PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ELazansky
12-12-2013, 12:49 PM
The Hogben Chronicles is avaialble on http://borderlandspress.com/hbc.html.
Now look here: Numbered Signed Limited Edition: 50US, Lettered Leatherbound/Traycased (Signed):100US.
Compare to Kickstarter prices (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/195826489/the-hogben-chronicles-of-henry-kuttner)
Numbered Signed Limited Edition: 125US, Lettered Leatherbound/Traycased (Signed):300US.
While Kickstarter editions include additional perks, they hardly justify 150%-200% difference in price.

Is this not the great way to discorage people from participating in Kickstarter projects?
Or it's just me being cheap talking... Not sure.

A few of us who bought it via Kickstarter have already voiced our concerns to Borderlands Press. I will not post my conversations, but I will not participate in one of their Kickstarters again.

Lookwhoitis
12-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Why is the SubPress Graveyard Book so hard to find and why is it so expensive?

What is a "good price" to spend for the book to get a deal (but still have the offer accepted).

Does anyone have a copy for sale?

ELazansky
12-16-2013, 04:12 AM

What is a "good price" to spend for the book to get a deal (but still have the offer accepted).

Not sure really why it is so hard to find. It is a nice book, but nothing like the Hill House editions. The issue price was $250 and after a while I was able to hunt one down for $300. I'd say 300-400 is fair, but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

Comrade Alex
12-16-2013, 06:46 AM
I found 2 bookstores selling Graveyard Book for 500$ (at this price for at least for a year). http://www.nightfallbooks.com/catalog/graveyardbook.html
and http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-graveyard-book
A few PC copies were sold around 400-450 on ebay. I got mine from a member of this forum for less than 400.
There was no Hill House edition of the Graveyard Book - http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.com/books/graveyardbook.html, so its difficult to use HH as a point of reference.

ELazansky
12-16-2013, 06:52 AM
I found 2 bookstores selling Graveyard Book for 500$ (at this price for at least for a year). http://www.nightfallbooks.com/catalog/graveyardbook.html
and http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-graveyard-book
A few PC copies were sold around 400-450 on ebay. I got mine from a member of this forum for less than 400.
There was no Hill House edition of the Graveyard Book - http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.com/books/graveyardbook.html, so its difficult to use HH as a point of reference.

I am aware that there is no HH edition of The Graveyard Book. But the HH editions should always demand more money than a Sub press book due to their quality.

Comrade Alex
12-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Hey Eric,

Did not mean to imply that you are incompetent . If it came across this way - I'm sorry.
On a off-topic : do you have any idea why HH went under? From what I heard they offered life-time
Subscription for all NG s/l - I can imaging a lot of collectors who bough in were quite disappointed...

ELazansky
12-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Hey Eric,

Did not mean to imply that you are incompetent . If it came across this way - I'm sorry.
On a off-topic : do you have any idea why HH went under? From what I heard they offered life-time
Subscription for all NG s/l - I can imaging a lot of collectors who bough in were quite disappointed...

My apologies as well. Didn't mean for it to come off like that.

As for Hill House, I don't know any of the details behind them going under. I am sure it is like many of the other small presses - they just didn't make enough profit to succeed.

cit74
12-16-2013, 09:33 AM
i think they just failed - spent too much in their production, took way too long to put the books out and they fizzled. I think it was anansi boys - their last book that there were a bunch of unnumbered copies - and I think Dagmara had a bunch in her possession that she made available through other retailers like sub press - and these were not numbered and not PC - that is one of the copies that I own

Booknutt
12-16-2013, 09:38 AM
From what I got from the owner several years back when I talked to him. Anansi Boys and Dagmara sank them. Details are dimmer in my head now. But something with Dagmara insisting that a specific overseas printer be used, ending up in really high costs to get the books back to the US.

Lookwhoitis
12-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Not sure really why it is so hard to find. It is a nice book, but nothing like the Hill House editions. The issue price was $250 and after a while I was able to hunt one down for $300. I'd say 300-400 is fair, but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

I'd buy one at $300 right now, lol. Cant find one at that nice a price (yet). 'Ive seen a couple offered at $500, but thats too rich for my blood, nice production notwithstanding

swintek
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM

I'd buy one at $300 right now, lol. Cant find one at that nice a price (yet). 'Ive seen a couple offered at $500, but thats too rich for my blood, nice production notwithstanding

The high price on the secondary market might be because it's probably among his most popular 2 or 3 books. It certainly cuts a wide demographic with its audience (it's my 14 year old daughter's absolute favorite, and she's read everything. Twice). But, I'm with you- it still doesn't seem like it should be that much. You can still get an Hill House American gods for around the issue price of $200 (last time I looked), and that is his most popular book- and in an even prettier edition than Subpress' GB. By far, imo. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why it never wowed me- but it just doesn't. I want to like it. Hell, I paid $250, in advance, and it sounded good. The materials are nice enough and it's laid out well...but, I don't know.. it just feels like one of those mass produced "gift" editions that big chain bookstores produce, like a "Special Collector's Edition" of Twilight, or something, lol. And I may be in the minority- but I know I'm not alone. I've heard others on this board say the same thing. What's the Dom Deluise line from Mel Brooks' History of the World?: "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling...but nice", lol. That about sums it up for me.

Lookwhoitis
12-17-2013, 12:36 PM
You can still get an Hill House American gods for around the issue price of $200 (last time I looked)

I'm hunting one of these as well and will pay $200 for one all day long, lol. I do want one that comes with the Readers Edition.

ELazansky
12-17-2013, 12:37 PM
You can still get an Hill House American gods for around the issue price of $200 (last time I looked)

I'm hunting one of these as well and will pay $200 for one all day long, lol. I do want one that comes with the Readers Edition.

I would like to see a listing of a numbered American Gods with the matching numbered Reader's Edition for $200...

I see a copy w/o the Reader's Edition for $250 on AbeBooks and a separate Reader's Copy for 133.46 - cheapest matched combined listing on eBay right now is $580

Lookwhoitis
12-17-2013, 12:56 PM

I would like to see a listing of a numbered American Gods with the matching numbered Reader's Edition for $200...

I see a copy w/o the Reader's Edition for $250 on AbeBooks and a separate Reader's Copy for 133.46 - cheapest matched combined listing on eBay right now is $580

That's why i was asking santy claus to send me a $200 American Gods down the chimney! :lol:

Comrade Alex
12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
I had to settle for Easton Press s/l of American Gods for 100$. Still available at publisher - here is leather bound reading copy :)

swintek
12-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok guys, not at the moment- but, there seemed to be a glut awhile back. I saw a ton on eBay around that price last year. I know, because I had one to unload and kept checking and wondering why they weren't really going for much more than $200. If at all. A) I wanted more than that for mine, and, b) I think the book should go for more than that, just in general. It's too nice, rare, and great. I've always felt the same way about the Charnel House edition of Garton's The New Neighbor. Gorgeous, super rare edition of a great book- that still often goes for less than the issue price of $150. :confused:

By the way, I think the "glut" had to do with all those copies showing up out of nowhere at Subterranean and Dreamhaven. They were all being sold at $200.

cit74
12-17-2013, 03:51 PM

That's why i was asking santy claus to send me a $200 American Gods down the chimney! :lol:

Simon has a copy up for sale on ebay - I only know cause I sent my second set his way - in a trade for some other books a few months ago

ELazansky
12-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Just arrived today - only 80 numbered copies signed by over 50 authors:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/MisterOctober_zps823c5a53.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/MisterOctober-LimPage_zps75f5d31a.jpg

cit74
12-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Very nice - pretty low print run - although they did not advertise it that much - to raise more money for Rick's wee. Still very nice

cit74
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM
If you have not donated to world builders yet - now is the time. Pat added some incredible signed gaiman items - just in the past few days. He put in an entire Absolute Sandman set - each one signed, plus almost another dozen signed gaiman books. And this one is up for auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duran-Duran-First-Four-Years-Fab-Five-1984-signed-Neil-Gaiman-/181308495388

signed copy of duran duran - i am sure this will go for a pretty penny. If only I could buy booknutts copy :)

and a screen play is already up over $500 - i bet Simon wishes someone would just buy his copy - since it is $200 less than this one so far…but all in the name of charity.

Here is the link to his blog as well as the world builders donation links

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com

Booknutt
01-25-2014, 06:05 AM
If only I could buy booknutts copy :)
http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com

Not happening. ;)
Besides, it's not in the greatest shape.

cit74
01-25-2014, 06:44 AM
so what would you guess the copy on ebay will eventually go for? 8 days left and it is already over $500 - I think most of the high end gaiman books on world builders end up going for close to $2000. and since a book is involved its not really a "tax deductible" donation that you can write off per se. So I won't be trying to add this one to my collection.

cit74
01-25-2014, 06:56 AM
okay a screen play is already up over $900 with at least 4 unique bidders. Can someone explain this to me? Is it because it is world builders and for charity? or is it because some of these people that bid only come out for world builders items? since many have ebay numbers below 100. or is it in Pat's description where he mentions that many gaiman collectors consider this the holy grail? i mean simons is 1/3 the price and no watchers - except me now since i am curious to see if someone from the other auction will take this when it ends in 1 day. I mean there are still over 8 days left and it is nearly $1000.

honestly i think these people are obviously very wealthy and only come out to bid on these items and do not cross check to see what else is available - although simon's pictures are crap and the book looks green - which it is not since it is the copy that i traded him a few months back.

on a side note i am getting all excited to meet Pat this weekend - going to see him at wOOtstock in the city on Sunday and then at a reading/signing on Monday - have a bakers dozen of books for him to sign and going to offer one of my Name of the wind copies to him for world builders, plus a bottle of wine for him too.

WeDealInLead
01-25-2014, 01:07 PM
It's a popular charity with items signed by popular writers, some signed specifically for the winner. People overpay for stuff for The Haven Fund already, imagine if Steve King was giving stuff for auction too.

Booknutt
01-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Well it especially sounds/looks like that copy of DD (And some of the other books) might have come out of Gaiman's own collection. It's looks brand new. Certainly came from someone close.

cit74
01-25-2014, 07:06 PM
and actually i think some of them - the same book - come up each year - the winner has been known to add it back to the auctions for the following year. I know that is true of one of the gaiman books.

ELazansky
01-27-2014, 09:04 AM
I think a few years ago, a copy of A Screenplay went for $2000 through this auction. I'm all for charity, but if I paid $2000 for a book, I would not donate it back to be auctioned again.

Booknutt
01-27-2014, 09:28 AM
It's the signed limited slipcased Stardust ARC that keeps getting put back in. Hope I don't win that since I'd want to keep it.

cit74
01-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I hear you on that.

