PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ELazansky
08-18-2012, 02:34 AM
You're welcome. I think 1000 was the issue price as well, but not 100% sure. I'm sure you can email Sub Press and they would tell you the original cost.

ELazansky
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
It has been quiet on the Gaiman front...until today. The new Stardust S/L:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/Stardust.jpg

willie3
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Any idea what the original price was on the lettered? I thought it was around $1000 but can't find it listed anywhere.

From one of the SubPress Newsletters

"The Graveyard Book will be available in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound as you see above: $250

Lettered: 26 signed copies, bound differently, with an original sketch by Dave McKean matted into the traycase that holds each book: $900 "

Karl

herbertwest
11-06-2012, 05:22 AM
the cover for his upcoming book is quite nice

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7Iy4Xdhz3f8/UJPR1xNIqMI/AAAAAAAAG6k/hilSHGiRni0/s1600/The+Ocean+at+the+End+of+the+Lane.jpg

Meanwhile, Neil Gaiman's first full-length-novel-for-adults in eight years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, will be published in June 2013. Cover blurbage:
“They say you cannot go home again, and that is as true as a knife . . .”

A man returns to his childhood village seeking comfort in memories of his youth and the friend who long ago transformed his life.

Once upon a time in a rural English town, an eleven-year-old girl named Lettie Hempstock shows a little boy the most marvelous, dangerous, and outrageous things beyond his darkest imagination. But an ancient power has been disturbed, and now invasive creatures from beyond the known world are set loose. There is primal horror here, and menace unleashed—within the boy’s family and from the forces that have gathered to consume it.

Determined to have their way, these otherworldly beings will destroy a meddling little boy if he dares to get in the way. It will take calm, courage, and the cleverness of the extraordinary Hempstock women—Lettie, her mother, and her grandmother, to keep him alive. But his survival will come at an unexpected cost. . . .

Storytelling genius Neil Gaiman delivers a whimsical, imaginative, bittersweet, and at times deeply scary modern fantasy about fear, love, magic, sacrifice, and the power of stories to reveal and to protect us from the darkness inside—a moving, terrifying, and elegiac fable for every age.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.fr/

chrise
12-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Any idea what the original price was on the lettered? I thought it was around $1000 but can't find it listed anywhere.

From one of the SubPress Newsletters

"The Graveyard Book will be available in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound as you see above: $250

Lettered: 26 signed copies, bound differently, with an original sketch by Dave McKean matted into the traycase that holds each book: $900 "

Karl

Awesome. Thank you!

Stockerlone
12-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman
Images crated for the lim. edition of Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman.
Limited and signed prints from George Walker
Biting Dog Press

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2022.JPG

Patrick
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to Gaiman's next novel.

Cool presentation of the artwork, Stockerlone.

herbertwest
12-20-2012, 03:50 PM
From the Los Angeles Times Books : "Neil Gaiman plans last book-signing tour, ever"
>>> http://www.latimes.com/features/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-neil-gaiman-last-book-signing-tour-20121219,0,6799030.story

Patrick
12-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Bummer. I hope I can make it to one of his stops on this one.

cit74
12-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Just checked the telos website and they still have copies of shrouded by darkness on sale for GBP 30 (from gbp 50) - shipping to U.S. was total cost of $71

herbertwest
01-05-2013, 04:22 AM
There will be an anthology for the 50th anniversary of DOCTOR WHO, with stories written by 11 authors. The name of those authors will be released one by one starting january 11th, but i would be surprised if Neil isnt one of them !

>>> http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01/puffinbooks-030113155508.html

cit74
01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I had ordered one as well...then after 6 weeks it still had not arrived. So I called Easton - they apologized - said it should have arrived by now. So they overnighted me a copy. Then about 3 days after I received the overnight copy - the original ordered one arrived via snail mail. So by my math $49.50 was not a bad price to pay at all for each book - and now I have a birthday present for my dad.

cit74
01-11-2013, 11:05 PM
sorry I thought my reply would attach to the post i was commenting on (guess it didn't) anyway it was a reply to the easton press signed american gods - sorry

cit74
01-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Check out www.booksofwonder.com - Neil has a signing event there in late February (23rd) - and you can goto the store site and pre-order signed copies of chu's day - signed by Neil and the artist for list price plus shipping. Once I take some pics and figure out how to post - I will share

ELazansky
01-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Check out www.booksofwonder.com - Neil has a signing event there in late February (23rd) - and you can goto the store site and pre-order signed copies of chu's day - signed by Neil and the artist for list price plus shipping. Once I take some pics and figure out how to post - I will share

Thanks for that tip - might have to get one of those.

cit74
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Not sure if you are aware of worldbuilders and Patrick rothfuss - if not check out his blog. His charity through worldbuilders for heifer international ends this Friday. A ton of books have been donated- including some really rare signed gaiman items - including a signed arc of stardust. Each $10 donation gets a ticket in the book lottery. Check out the 11 January blog - shows all of the gaiman items. Each year whomever has won the stardust arc has returned it back for he following year, I'm sorry, but if my name is pulled I'd ave a tough time returning it - I might be the one that breaks the cycle.

Patrick
01-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

cit74
01-14-2013, 10:31 PM
I have a 4 year old - so it's an easy excuse to get hasa children's story books as well, all except blueberry girl - since it was specifically geared towards young girls - I figured that wouldn't go over as well with my son, but his others do.

herbertwest
01-15-2013, 03:41 AM
He officially announced on his blog, that the next book tour will be his last.
So... not much time left to get a personnalized copy...

cit74
01-15-2013, 06:38 AM
He officially announced on his blog, that the next book tour will be his last.
So... not much time left to get a personnalized copy...

I know - I'm planning on taking the day off of work - just hope it's not over the time I'm on vacation...but knowing my luck

herbertwest
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
there will be a book tour for "the ocean at the end of the lane" ;)

erxbooks
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
I would not be too worried about being able to get signed Neil Gaiman books if this is truly his last tour. Dream Haven books in Minneapolis runs the neilgaiman.net site and the owner is a personal friend of Neil's. Neil stops in 2 or 3 times a year and signs large numbers of books. I stop in Dream Haven once month or so and can let everyone know when there is new stock. I was in last Saturday and there was a good number of signed books in stock then. Not the newest books (Chu or Stardust) but quite a few others. I will post here to let everyone know the next time Neil has been in

erxbooks
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
I am lucky enough to have a signed edition of every Neil Gaiman first edition including Duran Duran and every Sandman hardcover (All the Graphic novels and the Absolute editions) I will post a picture this weekend.

cit74
01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I am lucky enough to have a signed edition of every Neil Gaiman first edition including Duran Duran and every Sandman hardcover (All the Graphic novels and the Absolute editions) I will post a picture this weekend.

very cool. I have ordered from dream haven before (to fill in holes in my collection) - but it would be great to hear once Neil has been in - instead of regularly checking the site. Thanks

cit74
01-20-2013, 01:21 AM
My coraline collection

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books1_zpsc1d025ae.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books2_zps4af5da8a.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books195_zps6eddbdd2.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books196_zps06fb0745.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books197_zps56018a68.jpg

cit74
01-20-2013, 01:23 AM
And a favorite sandman Remarque

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books54_zpsf2c9ca3b.jpg

Check out my collection - I posted the rest of my gaiman books there

cit74
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Ok - not sure what everyones top 3 Gaiman collectible books would be - but mine are (no particular order):
1) a screenplay of good omens
2) American gods Hill House edition
3) toss up between startdust ARC or coraline signed/numbered hobby market 4000 printed (only 177 signed/numbered) -

I already have my signed coraline and today I was able to get #1 on the list. I did my somewhat weekly "gaiman signed" ebay search - and found A Screenplay listed the other day - and it was from dreamhaven books (i have bought from their online store and they have a special Gaiman store) - and amazingly was only at $34 still this morning. With about 5 minutes left - still only around $100 - and well below what I was willing to spend (especially since Eric mentioned how much he paid and the cheapest on Abe's is $450)...drum roll please

I got it for $187

btw the buy it now price was $500 - I only saw that after I received the payment message - since there was already a bid placed by the time I saw it

And they had a copy of Melinda as well and I grabbed my second copy (could not resist) for $105 - figured I might as well save on shipping:)

Needless to say I am really excited - and I will post pics of it once it arrives. And I am sorry that I did not mention that it was up for auction - I think you all can understand - but now that I have my copy if I see it again I will let you all know

sgc1999
01-31-2013, 01:48 PM
wow! nice score.

ELazansky
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Excellent purchase on "A Screenplay", Chad! I'm not upset at all at the price you paid. Sometimes, items come up for sale and nobody is looking for it at that time. You certainly got a wonderful price. Hope the quality of the book and box is there when it arrives.

The 3 Most Collectible (i.e. valuable) Gaiman books that I think I have in my collection are:

1) A Screenplay
2) American Gods - Hill House
3) American Gods: The Reader's Copy - Hill House (number matches the regular edition)

3 of my favorite "other" books are:

1) The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide To Eccentric & Discredited Diseases S/L - I love how the limitation pages look like prescription pads.
2) The Machineries of Joy by Ray Bradbury - only 100 copies signed by Gaiman and Bradbury
3) Legends II S/L - just a great set of signatures from some amazing authors

cit74
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Excellent purchase on "A Screenplay", Chad! I'm not upset at all at the price you paid. Sometimes, items come up for sale and nobody is looking for it at that time. You certainly got a wonderful price. Hope the quality of the book and box is there when it arrives.

The 3 Most Collectible (i.e. valuable) Gaiman books that I think I have in my collection are:

1) A Screenplay
2) American Gods - Hill House
3) American Gods: The Reader's Copy - Hill House (number matches the regular edition)

3 of my favorite "other" books are:

1) The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide To Eccentric & Discredited Diseases S/L - I love how the limitation pages look like prescription pads.
2) The Machineries of Joy by Ray Bradbury - only 100 copies signed by Gaiman and Bradbury
3) Legends II S/L - just a great set of signatures from some amazing authors

thanks - those are great choices (I have thackery T - on lay away with other books from Camelot). I was doing a completed search on ebay and saw a stardust ARC gor for $87 - cant get everything...

I was close to getting the machineries of joy too (still might)

swintek
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Top 3 Gaiman "collectible" books..? Hmmm, I'm pretty much with you guys on the Hill House editions, but I'd put Anansi Boys as #1, AG #2, and I'll go with you on the Coraline "Hobby Market" edition! I just really like that book- even better than the subsequent Subpress edition which I have to consider inferior as it drops the extra material.

Gotta say, that the "A Screenplay", though certainly rare- is pretty bland, imo.

But I can't praise that HH Anansi Boys enough. In the whole of my collection- which includes a deluxe Salem's Lot, a limited Skeleton Crew (a top 3 "nice" book for me, always), quite a few Charnel House editions- I consistently put that Anansi Boys as my favorite edition of any book. It's just perfectly sumptuous in every way. It's so good- it put the publisher out of business! Well, poor business decisions as a whole probably was their undoing, but I'm SO glad that I've had the real pleasure of having that beautiful book in my collection.

