlone
10-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Tks a lot for the info George.:thumbsup:
Info booklet and of cause the TICKET for the event 20.10.14 in HAMBURG.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3016.JPG

herbertwest
10-03-2014, 03:39 AM
Would love to get a french AMERICAN GODS signed.... but not gonna happen.

ELazansky
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
There is a UK edition of The Sleeper and the Spindle coming out this month - http://www.gaimanbooks.com/fiction/the-sleeper-and-the-spindle

I know, I know...how many copies of one story can you have. But is looks like a really nice book, and not expensive. The Book Depository has it for $18.85 shipped to the US - http://www.bookdepository.com/Sleeper-Spindle-Neil-Gaiman/9781408859643

The Library Policeman
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
There was a Kate Bush documentary on the BBC the other day and Mr Gaiman popped up in it a few times. He's a fan :)

racerx45
10-06-2014, 02:53 PM
There was a Kate Bush documentary on the BBC the other day and Mr Gaiman popped up in it a few times. He's a fan :)

Cool, do you happen to know if that is online anywhere?

The Library Policeman
10-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Cool, do you happen to know if that is online anywhere?

Full documentary is here:

http://vimeo.com/m/104161624

Enjoy!

cit74
10-06-2014, 03:19 PM
There is a UK edition of The Sleeper and the Spindle coming out this month - http://www.gaimanbooks.com/fiction/the-sleeper-and-the-spindle

I know, I know...how many copies of one story can you have. But is looks like a really nice book, and not expensive. The Book Depository has it for $18.85 shipped to the US - http://www.bookdepository.com/Sleeper-Spindle-Neil-Gaiman/9781408859643

Does look nice - at 72 pages a lot longer than the book day version - must have a ton of illustrations or they just printed it in an even smaller size

herbertwest
10-07-2014, 03:49 AM
Neil is also coming to Paris I got details and a contact for the press conference... but since it's a monday during the working hours, I wont be able to go this time...
Will find out more details if there is a signing or something that I could attend to...

herbertwest
10-07-2014, 04:21 AM
There will be a signing on the friday. Outside of Paris... but the good news is, that on fridays I finish early. So MAY be able to attend.

cit74
10-07-2014, 05:40 AM
There will be a signing on the friday. Outside of Paris... but the good news is, that on fridays I finish early. So MAY be able to attend.

very cool - hope that you can get there.

herbertwest
10-14-2014, 06:14 AM
So, I will TRY to attend the book signing.
And I WILL be able to attend the french press conference planned on the monday morning :)

RC65
10-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Here's a long shot...

I had a 1st ed. US trade HC of NEVERWHERE inscribed in person to me by Gaiman back in its year of release (whenever that was) at a local bookstore here in WA State. Somewhere down the line I foolishly sold it, so have kept an eye out for it ever since, hoping it'll pop up on eBay or forums like this or etc. No luck.

So: If anyone ever comes across a copy that is inscribed to "Ron" or "Ron Clinton" -- can't recall which it was -- and are interested in getting it back home, please let me know...I'd certainly be interested in buying it off you.

sharki69
10-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Oblong Books & Music (http://www.oblongbooks.com/) has a lot of Neil Gaiman books signed.

http://instagram.com/p/uTVmhRivXh/

Call them @ (845) 876-0500 to order. They have been very nice and helpful

I grabbed (1st/1st):
The Art of Neil Gaiman
Fortunately, the Milk (last one...)
Mr. Punch - 20th Anniversary Edition

They also have 1st/1st of The Graveyard Book Graphic Novel and Sandman omnibus.

If you find and order other books that are 1st/1st, please post...

cit74
10-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Just got the Bloomsbury Sleeper and the spindle - a really nice production for the price - thanks again Eric for passing that along

Stockerlone
10-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Just come back from the bookreading event with NEIL GAIMAN.... it was superamazing.
Pics etc. tomorrow....