WeDealInLead
01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Gaiman has a brand new story in an anthology honouring Gene Wolfe. Here's the link in case you need your Gaiman fix pronto and don't feel like waiting until his next collection:
http://www.amazon.ca/Shadows-New-Sun-Stories-Honor-ebook/dp/B00CQY7V3W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391021255&sr=8-1&keywords=gene+wolfe+neil+gaiman

cit74
01-30-2014, 07:29 PM
It's the signed limited slipcased Stardust ARC that keeps getting put back in. Hope I don't win that since I'd want to keep it.

Very good memory. Here is a link to his Jan 6th blog - detailed the stardust saga:
http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2014/01/a-cold-day-a-warm-fuzzy-and-a-familiar-book/

In case you want to read it. Also world builders went over $500k today and that means the $500K stretch goal was met - Neil Gaiman reading Green Eggs and Ham - i will put up a link once i see it - or someone else finds it first.
Now I won't have to worry about returning the Stardust ARC if I am so lucky in the drawing…there was one up on Ebay that ended today - I'll have pics of my new P&J next week :)

Patrick
01-30-2014, 11:41 PM
I received my S/L of MISTER OCTOBER today. #34.

cit74
01-31-2014, 05:01 AM

It's a really nice collection

Patrick
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM

It's a really nice collection
Looks like it. And what a great way for all these authors and artists and publishers to come together for a worthy cause. That makes it all the more special.

cit74
01-31-2014, 05:11 PM
Heres the link to Gaiman reading green eggs and ham:

http://www.worldbuilders.org/our-next-stretch-goal-unlocks-at/neil-gaiman-reads-green-eggs-and-ham

cit74
02-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Sub Press news about Smoke and Mirrors:

This is indeed a momentous day. Neil Gaiman's collection Smoke and Mirrors has been sent to the printer. Dave McKean is unquestionably at the top of his considerable powers in the illustrations contained therein. Smoke and Mirrors has been a very long time coming. Our thanks to everyone for their patience and support.

The book is listed as sold out, but we are very likely to have 20 or so copies left available for sale once we're done with the initial shipping, which is about 2-3 months off. We're most likely to post the extra copies to the book's product page, and, if necessary, make an announcement in our newsletter. No need to start checking now, but you might want to keep an eye out once we announce the book is shipping.

Might be getting this sometime this spring and more copies available...

ELazansky
02-03-2014, 07:32 AM
It's about time - I have this ordered from Camelot, so I'll have to wait on them getting it first.

cit74
02-03-2014, 07:40 AM
i can't remember if mine is at CD or camelot - prince of stories is at one and smoke and mirrors at another

ELazansky
02-03-2014, 07:54 AM
i can't remember if mine is at CD or camelot - prince of stories is at one and smoke and mirrors at another

I have Prince of Stories preordered at CD, along with their Smoke and Mirrors. Very confusing having two books titles the same.

cit74
02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
very true - i forgot about the second smoke and mirrors in the waiting…time to make a better spreadsheet

swintek
02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Trying to remember which one I've been waiting for longer: Prince of Stories from CD, or Smoke & Mirrors from Subpress. I think Prince of Stories. Both, it seems, have been severely held up by their respective illustrators- Mckean with Smoke & Mirrors & Steve Bissette with Prince of Stories. Although we're all used to CD taking YEARS to get certain books out (and, indeed- Bissette has always had a reputation for being late)- this is a bit of anomaly for Subpress (and, Mckean!).

Patrick
02-04-2014, 10:30 PM
I have both SMOKE AND MIRRORS books on order. One from the publisher (Sub Press), one from Horror Mall (Cemetery Dance). Both ordered so many years ago that I keep forgetting about them altogether.

cit74
02-04-2014, 11:49 PM
I just checked the cd update page and their smoke and mirrors is listed as headed to the printers and will be out in April - what are the chances that we get both books a few weeks from each other?
Smoke and Mirrors edited by Richard Chizmar:
This book is headed to the printer next month and will be published in April 2014.

Also there was an update on prince of stories:

Prince of Stories: The Many Worlds of Neil Gaiman by Hank Wagner, Christopher Golden, and Stephen R. Bissette:
We have great news for the collectors who have been patiently waiting for this title! Stephen R. Bissette has turned into the special bonus artwork section that is exclusive to our edition. Due to his busy schedule, he won't be able to contribute a cover painting to the book, but after talking to the authors, we've hired Cemetery Dance favorite Tomislav Tikulin to dream up something amazing for the cover and he should have the artwork to us by the spring so the book can be published this fall. Thank you for your patience!

cit74
02-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Looks like he'll be in the states for two readings at the end of June:

The tickets to the Barbican TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS events on July 4th and 5th are selling faster than anyone expected. If you don't have a ticket yet, and are planning to come, you might want to buy your ticket sooner than later: http://www.serious.org.uk/events/series/neilgaiman.

(And yes, yesterday's hint was real. FourPlay and Eddie and I will be performing it in San Francisco and New York in the week before the UK event. Details to come as soon as I'm allowed to announce them.)

You'd think with the event a few months away they'd have tickets up soon - but I guess they're trying to get a venue now - I know I'll plan on going to the SF reading

cit74
02-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Here's the amazon link to the book release - originally in stories. I'm sure they'll have these at the readings and some foyles signed copies like the milk all over again:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Truth-Cave-Black-Mountains/dp/006228214X/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=JK2TKRAMCFZ6&coliid=I2T7FCPO97MA26

Patrick
02-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the updates, Chad. If this all pans out, I look forward to see you in SF!

cit74
02-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Looks like he'll be releasing a series of Chu's day books - the next due out in June and the 3rd is in the works:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0062223976?tag=ws_1178-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=0062223976&adid=1VV3H41T3EQ8X0C9WBQ1

cit74
02-08-2014, 04:42 PM
A new P&J - this one was up in an auction last week - sorry if anyone else here was bidding. The Slipcase has some ink splotches (as does my other one) I am not going to attempt to remove it:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2735_zpsa11ae64b.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2735_zpsa11ae64b.jpg.html)

a little different than the regular slipcased - there were 1000 total with slipcase and of those only 250 signed - this is one of the last s/l needed for me:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2736_zpsa0c2dd02.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2736_zpsa0c2dd02.jpg.html)

cit74
02-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Front and Back:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2737_zps025dbbe9.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2737_zps025dbbe9.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2747_zps93b0a07a.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2747_zps93b0a07a.jpg.html)

cit74
02-08-2014, 04:45 PM
And now the inside:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2738_zps364e0730.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2738_zps364e0730.jpg.html)

which has the limitation page - unlike this one:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2740_zpse4469b9a.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2740_zpse4469b9a.jpg.html)

But now I can read the other ARC - since it is reportedly different from the final copy - it has a lot more British sayings and Gaiman converted the text to make it more americanized

cit74
02-08-2014, 04:47 PM
So I was about to put it away on the shelf not to be read…and I see some paper in the inside of the book - these were the actual sheets sent to reviewers from Gaimans publicist - too bad they were not signed by gaiman - but still pretty cool. Here they are.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2741_zpsce027988.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2741_zpsce027988.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2742_zpsd369adae.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2742_zpsd369adae.jpg.html)

okay this is blurry but you can see who it was made out to:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2746_zps68c1725a.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2746_zps68c1725a.jpg.html)

cit74
02-08-2014, 04:48 PM
and the second sheet - you notice they mention a quote from a certain S. King as well:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2743_zps78b81491.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2743_zps78b81491.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2744_zps564dbb57.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2744_zps564dbb57.jpg.html)

jhanic
02-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I just love these type of inserts! Congratulations!

John

cit74
02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Some of you might be aware of the neverwear site - but I was not - so i will add a link:

http://neverwear.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&sort=20a&page=3

Interestingly I have seen many Gaiman prints on eBay - mainly signed ones in charity auctions that get more than even I am willing to pay. But yesterday, I am not sure why, I had read an old Gaiman blog and he had mentioned Cat Mihos - and I checked out her site. Some really cool prints - signed and unsigned. I think this is the only place to get the signed prints at a decent price - all limited runs - but not all signed. My two favorites are the Roman Dirge - Lenore print (I really like his books - and Neil wrote an intro to one) and the Day the saucers came. If you have never read or heard neil read that one - check it out. Click on the print and enlarge it - well worth the minute it'll take to read. Those two reminded me of my kids - the latter of my daughter. So if you are on the fence - mine will be arriving soon and I can post pics and tell you how nice they look.

ELazansky
02-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Some of you might be aware of the neverwear site - but I was not - so i will add a link:

http://neverwear.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&sort=20a&page=3

Interestingly I have seen many Gaiman prints on eBay - mainly signed ones in charity auctions that get more than even I am willing to pay. But yesterday, I am not sure why, I had read an old Gaiman blog and he had mentioned Cat Mihos - and I checked out her site. Some really cool prints - signed and unsigned. I think this is the only place to get the signed prints at a decent price - all limited runs - but not all signed. My two favorites are the Roman Dirge - Lenore print (I really like his books - and Neil wrote an intro to one) and the Day the saucers came. If you have never read or heard neil read that one - check it out. Click on the print and enlarge it - well worth the minute it'll take to read. Those two reminded me of my kids - the latter of my daughter. So if you are on the fence - mine will be arriving soon and I can post pics and tell you how nice they look.

Todd Klein also has done some Gaiman prints in the past - http://kleinletters.com/BuyStuffTop.html

Patrick
02-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Congrats on the cool signed ARC, Chad!

Glad to see Chu making a reappearance. My 4-year old loves that bear.

becca69
02-11-2014, 08:31 AM
http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-hogben-chronicles

http://borderlandspress.com/hbc.html

The Hogben Chronicles by Henry Kutner
To be Published by Borderlands

Borderlands Press is honored to present this very special volume of stories by one of the great SF and Fantasy writers of the Golden Age. His work deserves to be discovered by a new generation of readers - especially his tales of the strangest family you will ever meet - the Hogbens.

Neil Gaiman loves these Kuttner stories so much, he credits their inspiration for some of his most memorable works, and jumped at the chance to write his charming Introduction to this book. Edited by Pierce Watters and F. Paul Wilson, this book is a labor of love that belongs on your bookshelf.

Many of the 20th century''s most accomplished fantasists credit Kuttner as their inspiration. Bradbury dedicated his first collection (the classic and ultra-rare Dark Carnival) to Henry Kuttner. Richard Matheson (The Incredible Shrinking Man) dedicated his novel, I Am Legend to Kuttner. William Burroughs quoted Kuttner in his novel The Ticket That Exploded. Roger Zelazny readily admitted that his Amber series would have never happened without Kuttner's The Dark World. His work has been adapted into some memorable films: "The Graveyard Rats" in Trilogy of Terror II / "Mimsy were the Borogoves" as The Last Mimzy / "The Twonky" as The Twonky (starring Hans Conried) /"Vintage Season" as Timescape. He was also a friend of H. P. Lovecraft and contributed stories to the Cthulhu Mythos.
Limited Numbered Edition of 500 and SIGNED by Pierce Watters, F. Paul Wilson, and Neil Gaiman.