Ron

cit74
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Top 3 Gaiman "collectible" books..? Hmmm, I'm pretty much with you guys on the Hill House editions, but I'd put Anansi Boys as #1, AG #2, and I'll go with you on the Coraline "Hobby Market" edition! I just really like that book- even better than the subsequent Subpress edition which I have to consider inferior as it drops the extra material.

Gotta say, that the "A Screenplay", though certainly rare- is pretty bland, imo.

But I can't praise that HH Anansi Boys enough. In the whole of my collection- which includes a deluxe Salem's Lot, a limited Skeleton Crew (a top 3 "nice" book for me, always), quite a few Charnel House editions- I consistently put that Anansi Boys as my favorite edition of any book. It's just perfectly sumptuous in every way. It's so good- it put the publisher out of business! Well, poor business decisions as a whole probably was their undoing, but I'm SO glad that I've had the real pleasure of having that beautiful book in my collection.

Ron

I agree - I really like Anansi Boys as well - a very nice book and the art is great too (one reason that I was looking forward to Dagmara doing the shining, but I will be interested to see what GR comes up with)

ELazansky
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM

Ron

I love my copy of Anansi Boys too. It was hard to find with the matching numbered Notebook, but it is also one of the high points of my Gaiman collection. And A Screenplay is definitely a little boring...but it is just a screenplay :-)

cit74
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
just got this email today - from harper collins that you can pre-order signed copies of Neil's upcoming book - Ocean at the end of the lane

http://links.e.harpercollins.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTEzMTA1MgS2&r=MzE3NDM2MTU4OTMS1&j=MzA5NDI4NDAyS0&mt=1&rt=0%%FORWARD_INFO%%

not sure the link will work - if not search via Barnes and Nobles - choose that option since they have them on sale for around $16 - thats the signed copy - figured if i cant make it to his signing - then this is a cheap alternative

herbertwest
02-02-2013, 05:06 AM
Amazon announced the signed copies foe $150, currently being discounted to $94.50
>>>> http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Lane-Deluxe-Signed-Edition/dp/0062265083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359810371&sr=8-1&keywords=ocean%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bend%2Bof%2Bthe%2Blane% 2Bsigned&tag=csk21-20

++ apparently there will be a printed version of his speech "make good art". Which was a really good speech
Link to the speech : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseI
Preorders on amazon >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseIhttp://www.amazon.com/Make-Good-Art-Neil-Gaiman/dp/0062266764/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359810436&sr=1-1&keywords=neil+gaiman+make+good+art&tag=csk21-20

ELazansky
02-02-2013, 05:18 AM
just got this email today - from harper collins that you can pre-order signed copies of Neil's upcoming book - Ocean at the end of the lane

http://links.e.harpercollins.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTEzMTA1MgS2&r=MzE3NDM2MTU4OTMS1&j=MzA5NDI4NDAyS0&mt=1&rt=0%%FORWARD_INFO%%

not sure the link will work - if not search via Barnes and Nobles - choose that option since they have them on sale for around $16 - thats the signed copy - figured if i cant make it to his signing - then this is a cheap alternative

I wonder if the "Signed First Edition" from B&N will have the tipped-in signature page like American Gods and Anansi Boys, and not just a signature. That would be nice...

cit74
02-02-2013, 07:44 AM

I wonder if the "Signed First Edition" from B&N will have the tipped-in signature page like American Gods and Anansi Boys, and not just a signature. That would be nice...

I am willing to bet it will just be flat signed, no tipped in page. I've ordered his signed books directly from the dream haven site (they still have a bunch and only charge the regular book price) - and these are just flat signed. I used their site to fill in the gaps of my gaiman books - figured why not fill them with a signed one.

ELazansky
02-02-2013, 11:48 AM

I am willing to bet it will just be flat signed, no tipped in page. I've ordered his signed books directly from the dream haven site (they still have a bunch and only charge the regular book price) - and these are just flat signed. I used their site to fill in the gaps of my gaiman books - figured why not fill them with a signed one.

But he signs a ton of stuff for Dreamhaven. Since B&N will be selling presigned copies directly from the publisher, I am hoping for a tip in. There will be a plenty of flatsigned copies available.

cit74
02-02-2013, 08:19 PM
True - guess we will have to wait...well I have a new edition on the way - these are some of the pics the seller sent me (but I should see the books by mid-week) - between getting this and a Screenplay - its been a busy book buying week - I will have to lay low and see what we owe in taxes before any more purchases...

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/002656_5_zpsea61512f.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/002656_1_zpsd8ce73f5.jpg

cit74
02-02-2013, 09:01 PM

But he signs a ton of stuff for Dreamhaven. Since B&N will be selling presigned copies directly from the publisher, I am hoping for a tip in. There will be a plenty of flatsigned copies available.

My apologies Eric - I saw this on an ebay auction for anansi boys - so maybe the publisher signed Oceans at the end of the lane will be similar:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-ANANSI-BOYS-Signed-HC-DJ-1st-1st-/181073831803?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2a28d7677b

cit74
02-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Found the answer on the signed pre-orders - they will be tip in sheets. According to Gaiman's journal/blog he will be signing stacks of sheets late march/April - prior to books being printed.

herbertwest
02-03-2013, 03:35 AM
True - guess we will have to wait...well I have a new edition on the way - these are some of the pics the seller sent me (but I should see the books by mid-week) - between getting this and a Screenplay - its been a busy book buying week - I will have to lay low and see what we owe in taxes before any more purchases...

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/002656_5_zpsea61512f.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/002656_1_zpsd8ce73f5.jpg

Looks like a nice item!
I TRUELY loved that book. I am waiting to recieve a first french edition.

The 10th year anniversary edition sounds interesting too :
"Many well read books get anniversary editions, but few if any get a re-release in hardcover for said anniversary.
American Gods by Neil Gaiman is that odd duck that gets the honor this year from Morrow in an Author's Preferred Edition this June. The cover mimics the direction of both the US hardcover and paper release only in a more staid fashion. This edition being the preferred will also contain about 12,000 more words than the original release plus a new introduction.
The hardcover first edition was 480 pages and this edition will clock in at 544 pages or so. Before you could only get this version in the Hill House limited edition and I believe there was a British edition that came out as well, but this version has never seen wide release in the States."
Edit : it seems that the text of this anniversary edition is the same one than the limited edition by Hill House.

ELazansky
02-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Found the answer on the signed pre-orders - they will be tip in sheets. According to Gaiman's journal/blog he will be signing stacks of sheets late march/April - prior to books being printed.

Cool...and I am happy you were able to purchase the Hill House American Gods. They sure did make some beautiful books.

cit74
02-03-2013, 07:45 AM
If anyone interested in a signed Easton press copy of American gods let me know (still in shrink wrap). I have 2 - there was a delay in shipping and Easton press sent me a second copy. I'll sell it for $65 (includes priority mail shipping). I think these are still available on Easton press site for $99. If overseas I'll split the shipping - so it might be a little more (depending upon how you want it shipped). Just PM me.

SOLD

Scoogs
02-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I was always tempted to pick up Hill House's American Gods. I have a couple of Bradbury books from them and always loved their editions.
Althought I don't have one, the lettered edition of American Gods may be my favorite limited production.

cit74
02-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I was always tempted to pick up Hill House's American Gods. I have a couple of Bradbury books from them and always loved their editions.
Althought I don't have one, the lettered edition of American Gods may be my favorite limited production.

I saw that listed on Abe's - that is huge and an amazingly well put together lettered - really nice looking

herbertwest
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM

I added a limited edition of AG by Hill House in my tobuy list :)

Patrick
02-05-2013, 02:09 AM

I ordered a signed copy from Porter Square, an independent bookstore. I don't trust the large chain bookstores to ship signed books properly.

Klobber
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I am trying to save for an engagement ring & so having to sell some of my books on eBay.
Here's the Ottakars version of Anansi Boys. Please send it to a good home. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130841814958
In terms of collectible Neil Gaiman thread, this is a beautiful book, but I hadn't really paid it much attention until looking to sell.
My personal favourite I have is a signed Hold Me, Hellblazer. I'm not sure I could part with that one even if it meant the difference between diamond or no diamond. :D

cit74
02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I am trying to save for an engagement ring & so having to sell some of my books on eBay.
Here's the Ottakars version of Anansi Boys. Please send it to a good home. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130841814958
In terms of collectible Neil Gaiman thread, this is a beautiful book, but I hadn't really paid it much attention until looking to sell.
My personal favourite I have is a signed Hold Me, Hellblazer. I'm not sure I could part with that one even if it meant the difference between diamond or no diamond. :D

Nice to hear from you and welcome to the site - If you post a couple more times we can PM you about the book - please feel free to message me.

Klobber
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Sure, okay I'll try to post 5 times.

Nice to hear from you and welcome to the site - If you post a couple more times we can PM you about the book - please feel free to message me.

cit74
02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Sure, okay I'll try to post 5 times.

And this is a very good place to post anything Neil Gaiman related - especially if you are looking to buy or sell; or just share your collection - you can see from the various posts in the thread

Klobber
02-05-2013, 03:47 PM
4 (Sorry forum users)

Klobber
02-05-2013, 03:47 PM
2 (This must be annoying I'll delete them in a minute, I promise)

Klobber
02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
1 - Last 1

cit74
02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
1 - Last 1

not too horrible - now see if you can send a PM - just click on the profile name and a box pops up that gives you options - such as view profile - and the private message should be an option. Also there is a new person thread - so you can always go there to introduce yourself

Klobber
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry no private message box. I'll find the new person forum and say hello. I planned to anyway. :)

sgc1999
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
doit....doit.....ya doit..:)
"starski and Hutch"

Brice
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
New person thread for the site: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?67-Introduce-yourself

new person thread for the collector's area: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?185-Welcome-to-the-Corner-amp-Old-Timers-Inquiry

Welcome! Surely you could have found something to say other than a series of numbered posts though.

sgc1999
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
lazy bones! :confused1:

swintek
02-06-2013, 11:51 AM

I added a limited edition of AG by Hill House in my tobuy list :)

You will not be the slightest bit disappointed when you do find one. Good luck!

ELazansky
02-08-2013, 02:43 AM
The ARC's for Neil's upcoming book and signed and numbered - I imagine these are going to be very difficult to find - http://www.whosay.com/neilgaiman/photos/288219?wsref=fb&code=Aqd58at

WeDealInLead
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Do you have a lead on one?

I'm thinking of getting the S/L. It's around $100 from Amazon but that's always a gamble, they might not even get their copies.

cit74
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
The ARC's for Neil's upcoming book and signed and numbered - I imagine these are going to be very difficult to find - http://www.whosay.com/neilgaiman/photos/288219?wsref=fb&code=Aqd58at

Hi Eric - put me in for one too if you can find a way to acquire some...

cit74
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess Neil tweeted last night that arc were available - I don't use twitter - but if you try and tweet a request to William morrow / Harper Collins and try and get an arc

ELazansky
02-08-2013, 11:53 AM
I wish I could get one of these. I don't "tweet", so I guess I am out of luck. I know he did signed ARCs for Stardust that came with a slipcase. Don't have one of those either. Can't have everything I suppose... :-)

Amazon has been good so far on the S/L copies. I got the most recent Coraline and Stardust S/L from them just fine. I have this one preordered as well, hoping for the best.