Merlin1958
10-20-2014, 05:06 PM
You know what? I don't think we have ever had the pleasure of auctioning anything, Gaiman for the HF. Anyone care to donate? Get's him a little exposure and it is a good cause. PM me if you are interested and willing.

herbertwest
10-21-2014, 03:11 AM
My hero: Mary Shelley by Neil Gaiman (essay on the Guardian)
>>> http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/oct/18/my-hero-mary-shelley-neil-gaiman

Stockerlone
10-21-2014, 12:13 PM
20.10.14 Neil Gaiman
Bookreading event Literaturhaus Hamburg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5659.JPG

Amazing bookreading event, 1 1/2 hrs.
Only 3 meters from my place to NG.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5660.JPG
3 reading parts from Neil Gaiman from his new novel The Ocean....3 from the german translator.
A lot of questions from the smart moderator Felicitas von Lovenberg,
Neil Gaiman told us that he is right now scripting the AMERICAN GODS TV series.
Then NO q+a with the audience but at the signing it was possible to talk for everyone with NG, make pics
with him etc.
After the reading, two 2 waiting lines had formed for the signing , in my lane i was in position 5.
Then, my line was closed, they only want one line...
I had to go to the other lane... and i only must wait 1 hr...:idea:
Not a big problem, there were nice NG fans to talk with and more then 50+ people must wait longer longer longer for signed books.
One of the best events, i visit in the last years,

Neil Gaiman signed and doodled my books.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5669.JPG

All my signed doodled books from Neil Gaiman
999 Al Sarrantonio
signed and doodled from Neil Gaiman
signed and remarqued from Levin Kurio / SK-The road virus heads north.
(At the last Hamburg Comic Börse i get this nice drawing from Levin Kurio,
owner from Weissblech comics.)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5478.JPG

Neil Gaiman realy liked the drawing from Levin Kurio in my 999, then he also drawed something special in all my books.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PICT3033.JPG

Marvel 1602 - Neil Gaiman
signed doodled
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PICT3034.JPG

Neil Gaiman - Das Graveyard Buch
metal case edition
signed and doodled
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT30311.JPG

Neil Gaiman - Coraline
signed and doodled
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3030.JPG

Neil Gaiman - Der Ozean am Ende der Straße
signed and doodled
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3028.JPG

Neil Gaiman - Der Ozean am Ende der Straße
signed
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3029.JPG

becca69
10-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Love Neil's remarques!

ELazansky
10-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Nice set of books - glad you had a great time

herbertwest
10-22-2014, 12:20 AM
The french signing is on friday. Any advice? Does he talk a bit with people or just sign...?

Stockerlone
10-22-2014, 04:09 AM
The french signing is on friday. Any advice? Does he talk a bit with people or just sign...?

Our event was different to other events....
A lot of questions from the moderator. 3 reading parts from Neil Gaiman from his new novel The Ocean....3 from the german translator.
NG talked about... everything: childhood, family , new projects....
Then NO q+a with the audience.....
But then when NG signed books, it was possible to talk for everyone with NG, make pics with him etc. For one person in the sig. line i think NG need 1-2+++ minutes

sharki69
10-22-2014, 05:47 AM
Looks like a fun event (and signing...)

cit74
10-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Great event - he did a lot more signings than any of the US tours - they were pretty crowded and we were limited in what to get signed. Looks like a wonderful time indeed.

herbertwest
10-23-2014, 12:59 AM
HANSEL & GRETEL
By Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Lorenzo Mattotti
52 pp. Toon Graphic/Toon Books. $16.95; large-format edition, $29.95. (Ages 6 and up)

Review in the New York TImes
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/books/hansel-gretel-by-neil-gaiman-and-lorenzo-mattotti.html?_r=1

Stockerlone
10-23-2014, 06:32 AM
HANSEL & GRETEL
By Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Lorenzo Mattotti
52 pp. Toon Graphic/Toon Books. $16.95; large-format edition, $29.95. (Ages 6 and up)

Review in the New York TImes
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/books/hansel-gretel-by-neil-gaiman-and-lorenzo-mattotti.html?_r=1

Total forget it...
Hänsel + Gretel lay before him on the table, he maybe wanna read...
Instead of 2 reading passages from OCEAN he had read three, then he talked toooo much....
Then...no more time for the new Hänsel + Gretel.

sharki69
10-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Got these yesterday :)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/E5B6D3EE-4F75-44A0-8A85-7C18841011D5.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/E5B6D3EE-4F75-44A0-8A85-7C18841011D5.jpg.html)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/71F10CAA-A2A9-4FD3-B876-D9976C04BD1F.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/71F10CAA-A2A9-4FD3-B876-D9976C04BD1F.jpg.html)

herbertwest
10-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Met Neil tonight.
French signing around Paris. Started officially at 6pm, and I was able to be there just after 6.... and there were probably about 200 people waiting. Joined in, waited about two hours and half before reaching him.
He is quite a nice fellow. You could see that he was a bit tired, but he took time to speak a bit and sign anything that you would give him (a member of the staff from the bookshop was previously saying that he would sign 1 book that you bring and as many copies of OCEAN as you want).