ELazansky
02-11-2014, 08:42 AM
http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-hogben-chronicles

http://borderlandspress.com/hbc.html

The Hogben Chronicles by Henry Kutner
To be Published by Borderlands

Borderlands Press is honored to present this very special volume of stories by one of the great SF and Fantasy writers of the Golden Age. His work deserves to be discovered by a new generation of readers - especially his tales of the strangest family you will ever meet - the Hogbens.

Neil Gaiman loves these Kuttner stories so much, he credits their inspiration for some of his most memorable works, and jumped at the chance to write his charming Introduction to this book. Edited by Pierce Watters and F. Paul Wilson, this book is a labor of love that belongs on your bookshelf.

Many of the 20th century''s most accomplished fantasists credit Kuttner as their inspiration. Bradbury dedicated his first collection (the classic and ultra-rare Dark Carnival) to Henry Kuttner. Richard Matheson (The Incredible Shrinking Man) dedicated his novel, I Am Legend to Kuttner. William Burroughs quoted Kuttner in his novel The Ticket That Exploded. Roger Zelazny readily admitted that his Amber series would have never happened without Kuttner's The Dark World. His work has been adapted into some memorable films: "The Graveyard Rats" in Trilogy of Terror II / "Mimsy were the Borogoves" as The Last Mimzy / "The Twonky" as The Twonky (starring Hans Conried) /"Vintage Season" as Timescape. He was also a friend of H. P. Lovecraft and contributed stories to the Cthulhu Mythos.
Limited Numbered Edition of 500 and SIGNED by Pierce Watters, F. Paul Wilson, and Neil Gaiman.

Don't get Chad and I started on this book...

becca69
02-11-2014, 09:03 AM
I guess I don't want to know. I just saw it and posted it....

ELazansky
02-11-2014, 09:09 AM

It is a good buy for $50, which is far less than the Kickstarter price of $125 that we paid for it.

becca69
02-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Ahhhh, I see.

cit74
02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
oh i needed a good laugh…an angry good laugh. especially after a day of simulation training and playing Mr. Mom (and dad).

Patrick
02-18-2014, 10:35 AM

It is a good buy for $50, which is far less than the Kickstarter price of $125 that we paid for it.
Add me to the list of people kicking themselves for Kickstarter-ing this one.

mistercrowley
02-18-2014, 12:31 PM
What was the explanation as to why they did that? I refuse to ever use kickstarter

ELazansky
02-18-2014, 01:32 PM
What was the explanation as to why they did that? I refuse to ever use kickstarter

Here is how it was kind of explained to me. The reasoning was that if you were buying it on Kickstarter, it was because you wanted the project to succeed. They could not have produced the book if they did the Kickstarter at $50. By doing it at $125, that helped to make sure they had enough funds to produce the whole run, even if it didn't sell out. Any unsold books were then sold at the regular retail price.

I've paid for a few Kickstarters and have been generally pleased. This one kind of rubbed me the wrong way. When you make a donation to PBS during their fund raiser, you may give $100 and they send you a $20 DVD as a token of gratitude. You know the DVD is not worth the $100, but you don't care, since the donation is what is important. I don't see Kickstarter that way. I want the value for my "contribution". If the book is going to retail for $50, then the Kickstarter should be $50.

becca69
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM

Here is how it was kind of explained to me. The reasoning was that if you were buying it on Kickstarter, it was because you wanted the project to succeed. They could not have produced the book if they did the Kickstarter at $50. By doing it at $125, that helped to make sure they had enough funds to produce the whole run, even if it didn't sell out. Any unsold books were then sold at the regular retail price.

I've paid for a few Kickstarters and have been generally pleased. This one kind of rubbed me the wrong way. When you make a donation to PBS during their fund raiser, you may give $100 and they send you a $20 DVD as a token of gratitude. You know the DVD is not worth the $100, but you don't care, since the donation is what is important. I don't see Kickstarter that way. I want the value for my "contribution". If the book is going to retail for $50, then the Kickstarter should be $50.

What I've seen a lot of Kickstarter projects do is to add incentives to the donations. You might get the same $50 book as everyone else, but for your $100 you also get some exclusive with it, like a remarque or signed print or something. That's probably what should have been done here.

ELazansky
02-18-2014, 04:31 PM

What I've seen a lot of Kickstarter projects do is to add incentives to the donations. You might get the same $50 book as everyone else, but for your $100 you also get some exclusive with it, like a remarque or signed print or something. That's probably what should have been done here.

I got a poster that was creased and a few mini art prints. Nothing signed, and certainly nothing to justify the extra $75 bucks I paid.

cit74
02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
just to change subjects…ggrrr…but the Gaiman upcoming Truth is in a Cave readings/event went on sale today. There are only 2 US dates - June 25th in SF at the Warfield (all tix $40) and on the 27th at Carnegie Hall. Looks like a fun event and evening. I know Patrick, RF and I will be imbibing prior and after the event in the city.

This is the SF link - i have no idea about the NY link.
http://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/events/search?q=gaiman

the orchestra/lower level is already sold out. Only seats in the balcony left. Should be fun - our 8 together are in row F - down in front baby.

okay i lied - here is the NY ticket info:
https://www.carnegiehall.org/SiteCode/Purchase/SeatSelectionPerformance.aspx?startWorkflow=true&quickBuy=false&quantity=1&eventId=22567

they are a lot more expensive than the SF show - and of course there are a ton left - you can still get 8 in row b for $135 a pop - more than what i paid for my 3 seats (okay a little less - forgot the surcharge) - still they have floor seats avail and the SF show has none left.

Patrick
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
The SF performance is going to be great. I am really looking forward to seeing/hearing Gaiman and reconnecting with good friends.

cit74
02-21-2014, 05:05 PM
ANd this one I saw through a charity auction last year - well one similar. The seller had a few copies in his auction photos - and he was only selling one of these each year for a charity auction. I had contacted him through ebay and just bought one of the remaining copies.

Fortunately I have another copy and that DJ is fine:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2801_zps3e12738f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2801_zps3e12738f.jpg.html)

The Gaiman sig is on a bookplate - the only one:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2802_zpsadf5b8f6.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2802_zpsadf5b8f6.jpg.html)

I really liked Jill Thompsons Sandman art in this:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2803_zps751d204b.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2803_zps751d204b.jpg.html)

And you cannot beat a full page McKean remarque:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2804_zps1827eaef.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2804_zps1827eaef.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2806_zpsaf5fcda4.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2806_zpsaf5fcda4.jpg.html)

And if you were not sure who signed - pretty much everyone involved in the Sandman art:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_2810_zps20869563.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_2810_zps20869563.jpg.html)

Patrick
02-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I WANT ONE!!!

cit74
02-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Well this one isn't signed - but you can find it on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sandman-Dreams-Alisa-Kwitney/dp/0811835928/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393043789&sr=8-1&keywords=sandman+king+of+dreams

a pretty cool art/history of sandman book. If anyone wants to see the inside or a chapter list just ask and I can post some or give more info.

cit74
02-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Im not sure if this link will work - but here is the copy that went for charity auction the end of last year -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SANDMAN-SIGNED-NEIL-GAIMAN-DAVE-MCKEAN-SKETCH-GEORGE-PRATT-SAM-KIETH-/111215950188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e4fcb96c&nma=true&si=GT0VY8aairjxm9hI4hPBtLCj5lM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

swintek
02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
That is a great Sandman book made supremely cool by all those hard to get signatures. Very nice!

fearless-freak
02-23-2014, 11:11 AM
question, i've heard that Neil Gaiman is considering a sequel to American Gods is this true?

ELazansky
02-23-2014, 12:16 PM
question, i've heard that Neil Gaiman is considering a sequel to American Gods is this true?

This is from an article from a few years ago:

"Author Neil Gaiman hopes to write a sequel to his novel, American Gods. According to an interview with MTV News , the novelist has a “boxful of stuff” he would include in the sequel.

Gaiman explained : 'The first book was very much about the grifters and the lowlifes, and you don’t really get to see much of the new gods and you don’t really get a sense of those gods who are doing incredibly well in America. In the second book, I definitely want to go into both of those things.'”

Comrade Alex
03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Fearie Tales [deluxe signed traycase] Edited by Steve Jones
224 GPB
PRINT RUN 200 signed by the contributors
http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/fearie-tales-deluxe-signed-traycase-edited-by-steve-jones-2076-p.asp
CONTENTS

Introduction: Don’t Scare the Children — Stephen Jones

The Wilful Child

Find My Name — Ramsey Campbell
The Singing Bone
Down to a Sunless Sea — Neil Gaiman

Rapunzel

Open Your Window, Golden Hair — Tanith Lee
The Hare’s Bride
Crossing the Line — Garth Nix
Hansel and Gretel
Peckish — Robert Shearman

The Three Little Men in the Wood

Look Inside — Michael Marshall Smith
The Story of a Youth Who Went Forth to Learn What Fear Was
Fräulein Fearnot — Markus Heitz

Cinderella

The Ash-Boy — Christopher Fowler

The Elves #1

The Changeling — Brian Lumley

The Nixie of the Mill-Pond

The Silken Drum — Reggie Oliver

The Robber Bridegroom

By the Weeping Gate — Angela Slatter

Fräu Trude

Anything to Me is Sweeter, Than to Cross Shock-headed Peter — Brian Hodge

The Elves #2

The Artemis Line — Peter Crowther

The Old Woman in the Wood

The Silken People — Joanne Harris

Rumpelstiltskin

Come Unto Me — John Ajvide Lindqvist

The Shroud

Comrade Alex
03-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Okay, is your interest piqued? ..[PS] making all pre-orders postage-free and allowing a 10% pre-order discount. So instead of the regular price of £249 ($399) plus postage, the all-in amount to pay is £224 ($359).

mistercrowley
03-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Considering how poor the production quality of A Carnivale of Horrors was I think I'll pass.

ELazansky
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Okay, is your interest piqued? ..[PS] making all pre-orders postage-free and allowing a 10% pre-order discount. So instead of the regular price of £249 ($399) plus postage, the all-in amount to pay is £224 ($359).

No interest at all. Too much for me to spend just to get a Gaiman signature. I would rather spend that money on the super deluxe Ocean that I passed on.

mistercrowley
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
It was a beautiful book. I sold mine though. Just didn't like the story itself all that much

BrighterDeathNow
03-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Hello all! :)

New member here, although I was a member of its earlier self maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I still recognize a few of the names. Wizardsrainbow, jhanic, and Randall Flagg to name a few. Had to part with my collection quite awhile back ( I think I may have actually sold my Lettered American Gods to someone who frequents here) and just yesterday got my first book to start my new collection.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/fajenr/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps54241b3e.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/fajenr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps54241b3e.jpg.html)

Sorry, don't know why the pic is so big.