Patrick
02-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I guess Neil tweeted last night that arc were available - I don't use twitter - but if you try and tweet a request to William morrow / Harper Collins and try and get an arc
I checked. They say there are none left.

cit74
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
oh well it was worth the try - but that would have been pretty sweet for a signed/numbered arc - probably will have a few turn up on ebay in the future
- my oceans s/l is ordered from amazon as well (their book packaging has been pretty good as of late) - and I will take my chances with the signed oceans from B&N

herbertwest
02-09-2013, 06:53 AM

I've seen his tweet about it the other day, but i thought that i misread ARC... cause ARCs dont usually get signed.

Hopefully this is a good way to compensate the fact that this is his last booktour... i hope that those will be used as "normal" ARCs

becca69
02-09-2013, 04:52 PM
I found a Stardust ARC (not signed) while in a used book store tonight. Any idea what it's worth? It will be getting it signed when I go to the NYC book signing in a few weeks.

cit74
02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I found a Stardust ARC (not signed) while in a used book store tonight. Any idea what it's worth? It will be getting it signed when I go to the NYC book signing in a few weeks.

I couldn't say for the version you have - is it a slipcased version? The really collectible ones are the slipcased version - there were 250 of these - and they were signed and numbered (that version is probably worth close to $1000). Here's a little blurb on that arc:

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2012/01/gaiman-and-goats-gifts-that-keep-on-giving/

Patrick
02-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Cool story. Didn't even know about those.

Lookwhoitis
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
im hunting a

Hill House American Gods S/N LE with matching SC reading copy

AND

a S/N LE Graveyard Book (Subterranean Press)

Hit me up with a pm if you have any to sell!

:biggrin:

mistercrowley
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I bought a copy of the Hill House version of Anansi Boys for 200.00 in like new condition. Is that a good price?

cit74
02-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Cool story. Didn't even know about those.

i am keeping my fingers crossed for that one - since I made several donations to that charity - there were hundreds of books up in the lottery (they raised over 430K for heifer international foundation)

ELazansky
02-10-2013, 04:41 AM
I bought a copy of the Hill House version of Anansi Boys for 200.00 in like new condition. Is that a good price?

I think it is a good price for the book. Did it come with the matching soft-covered matching numbered Notebooks? I think the pair are worth a lot more than just the book itself.

http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.com/books/anansiboys/anansiboys-hillhouse-notebooks.html

becca69
02-10-2013, 07:24 AM

I couldn't say for the version you have - is it a slipcased version? The really collectible ones are the slipcased version - there were 250 of these - and they were signed and numbered (that version is probably worth close to $1000). Here's a little blurb on that arc:

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2012/01/gaiman-and-goats-gifts-that-keep-on-giving/

It's not the slipcased one but it's the same arc as the signed one. I got it for $15. Just wanting a general idea of value.

cit74
02-10-2013, 07:37 AM

I think it is a good price for the book. Did it come with the matching soft-covered matching numbered Notebooks? I think the pair are worth a lot more than just the book itself.

http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.com/books/anansiboys/anansiboys-hillhouse-notebooks.html

I got mine for less but it did not come with the notebook (very few on eBay or Abe's do). There was one seller that had the notebook included (different number though) and they went for $168 and around $190 in two separate auctions (I think the seller is stockerholme? - and they sell a bunch of gaiman s/l - like little ghastly stuff and mirrormask). I asked if they had any more of the notebooks to sell individually and they did not. There are a bunch of buy it now that are around $300 - so $200 is a decent price. Also the ottakkers version includes about 2/3 of the extra material found in the notebook.

becca69
02-10-2013, 07:55 AM
There is a new listing for a limited arc on ebay for $299 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-STARDUST-Special-Advance-Edition-SIGNED-SLIPCASED-NUMBERED-/170988129486?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item27cfafccce

cit74
02-10-2013, 08:20 AM
There is a new listing for a limited arc on ebay for $299 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-STARDUST-Special-Advance-Edition-SIGNED-SLIPCASED-NUMBERED-/170988129486?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item27cfafccce

I know - I just saw that - I was searching to find a decent price point for your arc - it looks like signed first editions of stardust are in the range of $75-150 - but I haven't seen that any sold (I'd check completed listings for that). But I guess the question is are you looking to sell it once signed or just an idea of value for your collection? Since those are two different things.

As for the seller of the stardust arc - they have a ton of rare s/l gaiman - check out their store and search for gaiman. But honestly everything there is WAY overpriced. I have bought many of the books they have, and got them for $100-200 less - and mostly closer to the $200 mark less. They have a neat chap book for $199 - and you can find the same thing on Abe's for between $59-125 - so I wouldn't buy anything from there at those prices. I just bought a hill house AG for $475 - a beautiful copy (included the readers book) - and seller on Abe's wanted $675 - I just emailed him and had a nice conversation - did it through Paypal and brought the price down $200 - which is $200 less than this seller wants. Everything on their storefront can be found cheaper (mostly).

becca69
02-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks! I'm just interested in value for my collection. I had a few Gaiman books but didn't really get into collecting him due to the fact that I have so many other authors and I'm just running out of room and money, haha.

Since I'm going to the signing, I decided to pick up some 1st editions and I ran across that arc last night.

ELazansky
02-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks! I'm just interested in value for my collection. I had a few Gaiman books but didn't really get into collecting him due to the fact that I have so many other authors and I'm just running out of room and money, haha.

Since I'm going to the signing, I decided to pick up some 1st editions and I ran across that arc last night.

I've seen the regular US ARC go for anywhere between 20-100, so it is hard to judge value. I am not an ARC collector, so I couldn't say fpr sure what it is really worth. Neil's signature will add some to it, but his signature is very common. He has signed a TON of books over the years.

As for the limited edition ARC for $299, that doesn't interest me at all. With all of the money I spend on books, I would much rather spend a little extra on a quality production, like the Hill House books, or for SK The Regulators, Eyes of the Dragon, or Skeleton Crew, than I would for a paperback book with a signature page, I used to think I had to have everything. Now, I am looking for really interesting stuff to spend my cash on. Although, I am finding those items few and far between these days.

becca69
02-10-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't usually collect arcs unless I find them for cheap! They're fun to come across.

cit74
02-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Besides the SK s/l these past few weeks - I found great deals on these 3 to round out my gaiman books - so the wallet took a beating - that stardust arc is appealing - but in light of recent expenditures tough to stomach - plus the books I got below were close to $200 less than what that seller wants - so I would not go for them. So it was a rather expensive week - but some great books came in. The screenplay and Melinda were in the same auction from dream haven.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books26_zps88f14fb3.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books24_zps6ddc1a0c.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books20_zpsa7534c33.jpg

As Eric mentioned - and I agree - I'd rather save for the hill house American gods - i will post more detailed pics of these in my thread later today

ELazansky
02-10-2013, 10:35 AM
All wonderful purchases there, Chad. As we mentioned before, A Screenplay is "boring," but definitely a must have in my opinion. And the other two are two of my favorites.

cit74
02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
All wonderful purchases there, Chad. As we mentioned before, A Screenplay is "boring," but definitely a must have in my opinion. And the other two are two of my favorites.

yes a screenplay is mighty boring - i might try reading that with caleb at night to jazz it up a bit...:dance:

swintek
02-12-2013, 08:52 AM

Yeah, I think that's a great price. Pretty close to issue price, I think, which is a bargain to me considering it's rarity- and certainly it's stunning beauty. The Notebook, while nice enough isn't anything mandatory, imo. The book proper is a truly lovely production of a very underrated novel. Some of the other HH books get a bit more "glory" for various reasons, but I think time will prove kinder to AB- both the novel itself, and this particular edition.

Ron

ELazansky
02-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/impossible_monsters

Booknutt
02-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Hello, newbie here. Referred by a member here that I'm currently packing up some Gaiman limited editions for. Saying goodbye to two copies of Biting Dog Press' Murder Mysteries and Snow Glass Apples. They are numbered 42. And a UK slipcase limited of Anansi Boys.

I'll let the member here identify themselves if they wish.

I have a pretty good Gaiman collection. I've sold off a few things here and there due to being out of work for close to three years. But I still have some interesting items including all of the Hill House Editions. I'll have to post pics when I can.

sgc1999
02-14-2013, 08:51 AM
welcome to the site:)
I look forward to seeing some of your collection.
Did you get a chance to introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself" thread?
Hope to see you around. I have a few nice Gaiman books but mostly King ,Joe hill, Ray Bradbury and some others....yes I am an addict http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/eh49er/smileys/Emoticon_digging.gif

Booknutt
02-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Oh, and did I mention I have an ARC of The Ocean at the End of the Lane? ;)

sgc1999
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
sweet!
Cit74 is a huge Gaiman fan too.

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/impossible_monsters

thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:18 AM
sweet!

Yeah - if you haven't guessed it by now - that was me that bought all three of those books from booknutt - so of course I will post them once I receive them and gladly tell of my good interaction with booknutt

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello, newbie here. Referred by a member here that I'm currently packing up some Gaiman limited editions for. Saying goodbye to two copies of Biting Dog Press' Murder Mysteries and Snow Glass Apples. They are numbered 42. And a UK slipcase limited of Anansi Boys.

I'll let the member here identify themselves if they wish.

I have a pretty good Gaiman collection. I've sold off a few things here and there due to being out of work for close to three years. But I still have some interesting items including all of the Hill House Editions. I'll have to post pics when I can.

Welcome as well - look forward to hearing from you and seeing your collection. And I can only say very good things about booknutt - from my few dealings with him (I will take credit for the three new books) - and will happily post pics of them once they arrive.

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:26 AM
sweet!

I might turn Shannon into a fan as well - since I am dropping off the entire Sandman series to him in about 3 weeks - on a short group getaway to Vegas that I have planned over my birthday

ELazansky
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
sweet!

What about me? I'm the one that started this thread...I'm a huge fan...no love at all :-)

ELazansky
02-14-2013, 09:33 AM

thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com

Not sure if I want to spend another 60 bucks just chasing his signature...

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
sweet!

What about me? I'm the one that started this thread...I'm a huge fan...no love at all :-)

:clap:

Is that good? I do appreciate the thread...plus all of my Gaiman questions answered - between you, Simon and Patrick

cit74
02-14-2013, 09:44 AM

I was interested in a few of the other stories/authors in the anthology - so I took the plunge - plus it was only $25 more than the unsigned version - so I can always let you know if it is a worthwhile read and production...I am guessing that these will not sell out before publication and will still be available - if not on sub press site - then at least through camelot for issue price

sgc1999
02-14-2013, 09:52 AM
sweet!

And Elazansky is a HUGE fan as well :doh:

willie3
02-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Would like to talk with you if you are planning to sell this.