I made him sign 3 books : a copy of AMERICAN GODS, a french copy of OCEAN and my ARC of the anthology in dedication of Ray Bradbury. So we talked about it about this book (he was surprised that it was a pre-publication copy), about the fact that he met Ray a few times and corresponded a bit (although he wouldn't say that they were friends).
And it was nice to see that he remembered me from twitter as I introduced myself as managing a website about Steve and he was like "I guess that you're @ClubStephenKing on twitter?"

Nice wee event. I was surprised to see how popular he was and many people really enjoyed SANDMAN (I need to buy the omnibus version).
The good thing was to bring 3 books, so more time to speak a bit.... but I cannot wait to go to the press conference on monday. Should be more interesting, more time to spend.

Will show the pictures tomorrow.

sharki69
10-24-2014, 06:55 PM
McNally Jackson Books has :

Hansel and Gretel, signed by Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti (Oversized, Deluxe Edition) (http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/product/hansel-and-gretel-signed-neil-gaiman-oversized-deluxe-edition)- $29.95
Hansel and Gretel, signed by Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti (http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/product/hansel-and-gretel-signed-neil-gaiman) - $16.95

becca69
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM

Hansel and Gretel, signed by Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti (Oversized, Deluxe Edition) (http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/product/hansel-and-gretel-signed-neil-gaiman-oversized-deluxe-edition)- $29.95
Hansel and Gretel, signed by Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti (http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/product/hansel-and-gretel-signed-neil-gaiman) - $16.95

Thanks. Ordered.

BTW where did you get the signed copy of Mr. Punch?

sharki69
10-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Look at post 1420 for details :)

Thanks. Ordered.

BTW where did you get the signed copy of Mr. Punch?

herbertwest
10-28-2014, 01:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/10731069_10201835555609963_8377465463659854807_n.j pg?oh=e91b5dcc80b5a46c1d20b16b7785b4ff&oe=54DE387C&__gda__=1420930947_0cc673f5454e23b8d65a1dc8b135e4e b

So I FINALLY have finished my article about the press conference with Neil Gaiman.
Among the several things he mentionned, he said that his next book will very likely be an AMERICAN GOD novel !

Here is a link to my article..
>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actualite

Since most of y'all, dont read french, i think that you can go directly to the audio recording ! Unfortunately there is about 15 minutes missing, but it's still quite interesting !
>>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actualite#enregistrement-audio

In the meantime, here is a selection of the signed books I got !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10734207_10201835551289855_3175658237396169146_n.j pg?oh=387d9958ced99fb101749916ec4d792f&oe=54E53F47&__gda__=1420631889_3e49f412f2e456b5b3c5a3f893993a4 8

Anansi Boys : I didnt pay attention, but the dedication of the book says that as always the reader take the book, seek for the dedication and of course is not dedicated to us. Neil underlined the part where it says that this time, the book is dedicated to YOU (the reader). Which is a nice dedication !
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/p600x600/10410728_10201835551329856_1125567083285720011_n.j pg?oh=dad171f3e85feb51344bcea9ad416631&oe=54ED7A94

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p600x600/10347549_10201835551369857_6555680613474654509_n.j pg?oh=bdb18956f2b47e3f8e2ec17ba66f6943&oe=54F1898E

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/p600x600/1911673_10201835552369882_2625722369182211174_n.jp g?oh=a74e48fdd84c5d213850d23b6a1ea6ad&oe=54E0AC98&__gda__=1425434272_0d6323f69bf489803c2d05a89340617 8