I know it's not much. Not much at all, really. But it's my new start. After I pick up two more of those (yes, I collect in triplicate), I'd like to hunt down the S/L Angels and Visitations. I used to have 6 of them. 3 #'d and 3 Lettered but I can't find a single one for sale anywhere now.

cit74
03-14-2014, 08:12 PM

No interest at all. Too much for me to spend just to get a Gaiman signature. I would rather spend that money on the super deluxe Ocean that I passed on.

i don't even see any that have sold on ebay recently - so it looks like those that have them are just holding on to them. And yes i agree with your sentiments (I always have to run things by you to ground me back into reality - my wallet thanks you).

cit74
03-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Hello all! :)

New member here, although I was a member of its earlier self maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I still recognize a few of the names. Wizardsrainbow, jhanic, and Randall Flagg to name a few. Had to part with my collection quite awhile back ( I think I may have actually sold my Lettered American Gods to someone who frequents here) and just yesterday got my first book to start my new collection.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/fajenr/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps54241b3e.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/fajenr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps54241b3e.jpg.html)

Sorry, don't know why the pic is so big.

I know it's not much. Not much at all, really. But it's my new start. After I pick up two more of those (yes, I collect in triplicate), I'd like to hunt down the S/L Angels and Visitations. I used to have 6 of them. 3 #'d and 3 Lettered but I can't find a single one for sale anywhere now.

Sorry to hear that you had to part with such an amazing collection - but its good news that you are able to start again. I've only seen a numbered angels and visitations up over the past year - not much more than that

BrighterDeathNow
03-23-2014, 09:12 AM
If I didn't already have my eye on a couple other things......

Maybe some of you might be interested!:biggrin:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261431344265?nav=SEARCH

fearless-freak
03-23-2014, 09:18 AM
question, where should i start with reading Gaiman's work plus has anyone else heard any new news about the american gods tv series?

WeDealInLead
03-23-2014, 09:25 AM
I'd start with Neverwhere or American Gods.

Patrick
04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Welcome, BDN!

Fearless, I agree with WDIL. Those are both good places to start.

becca69
04-02-2014, 06:12 AM
I found a Graveyard Book ARC last weekend at Half Price Books!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Book%20Collections/2C305E31-B95F-4148-8B2E-7AD03EC6E788.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/Book%20Collections/2C305E31-B95F-4148-8B2E-7AD03EC6E788.jpg.html)

ELazansky
04-02-2014, 07:11 AM
This is a great price for this book - if you don't have it, someone should jump on it - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Book-Rebels-Hardcover-Signed-Eisner-Gaiman-Miller-Moore-Sim-NM-/251493576438?pt=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item3a8e2f6ef6

WeDealInLead
04-10-2014, 03:28 PM
This is proof how huge Gaiman really is:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/118511-dc-statue-sandman-overture-limited-edition-patina/

Look at that price. That is a statue for a comic book that at this time has a single issue out. The second issue is months behind.

somekindofstranger
04-11-2014, 02:34 AM
I am in the UK and got the second issue of Overture a few weeks ago.

somekindofstranger
04-11-2014, 02:36 AM
and hello all. I actually stumbled across this site whilst looking for a Gaiman forum. I am a small time collecter from the UK. I have a decent set of signed editions and a few limited books - nothing as extravagant as the Hill House editions, although I do have the new Subterranean Press version of Smoke and Mirrors on order.

ELazansky
04-11-2014, 02:38 AM
and hello all. I actually stumbled across this site whilst looking for a Gaiman forum. I am a small time collecter from the UK. I have a decent set of signed editions and a few limited books - nothing as extravagant as the Hill House editions, although I do have the new Subterranean Press version of Smoke and Mirrors on order.

Welcome to our little corner of the site!

WeDealInLead
04-11-2014, 04:19 PM

It came out on March 26 so you've had it for two weeks max. Issue one was October 30th.

Anyway, that's not the point I was trying to make...

cit74
04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I just started listening the the recent bbc live broadcast of neverwhere. It's great - I missed the original broadcast - well here in the US it was nearly impossible to listen to all of the episodes. If you have a chance to pick it up - it's great - I'm only partway through the second (2/4) disc though.

http://www.amazon.com/Neverwhere/dp/B00ELIKX9K

But double check - mist reviews are for the unabridged text read by gaiman - I would get the play read by the entire cast - gaiman does have a few roles though

Scoogs
04-13-2014, 10:08 AM
Did anyone order the 8 RULES FOR WRITING poster from Biting Dog last week?

ELazansky
04-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Did anyone order the 8 RULES FOR WRITING poster from Biting Dog last week?

If you are talking about the $25 poster for Kayla Dinsmore's trip from GoFundMe, then yes I did - she was selling copies signed by Neil and artist Keith Minnion

Scoogs
04-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Yes, that's the one.
Biting Dog sent out a newsletter saying they are doing an edition of 500, but they are all going to dealers except for the 50 or so available through the GoFundMe listing.

cit74
04-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I got one as well - looks like she added some other signed items - rhyme maiden folio/prints, and some broadside prints and posters of 8 rules of writing

cit74
04-16-2014, 05:33 PM
FYI - the paperback of ocean is out soon and you can get signed copies here:

http://www.rjjulia.com/event/neil-gaiman-ocean-end-lane

I have enough HC signed copies already…

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Love that this forum has a Neil section! I love Neil Gaiman. I believe I have more collectible Neil books than any other. Nothing signed/limited but I have a few numbered ARCs and a handfull of 1st/1st signed.

Lookwhoitis
04-16-2014, 06:51 PM
My Gaiman Wish List:

American Gods S/N LE (Hill House) + Reader's Copy
Graveyard Book S/N LE (Sub Press)
Coraline Diamond Book Market Edition 1/177 S/N

I think I am gonna have to wish pretty hard for those!

cit74
04-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Read this in Neil's journal today:
There aren't any more events in New York this year that there are tickets for, except for THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS at Carnegie Hall. (At which I think I will also do the first reading of the whole of Hansel and Gretel as well.) Lots of people are asking if there will be a signing there... and I'm definitely considering it. The Ocean at the End of the Lane will have just come out in paperback, and The Truth is a Cave In The Black Mountains graphic novel will just have come out.... It's definitely possible.

Sounds like he's considering a signing - maybe he will sign at the SF event in June...if so I think we have two extra tickets and I have 4 for my family.

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Id consider flying to SF for another signing! He was in Phoenix but could only sign one non Ocean's copy. I would love to get my 1st/1st American Gods signed and My Anansi Boys ARC.

somekindofstranger
04-17-2014, 01:08 AM

It came out on March 26 so you've had it for two weeks max. Issue one was October 30th.

Anyway, that's not the point I was trying to make...

Sorry, I wasnt trying to be clever, but from your original post it wasn't clear that you knew the 2nd copy was out. Was just trying to be helpful :-)

In regards to the statues, I always wondered about the high prices. I had a couple a few years ago (including a limited edition of Death) which I picked up off ebay but in honesty they didn't really appeal once I had them. I resold them later for pretty much what I had bought them for.

Still, someone must be buying them for them to keep making them.

somekindofstranger
04-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Love that this forum has a Neil section! I love Neil Gaiman. I believe I have more collectible Neil books than any other. Nothing signed/limited but I have a few numbered ARCs and a handfull of 1st/1st signed.

I too have more of Neils books than any other Author.
What ARCs do you have?

somekindofstranger
04-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Read this in Neil's journal today:
There aren't any more events in New York this year that there are tickets for, except for THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS at Carnegie Hall. (At which I think I will also do the first reading of the whole of Hansel and Gretel as well.) Lots of people are asking if there will be a signing there... and I'm definitely considering it. The Ocean at the End of the Lane will have just come out in paperback, and The Truth is a Cave In The Black Mountains graphic novel will just have come out.... It's definitely possible.

Sounds like he's considering a signing - maybe he will sign at the SF event in June...if so I think we have two extra tickets and I have 4 for my family.

Am seeing this in London and would love for there to be a signing. I saw the 'Fortunately The Milk' show last year, which didnt have a signing (although they were selling signed books) and I missed the whole of the Ocean tour over here as I was away at the time. I have plenty of signed books but would love to have at least one signed in person.

somekindofstranger
04-17-2014, 01:17 AM
I picked up the William Morrow edition of Neverwhere this week off ebay (slipcased, S/L). That's a very nice edition.

becca69
04-17-2014, 05:05 AM
This came in an email last night:

The Ocean at the End of the Lane: Available in Paperback June 3rd!

On June 3rd, Neil Gaiman's #1 New York Times bestselling novel, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, will be on sale wherever books are sold.

You can pre-order a paperback edition signed by Neil now, while supplies last, exclusively from the R.J. Julia bookstore.

Neil will also be signing books at R. J. Julia Booksellers in Madison, CT on Tuesday, June 3rd at 4pm, for his only appearance to promote this paperback edition. To learn more about that event, visit R.J. Julia's website. You can also RSVP and invite your friends on Neil's Facebook page.

http://www.rjjulia.com/event/neil-gaiman-ocean-end-lane

avb76
04-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi Eric, which "super deluxe" edition are you referring to? Regards, Anne

ELazansky
04-24-2014, 12:15 PM

Anne,

This one - https://www.headline.co.uk/Articles/Deluxe%20Edition%20The%20Ocean%20At%20the%20End%20 of%20the%20Lane%20Neil%20Gaiman.page

It was only available to UK residents and Headline won't ship it to the US.

cit74
04-24-2014, 01:05 PM
There's a deluxe edition of the hardcover of hansel and gretel due out in oct. I think this is the story Neil did for fearie tales. It's only about $30 regular price so not a signed edition - but I couldn't find anymore info of what made it deluxe compared with the $15 version. But still plenty of time for this.

ELazansky
04-24-2014, 01:15 PM
There's a deluxe edition of the hardcover of hansel and gretel due out in oct. I think this is the story Neil did for fearie tales. It's only about $30 regular price so not a signed edition - but I couldn't find anymore info of what made it deluxe compared with the $15 version. But still plenty of time for this.

Well, if it is the only special edition, then I'm in.

avb76
04-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Anne,

This one - https://www.headline.co.uk/Articles/Deluxe%20Edition%20The%20Ocean%20At%20the%20End%20 of%20the%20Lane%20Neil%20Gaiman.page

It was only available to UK residents and Headline won't ship it to the US.

Ah yes, I managed to get a copy of it through PS Publishing. I wondered if you weren't looking for the - indeed much plainer - limited edition by William Morrow. I have an extra copy of that one, which I would have been happy to part with. Best regards, Anne

cit74
05-03-2014, 04:10 AM
This was just posted on Neil's journal:
The Carnegie Hall night will have special guests. It will be the only place I'm also going to read the whole of the new HANSEL AND GRETEL before it's published. There will be a LOT of signed books there, even if we can't work out a signing (we're trying to but logistics are hard). And it's going to be a night to remember...