Karl

willie3
02-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Huge fan, though my collection is not as 'deep' as others here.

Have all the Hill House pubs, with the Melinda Triptych, Biting Dog's Murder Mysteries (note avatar), and all of his novels 1/1 signed.

Have all the chapbook type pubs signed, one or two from Dreamhaven as others here also purchase from.

Had the pleasure of meeting him in Atlanta many years ago when Sandman was still being published, what a great guy.

Pride is Good Omens signed "Have a great Doomsday" to me.

Karl

Booknutt
02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Nope, hanging on to it for now. Reading it slowly.

herbertwest
02-15-2013, 03:07 AM

I was told that i should be getting one when they were available... so i hope there will be one on its way to the Champs Elysées :)

ELazansky
02-15-2013, 08:05 AM

I was interested in a few of the other stories/authors in the anthology - so I took the plunge - plus it was only $25 more than the unsigned version - so I can always let you know if it is a worthwhile read and production...I am guessing that these will not sell out before publication and will still be available - if not on sub press site - then at least through camelot for issue price

Camelot has it for preorder at $54 - couldn't refuse it at that price.

cit74
02-15-2013, 08:39 AM

Camelot has it for preorder at $54 - couldn't refuse it at that price.

Oh well I gave bill a few more bucks. Teaches me to listen to my own advice and ask kim at camelot first. However, there were no shipping charges (yet?) when I ordered it direct from sub press.

swintek
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
FYI- Subpress has a couple HH items back in stock. Not cheap, but-

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/two_neil_gaiman_rarities_available

cit74
02-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Fortunately I already have both of those - and paid a far bit less as well (thankfully). It is funny since Dream Haven just had both of those in stock and on ebay a little over a week ago - maybe Neil is cleaning house - getting ready for all of his new books that are coming out this year

ELazansky
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM

That's not too bad for A Screenplay if you don't have one. They hardly ever come up for sale or auction.

cit74
02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Also sounds like sub press has multiple copies since in description they say:

"Limited: 500 numbered hardcover copies, signed by Neil. Ours are PC copies"

same with melinda:

The copies offered to us are among among the extra copies produced for Neil Giaman and Dagmara Matusak's private use. They have been signed by Neil.

swintek
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM

That's not too bad for A Screenplay if you don't have one. They hardly ever come up for sale or auction.

I found it interesting that these are PC copies- and that it is mentioned that they "were offered 25 copies". I wonder by whom, and how many pc copies of any of the HH books are out there? Somebody bought all that remaining HH stock. I've always wondered who that was. We know that Dreanhaven and Subpress each bought a bunch of remaining NG stock.. but from whom? And, it keeps trickling in.. I never believed that Peter Schneider (whose wife is Gaiman's long-time editor) intentionally ripped anybody off, but apparently some people were owed money who never got it back (I wasn't one of them- got everything I paid for, thankfully)- I often wonder that even though they ran out of money doing Anansi Boys- why wasn't some of the (apparently considerable) back stock offered to customers owed money? And why is it all so hush-hush, even all these years later? HH was one of the best publishers of fine books that ever was- and one of the most notorious for leaving many people ripped off- It's a fascinating story that never got told.

Ron

swintek
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Also sounds like sub press has multiple copies since in description they say:

"Limited: 500 numbered hardcover copies, signed by Neil. Ours are PC copies"

same with melinda:

The copies offered to us are among among the extra copies produced for Neil Giaman and Dagmara Matusak's private use. They have been signed by Neil.

Lol- I should have read deeper- that explains some of what I was rambling about.

cit74
02-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Gaiman just released the calendar of stories - a little impromptu collection he created based upon suggestions to twelve questions he tweeted out last month - also a large ad for blackberry (the sponsor). Anyway you can read the stories:

http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/assets/desktop/pdf/acot-stories.pdf

Info on the project:
http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/desktop/en/us/ambassador/neil-gaiman.html?CPID=E70C215

ELazansky
02-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Gaiman just released the calendar of stories - a little impromptu collection he created based upon suggestions to twelve questions he tweeted out last month - also a large ad for blackberry (the sponsor). Anyway you can read the stories:

http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/assets/desktop/pdf/acot-stories.pdf

Info on the project:
http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/desktop/en/us/ambassador/neil-gaiman.html?CPID=E70C215

That's really cool - it says there will be a "printed, limited edition of A Calendar of Tales." I'd buy one.

cit74
02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
I just downloaded it into iBooks - but will look out for the printed version - they are in the process of obtaining artwork now - via similar process - online submissions

cit74
02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Quick question - I'm trying to figure out if Neil did indeed sign an anthology I have where he's an editor. The only one I think is close is the larger red one in the middle of the photo. I can't really match it up to any of the other contributors. It's not a perfectly easy one for me to figure out. The tail end and loop of the n looks similar. But the g and Neil not really. Just curious as to others thoughts.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books17_zpsd2c0a47d.jpg

I might still bring this to his book signing tour - and at least get a better sig (but I might feel a little odd if indeed that red one was his)

ELazansky
02-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Quick question - I'm trying to figure out if Neil did indeed sign an anthology I have where he's an editor. The only one I think is close is the larger red one in the middle of the photo. I can't really match it up to any of the other contributors. It's not a perfectly easy one for me to figure out. The tail end and loop of the n looks similar. But the g and Neil not really. Just curious as to others thoughts.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books17_zpsd2c0a47d.jpg

I might still bring this to his book signing tour - and at least get a better sig (but I might feel a little odd if indeed that red one was his)

I don't think it is his -- LIMITED EDITION. Edition is limited to 250 copies. Signed by most of the contributors with the exception of Neil Gaiman and Robert Bloch.

WeDealInLead
02-20-2013, 09:21 AM
I'd buy that calendar. It would look nice next to Making a Chair.

Patrick
02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
I pre-ordered the anthology when it was announced. Too cheap to pass up. Then I ordered a copy of MELINDA from Sub Press the other day.

I wanted to get A SCREENPLAY, but the $500 price tag is too steep for me.

The calendar concept sounds cool. I haven't read any of the stories yet.

cit74
02-21-2013, 07:41 AM
I pre-ordered the anthology when it was announced. Too cheap to pass up. Then I ordered a copy of MELINDA from Sub Press the other day.

I wanted to get A SCREENPLAY, but the $500 price tag is too steep for me.

The calendar concept sounds cool. I haven't read any of the stories yet.

good job with Melinda - a very nice book. I wonder if the Sub Press copy will have the white manilla envelope (that had a color print on it) also - these were numbered as well as the book (or in case of my Tim Lebbon copy - it had his name on the envelope). If so - I stored the book out of envelope (the envelope can start to tear in the corners from rubbing and eventually the metal clasps will break (just keeping the envelope off to the side). Plus I really like the book and will start reading it to my son...

As for a screenplay - I will let you know if I see any up on ebay - I lucked out and got mine 2 weeks ago on auction for less than $200. (plus a second copy of melinda for $100 - couldnt pass up the low price) - so people were not really aware or bidding on these.

cit74
02-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Not sure that this will make a difference to anyone - but the Sub Press copies of A screenplay are not PC copies, but numbered copies - so 25 numbered copies are out there - wonder if someone involved in Hill House was going through an old storage closet:

Update: We thought our copies of A Screenplay were PC copies, and listed them as such on our site. It turns out they're actual numbered copies. We're only accepting orders for another couple of days (or while supplies last) so don't hesitate.

I wonder what they will do after a couple of days with remaining copies?

erxbooks
02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
My understanding is that Dreamhaven bought all of the remaining Hill House stock sometime in the past two years. my guess is that is where these copies are coming from..

cit74
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe Dream Haven will put a few more up for auction - my copy came from them, but I didn't see any up on their site. As an aside here is some info on Neil's signing this weekend at books of wonder in NY - I am guessing this is how the rest of the tour will go for the Ocean at the end of the Lane - I might have to bring Caleb with me too - so I can get an extra book signed...

Neil and Adam will personalize an UNLIMITED number of CHU'S DAY purchased from Books of Wonder and will sign (not personalize), up to TWO other NEWLY purchased books. Please note that if you are unable to attend the event, but purchase any Neil Gaiman books and want them shipped to you, we can get them signed, but not personalized.

*NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will sign (not personalize), ONE beloved book brought from home.

* If a customer does NOT purchase a CHU'S DAY or another title by NEIL GAIMAN or ADAM REX from Books of Wonder, they will have to go into a second signing line that will go AFTER the first signing line is completed. There will be a limit of one book signed per person for this line.

As a cherry on top what is already a sweet Saturday afternoon, NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX would like to show their support for Books of Wonder by pre-signing a special quantity of Limited Edition Chu's Day Posters (which features the book's cover design). These posters will be available to fans both at the event and online for a donation of $15 to Books of Wonder.

We can hardly wait to share this special afternoon with book lovers of all ages. NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will meet and greet fans, and sign all their many wonderful, award-winning titles. Ages 4 and up. Saturday, February 23rd, Beginning at Noon.

cit74
02-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Just got a few more books in this week and wanted to post a couple here. Since I don't think I've seen them up yet in this thread. Both of the Biting Dog press books - both #42 - pretty sweet since Gaiman wrote a biography of Douglas Adams (the meaning of life...). I will put more up in my thread - but here are a couple:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books17_zps5b724630.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books14_zpsf31670be.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books13_zpsc4784c92.jpg

Booknutt
02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Hey! Those look familiar! :biggrin::)

sgc1999
02-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Very cool!

Just got a few more books in this week and wanted to post a couple here. Since I don't think I've seen them up yet in this thread. Both of the Biting Dog press books - both #42 - pretty sweet since Gaiman wrote a biography of Douglas Adams (the meaning of life...). I will put more up in my thread - but here are a couple:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books17_zps5b724630.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books14_zpsf31670be.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/Books13_zpsc4784c92.jpg

Patrick
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
NICE!

Booknutt
02-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Here are pics of The Ocean at the End of the Lane ARC.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dc03b3127ccef2393b8e3c0000000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130223045818716.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dc03b3127ccef238f51f1cba00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130223045817834.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

cit74
02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Here are pics of The Ocean at the End of the Lane ARC.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dc03b3127ccef2393b8e3c0000000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130223045818716.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dc03b3127ccef238f51f1cba00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130223045817834.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Very cool (love the avatar too). So did you finish the book yet? Thoughts?

Booknutt
02-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah, finished it last night. It's a strange quirky story that I'm not sure I understood, but I loved it.

cit74
02-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I guess that'll have to do for now until I read it this summer

becca69
02-24-2013, 07:59 AM
My family and I got to go to the event yesterday. Neil and Adam were so cool. Neil ended up doodling all the books we brought and Adam doodled Chu's Day. We were the last to go thru the signing line before their first break of the day. Neil was excited to see an ARC of Stardust and said it was his favorite cover ever and wished they had used it for the book. I also found out that most of Chu's Day 1st printings were on a ship during Hurricane Sandy and they all got water damaged. I got lucky and managed to find just 3 1st printings in the store. Not sure how many are out there. It would be interesting to know.