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10003967_10201835552409883_7289803218178683212_n.j pg?oh=17b8d22a9ce5b67ab6d07407880bb907&oe=54AAC7CE&__gda__=1425496747_a2e06eaa5a8b602d4455fd0ebb506d2 f

cit74
10-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Listening to interview now - thanks for the link and the wonderful pictures - looks like a great weekend. I also ordered my signed hansel book online today - thanks Shac - btw the site was down last night so I called today - they said just to order online (it was working today) since its a separate online event to order copies.

cit74
10-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Neil's next book - short stories called trigger warning is due out in February - here's a link for Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Warning-Short-Fictions-Disturbances/dp/0062330268/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414533922&sr=8-1&keywords=trigger+warning+gaiman

Let's see if anyone can find signed copies somewhere before the release

Booknutt
10-28-2014, 02:13 PM
I've heard indie bookstores may be getting signed copies.

ELazansky
10-30-2014, 11:42 AM
I got my signed limited of The Last Temptation today. I'm surprised Amazon still had copies - thought for sure that they would cancel their orders due to "allocations". But, it arrived safe and sound. Also have one of the signed a remarqued copies on order from Midtown Comics. Hope that turns out nice.

cit74
10-30-2014, 07:09 PM
I got my signed limited of The Last Temptation today. I'm surprised Amazon still had copies - thought for sure that they would cancel their orders due to "allocations". But, it arrived safe and sound. Also have one of the signed a remarqued copies on order from Midtown Comics. Hope that turns out nice.

My copy is coming from TFAW and also the one from Midtown - glad that amazon still had their copies. Maybe it is just the fact that not many people knew about this one? I am not sure how much he mentioned it on his journal - I don't remember seeing much. Is there any mention as to the limitation of the signed copy? Do you assume it is somewhere between 1000-2500?

ELazansky
10-31-2014, 01:59 AM

My copy is coming from TFAW and also the one from Midtown - glad that amazon still had their copies. Maybe it is just the fact that not many people knew about this one? I am not sure how much he mentioned it on his journal - I don't remember seeing much. Is there any mention as to the limitation of the signed copy? Do you assume it is somewhere between 1000-2500?

The limitation page isn't numbered, and Dynamite's website doesn't say either. They do say the remarqued edition will be 200 copies, so I wonder if they are just taking 200 copies from the regular signed edition and numbering them.

becca69
11-01-2014, 08:09 AM
They also have them at B&N signed:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/neil-gaimans-the-last-temptation-20th-anniversary-deluxe-edition-hardcover-signed-by-neil-gaiman-alice-cooper/1120206990?ean=9781606905449

sharki69
11-01-2014, 01:11 PM

Got my copy from Amazon signed by all 3

cit74
11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Well I guess it's just a waiting game for hansel and gretel signed - here's the form email I received today:

Hello Friend,

Thank you for ordering Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti's Hansel & Gretel, signed by the creators from McNally Jackson Books. We are currently processing the orders we've received.

We do not yet know whether we will have enough stock to fulfill your order but will update you on or before 11/11. Should we have enough stock to fulfill your order, your book(s) will ship, per the shipping option you chose at checkout, on or before 11/11. You will not be charged until we are sure we can fulfill your order.

Thank you for your patience. We are a small team working as quickly as we can and are delighted to work with so many passionate fans. If you have any other questions or concerns, please ask.

Thank you and have a good day!
-Landon
Web Human
McNally Jackson Books

sharki69
11-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Well I guess it's just a waiting game for hansel and gretel signed - here's the form email I received today:

Hello Friend,

Thank you for ordering Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti's Hansel & Gretel, signed by the creators from McNally Jackson Books. We are currently processing the orders we've received.

We do not yet know whether we will have enough stock to fulfill your order but will update you on or before 11/11. Should we have enough stock to fulfill your order, your book(s) will ship, per the shipping option you chose at checkout, on or before 11/11. You will not be charged until we are sure we can fulfill your order.

Thank you for your patience. We are a small team working as quickly as we can and are delighted to work with so many passionate fans. If you have any other questions or concerns, please ask.

Thank you and have a good day!
-Landon
Web Human
McNally Jackson Books

Got this email as well. Don't understand why...

Alternative - Golden Notebook in Woodstock, NY have signed copies of Hansel and Gretel - http://www.goldennotebook.com/

From Neil Twitter - On the wall of The Golden Notebook in Woodstock, NY. They have copies of Hansel and Gretel there, signed by me. http://www.whosay.com/l/UOm9yGB

swintek
11-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Pretty excited for this:

http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780062330260

becca69
11-05-2014, 08:15 AM
I got the same form email from them also. If it's a pre-order you would think they would get enough.