I think he's pulling out the stops for the ny show since it's not sold out. I can only hope there will be signed books for the SF show - I imagine there will be. I think we may have 2 extra tickets for the SF show - so PM me if interested. Between Patrick, me, and mr. Flagg - I think there will be at least 8 of us....remember this is only one of the 5 showings of the truth is in a cave, and one of the two in the US. Who knows if he'll be doing this again in the future.

Booknutt
05-03-2014, 12:17 PM
For you California folk, there is an exclusive Neil Gaiman book available today for Idie bookstore day. It's called The Sleeper and the Spindle.

somekindofstranger
05-03-2014, 01:51 PM
The Sleeper and the spindle now on its way to me thanks to a friend in California!

and then I get sent info about it on amazon....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408859645/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1399153447&sr=8-1

ELazansky
05-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Neil's writing too many kid's books lately...

Booknutt
05-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Well it's an older story that was in some anthology or another.

cit74
05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
For you California folk, there is an exclusive Neil Gaiman book available today for Idie bookstore day. It's called The Sleeper and the Spindle.

Thanks for heads up - I've been laying in bed lame from surgery and couldn't make it to any local bookstores. Plus the closest indie store is in napa - about 40 min away. They only got 5 copies in, had sold one. I bought one and if they still have an extra tomorrow they'll send me a second copy - either way should ship out on Monday.

ELazansky
05-03-2014, 06:25 PM
There are people already listing these books for eBay for $150 as a limited edition - I don't see anything in the pictures indicating it as limited. Looks like a regular trade 1/1 to me. Anyone know how many copies were issued? I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of cash for a modern unnumbered, unsigned book.

cit74
05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
This my third attempt - dang iPad. 93 indie stores involved. The one I called only had 5 copies. So if a similar number were sent out - then maybe 500 copies.

cit74
05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
California Bookstore Day is a statewide party on May 3, 2014 as big and varied as the state itself. It’s more than 90 stores in more than 80 zip codes putting their bells on and throwing out the welcome mat. Think Record Store Day, but for book nerds.

Each store will have its own party. The headline attraction are the just-for-us books you cannot get on any other day at any other place (click here to find the celebration closest to you). But there will also be readings, and prizes, and things to eat and drink. In some cases there will be famous authors and artists, and people writing live poetry.

cit74
05-03-2014, 08:49 PM
For UK residents:
http://www.theguardian.com/books/competition/2014/apr/26/neil-gaiman-competition

Enter to win a copy of the uber UK version of the ocean
Only to uk residents…anyone want to enter for me???

cit74
05-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Sleeper and the spindle - so apparently the book could only be sold yesterday - any leftover books from yesterday were to be returned to distributer - at least that's what the one sales associate told me when I called this morning. Another local store I called said they only got in 3 copies and all 3 sold within the hour of opening yesterday. So basically, I think it'll be near impossible to say the true numbers of the book. But probably between 300-500 copies.

Maybe Neil will have a signing of sorts at his upcoming truth in a cave show

Booknutt
05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Suddenly glad I was able to get two. :cool_002:

ELazansky
05-04-2014, 03:27 PM
I ended up buying one for a very reasonable price.

Sometimes I hate being a book collector...I get suckered into buying alomst everything. It is like Pokemon...gotta catch 'em all

cit74
05-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Sometimes I hate being a book collector...I get suckered into buying alomst everything. It is like Pokemon...gotta catch 'em all

Wwwhhyyy???? I just messaged you with the best price around. Eric, why????

cit74
05-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I will know by tomorrow but I'll probably have a few to unload here on the forum - and for much less than you'll find elsewhere. I'll say more once I have them all in hand

ELazansky
05-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Sometimes I hate being a book collector...I get suckered into buying almost everything. It is like Pokemon...gotta catch 'em all

Wwwhhyyy???? I just messaged you with the best price around. Eric, why????

I see that now. I should have come here before I went to eBay. Since you won't for sure if the store is going to sell you those extra copies, I figured I'd roll the dice and just get one for the cheapest price I could find. Oh well, the extra 25 bucks I spent won't kill me. :-)

cit74
05-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Looks like I should have a few extra copies of The Sleeper and the Spindle. So if interested please PM me - cost would be $45 total shipped via media mail in US - Paypal gift. I should have my copies in hand by the end of the week. There might be 4 to 5 extra copies. Whatever does not sell in a week will go up on eBay - so let me know.

The Library Policeman
05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
For UK residents:
http://www.theguardian.com/books/competition/2014/apr/26/neil-gaiman-competition

Enter to win a copy of the uber UK version of the ocean
Only to uk residents…anyone want to enter for me???

I'll enter for you, Chad.

ETA: Just did. Hope I win one for you. :)

cit74
05-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Just started getting in some copies of the Sleeper - tiny little book: If interested in a copy just let me know - $40 (includes priority in US)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3099_zps0684666d.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3099_zps0684666d.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3101_zpsb80cc3f8.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3101_zpsb80cc3f8.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3102_zpsfc642c66.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3102_zpsfc642c66.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3100_zps49a76416.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3100_zps49a76416.jpg.html)

erxbooks
05-07-2014, 06:58 AM
From Subterranean Press

cit74
05-07-2014, 06:59 AM
lettered is already sold out

becca69
05-07-2014, 07:00 AM
I don't think that was supposed to be posted yet :unsure:

cit74
05-07-2014, 07:38 AM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3105_zpsbc9f52f8.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3105_zpsbc9f52f8.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3106_zpsf4f358c6.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3106_zpsf4f358c6.jpg.html)

So wanted people's thoughts. I noticed this little "thread" when I took the pictures yesterday. It is a tiny, glued binding book. Yet on the same page (last physical page before the end boards) in both of the books that I have in hand - there is a little thread - and as seen in the pics - it is obvious. I personally think this was done intentionally, and if so that is pretty neat (although I can convince myself of just about anything…why yes I do need that new signed book). Once I get the other 9 copies in - I can check them as well - but so far 2 out of 2.

ELazansky
05-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I got my copy today and there are no threads in my book.

cit74
05-07-2014, 08:49 AM
I got my copy today and there are no threads in my book.

now you are dispelling my theory :)

ELazansky
05-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Anyone interested in a PC copy of The Hogben Chronicles? - http://borderlandspress.com/shop/available-now/hogben-chronicles-henry-kuttner-signed-numbered-limited-edition/

The numbered edition retails for $50, so I will sell my PC copy for $30 shipped in the US. It is just sitting on my shelf taking up space. Let me know.

cit74
05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
So how high do you think this will go for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251525515981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

new ebay auction from the neurofibromatosis charity - they have doodles up from lots of famous people - this is their annual auction - and they have two gaiman signed items - but this will be the big one - double signed and a drawing by Neil. Over $150 with 9 days left to bid. Too many other things I would like before this - so I won't be bidding. BUt it is a one of a kind item

Sorry - i could not figure out how to add the ebay image directly in the post - so the link will have to do - until someone teaches me

ELazansky
05-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I saw that this morning. Very cool, but probably going to go too high for me. Maybe $500

Booknutt
05-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Yeah I'm thinking 400-600.

cit74
05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
if this is the price is right - and seeing these auctions before - i will say $725

Patrick
05-09-2014, 08:12 PM
That doodle is great! It's going to go for far over what I would bid. Price is over $300 at the moment and destined to rise.

cit74
05-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Maybe I should revise my initial estimate....$999.99, but I think it might go for over 1K - too bad we all would find better price to value for books then go for something like this. I had to delete it from my watch list - don't need any temptations. So I'll have to wait for others to update the craze. Personally I'm just waiting for gaiman to announce he'll sign books at the event in June - then I'd be ecstatic.

Patrick
05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
I will be amazed if it break a grand. It's not even an actual book!

cit74
05-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Just got the rest of the Spindle books in - and it seems like the visible thread is more common than not - at least in my 11 book sample. 8 have the visible thread as shown above. I have 5 more books left in case anyone wants any copies. They are tiny and I will ship them priority (since they will fit nicely in a small mailer.

$40 for one book or $70 for a pair.
I am also putting them up on ebay for $50 so act quickly - not sure how long they will be around.

cit74
05-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Well - now I think that it is safe to post:

If you have not picked up one yet - then you might want to grab it soon - since the regular announcement just went out today - and reportedly only 80 copies left:

George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois' mammoth anthology Rogues has been live on our site for less than a week, and we've already sold 420 of the 500 copy print run. As you'll see, the table of contents is nonpareil, with a header illustration by Ken Laager for each tale. Because the book has sold so quickly, so well, we've been able to increase our art budget, and in addition to the illustrations listed below, Ken will also contribute full-page, full-color illustrations for the stories by Gillian Flynn and Joe R. Lansdale.

Read on, and consider picking up a copy.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/rogues

Kingfan24
05-12-2014, 05:50 AM
This covers so many authors you can't possibly lose!

cit74
05-12-2014, 06:59 AM
This covers so many authors you can't possibly lose!

I agree. And you can actually get a flat signed 1st/1st by a few authors and possible more at the signed page (full props to becca for this one):

http://signedpage.com/2014/05/pre-order-rogues-edited-by-george-r-r-martin-gardner-dozois/

cit74
05-13-2014, 08:04 PM
I found this description quite humorous:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-GODS-Neil-Gaiman-signed-October-2003-1-5000-1st-1st-2001-Never-Read-/251530757729?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3a9066c661

"For sale is a great book. American Gods a novel by Neil Gaiman. This book was published in 2001 hardcover. This is a signed first edition of a limited of 5000 copies. Neil signed this book on October 2003. This is a limited edition 1/5000 signed by the author. Sold for $50.00 by the author. Signature are with pen ink. The sentence was wrote in pencil by the author. Very rare and unique. This book in great shape. It was never read. I'm going to auction this at $.99 no reserve. Hard to find. A great book. Fast shipping. Happy bidding. Thank you. Good luck! "

Besides the many misspellings (sp?) - the line "sentence was wrote in pencil by the author" is so obviously wrong. I was almost tempted to email the seller - and ask - if neil gaiman wrote this sentence do you think that he would really refer to himself as "the author" - unfortunately it is just a dinged up spine copy of AG that was in someoones store and noted on 10/03 to be a signed copy. I guess I could pick apart his entire thesis - where he thinks that the book was sold "by the author"too - presumably this would be gaiman as well. It is indeed very rare and unique…

thought others might get a little laugh at this one.

oh gosh - i re-read it again and had to point out the fact that he believes gaiman waited two whole years to sign this one copy of a book that was published in 2001 - the one with the special tipped in signing sheet. well at least he has one bidder.

somekindofstranger
05-14-2014, 12:13 AM
I found this description quite humorous:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-GODS-Neil-Gaiman-signed-October-2003-1-5000-1st-1st-2001-Never-Read-/251530757729?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3a9066c661

"For sale is a great book. American Gods a novel by Neil Gaiman. This book was published in 2001 hardcover. This is a signed first edition of a limited of 5000 copies. Neil signed this book on October 2003. This is a limited edition 1/5000 signed by the author. Sold for $50.00 by the author. Signature are with pen ink. The sentence was wrote in pencil by the author. Very rare and unique. This book in great shape. It was never read. I'm going to auction this at $.99 no reserve. Hard to find. A great book. Fast shipping. Happy bidding. Thank you. Good luck! "

Besides the many misspellings (sp?) - the line "sentence was wrote in pencil by the author" is so obviously wrong. I was almost tempted to email the seller - and ask - if neil gaiman wrote this sentence do you think that he would really refer to himself as "the author" - unfortunately it is just a dinged up spine copy of AG that was in someoones store and noted on 10/03 to be a signed copy. I guess I could pick apart his entire thesis - where he thinks that the book was sold "by the author"too - presumably this would be gaiman as well. It is indeed very rare and unique…

thought others might get a little laugh at this one.

oh gosh - i re-read it again and had to point out the fact that he believes gaiman waited two whole years to sign this one copy of a book that was published in 2001 - the one with the special tipped in signing sheet. well at least he has one bidder.