I'll post some photos later today - my son has a tennis tournament.

cit74
02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
My family and I got to go to the event yesterday. Neil and Adam were so cool. Neil ended up doodling all the books we brought and Adam doodled Chu's Day. We were the last to go thru the signing line before their first break of the day. Neil was excited to see an ARC of Stardust and said it was his favorite cover ever and wished they had used it for the book. I also found out that most of Chu's Day 1st printings were on a ship during Hurricane Sandy and they all got water damaged. I got lucky and managed to find just 3 1st printings in the store. Not sure how many are out there. It would be interesting to know.

I'll post some photos later today - my son has a tennis tournament.

Very cool - glad you were able to make it - how many books were you able to get signed? Look forward to the pics.

becca69
02-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Here are some of the pics from the store. I still have to take some of the signatures. He signed 3 copies of Chu's Day, Coraline, Stardust ARC, Stardust Gift, The Dangerous Alphabet, Anansi Boys and Fragile Things for us.

Me and Jacob sitting around Books of Wonder-
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/photo.jpg

Neil and Adam during reading-
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/NeilAdam.jpg

Signing-
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/NeilGaiman.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/NeilGaimanFamily2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/NeilGaimanFamily.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/NeilGaimanJacob.jpg

Coulrophobia
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Here are some of the pics from the store. I still have to take some of the signatures. He signed 3 copies of Chu's Day, Coraline, Stardust ARC, Stardust Gift, The Dangerous Alphabet, Anansi Boys and Fragile Things for us.

Are the sticky notes so the author knows who to sign it to?

becca69
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM

Yep. If you wanted anything personalized, they put a sticky note on it. He was not going to personalize anything but Chu's Day but when he arrived he announced that he would personalize anything you wanted. My son got two things personalized and Neil drew a big mouse on the copy of Coraline for him.

ELazansky
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Looks like you had a wonderful day at the signing. Congrats!

Coulrophobia
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM

Yep. If you wanted anything personalized, they put a sticky note on it. He was not going to personalize anything but Chu's Day but when he arrived he announced that he would personalize anything you wanted. My son got two things personalized and Neil drew a big mouse on the copy of Coraline for him.

That is nice, and a great memory for all. I like that they had the name right there so the author does not have to ask, and you do not have to spell it out. Makes for a faster line.

Booknutt
02-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Nice! :drool:

cit74
02-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Looks like a fun day

mikeC
02-25-2013, 07:33 AM
The wall of artwork at that place looks awesome.

becca69
02-25-2013, 08:19 AM
The wall of artwork at that place looks awesome.

It's a really cool store. If you're in NYC, make sure to stop by. They specialize in old OZ book and art but have everything (kids & teens). They always have a huge signed book selection on the shelves for list price. You can order online too.

becca69
02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Here are the books that were signed...

Coraline US 1/1:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/Coraline_sigdoodle.jpg

Stardust Gift 1/1:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/StardustGift_sig.jpg

Stardust ARC (he ran out of ink and finished the signature with a different color pen):
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/StardustARC_sig.jpg

Fragile Things 1/1:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/FragileThings_sig.jpg

Anansi Boys 1/1:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/AnansiBoys_sig.jpg

The Dangerous Alphabet signed by Gris Grimly:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/DangerousAlphabet_sig.jpg

Chu's Day 1st Printings which are very rare because of the Hurricane Sandy damage to most of them:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/Chu1_sig.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Neil%20Gaiman%20signing/Chu2_sig.jpg

becca69
02-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I just realized that the books my husband got signed didn't have any doodles... guess I should have given everything to my son ;)

mikeC
02-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Those are great. Thanks for the info. I have a a lot more interest in him after hearing his speech in philly last year. I loved anansai boys and just started American Gods.
He seems really personable for how popular he is.

cit74
02-25-2013, 08:28 AM
so did each of you buy a chu's day and thus get an extra 2 books signed? Just so I know if I need to bring my 4 year old with me (I most likely will -and maybe even older daughter) when Neil comes to town to get 4 more books signed? Did you have to buy those extra books there? Or just bring them from home? Can you tell that I have never been to one of these before...and again it looked like a wonderful time.

becca69
02-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Neil and Adam were both very funny and took their time with each person. I preordered 3 copies of Chu's Day from Books of Wonder so we could each go thru the signing line. You didn't have to buy anything from the store but if you didn't, you had to wait until everyone who had went thru. They started at 12:30 with a reading and it was almost 9pm before the paying customers were done.

They said unlimited Chu's Day would be signed, up to two other purchased copies and 1 from home for each person. They didn't really count them at all, you just handed them the ticket and got in line. They weren't checking which were purchased at the store and from home. Neil wanted people to support the store though. That's why they do these things.

Patrick
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I loved hearing your story and seeing all the pics, Becca! Wish I could have been there!

The funny thing is how they have a name placard for the author. If you need to ask, you shouldn't be in line!

becca69
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I loved hearing your story and seeing all the pics, Becca! Wish I could have been there!

The funny thing is how they have a name placard for the author. If you need to ask, you shouldn't be in line!

Hi Patrick. And yes, I found that quite funny myself!

ELazansky
02-27-2013, 09:51 AM
My newest Gaiman addition - Dark Detectives (S/L 100 Copies)

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/DarkDetectives_zps238e593e.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/DarkDetectives-LimPage_zps4588bc46.jpg

Coulrophobia
02-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats!!! A very nice addition, and very stunning visual presentation.

cit74
02-27-2013, 11:46 AM
very nice

swintek
02-28-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Dark Detectives: Nice! That's one of my favorite books (I just have the trade), both in form and content. A GREAT collection of stories (Kim Neman's "Seven Stars" cycle is great fun), and just a beautifully designed and illustrated package. Same for F & B's "Innsmouth" books (a new one coming in the fall!). SO glad they are back on track and publishing again. Now that Arkham House (and Golden Gryphon as well) seem to be dormant- F & B fill that particular vibe just fine.

Ron

Coulrophobia
02-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I thought maybe someone might be interested in this I noticed it a few minutes ago.

Neil Gaiman - The Rhyme Maidens - Folio edition of only 50 worldwide - mint
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-The-Rhyme-Maidens-Folio-edition-of-only-50-worldwide-mint-/200902200271?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item2ec6b44bcf

cit74
02-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I thought maybe someone might be interested in this I noticed it a few minutes ago.

Neil Gaiman - The Rhyme Maidens - Folio edition of only 50 worldwide - mint
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-The-Rhyme-Maidens-Folio-edition-of-only-50-worldwide-mint-/200902200271?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item2ec6b44bcf

Shameless plug for simon - he has one as well - a bit less right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Neil-Gaiman-signed-limited-1-of-50-total-The-rhyme-maidens-mint-/121074398097?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1c3098b391

I already have one of the regular sheets - no need for the big expensive folio edition for me - I was much happier to spend less and get the other two biting dog press gaiman books

sgc1999
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
thanks chad:)
If anyone here wants it I will sell it for $300 gift.

Patrick
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Those are nice. I have no copies of any of the editions, but the price range of the folios is just a bit high for me. Good luck with the sale, they look great!

Eric, congrats the DARK DETECTIVES. I have that S/L as well, I really like the presentation a lot.

cit74
03-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Those are nice. I have no copies of any of the editions, but the price range of the folios is just a bit high for me. Good luck with the sale, they look great!

Eric, congrats the DARK DETECTIVES. I have that S/L as well, I really like the presentation a lot.

It is a nice poem and print - you can find just the single sheet (I think there were 250 or so) for around $70-80 if you really want. I think bad moon books still has a few

cit74
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Bookmint is selling 5 of the rhyme maidens - only $55 each - pretty darn cheap (original sale price was $85)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-RHYME-MAIDENS-BIN-55-special-celebratory-price-free-shipping-/200902745072?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item2ec6bc9bf0

ELazansky
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Some new Gaiman signed goodies - none of these are his books, but they are limiteds signed by him:

Nameless Sins (500 copies - possibly the worst Gaiman signature I've ever seen):
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/NamelessSins_zpscfdbd4fe.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/NamelessSins-LimPage_zpsbc4cb0d8.jpg

Spares (500 copies)
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Spares_zps902f8ccf.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Spares-LimPage_zps526e7993.jpg

The Eye of the Tyger (unnumbered)
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/TheEyeoftheTyger_zpsb09523d2.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/TheEyeoftheTyger-LimPage_zps230b7c42.jpg

Coulrophobia
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Very nice acquisitions!! Congrats!!

ELazansky
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
My fellow Gaiman collectors:

I am trying to put together a listing of Gaiman signed/limited editions. The list below is made of mostly of books I own, along with others that I am aware of. These are the qualifiers for the list

1) I am not listing numbered and lettered editions separate. I don't collect lettered editions.
2) I am not listing signed comics, prints, posters, broadsides, CD's, etc. Only interested in actual books.

If anyone has anything to add to this list, or if you see anything I have listed in error, please let me know. Don't reply to the post so the list won't keep showing up numerous times. Just post your reply and I will update the list accordingly. Thanks!

Year Title Publisher Limitation Size
1990 More Tales from the Forbidden Planet Titan ???
1993 Angels and Visitations Dreamhaven Books 400
1994 Nameless Sins (Nancy Collins) Gauntlet 500
1996 Neverwhere BBC Books 500 (bookplate)
1997 Violent Cases Kitchen Sink Press 1000
1997 Comic Book Rebels Donald Fine, Inc. 750
1998 Spares (Michael Marshall Smith) Overlook 500
1999 Stardust (ARC) Avon Books 250
1999 999 Cemetery Dance 500
1999 Dark Detectives Fedogan & Bremer 100
2000 Strange Attraction Shadowlands Press 500
2001 American Gods (Trade w/Sig Page) William Morrow 5000 (unnumbered)
2001 Murder Mysteries Biting Dog Press 250
2002 Adventures in the Dream Trade NESFA 2000
2002 Coraline (Diamond Edition) Harper Collins 177
2002 Snow, Glass, Apples Biting Dog Press 250
2002 Keep Out the Night Del Rey 100
2002 Shelf Life Dreamhaven Books 1000
2003 American Gods Hill House 750
2003 Doctor Who:The Eye of the Tyger (Paul McAuley) Telos ???
2003 Legends II Del Rey 500
2003 Thackery T.Lambshead Pocket Guide Night Shade Books 650 (unnumbered)
2004 Melinda Hill House 1000
2004 A Screenplay Hill House 500
2004 Hanging Out With the Dream King Fantagraphics 1100
2005 Anansi Boys (Ottakar's Edition) Headline 1500
2005 Anansi Boys (Trade w/Sig Page) William Morrow ???
2005 Taverns of the Dead Cemetery Dance 400
2006 Cinema Macabre PS Publishing 500
2006 Shrouded by Darkness Telos 200
2007 Anansi Boys Hill House 750
2007 Coraline Sub Press 1000
2007 M is for Magic Sub Press 1000
2007 MirrorMask Sub Press 500
2008 The Graveyard Book Bloomsbury Pub 1500
2008 Interworld Sub Press 500
2009 The Graveyard Book Sub Press 500
2009 Songs of the Dying Earth Sub Press 500
2010 Neverwhere William Morrow 1000
2010 The Machineries of Joy (Ray Bradbury) PS Publishing 100
2010 Brighton Shock! PS Publishing 100
2010 Stories The Mysterious Bookshop 250
2010 The Very Best of Best New Horror Earthling Pub 200
2011 A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff Borderlands Press 500
2011 The Big Book of Necon Cemetery Dance 150
2011 Fables from the Fountain NewCon Press 200
2012 American Gods Easton Press ???
2012 Coraline (10th Anniversary) Bloomsbury Pub 2250
2012 Stardust William Morrow 2000
2012 Shadow Show Borderlands Press 500
2013 The Ocean at the End of the Lane (ARC) William Morrow 500

Patrick
03-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Chad. $30 below original publisher's price and including Priority Shipping? I bought one!