WeDealInLead
11-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Stardust from Easton: http://www.eastonpress.com/books/prod/A15/NEIL-GAIMAN--Stardust--Signed-Edition_3005.aspx?source=3C75&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Stardust_tweet_nov

ELazansky
11-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Stardust from Easton: http://www.eastonpress.com/books/prod/A15/NEIL-GAIMAN--Stardust--Signed-Edition_3005.aspx?source=3C75&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Stardust_tweet_nov

Wow, didn't know that was coming...order placed. Thanks for the info!

swintek
11-05-2014, 11:56 AM

Hmmm. No Vess illustrations? The book was really conceived and built with his "voice" in mind, and I think they are fairly essentially tied to this tale. I'll pass.

cit74
11-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Hmmm. No Vess illustrations? The book was really conceived and built with his "voice" in mind, and I think they are fairly essentially tied to this tale. I'll pass.

I would really love if they did a s/l of the oversized book with Vess art - that I would buy immediately. I only have a second edition of that. But I have the original 4 series TPB all signed by gaiman and vess - so I will stick with that. I can't count how many s/l of stardust I have - it might be close to as many of the ocean that came out. FOr not doing any more signings - it seems a lot easier to get his new books signed (now those older ones - that's a whole other story)

somekindofstranger
11-06-2014, 05:21 AM

I agree to an extent. I have another S/L of Stardust (blue hardcover in a blue slipcase) and that's nowhere near as impressive as the standard illustrated version.

On the other hand, $99 is reasonable for a S/L and it is very sparkly....

somekindofstranger
11-06-2014, 05:25 AM
"Portfolio "Smoke and Mirrors" 8 images silk-screened - limited to 100 copies. The portfolio is signed by Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman. Discover the Martel Gallery"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1sgWW9IUAAJUP_.jpg:large

I have been in touch with the Gallery in Paris, as I hope to visit the Dave McKean exhibition in a couple of weeks and they have advised these are available at 450euro each. You can contact them at contact@galeriemartel.fr

(These are images from the recent SubPress version of Smoke and Mirrors)

ELazansky
11-06-2014, 08:26 AM

I agree to an extent. I have another S/L of Stardust (blue hardcover in a blue slipcase) and that's nowhere near as impressive as the standard illustrated version.

I'm a sucker for fine, leather-bound books :-)

swintek
11-06-2014, 02:44 PM

I'm a sucker for fine, leather-bound books :-)

I agree, Eric, and I certainly am a fan of Easton as well. I bought their American Gods even though I knew it wouldn't come anywhere near the HH edition in sheer creativity of design. But- I, too, am a sucker for leather-bound books. ;) .

I do have to say that I have a Love/meh relationship with Easton, though. A lot of their more generic stuff just doesn't do anything for me, but when they start getting a little more creative with their interior design and illustrations, and also with the cover gold inlay designs- some are "generic" and some are title-specific, which gets my attention every time.

One of their recent titles which shot immediately into one of my favorite editions (from any publisher) on my shelf is their Hound of the Baskervilles. Absolutely stunning. Weirdly, even though Dracula is my all-time favorite book- their new edition -which looks like it was templated exactly from "Hound"- doesn't do it for me for whatever reason. Go figure.

Ron

herbertwest
11-09-2014, 05:42 AM
"Portfolio "Smoke and Mirrors" 8 images silk-screened - limited to 100 copies. The portfolio is signed by Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman. Discover the Martel Gallery"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1sgWW9IUAAJUP_.jpg:large

I have been in touch with the Gallery in Paris, as I hope to visit the Dave McKean exhibition in a couple of weeks and they have advised these are available at 450euro each. You can contact them at contact@galeriemartel.fr

(These are images from the recent SubPress version of Smoke and Mirrors)

In a couple of weeks?
As far as I remember, the exhibition closes on november 22nd (!). I plan on going to see it next week-end.

somekindofstranger
11-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Well nearly 2 weeks...I hope to go on the 18th (which was 12 days from when I posted!)