That is so bad it's funny.

Patrick
05-14-2014, 12:38 PM
I know it's a long tradition, but I hate when used book stores write prices and info in the actual book like that.

becca69
05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
I see the Sub Press Rogues is now sold out.

cit74
05-22-2014, 11:33 AM
if you live back east - here is a great contest too enter:

https://www.facebook.com/WmMorrowbks?v=app_129764153762486&app_data=gaReferrerOverride%3D

if that does not work just search william morrow neil gaiman contest.

Five grand prize winners will receive:

2 tickets to see Neil Gaiman, Eddie Campbell, and FourPlay present The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains Multi-Media event at Carnegie Hall on June 27, 2014 in the Prime Parquet section
2 signed, personalized copies of The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman

2 candid snapshots with Neil Gaiman taken by renowned photographer Kimberly Butler

pretty awesome - only wish he did something like that for the SF show

mattgreenbean
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Thought this was funny in the neil gaiman contest official rules:

Two (2) tickets
Estimated retail value: $158

Two (2) signed, personalized hardcover copies of
The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman
Estimated retail value of prize: $43.98

Two (2) candid snapshots with
Neil Gaiman taken by renowned photographer Kimberly Butler, delivered as digital files.
Estimated retail value: $790

Estimated retail value of grand prize: $991.98

So the tickets and autographed books combined are only
worth 1 candid digital photograph.

Just seems wrong. :frown1:

somekindofstranger
05-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Subpress are shipping Smoke and Mirrors :-)

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/shipping_updateneil_gaimans_smoke_and_mirrors_in_s tock

Patrick
05-23-2014, 09:00 PM
I received a shipping notice from Sub Press. Now I know what it was for. Thanks!

ELazansky
05-24-2014, 02:11 AM
I think I pre-ordered that one from Camelot, so I will have to wait a little longer. So glad both Smoke and Mirrors will be issued by the end of summer. So confusing waiting for two books with the same title.

cit74
05-24-2014, 09:06 PM
I agree - very confusing - I think mine r from camelot and cd - I have no idea. Just hope things don't get screwed up in the move. Not forwarding mail until house sells - so maybe the first one will get to the old house.

Patrick
05-29-2014, 10:44 PM
I received my copy of Sub Press' S&M today (#37 of 500). I like it!

Like you all said, waiting for two books with the same title, and featuring the same author, has been confusing.

Looking forward to CD publishing their S&M so I can hope Horror Mall's successor comes through and sends me the prepaid S/L.

cit74
05-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Cool. I think mine was from camelot - so i should get it in a week or two

Robert Fulman
06-02-2014, 11:00 AM
I just bought a couple copies of the Signed 10th Anniversary edition of Coraline from thebookdepository.com (http://www.bookdepository.com/Coraline-Neil-Gaiman/9781408818626) for $36.75 including free shipping. I've never read anything by Gaiman, and I'm not a collector of his books, but this seems like a pretty good deal. Does anyone know how many copies there were of this edition?

ELazansky
06-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I just bought a couple copies of the Signed 10th Anniversary edition of Coraline from thebookdepository.com (http://www.bookdepository.com/Coraline-Neil-Gaiman/9781408818626) for $36.75 including free shipping. I've never read anything by Gaiman, and I'm not a collector of his books, but this seems like a pretty good deal. Does anyone know how many copies there were of this edition?

2250 signed and numbered copies

Robert Fulman
06-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Thanks; I hope my boys like it.

cit74
06-03-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks; I hope my boys like it.

It is a fun read - I have read it to Caleb a few times.

becca69
06-03-2014, 05:23 AM
I just got one too. Thanks!

cit74
06-04-2014, 03:55 PM
in case anyone is looking for a signed stardust ARC - no slipcase though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251547699849?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

also managed to get a signed copy of the truth is in a cave book. i called the connecticut bookstore yesterday (the day they had the gaiman signing) - it was supposed to only be for attendees (an extra pre-order) - but the woman took my info (and i got billed for it already). i was only able to get one of these - sorry. still might have them at the reading in a couple of weeks

Patrick
06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I hate you, Chad.

cit74
06-12-2014, 07:11 PM
This might interest some:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-American-Gods-Signed-Hill-House-Limited-Edition-Rare-/251554686059?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3a91d3e46b

HH AG - although no companion book

Patrick
06-14-2014, 10:42 AM
I wonder what number this copy is. I bought a numbered reader copy a while back just for the hell of it because I love the book so much.

cit74
06-14-2014, 11:36 AM
greg usually does not post any more photos on his auctions - not even the signature page. but since these are from dream haven - i trust them. he is usually responsive to any questions. i think he is clearing out his inventory - since there are no new signed items on his main webpage. i emailed him about that and he said Neil comes in every 2 to 3 years to sign so he did not have much inventory.

Patrick
06-14-2014, 11:41 AM
I agree, Chad. I've never been disappointed with Dreamhaven's products.

p.s. Thanks for the PM.

sharki69
06-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Thoughts ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neverwhere-Neil-Gaiman-Uncorrected-Proof-SIGNED-/181438140897?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item2a3e8e51e1

Patrick
06-16-2014, 07:58 PM
It's hard to see on phone, but it looks like his signature. I'd bid on it if I were in the market, because, hey, it's only 50 bucks to buy in. However I don't track proofs, so I have no idea if that is a good price or not.

cit74
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
The internet at the new house is for crap - so I can't even pull up the photo this century - so not very helpful on my end. That'll really put a damper on any eBay bidding too - guess I'll just have to enjoy the view and read some books.

Patrick
06-16-2014, 10:54 PM
What's up with that, Chad?

sharki69
06-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks Patrick.

Chad - is it a good price (assuming signature is legit and condition is good)?

Thanks

ELazansky
06-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Thoughts ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neverwhere-Neil-Gaiman-Uncorrected-Proof-SIGNED-/181438140897?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item2a3e8e51e1

It certainly looks like Neil's sig.

I'm not a proof collector, but I'd go up to $100 if I was into that kind of thing. His signature is not difficult to get, so I think the value is more in the proof itself.

Booknutt
06-17-2014, 10:16 AM
I paid $25 for my exact one.

cit74
06-17-2014, 06:21 PM
the sig looks fine to me. i don't collect the proofs either - so I couldn't price it out - I agree with eric - probably somewhere between $65-90 would be reasonable

sharki69
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks Eric, Booknutt & Chad !!

RC65
06-18-2014, 02:50 PM
I sold my inscribed 1st ed. HC copy of NEVERWHERE a long time ago, and keep hoping that maybe I'll see it pop up on eBay someday as I'd love to get it back. So far, no luck...but maybe someday.

cit74
06-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Just got the email today about signed copies of the truth is a cave…so apparently rj Julia changed their tune and are offering copies.

http://www.rjjulia.com/product/truth-cave-black-mountains-signed-copy

And Alabama bookseller as well:

https://fs9.formsite.com/alabamabooksmith/form62/index.html

I already have mine on order from rj Julia - and who knows what I'll find next week at the reading. If you're wanting a copy please order from one of those sites - I'm not planning on getting any to ship out at the event (just want to enjoy the moment) - especially since copies can be purchased at good indie bookstores.

sharki69
06-19-2014, 06:38 AM
Great find Chad. Thanks

cit74
06-19-2014, 06:53 AM
my pleasure. I have a copy of duran duran coming - got a decent price and it should arrive by monday. now only if Neil will do any type of signings this coming wednesday - and I can get both duran duran and ghastly beyond belief signed - that will make my day (and collection). I have to sift though my boxed books to find my gaiman books - so I can bring one or two more books along - doubtful i can get to them though. At least ghastly is left out, and a copy of the spindle as well. who knows.

ELazansky
06-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Just got the email today about signed copies of the truth is a cave…so apparently rj Julia changed their tune and are offering copies.

I already have mine on order from rj Julia - and who knows what I'll find next week at the reading. If you're wanting a copy please order from one of those sites - I'm not planning on getting any to ship out at the event (just want to enjoy the moment) - especially since copies can be purchased at good indie bookstores.

I'm not thrilled with RJ Julia - the signing for Ocean was 6/3 and still no signed book yet. Their email says to please be patient. More than two weeks is a little much.

cit74
06-19-2014, 07:14 AM

I'm not thrilled with RJ Julia - the signing for Ocean was 6/3 and still no signed book yet. Their email says to please be patient. More than two weeks is a little much.

i have not received anything yet either - no shipping info (but doubt we will get that). already ordered both from them - so i guess i will just have to sit back and wait. oh well.

ELazansky
06-19-2014, 07:16 AM

i have not received anything yet either - no shipping info (but doubt we will get that). already ordered both from them - so i guess i will just have to sit back and wait. oh well.

Here's the email I got on 6/11:

Hello,

The Neil Gaiman event was wonderful. The store was filled wall to wall with fans and orders came into the store from all over the world. Neil certainly has avid fans. We took literally hundreds of orders and began packaging the books last week and this week we are in the process of getting the envelopes addressed and shipped out. We hope to have all the books sent out this week. Thank you for understanding. We hope you enjoy your signed copy (copies). You should see them in your mailbox soon.

Thanks

enjoy my copies....its not like I ordered a sandwich :-)

cit74
06-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Well I guess I got my good deal of the day - a HC copy of Duran Duran - supposedly in mint condition. From the seller:
These books were part of an assortment from a large distributor when we sold large quantities of Rock books and some were packaged and put away all of these years. All are mint and unread.