Eric, nice additions to your Gaiman sig collection. I've never even heard of those books.

Eric, great list. Thanks for putting that together.

cit74
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Eric - great books and list. It looks pretty complete (although its late and I'm tired). I'll take another look tomorrow - but I can't think to add. Are we counting upcoming books?

Sub press will have s/l of smoke and mirrors - 2013?- 500
CD also will have an anthology called smoke and mirrors (I know pretty original) - with gaiman and hill, etc. - 2013?-400
Sub press - impossible monsters - July 2013 - 250 (sold out on their site)
Ps publishing - keep out the night - 2007 - 100 s/l slipcased - not sure if it was just signed by jones or all contributors - there was a 500 limited run signed by jones - so I assume the 100 run was signed by all - ill ask kim at camelot about that.

cit74
03-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Keep out the night was 2002 - and the 100 copy s/l - signed by all

Looks like the uk graveyard book had a run of 1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-SIGNED-THE-GRAVEYARD-BOOK-NEIL-GAIMAN-1st-FIRST-SLIPCASED-LIMITED-EDITION-/380587338604?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item589cc5eb6c

ELazansky
03-05-2013, 03:35 AM
I added Keep Out the Night and updated the run for The Graveyard Book.

I didn't want to add the "to be published" books until they were actually released. For 2013 so far, we have scheduled:

Impossible Monsters Sub Press 2013 250
The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Trade w/Sig Page) William Morrow 2013 ???
The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Deluxe Signed) William Morrow 2013 2000

We may also have in 2013:
Smoke and Mirrors Cemetery Dance 2013 400

And sometime this decade...
Smoke and Mirrors Sub Press 2013? 500

Would it be easier to re-sort the list by year instead of by title?

cit74
03-05-2013, 06:39 AM
I think I like by year a little better - easier to see the progression

ELazansky
03-05-2013, 07:02 AM
I changed the list to chronological

ELazansky
03-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Here is More Tales From the Forbidden Planet - the story is that there were three signature sheets, but one set of the sheets got lost in the mail. So the two remaining sheets were included with the book, but they were not bound into the book.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/MoreTalesFromtheForbiddenPlanet_zpsf8223d17.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/MoreTalesFromtheForbiddenPlanet-LimPage_zps5daced2e.jpg

Coulrophobia
03-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Beautiful Book! It is amazing we have so much technology to watch, track, locate, deliver, but things still just get lost with no explanation.

cit74
03-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Very nice - so who's signatures are missing then? Just curious.

ELazansky
03-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Very nice - so who's signatures are missing then? Just curious.

"Two signed slips - signed by the authors and illustrators of each story and Roz Kaveney. The signed authors are Steve Yeowell, Larry Niven, Dave Langford, John Clute, Mary Gentle, Ian Watson, Mick Farren, Jamie Delano, R. M. Lamming, Neil Gaiman. Other stories are by Terry Pratchett, Rachel Pollack, Colin Greenland,John Sladek and Anne Nocenti. (Their signatures were lost)."

cit74
03-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Shame that they lost pratchett's sig

ELazansky
03-13-2013, 04:44 AM
Hanging Out With the Dream King - 1100 signed copies on a bookplate:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/HangingOutWiththeDreamKing_zps69436305.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/HangingOutWiththeDreamKing-LimPage_zps8826f2ff.jpg

Coulrophobia
03-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Congrats!!! Very nice!

ELazansky
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Comic Book Rebels (S/L 750 copies) - a Who's Who of comic book legends from the 80's and 90's. Wonder why McFarlane was too busy to sign...

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/ComicBookRebels_zps2f9395ba.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/ComicBookRebels-LimPage_zpsf281307f.jpg

cit74
03-13-2013, 09:06 AM
I would guess because his name was between Moore and Gaiman - there is/was just a bit of bad blood between that trio...just look at miracleman history

swintek
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Ooooh, neat! Always wanted one of those Comic Book Rebels' limiteds. Those are not that common. Been (very) casually looking for a deal on a copy for about.... 20 years. Neat book- thanks for sharing.

Patrick
03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
That's cool. How many copies of that signed edition were there?

cit74
03-18-2013, 08:51 PM
That's cool. How many copies of that signed edition were there?

Looks like 750

Booknutt
03-21-2013, 06:52 AM
A couple of Gaiman auctions that I have up on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221204525725?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221204525863?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Booknutt
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
I'm also thinking about selling my Hill House editions. Not sure yet, but putting feelers out. What does everyone think a fair price would be for a complete matching set with all the extras?

ELazansky
03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm also thinking about selling my Hill House editions. Not sure yet, but putting feelers out. What does everyone think a fair price would be for a complete matching set with all the extras?

What makes up your set? American Gods w/Reader Copy, Anansi Boys w/Notebook, Melinda, and A Screenplay?

Booknutt
03-21-2013, 07:55 AM
American Gods with the reader's copy. The Christmas story. Melinda. A Screenplay. Anansi Boys limited including the notebook of Gaiman's notes, special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase (The slipcase on this may be unique. I was communicating with the Hill House owner and he mentioned a slipcase he was working on to hold the book in its slipcase plus the bonus chapbook of Gaiman's notes. He wanted my opinion on it and sent me one. It's essentially a double slipcase. Shortly afterwards they went under. So as far as I know these were never offered to anyone else.) and also I also have the matching number for Neverwhere.

Booknutt
03-21-2013, 08:05 AM
And they are low numbered. 47.

ELazansky
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
American Gods with the reader's copy. The Christmas story. Melinda. A Screenplay. Anansi Boys limited including the notebook of Gaiman's notes, special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase (The slipcase on this may be unique. I was communicating with the Hill House owner and he mentioned a slipcase he was working on to hold the book in its slipcase plus the bonus chapbook of Gaiman's notes. He wanted my opinion on it and sent me one. It's essentially a double slipcase. Shortly afterwards they went under. So as far as I know these were never offered to anyone else.) and also I also have the matching number for Neverwhere.

Wow, that's quite a set. I think the issue might be finding a collector who didn't have any of those items and wanted to buy the whole lot at once. Some of those pieces I'd like to have, but others I already own. Plus for me, matching numbers don't mean much, but to have the complete Hill House set matched, well that has to add value.

I've seen current copies of AG and AB selling for around $300, but the extras are usually not included. Melinda is around $150, and Neverwhere is maybe $150-200. A Screenplay is maybe 300-400 (I know Chad paid less for his recently). The other items never come up for sale, so I couldn't say what the value is. So maybe the whole lot together would be around $1750-$2250. Hard to come up with a good value for all of them together. Again, I think finding the buyer who either doesn't have any of these items, or someone who does have some but would sell them off and buy your set would be tough. Its not like Martins A Song of Ice and Fire books. Folks are paying over 10,000 for matching sets.

If it were me, and I had the set, I would never sell it :-)

Booknutt
03-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah, not sure if I want to part with them either. But having been out of work for 3+ years can make one reconsider.
I wish my set of Martin's book went for that much! My matching set of the 1st 4 books went recently for $3600.

ELazansky
03-21-2013, 08:36 AM
My number of 10k was a little off. I think I was reading of someone trying to sell a lettered complete set. 3600 for the first 4 is a good value. Not to hijack the Gaiman thread, but here is some data on Martin sets from the Westeros message board:

September 2011 – full set of books went for $5300 on eBay
Early 2012 – numbered GoT for $1,300 off eBay
April 2012 – GoT #40 went for $1625 on eBay
April 2012 – Storm + Feast only with no rights went for $3050 on ebay:
May 2012 – Full set with rights went for $4,550
May 2012 – First four books with NO rights went for $3551
May 2012 - First three books only went for $2,850 OFF eBay
May 2012 – GoT #116 went for $2100 on eBay
May 2012 – Full set with rights went for $5100
June 2012 - First three books only + bookmarks for $2132 on eBay
June 2012 – First four books with no rights for $4000:

I hate it that you are forced into selling off some of these amazing sets.

cit74
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree with Eric - it would be tough to sell of the entire set - most collectors have some or all. Your set is amazing - the double slipcase is very rare, not to mention all of the extras. If I did not have the Hill House set already I would offer to buy it. As it is the ones I really wanted/needed - were the Biting Dog Press books (thank you btw). I can only think of one person here who might be interested and that is Simon, however he just picked up a few of the Hill House books recently (and he is not a huge Gaiman collector).

I recently purchased A screenplay, AG with readers copy, and Anansi Boys with matching numbered notebook - and three of these were all the same number as well - and I only paid $500 for all of them - total (that was this past week) - (sorry Eric). That being said I will probably be selling one or two of my other copies here - at my cost (so fairly inexpensive).

Most recently a copy of AG without the readers copy, but with a signed 10th anniversary copy of AG sold for $225; and Anansi Boys with notebook went for $108 (Simon got a great deal). These were both auctioned by Greg at Dreamhaven - he has another set of both of these up again ending this monday - so that can give you another idea of value.

Sub press - has copies of a screenplay for $500 and Melinda for $200 on their site

So by my math and what has sold recently - the $1750 mark might be a bit high - especially if people are looking for a deal. You might have better luck selling individually if you cannot get interest in the entire set.

Sorry - gotta run and get my son from daycare - but would be interested in others thoughts

ELazansky
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
I recently purchased A screenplay, AG with readers copy, and Anansi Boys with matching numbered notebook - and three of these were all the same number as well - and I only paid $500 for all of them - total (that was this past week) - (sorry Eric).

I never get upset over the prices I paid for books, especially if it was a year or two ago. In 2011, when I bought the Hill House books, I wanted the books and was happy to pay the prices I did. And when fellow collectors are able to acquire those same books today, even if they paid less, I am thrilled for them.

herbertwest
03-23-2013, 05:17 AM
New short story in THE GUARDIAN
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/mar/22/down-sunless-sea-neil-gaiman-short-story

cit74
03-23-2013, 06:59 AM
New short story in THE GUARDIAN
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/mar/22/down-sunless-sea-neil-gaiman-short-story

Thanks for the link - I liked the short story

herbertwest
03-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Signed copies of THE OCEAN... for $26! >>> http://www.portersquarebooks.com/pre-order-signed-copy-ocean-end-lane

Unfortunately, no international shipping... so if someone can help me out... >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?10659-International-purchasing-and-shipping-help-Members-assist-each-other&p=765695&viewfull=1#post765695

Lookwhoitis
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Signed copies of THE OCEAN... for $26! >>> http://www.portersquarebooks.com/pre-order-signed-copy-ocean-end-lane

Unfortunately, no international shipping... so if someone can help me out... >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?10659-International-purchasing-and-shipping-help-Members-assist-each-other&p=765695&viewfull=1#post765695

pm sent...

herbertwest
03-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks, but another member offered to help me prior to you, and i went with him. Thanks though!