The folio is now on the gallery website:

http://www.galeriemartel.com/index.php/dave-mckean/mckean-portfolio

Very torn. Love the artwork but it is very expensive...

mikeC
11-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Well nearly 2 weeks...I hope to go on the 18th (which was 12 days from when I posted!)

That's awesome! Enjoy the exhibit!
How many prints are in the folio? I don't see that info. for $600 I would consider it depending on how many pieces are in it.

mikeC
11-10-2014, 09:09 AM
I see he's putting out a book of Short Stories in January.

somekindofstranger
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM

That's awesome! Enjoy the exhibit!
How many prints are in the folio? I don't see that info. for $600 I would consider it depending on how many pieces are in it.

Just 8.

somekindofstranger
11-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Collectors edition of Hansel and Gretel on sale today:

http://www.toon-books.com/hansel-and-gretel-collectors-edition.html

ELazansky
11-11-2014, 05:30 AM

Damn....I was hoping to avoid a lot of S/L purchases during the holidays...but this looks kind of nice.

ELazansky
11-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Damn....I was hoping to avoid a lot of S/L purchases during the holidays...but this looks kind of nice.

Well I ordered one - the price will go up after the first round, so better now than later

erxbooks
11-11-2014, 08:37 AM

I bought one as well.

erxbooks
11-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Going to Amanda Palmer's book reading here in Minneapolis on Sunday night. Bringing a couple of Neil books along just in case.

Patrick
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Well I ordered one - the price will go up after the first round, so better now than later
Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy. $150 price point.

Patrick
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Going to Amanda Palmer's book reading here in Minneapolis on Sunday night. Bringing a couple of Neil books along just in case.
Let us know your impression!

cit74
11-11-2014, 09:25 PM

We (my wife and I) are seeing her next Thursday - let us know how the evening goes...and if neil shows up.

cit74
11-11-2014, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy. $150 price point.

Double damn you. Still at $150 price point. So how much do you think they'll go up with each tier/next 100 (? I can't imagine them increasing more than $25 per tier). I'll have to check back to see how quickly/slowly these really sell.

Update on the McNally Jackson signed hansel and gretel - spoke with roger today (he was person running the Internet sale of the double signed books). Don't expect email until near end of week (not the 11th in original email) - they were overwhelmed with response/orders. He said after neil tweeted about the event - the day after the signing - they got a ton of orders and international orders. They're shipping in order of date/time when order placed. If you ordered before the signing/on the 1st - then you should be good to go. Roger checked my order - on the 28th - and said I should be fine. Still have to wait n see.

I did like the book - and so did my son. We had a good time reading it the other night. Enjoyed the art - Caleb had fun describing what he saw. Now I've got 3 editions of this book coming - done. No more - seriously, please, no more.

somekindofstranger
11-12-2014, 05:57 AM

I opted out in the end. As much is it looks a lovely edition, with postage to the UK it exceeds $200 which in my opinion was a lot for a 56 page book!

In other news, it seems that Subterranean Press should be shipping the s/l of Interworld and The Silver Dream next week (still not sold out, $120 for a matching pair).

becca69
11-12-2014, 06:01 AM
I have a McNally Jackson package sitting here :)

sharki69
11-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Placed my order 10/24 so hopefully I'll be fine.

Still looking for signed copy of The Sleeper and the Spindle - does anyone knows where to find one ?

cit74
11-12-2014, 07:06 AM

they must really like you :) … but how do you flirt with an online order? :)

becca69
11-12-2014, 07:58 AM

It takes skills you can't possibly understand Chad!

somekindofstranger
11-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Placed my order 10/24 so hopefully I'll be fine.

Still looking for signed copy of The Sleeper and the Spindle - does anyone knows where to find one ?

someone asked Neil on Twitter if there was signed edition of The Sleeper a little while ago. his reply was 'not yet'

ELazansky
11-12-2014, 03:30 PM

I opted out in the end. As much is it looks a lovely edition, with postage to the UK it exceeds $200 which in my opinion was a lot for a 56 page book!

I can see passing due to the overall cost, but I try not do do a "price per page count" valuation when buying a book. A beautiful, well-made "smaller" book wins out over a 800 behemoth that just has a signature page in it.

My copy has already been shipped out from NY - probably get here in a day or two

cit74
11-12-2014, 03:37 PM
M

It takes skills you can't possibly understand Chad!