Soon after he accepted my offer the asking price doubled - but if anyone else is interested - here is the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251564043720?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

damn my days off - gotta stop going on ebay - although I am ecstatic over getting the last book (okay first) to fill my collection. Anyone have any idea how many HC copies are out there? Eric mentioned that these were bound for libraries. I am not even sure of the number of pb published.

Patrick
06-21-2014, 08:11 AM
I offered $200, which is more than I would ever believe I'd bid on a book about Duran Duran. He counter-offered $300, which is higher than I would pay. I had not responded when it sold for the BIN of $400. Good for the seller.

And good for Chad for his great deal on the other copy!

Booknutt
06-21-2014, 10:15 AM
I offered my Duran Duran to Chad. But it's beat up.
I will offer it up here to whoever wants to buy it. I can't share pics right on here but can email them to anyone who's interested. If you want to take a look and make an offer drop me a message.

sharki69
06-21-2014, 11:18 AM
From Alabama booksmith (thanks chad...)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/Book%20collection/58DDE63D-D175-406E-8A04-90410B1B00DF.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/Book%20collection/58DDE63D-D175-406E-8A04-90410B1B00DF.jpg.html)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/Book%20collection/5E6D1F47-25D9-4438-A348-98FF113F0B40.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/Book%20collection/5E6D1F47-25D9-4438-A348-98FF113F0B40.jpg.html)

cit74
06-21-2014, 05:48 PM
From Alabama booksmith (thanks chad...)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/Book%20collection/58DDE63D-D175-406E-8A04-90410B1B00DF.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/Book%20collection/58DDE63D-D175-406E-8A04-90410B1B00DF.jpg.html)

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/Book%20collection/5E6D1F47-25D9-4438-A348-98FF113F0B40.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/Book%20collection/5E6D1F47-25D9-4438-A348-98FF113F0B40.jpg.html)

Nice book - that came pretty quick (a lot quicker than RJ Julia…). Sorry Booknut - I found a good deal on a PB and then a HC Duran Duran came up. Got the HC today - it was not packed the greatest - the top and bottom spine are a little pushed in - nothing horrible. Still for the price it is pretty amazing - the book itself is crisp and clean and unread. Headed out and just getting the computer up and running in new house - I will try and post some pics hopefully tomorrow. Amazingly - both PB and HC shipped the same day - and went through same transit in NJ at the same time - and flew to west coast at same time - but only one book arrived today - the other states still in transit????

cit74
06-22-2014, 06:04 AM
Okay - so the spine is a little bumped on top/bottom (and a crinkle to the DJ) - the seller was not really much of a bookseller - so the description was lacking (and I really didn't want to wait on the deal). Overall I am very happy with the book - and doubt there are that many in this condition, for a 30 year old book I cannot complain:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3261_zps67a32baa.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3261_zps67a32baa.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3262_zpsf7a95d67.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3262_zpsf7a95d67.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3264_zpsa5f3693f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3264_zpsa5f3693f.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3265_zps8c0e1bcf.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3265_zps8c0e1bcf.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3266_zps491ce1ea.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3266_zps491ce1ea.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3267_zps473e1587.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3267_zps473e1587.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3268_zps538b5462.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3268_zps538b5462.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3270_zps40344f8f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3270_zps40344f8f.jpg.html)

becca69
06-22-2014, 01:16 PM
That looks darn good for the price you paid!

sharki69
06-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Great book !

becca69
06-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Mine just arrived from RJ Julia but be warned, their packaging leaves much to be desired. It was in a paperboard envelope and it had split open. Luckily the book was still inside. Oh and there is a little smudge or spit or something above the N in Neil :drool:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Book%20Collections/D8423228-BE5D-4B95-9A90-F86D7F1D205B.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/Book%20Collections/D8423228-BE5D-4B95-9A90-F86D7F1D205B.jpg.html)

cit74
06-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Wonderful. I might have to pick up a second copy at the event on wednesday - and send this to a family member - if it is beaten up.

Lookwhoitis
06-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Oh and there is a little smudge or spit or something above the N in Neil :drool:

Neil sweated on your book! :0

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Mine just arrived from RJ Julia but be warned, their packaging leaves much to be desired. It was in a paperboard envelope and it had split open. Luckily the book was still inside. Oh and there is a little smudge or spit or something above the N in Neil :drool:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Book%20Collections/D8423228-BE5D-4B95-9A90-F86D7F1D205B.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/Book%20Collections/D8423228-BE5D-4B95-9A90-F86D7F1D205B.jpg.html)

Am hoping to pick one up at the Barbican in London next week (and hopefully Hayley Campbells 'art of neil gaiman' too)

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 05:57 AM
A few recent acquisitions that I thought I would share:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10489764_10152889022708362_8934614441902040500_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10482941_10152889022713362_3907726272215122636_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10505351_10152889021908362_2783379534190973285_n.j pg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10514474_10152889022108362_6355520495257055269_n.j pg

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Okay - so the spine is a little bumped on top/bottom (and a crinkle to the DJ) - the seller was not really much of a bookseller - so the description was lacking (and I really didn't want to wait on the deal). Overall I am very happy with the book - and doubt there are that many in this condition, for a 30 year old book I cannot complain:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3261_zps67a32baa.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3261_zps67a32baa.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3262_zpsf7a95d67.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3262_zpsf7a95d67.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3264_zpsa5f3693f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3264_zpsa5f3693f.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3265_zps8c0e1bcf.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3265_zps8c0e1bcf.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3266_zps491ce1ea.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3266_zps491ce1ea.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3267_zps473e1587.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3267_zps473e1587.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3268_zps538b5462.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3268_zps538b5462.jpg.html)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/IMG_3270_zps40344f8f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/Gaiman/IMG_3270_zps40344f8f.jpg.html)

very nice :-)

swintek
06-24-2014, 07:23 AM
A few recent acquisitions that I thought I would share:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10489764_10152889022708362_8934614441902040500_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10482941_10152889022713362_3907726272215122636_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10505351_10152889021908362_2783379534190973285_n.j pg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10514474_10152889022108362_6355520495257055269_n.j pg

Outstanding books! Congratulations. You really grabbed 3 of the best Gaiman items out there, imo. What do you think of Anansi Boys? Also, what is everyone's opinion on Smoke & Mirrors? I was wondering how long ago I had ordered it, and the invoice shows nearly 5 YEARS! Even I was surprised it was that long. It's certainly really well done, but... guess it's hard to impress when you spent that much money that long ago. I flipped through it, went "nice", and put it on the shelf.

ELazansky
06-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Outstanding books! Congratulations. You really grabbed 3 of the best Gaiman items out there, imo. What do you think of Anansi Boys? Also, what is everyone's opinion on Smoke & Mirrors? I was wondering how long ago I had ordered it, and the invoice shows nearly 5 YEARS! Even I was surprised it was that long. It's certainly really well done, but... guess it's hard to impress when you spent that much money that long ago. I flipped through it, went "nice", and put it on the shelf.

I seem to be doing this a lot with my new books lately. I got Smoke and Mirrors, flipped through it, and put in on the shelf. Probably won't look at it again for a while. It's nice, but nothing to write home about.

cit74
06-24-2014, 10:07 AM

I seem to be doing this a lot with my new books lately. I got Smoke and Mirrors, flipped through it, and put in on the shelf. Probably won't look at it again for a while. It's nice, but nothing to write home about.

Maybe you take it down in a few months to make it feel loved? Got my truth book today - no gaiman spittle :(
BUt now we can read it tonight before the show - and see how my reading compares with tomorrow night

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Thanks! Still after a hill house edition of American Gods, but not at the price I've seen some go for!

The Anansai Boys edition is nice, but to be honest I am not sure why it sometimes goes for really high amounts. I also have a UK limited slipcase edition (with silver edged pages) which is as nice, but at a third of the price.

As for Smoke and Mirrors, I really like it and think it's a nice edition. I think Dave Mckean art goes really well with Neils writing. I usually (carefully) read every edition I get before stowing them away in the bookcase, but try and get them out once in a while to browse through again.

Randall Flagg
06-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Chad, Patrick, and I are scheduled for this event (http://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/events/detail/248155) tomorrow night in San Francisco, Ca.

"
In a revolutionary new concept of synchronised multi-media storytelling, Neil Gaiman will read aloud his story The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains. The renowned artist Eddie Campbell (From Hell) has illustrated the story and FourPlay String Quartet have created an entirely new underscore to the piece.
“It was simply amazing. …it was more than just a reading. It was a performance full of subtlety and nuance… Gaiman kept 2000 people on the edge of their seat.” (S.T.S.O.O.I. BLOG)
Created and performed for a sell out crowd at Sydney Opera House’s Graphic Festival, then repeated a year later for world renowned arts Festival Mona Foma in Tasmania, now by popular demand, these two performances only, this haunting tale of adventure, revenge and treasure, told as a hybrid between a storyteller, an artist and a string quartet, is being brought to the stage around the world.

On 17th June 2014, William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, will publish a lavishly designed hardcover edition of “The Truth is a Cave In the Black Mountains,” illustrated throughout with four-color paintings by renowned artist Eddie Campbell.
The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains was originally commissioned by Sydney Opera House for the Graphic Festival – these performances are its USA premiere"

ELazansky
06-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Thanks! Still after a hill house edition of American Gods, but not at the price I've seen some go for!

The Anansai Boys edition is nice, but to be honest I am not sure why it sometimes goes for really high amounts. I also have a UK limited slipcase edition (with silver edged pages) which is as nice, but at a third of the price.

As for Smoke and Mirrors, I really like it and think it's a nice edition. I think Dave Mckean art goes really well with Neils writing. I usually (carefully) read every edition I get before stowing them away in the bookcase, but try and get them out once in a while to browse through again.

Did you also get the matching numbered Notebook that goes with Anansi Boys?

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 12:42 PM

Yes I did, plus an envelope which I realise I haven't opened yet!

ELazansky
06-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Outstanding. Wonder what is in the envelope?

swintek
06-24-2014, 01:06 PM

Outstanding. Wonder what is in the envelope?

There was a chapbook "preview" done by morrow that HH sent out to NG Series Subscribers. That might be it? If I remember right, came in a black, numbered (matching your book #) envelope.

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes, it contained a 16 page chapbook and a print.

swintek
06-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Excellent. You never see those. Quite a score you got there!

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
This is the envelope, chapbook and print. I love an unexpected bonus!

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/p180x540/10440900_10152890193358362_2209065700766505506_n.j pg

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Chad, Patrick, and I are scheduled for this event (http://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/events/detail/248155) tomorrow night in San Francisco, Ca.