ELazansky
03-24-2013, 03:45 AM

Barnes and Noble is pre-selling them for 17.67 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-ocean-at-the-end-of-the-lane-gaiman-neil/1114796840?ean=9780062280213

WeDealInLead
03-24-2013, 08:11 AM

Barnes and Noble is pre-selling them for 17.67 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-ocean-at-the-end-of-the-lane-gaiman-neil/1114796840?ean=9780062280213

Thanks a lot for the link. The book came to $25 with shipping included to Canada. Incredible.

ELazansky
03-24-2013, 09:01 AM

Thanks a lot for the link. The book came to $25 with shipping included to Canada. Incredible.

You're welcome. :)

mistercrowley
03-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Looking for Hill House editions of Gaiman's work.

ELazansky
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Looking for Hill House editions of Gaiman's work.

Booknutt may want to sell his complete matched numbered set of Hill House editions - see post 433 and 435

mistercrowley
03-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Already asked. He's hanging onto them for now

erxbooks
03-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Try contacting Greg at Dreamhaven books
http://www.dreamhavenbooks.com/

Booknutt
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Already asked. He's hanging onto them for now

I'm always willing to hear offers. ;)

Clacke
03-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Goldsboro Books will have the UK EXCLUSIVE slipcase edition of Ocean at the End of the Lane. Signed and numbered - 500 copies.

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/ocean-at-the-end-of-the-lane---exclusive-limited-edition---july-book-of-the-month-3616.html

cit74
03-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Goldsboro just announced they are releasing a s/l (500 copies) of ocean at th end of the lane - £30. This is their July book of the month - so there won't be many extra copies (just like wool was). This is the uk edition that will have the boy on the cover (US has the girl). Their email states - We will also have the UK exclusive slipcase edition. Our copies will be signed by Neil on his UK tour and won't be on tipped-in pages.

So who's buying this? Here's the link:

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/ocean-at-the-end-of-the-lane---exclusive-limited-edition---july-book-of-the-month-3616.html

ELazansky
03-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Goldsboro Books will have the UK EXCLUSIVE slipcase edition of Ocean at the End of the Lane. Signed and numbered - 500 copies.

Goldsboro just announced they are releasing a s/l (500 copies) of ocean at th end of the lane - £30. This is their July book of the month - so there won't be many extra copies (just like wool was). This is the uk edition that will have the boy on the cover (US has the girl). Their email states - We will also have the UK exclusive slipcase edition. Our copies will be signed by Neil on his UK tour and won't be on tipped-in pages.

So who's buying this? Here's the link:

Thanks to both of you for the heads up - got mine ordered

cit74
03-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Sorry - I forgot to add the 15% off coupon code - use award2012 - that's still good through tomorrow - I missed that on my first read through the email (I did get one).

cit74
03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
I have an extra copy of HH Anansi boys that I am looking to sell. PM an offer and I can send you some pics.

Booknutt
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
I got an ARC of the new Gaiman/Reeves squeal to Interworld in the mail today. I'll post pics later.

Joe315
03-30-2013, 11:57 PM

Looks like this now limited to 700 copies.

Joe315
03-31-2013, 12:00 AM
US limited:

http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Lane-Deluxe-Signed-Edition/dp/0062265083/ref=tmm_hrd_title_1

WeDealInLead
03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
For the first time in the history of everything ever, a S/L book is cheaper for Canadians than Americans. Amazon.ca has this book for $106.

cit74
03-31-2013, 06:24 PM
For the first time in the history of everything ever, a S/L book is cheaper for Canadians than Americans. Amazon.ca has this book for $106.

It was only $94 (plus tax) way back when (when I ordered it back in Oct) - I do like the cut out slipcase - if that is the real cover. Much better than the stardust slipcase/cover.

Booknutt
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Here's the ARC of the new Interworld novel. Gaiman, with Michael Reeves.
i was supposed to get an ARC of the anthology Gaiman is editing, Unatural Creatures, also. But my rep ran out before he got me one. Bummer...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da20b3127ccef297beaaad5b00000030O12QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130401185919964.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Booknutt
04-02-2013, 12:25 PM
The tour info is out! And yay! Atlanta is on it. http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2013/04/ocean-at-end-of-lane-us-tour-dates.html

cit74
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
The tour info is out! And yay! Atlanta is on it. http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2013/04/ocean-at-end-of-lane-us-tour-dates.html

Thanks for the update - just requested the 28th of June off - since he will be in SF - here is some of the fine print:

"Copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane must be purchased from us via your ticket, in the store, by phone, by our website, and/or at the event. No exceptions.

You may have as many copies of Ocean signed by Neil as you wish.

We are not able to accommodate dealers.

You may have one other book signed; you may bring that book from home or purchase one from us at the event. ONE other book; no exceptions!

Everyone present with books to be signed will be accommodated.

You are welcome to take candid photos during the signing time, and we'll have plenty of people to help if you'd like us to take your camera or phone and snap a picture of you as your book is signed. Neil requests NO posed photos, no flash, and no personal video. Please respect his wishes."

So I am guessing I will not be able to get 23 books signed - like Hugh signed for me? Guess I will have to bring my wife just to get two books signed. I will have to ask everyone's opinion here which book (s) to get signed...:eek:

ELazansky
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
I will have to ask everyone's opinion here which book (s) to get signed...:eek:

I would go with something that you don't see that much, like maybe Good Omens or Smoke and Mirrors.

cit74
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
I will have to ask everyone's opinion here which book (s) to get signed...:eek:

I would go with something that you don't see that much, like maybe Good Omens or Smoke and Mirrors.

One will be my copy of So now we are sick. There were only 250 of the signed/HC copies (and Neil did not originally sign them - so there are very few with his signature). I don't have a first of Good Omens or Smoke and mirrors (although hopefully I will be getting a signed Good Omens in the near future).

For the second book it might come down to the graveyard book or odd and the frost giants - I have firsts of both. And was planning on getting it inscribed to my son Caleb...I am leaning towards the graveyard book. Although I have seen some later printings of Good Omens signed just by Terry Pratchett and was thinking of getting one of those and then have Neil sign that

tippy4
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
http://livetalksla.org/blog/2013/04/...h-neil-gaiman/

WeDealInLead
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I might go to the reading in Ann Arbor, MI. Cheapest tickets are $30 but the price includes a signed copy of the new book so it's that's not really bad at all. Plus he'll sign one other book. I might take Neverwhere to have it inscribed.

cit74
04-03-2013, 08:10 PM
I might go to the reading in Ann Arbor, MI. Cheapest tickets are $30 but the price includes a signed copy of the new book so it's that's not really bad at all. Plus he'll sign one other book. I might take Neverwhere to have it inscribed.

SF is a bit more expensive, damn city. I paid $68 for two tickets and one book (but I can get two extra books signed). I think a single ticket and book was around $40.

WeDealInLead
04-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Ann Arbor tickets are 30, 45 and 60. Not sure what the deluxe tcket gets you but each gets you a book + another book signed.

Booknutt
04-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Ummm. Trying to decide what to get signed besides Ocean. Most likely getting my copy of Ghastly Beyond Belief signed. But I need to figure out the other.

And I'm going to have two extra signed copies of Ocean if anyone is interested.

cit74
04-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Ummm. Trying to decide what to get signed besides Ocean. Most likely getting my copy of Ghastly Beyond Belief signed. But I need to figure out the other.

So what other books is it between...to have signed

cit74
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Finally took a picture of these - got them a few weeks back - they are very detailed, heavy and extremely nice (plus I was able to get them below their issue price)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/SandmanBookends1_zpse4dd141f.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/SandmanBookends3_zps68c4b839.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/SandmanBookends2_zps695072c0.jpg

cit74
04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Here is my awesome Gaiman deal of the day - saw a copy of Good Omens for $5 last week - and took a chance (listed at good condition) - well it was a first edition/first printing (not a BCE) in pretty good shape for a 23 year old book - so I was very happy...needless to say this one will be getting signed in June :)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens8_zpsae9900a4.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens6_zpsd161318e.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens5_zps4a091fb4.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens4_zps593b6126.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens3_zps4941c19d.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/Gaiman/NGOmens1_zps3bd33bdd.jpg

Booknutt
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM

So what other books is it between...to have signed

It's down between:
The Graveyard Book ARC
Good Omens HC or ARC
Stardust ARC (somehow I have the slipcased ARC but mine wasn't signed.)
Neverwhere UK HC.

Booknutt
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Those bookends are nice. I really want the anniversary ones.

swintek
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Cit74: Nice bookends! You've got my curiosity piqued- what are the two books to the left of your ANASI BOYS- the ones without anything on the spines?

Also: Ooohhh you've got a Centipede IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW. Very nice- really pining for a copy of that. A little steep for me (I only shell out premium $ for a select, small number of authors- have to draw the line somewhere!).

Ron

cit74
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Cit74: Nice bookends! You've got my curiosity piqued- what are the two books to the left of your ANASI BOYS- the ones without anything on the spines?

Also: Ooohhh you've got a Centipede IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW. Very nice- really pining for a copy of that. A little steep for me (I only shell out premium $ for a select, small number of authors- have to draw the line somewhere!).

Ron

As for the books in question - I would have to thank Booknutt for those - they are the two Gaiman Biting Dog Press books: Snow, Glass, Apples and Murder Mysteries - they are really beautiful books - if you check out my collection - the last page has some more detailed pics for both of them (post #182 & 183). I keep searching ebay for any deals of some other biting dog books - and I found one yesterday - a lettered transformed mouse by Ketchum & George Walker that looked really neat (and I got it for a great price) - so I should get that posted next week.

cit74
04-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Shout out to Booknutt again - for peaking my interest to the anniversary sandman bookends. I did a little search and found out they are doing a reissue of the ones with Dream and Death - due out in August (retail $200) - but you can pre-order it from things from another world (by 6 may) or tales of wonder (by 25 april) for $159 - they do look pretty sweet.