I can only imagine - not sure what i did - since I too had a package from Jackson today as well when I got home. Looks nice. And at same time my signed copy of temptation arrived as well. And most importantly - I found out the empty conduit from my main box actually ran to our front hill side - so we don't have to dig a ton to get power to our gate �� - only need to dig a little ways under some dirt - still a huge savings.

cit74
11-12-2014, 03:38 PM

I can see passing due to the overall cost, but I try not do do a "price per page count" valuation when buying a book. A beautiful, well-made "smaller" book wins out over a 800 behemoth that just has a signature page in it.

My copy has already been shipped out from NY - probably get here in a day or two

I certainly hope it looks nice - but I'll definitely stop with these 3 copies of this one. I love Melinda - and that's a tiny book (well in page count) too.

sharki69
11-12-2014, 06:21 PM

Got mine today

becca69
11-13-2014, 06:39 AM

Got mine today

So was yours covered in "packaging dust"? The envelope thing they put it in was crazy!

cit74
11-13-2014, 05:56 PM

Got mine today

So was yours covered in "packaging dust"? The envelope thing they put it in was crazy!

i didn't notice any - seemed pretty clean

ELazansky
11-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I got my deluxe Hansel and Gretel. The book is the same as the regular deluxe edition with the die-cut cover, with the tipped in limitation page signed by Neil and the artist. Also has a nice silk screened print signed by the artist and has the same number as the book. All stored in a very nice box. I'm happy with it.

sharki69
11-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Can't keep up with Neil...

http://www.sixteenlegs.com/product-p/009.htm

Sixteen Legs - Book Combo - Limited Deluxe Edition. Limited to 200 sales: your name will be printed in the 'Queen of the Dark' book as a special supporter, and you will get a copy of both books signed by Neil Gaiman and the key contributors. $100

ELazansky
11-15-2014, 03:35 AM

Sixteen Legs - Book Combo - Limited Deluxe Edition. Limited to 200 sales: your name will be printed in the 'Queen of the Dark' book as a special supporter, and you will get a copy of both books signed by Neil Gaiman and the key contributors. $100

Photo book about spiders with Neil providing some text - this type of thing may interest others, but I'll pass.

I really do appreciate you and everyone else posting these books when they come available. I don't know how you guys find these titles.

cit74
11-15-2014, 05:59 AM

Photo book about spiders with Neil providing some text - this type of thing may interest others, but I'll pass.

I really do appreciate you and everyone else posting these books when they come available. I don't know how you guys find these titles.

I agree - the info from everyone on signed books has been incredible - I think this is the single best site to gather all of this information. Especially Shac lately - great job finding these.

As an aside - things from another world cancelled my preorder of last temptation - seriously - these guys do not allow you to cancel a preorder - so they have an accurate count of the books they get in and close their preorders off early based upon their expected supply - then they couldn't fullfil my order and sent an I'm sorry email - wtf? Glad when I saw their delay I ordered a copy from cheap graphic novels.

Lastly - the next two books I'll be looking for are signed spindles and trigger warning - trigger warning being the bigger one to find

cit74
11-15-2014, 06:00 AM

You don't want to learn about the cave spider and possibly win a trip to Tasmania? Come on that sounds like fun :)
Too many bills for me - I'm taking a pass as well.

WeDealInLead
11-15-2014, 08:52 AM
The best source for his upcoming collectibles etc. is his Twitter. That's where I found the link for Easton Stardust. It seems like he posts info about some new collectible every day.

sharki69
11-15-2014, 09:22 AM

I agree - the info from everyone on signed books has been incredible - I think this is the single best site to gather all of this information. Especially Shac lately - great job finding these.

Thank you guys. It's my pleasure.

The best source for his upcoming collectibles etc. is his Twitter. That's where I found the link for Easton Stardust. It seems like he posts info about some new collectible every day.

You are correct - he is mainly using Twitter to communicate and post about his signings.

I was on the fence about the book I posted. After your comments - I'll pass as well.