"
In a revolutionary new concept of synchronised multi-media storytelling, Neil Gaiman will read aloud his story The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains. The renowned artist Eddie Campbell (From Hell) has illustrated the story and FourPlay String Quartet have created an entirely new underscore to the piece.
“It was simply amazing. …it was more than just a reading. It was a performance full of subtlety and nuance… Gaiman kept 2000 people on the edge of their seat.” (S.T.S.O.O.I. BLOG)
Created and performed for a sell out crowd at Sydney Opera House’s Graphic Festival, then repeated a year later for world renowned arts Festival Mona Foma in Tasmania, now by popular demand, these two performances only, this haunting tale of adventure, revenge and treasure, told as a hybrid between a storyteller, an artist and a string quartet, is being brought to the stage around the world.

On 17th June 2014, William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, will publish a lavishly designed hardcover edition of “The Truth is a Cave In the Black Mountains,” illustrated throughout with four-color paintings by renowned artist Eddie Campbell.
The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains was originally commissioned by Sydney Opera House for the Graphic Festival – these performances are its USA premiere"

Enjoy!

ELazansky
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
This is the envelope, chapbook and print. I love an unexpected bonus!

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/p180x540/10440900_10152890193358362_2209065700766505506_n.j pg

Very cool - those chapbooks are impossible to find. Big congrats!

cit74
06-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Very cool. Great score with the chapbooks and extras. We will have to post some pics from tomorrow night.

sharki69
06-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Chad, Jerome and Patrick - enjoy the reading (and signing....).

cit74
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM

We only hope it's a signing - cannot find any information on it - no one answers at the box office, no idea if a local book store is sponsoring the event and will have books available. No tweets from Neil or any new post on his website - just in the dark.

sharki69
06-24-2014, 04:32 PM

We only hope it's a signing - cannot find any information on it - no one answers at the box office, no idea if a local book store is sponsoring the event and will have books available. No tweets from Neil or any new post on his website - just in the dark.

He is signing books on the way to the event

Just stopped into JFK @HudsonBooks (terminal 4 on the way to B 32) and signed all copies of Ocean At the End of the Lane. They didn't mind (Gaiman Tweet)

So why not signing in the event ?

Good luck

ELazansky
06-24-2014, 04:41 PM

He is signing books on the way to the event

Just stopped into JFK @HudsonBooks (terminal 4 on the way to B 32) and signed all copies of Ocean At the End of the Lane. They didn't mind (Gaiman Tweet)

So why not signing in the event ?

Good luck

Because the event could be set up like a concert. They take the stage, perform, and then leave.

And Neil often stops into airport bookstores and signs books, then puts them back on the shelves

cit74
06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping he might tweet a bit tomorrow once he's in the city - but who knows.

somekindofstranger
06-24-2014, 11:06 PM
From twitter:

On this tour, logistics mean that there won't be signings afterwards, but there will be many hundreds of presigned books for sale.

cit74
06-25-2014, 06:48 AM
From twitter:

On this tour, logistics mean that there won't be signings afterwards, but there will be many hundreds of presigned books for sale.

Yep - saw that. Just means less things to carry to the show. (And more to carry away). I'll still keep the Duran Duran books on me - in case…

becca69
06-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Sub Press has some signed 1st Truth In A Cave books for sale.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/the_truth_is_a_cave_in_the_black_mountains

ELazansky
06-25-2014, 07:32 AM

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/the_truth_is_a_cave_in_the_black_mountains

It doesn't say they are signed.

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 07:46 AM

I dont think those are signed. Where did you see they are signed?

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 07:49 AM

It doesn't say they are signed.

LOL yeah I just ordered one and now am trying to cancel it. I want a signed copy.

I ordered one immediately because RJ Julia had spit on the book and folks complained about shipping time and packaging and the Alabama bookshop was charging $9 to ship it so when I saw Sub Press had some I jumped on it like a duck on a bug, but then read they were unsigned!

DOH! :doh:

somekindofstranger
06-25-2014, 08:14 AM

and also this: https://subterraneanpress.com/news/announcing_a_mountain_walkeda_huge_new_gathering_o f_lovecraftian_fiction
but it doesnt say who signed......

ELazansky
06-25-2014, 08:36 AM

and also this: https://subterraneanpress.com/news/announcing_a_mountain_walkeda_huge_new_gathering_o f_lovecraftian_fiction

Good catch - we need to find out if Neil is one of the signers. I'll email Jerad at Centipede

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 09:13 AM
If there are 1st edition books of TIAC signed by Gaimen at the event tonight, does anyone want one?

ELazansky
06-25-2014, 09:18 AM

Good catch - we need to find out if Neil is one of the signers. I'll email Jerad at Centipede

So here was Jerad's response. Kind of...strange:

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dear Eric,

He signed some of them, but not all of them. Probably the first 50-60 will be signed by him. Unfortunately, probably all of those copies are sold.

Best Regards,

Jerad

So if you order one from Sub Press, Camelot, or even from Centipede directly, you MAY get one signed by Neil. Guess I'm going to have to look on the secondary market to make sure I get one he signed

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 10:05 AM
If there are 1st edition books of TIAC signed by Gaiman at the event tonight, does anyone want one?

I'd love one if Available! Bill Schaefer was so kind as to cancel my order. I can paypal for it as soon as you need.

If he will personalize, I'll take "To Neil" if not, no biggie.

Thanks RF!

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM
DOH! just remembered he wont be signing in person (or personalizing), they will be pre-signed...

I will still take one RF!

(I've sure been using the :doh: sign a lot today!)

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 10:32 AM
DOH! just remembered he wont be signing in person (or personalizing), they will be pre-signed...

OK. You are first on the list. All I ask is reimbursement for the book including sales tax, and the media mail shipping. I'll provide the packaging gratis.

becca69
06-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Sorry guys, I thought in the email it said Neil was signing them... guess not.

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 11:14 AM

OK. You are first on the list. All I ask is reimbursement for the book including sales tax, and the media mail shipping. I'll provide the packaging gratis.
FYI, there are supposed to be ~1,900 books signed by Gaiman AND Campbell.

ELazansky
06-25-2014, 11:43 AM

FYI, there are supposed to be ~1,900 books signed by Gaiman AND Campbell.

Well if they are signed by both, I'll take one please. Thanks for helping us out.

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 01:01 PM

You are the man! :cool:

Thanks!

mikeC
06-25-2014, 01:15 PM
The logos of these shirts are too big for me but American Gods was put on one.

http://shop.outofprintclothing.com/American_Gods_book_cover_t_shirt_p/l-1094.htm

http://cdn3.volusion.com/cmkqa.tasqc/v/vspfiles/photos/L-1094-3T.jpg?1403157794

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I will get what I can. It looks like it may be 1 per person upon entry (and paying extra). If so Lookwhoitis is first, elazanky is second, IF I can snag extras.
Right now I am engrossed in Tim Lincecom of the San Francisco Giants. He has a no-hitter through 8 innings.

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 02:25 PM
NO HITTER!

Randall Flagg
06-25-2014, 02:33 PM
And Patrick that good luck bringing Irish Bastard is there.

Lookwhoitis
06-25-2014, 02:41 PM
nice!

cit74
06-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Well we are back in our room. It was a great evening, caught up with both RF and patrick. The evening started shortly after 8pm and went until a little after 11pm. Fourplay - the string quartet played for a little (they were wonderful - especially if you like violin/cello - just google fourplay Dr. Who/tardis theme - you'll want to pick up some of their music). Then Neil came out and read a few short pieces - including one of my favorites - the day the saucers came, as well as a piece rejected by this American life - called adventures. It was pretty good. He also mentioned that he'll have a new short story anthology out next year - titled trigger warning (I think that's the title he said, originally he was going to call it please secure your mask before helping others, but that was too long and did not fit with the two word titles of his previous anthologies. The adventure story will be in there, as well as all of the monthly short stories he talked about in his journal earlier this year - the ones he wrote with suggestions from Fans - he read both July and October stories. Then there was a intermission, followed by the reading of the truth is in a cave in the black mountains. I had not previously read the story (when it was in stories) - but read 3/4 of it yesterday and today with Caleb. I stopped near the end so I would be able to hear the rest from Neil tonight. Worked fine, except Caleb slept through nearly all of the reading - oh well. After the main event, he read another poem - the one about saint Orin - another good read.

All in all a very entertaining evening. No actual signing, alas there were hundreds of presigned books for sale. Between RF, Patrick, and myself I think we bought 11 or 12 signed copies of truth - so everyone here who requested one is good - without any spittle or excessive shipping. We will figure out who is shipping to whom and PM them in the next day or so. I picked up a few signed Chu's - but those are all going out as gifts to friends kids and nieces (they were only signed by Neil - not Adam Rex - like I think the books of wonder are). I even picked up a copy of the truth audio cd - since this one had the fourplay quartet playing as well - and the cover was signed by Neil as well.

Green apple books was the "book" host - I imagine they'll have more copies of these books/CDs at their store - since there's no way they all sold out. Here's their contact info:

506 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 387-2272

I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos :) - so I'll wait for them to post.

somekindofstranger
06-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Well we are back in our room. It was a great evening, caught up with both RF and patrick. The evening started shortly after 8pm and went until a little after 11pm. Fourplay - the string quartet played for a little (they were wonderful - especially if you like violin/cello - just google fourplay Dr. Who/tardis theme - you'll want to pick up some of their music). Then Neil came out and read a few short pieces - including one of my favorites - the day the saucers came, as well as a piece rejected by this American life - called adventures. It was pretty good. He also mentioned that he'll have a new short story anthology out next year - titled trigger warning (I think that's the title he said, originally he was going to call it please secure your mask before helping others, but that was too long and did not fit with the two word titles of his previous anthologies. The adventure story will be in there, as well as all of the monthly short stories he talked about in his journal earlier this year - the ones he wrote with suggestions from Fans - he read both July and October stories. Then there was a intermission, followed by the reading of the truth is in a cave in the black mountains. I had not previously read the story (when it was in stories) - but read 3/4 of it yesterday and today with Caleb. I stopped near the end so I would be able to hear the rest from Neil tonight. Worked fine, except Caleb slept through nearly all of the reading - oh well. After the main event, he read another poem - the one about saint Orin - another good read.

All in all a very entertaining evening. No actual signing, alas there were hundreds of presigned books for sale. Between RF, Patrick, and myself I think we bought 11 or 12 signed copies of truth - so everyone here who requested one is good - without any spittle or excessive shipping. We will figure out who is shipping to whom and PM them in the next day or so. I picked up a few signed Chu's - but those are all going out as gifts to friends kids and nieces (they were only signed by Neil - not Adam Rex - like I think the books of wonder are). I even picked up a copy of the truth audio cd - since this one had the fourplay quartet playing as well - and the cover was signed by Neil as well.

Green apple books was the "book" host - I imagine they'll have more copies of these books/CDs at their store - since there's no way they all sold out. Here's their contact info:

506 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 387-2272

I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos :) - so I'll wait for them to post.

Sounds great. Cant wait for next week now :-)

Booknutt
06-26-2014, 04:57 AM
How much we're the signed copies?