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Vertigo-Sandman-%7Cand%7C-Death-Bookends-2nd-Edition___425624

I know I will take some crap from Steph when these show up...

sgc1999
04-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Holy cow!
that Omens is a great book to have. They are skyrocketing in value. Now to get it signed:)

Booknutt
04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Here is my Gaiman bookshelf (Or The Shrine as my Wife calls it.)
One day I'll get around to posting more detailed photos in a collection thread.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef2818cb87c5a00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011400621.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef28085bd9dbf00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011400148.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef280a618dd9300000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011423325.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

cit74
04-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Here is my Gaiman bookshelf (Or The Shrine as my Wife calls it.)
One day I'll get around to posting more detailed photos in a collection thread.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef2818cb87c5a00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011400621.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef28085bd9dbf00000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011400148.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3da31b3127ccef280a618dd9300000030O02QYuGzRy4Yg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00100890468120130411011423325.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Oh - that is just a tease - definitely need to start your own collection thread - I know I do not have all of those (but I cant tell what they all are :)) - more pics when you get some time

cit74
04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
If anyone is looking for a copy of 1st/1st Good omens to grab - there is one on ebay now for $55 - BIN - in pretty nice shape - I was going to grab that one - if the one I just got turned out to be a BCE - would be a nice book to get signed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300887057292&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1314

ELazansky
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Just got this email today - I know Neil is only writing the intro, but the S/L editions will most likely only be offered during the Kickstarter campaign...I ordered a limited at $125

THE HOGBEN CHRONICLES
edited by Pierce Watters and F. Paul Wilson
Introduction by Neil Gaiman
with Art by Steve Parkhouse

The editors and Mr. Gaiman have agreed to sign 600 copies of the various editions.

Beginning today, Borderlands Press is celebrating its first project with Kickstarter! We would like to give you a chance to participate before we advertise to the general public on April 13th.
Thanks you for all your support over the years. This one will be something you will treasure.

Our book is a celebration of a superbly talented writer, highlighting some of the most unique and memorable tales in the SF/fantasy genres. He died WAY too young at the age of 43, and we’ve made sure to gain the full cooperation of the Kuttner estate so that his heirs will share in the proceeds.

He was a very special writer. Here's what Alan Moore (From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman) says of him:

"Henry Kuttner was one of fantasy and science fiction's most accomplished and intelligent voices, as well as one of its least celebrated. His Hogben family stories are among the most original and certainly the funniest works in the genre, and to have them all finally collected in one volume is nothing short of a dream come true for genuine devotees of imaginative literature. Read this at once, and if you've read it already, then read it again. A masterpiece."

—Alan Moore

To learn more, click this link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/195826489/the-hogben-chronicles-of-henry-kuttner

WeDealInLead
04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Here's what I think I'll bring to the signing: American Gods, Neverwhere, Fragile Things, Smoke and Mirrors, Anansi Boys. It's going to be my wife and me so that disqualifies one book from the list. I'll ask nicely to have him sign an extra book or I'll go to the back of the line. I only have Smoke & Mirrors so I have some shopping around to do. I'll stick to US editions only.

I'm on the fence about Good Omens. It did nothing for me but with the five books I listed + the new one, I feel it would add to the solid foundation of a possibly expanding Gaiman collection.

cit74
04-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Here's what I think I'll bring to the signing: American Gods, Neverwhere, Fragile Things, Smoke and Mirrors, Anansi Boys. It's going to be my wife and me so that disqualifies one book from the list. I'll ask nicely to have him sign an extra book or I'll go to the back of the line. I only have Smoke & Mirrors so I have some shopping around to do. I'll stick to US editions only.

I'm on the fence about Good Omens. It did nothing for me but with the five books I listed + the new one, I feel it would add to the solid foundation of a possibly expanding Gaiman collection.

People will have to let us know how many extra books he signs - the info from the tour says just one other book - bought at signing or from home in addition to the ocean at end of lane - i will be bring 4 books too (me an my wife) hoping to get them all signed.

cit74
04-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Just got this email today - I know Neil is only writing the intro, but the S/L editions will most likely only be offered during the Kickstarter campaign...I ordered a limited at $125

THE HOGBEN CHRONICLES
edited by Pierce Watters and F. Paul Wilson
Introduction by Neil Gaiman
with Art by Steve Parkhouse

The editors and Mr. Gaiman have agreed to sign 600 copies of the various editions.

Beginning today, Borderlands Press is celebrating its first project with Kickstarter! We would like to give you a chance to participate before we advertise to the general public on April 13th.
Thanks you for all your support over the years. This one will be something you will treasure.

Our book is a celebration of a superbly talented writer, highlighting some of the most unique and memorable tales in the SF/fantasy genres. He died WAY too young at the age of 43, and we’ve made sure to gain the full cooperation of the Kuttner estate so that his heirs will share in the proceeds.

He was a very special writer. Here's what Alan Moore (From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman) says of him:

"Henry Kuttner was one of fantasy and science fiction's most accomplished and intelligent voices, as well as one of its least celebrated. His Hogben family stories are among the most original and certainly the funniest works in the genre, and to have them all finally collected in one volume is nothing short of a dream come true for genuine devotees of imaginative literature. Read this at once, and if you've read it already, then read it again. A masterpiece."

—Alan Moore

To learn more, click this link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/195826489/the-hogben-chronicles-of-henry-kuttner

Very cool - I imagine once they open up to the public on 13 April they might still sell the s/l - especially since 445 still left. Although I've never followed a kickstarter before and could just be talking out of my arse. The stories sound good - I added one as well. Thanks again. How come you didn't order the big one and have it personalized with the specially bound inscription?

ELazansky
04-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Very cool - I imagine once they open up to the public on 13 April they might still sell the s/l - especially since 445 still left. Although I've never followed a kickstarter before and could just be talking out of my arse. The stories sound good - I added one as well. Thanks again. How come you didn't order the big one and have it personalized with the specially bound inscription?

If it were a Gaiman book, I would have jumped all over that 1 of 1 edition. I'll settle a regular S/L here :-)

Don't doubt the power of Kickstarter. Larry Elmore, my favorite fantasy artist, did a Kickstarter for a S/L edition for an art book. Sold out 98% of the editions. And he listing the names of the higher backers in the book, so that's cool. Just takes some word-of-mouth and your project can become a reality.

cit74
04-12-2013, 04:41 PM

If it were a Gaiman book, I would have jumped all over that 1 of 1 edition. I'll settle a regular S/L here :-)

Don't doubt the power of Kickstarter. Larry Elmore, my favorite fantasy artist, did a Kickstarter for a S/L edition for an art book. Sold out 98% of the editions. And he listing the names of the higher backers in the book, so that's cool. Just takes some word-of-mouth and your project can become a reality.

I hear you - they are 1/3 of the way there in only 2 days - and 20 more s/l sold after I order mine. I am guessing they will hit their mark in the next 43 days

cit74
04-12-2013, 05:35 PM
If anyone is interested in the biting dog press Snow, Glass, Apples - there is a numbered one up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snow-Glass-Apples-a-play-for-voices-by-Neil-Gaiman-signed-Gaiman-Artist173-250-/130887026861?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1e797988ad

starting at $185 - no bidders. Very nice woman - I just bought another biting dog press book from her - I asked if she would sell it now - and she changed it to BIN at the price I asked. Her name is Jackie. This is a very well done book. I got mine from Booknutt. Very reasonable staring price - original list was $130.

ELazansky
04-13-2013, 04:24 AM
If anyone is interested in the biting dog press Snow, Glass, Apples - there is a numbered one up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snow-Glass-Apples-a-play-for-voices-by-Neil-Gaiman-signed-Gaiman-Artist173-250-/130887026861?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1e797988ad

starting at $185 - no bidders. Very nice woman - I just bought another biting dog press book from her - I asked if she would sell it now - and she changed it to BIN at the price I asked. Her name is Jackie. This is a very well done book. I got mine from Booknutt. Very reasonable staring price - original list was $130.

That is one I don't have, and I am sure I could talk her down a little, but I have to resist the temptation to keep spending. I've paid for over $1000 in pre-orders so far this year alone, and have at least another $500 in unpaid pre-orders out there as well. Sometimes, you just gotta step back and realize you can't have everything. I think I am going to impose a 90-day eBay ban on myself...

becca69
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
That is one I don't have, and I am sure I could talk her down a little, but I have to resist the temptation to keep spending. I've paid for over $1000 in pre-orders so far this year alone, and have at least another $500 in unpaid pre-orders out there as well. Sometimes, you just gotta step back and realize you can't have everything. I think I am going to impose a 90-day eBay ban on myself...

Good luck! I don't think I've spent this much on books, in such a short time, ever. I started getting creative. I've asked my family to buy books for me for birthday gifts, mother's day, special occasions, etc. I was able to get my bro to preorder a signed NOS4A2 and my mother is picking up the limited Sookie Stackhouse. Now I'm trying to get the hubby to spring for "Needle" from Valyrian Steel (not a book, I know) for Mother's Day! lol

Coulrophobia
04-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I will be waiting for the first "Don't piss off mom she has a sword." story.

RC65
04-15-2013, 07:18 AM
I sure would like to find a signed/limited HC of CORALINE (Subterranean Press)...it and the movie were my daughter's favorite book and film for a couple years, and so holds very special memories for me. I can't swing the $200 - $300 price tag I see on eBay, though, so the wait continues. I suppose I could just do a signed 1st, but I'd truly like to have the most special edition possible to commemorate what are, for me, very special memories.

swintek
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
I sure would like to find a signed/limited HC of CORALINE (Subterranean Press)...it and the movie were my daughter's favorite book and film for a couple years, and so holds very special memories for me. I can't swing the $200 - $300 price tag I see on eBay, though, so the wait continues. I suppose I could just do a signed 1st, but I'd truly like to have the most special edition possible to commemorate what are, for me, very special memories.

Have you considered the "Hobby Market" edition? Although the Subterranean signed limited is fine enough the Hobby edition is still my favorite as it is essentially a first edition- with some really cool bonus material that the Subpress limited doesn't have. And that glow-in-the-dark cover is just awesome. Sometimes you can find a deal on these- although I see now that they seem to be getting scarce as well.

Ron

RC65
04-15-2013, 11:06 AM

Have you considered the "Hobby Market" edition? Although the Subterranean signed limited is fine enough the Hobby edition is still my favorite as it is essentially a first edition- with some really cool bonus material that the Subpress limited doesn't have. And that glow-in-the-dark cover is just awesome. Sometimes you can find a deal on these- although I see now that they seem to be getting scarce as well.

Ron

Interestingly, I've tried to find a photo of that version now for some time, but haven't even been able to do that...not that I've tried very hard, I admit, but still...no luck (if any Gaiman collector here wants to throw up a pic, I'd love to see it!). So I'm not sure how it compares to the Sub Press edition. I have noted that it's quite expensive these days, typically more so than the Sub Press edition.

ELazansky
04-15-2013, 11:18 AM

Ron

Interestingly, I've tried to find a photo of that version now for some time, but haven't even been able to do that...not that I've tried very hard, I admit, but still...no luck (if any Gaiman collector here wants to throw up a pic, I'd love to see it!). So I'm not sure how it compares to the Sub Press edition. I have noted that it's quite expensive these days, typically more so than the Sub Press edition.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/CoralineDiamond.jpg
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/CoralineDiamond-LimPage.jpg

Gaiman signed 177 copies of these books and hand-numbered them. Very hard to find, although I know cit74 has one...