On a side note (I'm sure you already have it, but just in case...) - SP still has 7 copies of S/L Smoke and Mirrors - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/smoke_and_mirrors

cit74
11-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Well here's one answer to trigger warning signing:

Hi, this is Tavia from William Morrow, Neil's US publisher. This post is for US indie booksellers. I see lots of enthusiasm about THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE bookselling competition, and so we wanted to let US indie bookstores know that if you'd like to join the competition, you just need to contact your HarperCollins sales rep to sign up and get promotional materials for your store (we designed a flyer and an image for the web).

Neil first posted about this competition here: https://www.facebook.com/neilgaiman/posts/10152420077926016
There's a competition that's just started. I'm the prize. It's for independent US bookshops who want to host the one and only TRIGGER WARNING signing in February.

The contest is to see who can sell the most copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane in the run-up to the holidays.

I'm not going to comment on the lack of competing bookstores in Hawaii. I will say that if you are planning to give copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as holiday gifts, you could always get them from one of these shops, and increase the odds of me turning up to do a signing in February.

(And if you are sad because there is no-one competing near you, you can also suggest to your local independent bookshop that they might want to take part. I'll update the list as we go.)

There are about 15 stores in the competition - and there's one in Bethlehem and San fran (keep fingers crossed). Hopefully once winner is announced we can call and preorder a signed copy. Just have to follow facebook and update

ELazansky
11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Well here's one answer to trigger warning signing:

Hi, this is Tavia from William Morrow, Neil's US publisher. This post is for US indie booksellers. I see lots of enthusiasm about THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE bookselling competition, and so we wanted to let US indie bookstores know that if you'd like to join the competition, you just need to contact your HarperCollins sales rep to sign up and get promotional materials for your store (we designed a flyer and an image for the web).

Neil first posted about this competition here: https://www.facebook.com/neilgaiman/posts/10152420077926016
There's a competition that's just started. I'm the prize. It's for independent US bookshops who want to host the one and only TRIGGER WARNING signing in February.

The contest is to see who can sell the most copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane in the run-up to the holidays.

I'm not going to comment on the lack of competing bookstores in Hawaii. I will say that if you are planning to give copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as holiday gifts, you could always get them from one of these shops, and increase the odds of me turning up to do a signing in February.

(And if you are sad because there is no-one competing near you, you can also suggest to your local independent bookshop that they might want to take part. I'll update the list as we go.)

There are about 15 stores in the competition - and there's one in Bethlehem and San fran (keep fingers crossed). Hopefully once winner is announced we can call and preorder a signed copy. Just have to follow facebook and update

The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.

Stockerlone
11-16-2014, 09:39 AM
The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _______________

Off topic... but....

Germany oldest bookshop Korn und Berg
in the business since 1531 :eek:
http://www.kornundberg.de/

ELazansky
11-16-2014, 10:16 AM
The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Off topic... but....

Germany oldest bookshop Korn und Berg
in the business since 1531 :eek:
http://www.kornundberg.de/

I go by local history...http://shop.moravianbookshop.com/page.htm?pg=ABOUT

It is a weird bookseller contest, to see who can sell as many copies of Ocean this holiday season. You'd think that everyone who was going to buy a copy already has. I doubt my little shop has much of a chance

somekindofstranger
11-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Out of interest, is anyone else waiting on The Sandman Exhibition Catalogue from The Cartoon Art Museum?

Patrick
11-21-2014, 01:07 AM
It is a weird bookseller contest, to see who can sell as many copies of Ocean this holiday season. You'd think that everyone who was going to buy a copy already has. I doubt my little shop has much of a chance
This is exactly what I was thinking.

On a side note, I received my S/L of HANSEL AND GRETEL with the additional print. #88 of 500. I like it.

Like many of you, I'm passing on the spider book.

cit74
11-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Had a great time at amanda palmers reading/interview/singing event last night. No neil at the reading. She spoke from the heart and my wife and I had a wonderful time. Neil helped edit her book and took liberties with his part of the dialogue in her stories (involving himself). And I too am passing on the spider book (but my hansel should be here in a day or two).

Patrick
11-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Glad you enjoyed AFP last night, Chad. Any photos to share?

cit74
11-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Glad you enjoyed AFP last night, Chad. Any photos to share?

Unfortunately no - I know lame...we had a box of books - steph bought one for all of her directors - and it was late - so we just got through as best we could. But amanda did take a picture of steph and her box of books - I know a lot of good that does. It was still great and steph laughed out loud several times - well worth the time