PDA

View Full Version : Did Roland write a poem or love note to Susan?

Calvin
02-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Did Roland write a poem or love note to Susan? I don't remember offhand, and don't currently have the books at my current living situation. 1st person that gives me the solid info will get a gift PM'd to them, DT related. Thanks!

:rose:

pathoftheturtle
02-16-2011, 08:53 AM
No.

I might be wrong, but if I'm allowed to stick to that answer, the odds are in my favor.
:lol:

Letti
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Yep, the answer is no and I cannot imagine Roland doing such a thing. :)

Calvin
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh shucks. Well, here is Sugar, Smack, and Lobstrosities:

Sorry, I can't embed: http://soundcloud.com/sneaksta303/sugar-smack-and-lobstrosities

Girlystevedave
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
They're right. He didn't write a love letter. I'm about finished with my W & G re-read, and there's no such letter mentioned. Any letters passed between the two of them were to be destroyed anyway. :)

Calvin
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm, did Susan write one to him?

Something with emotion, not just a "lets meet here" sort of thing.

Roland of Gilead 33
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
no she didn't, i'm currently reading them. & they destroyed the letters they wrote each other. they were about meetings where to well fuck. i dunno what other way to put it. or get together with the rest of his Ka-tet. or her turning him down on meeting him when they 1st start seeing each other.

that's pretty much it. if they had written any love letters & it was discovered they would have been instantly killed. & his ka-tet prolly as well.
so they were EXTREMLY careful, even if Jonas found out about them from "Cordeila" anyways

pathoftheturtle
02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
... they were about meetings where to well fuck. i dunno what other way to put it. ...Ah, poetry! lol

Calvin
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Well this just puts the kibosh to a plan of mine. I thank you all very much. Here is some Sugar, Smack, and Lobstrosities for your trouble :)

http://soundcloud.com/sneaksta303/sugar-smack-and-lobstrosities

Roland of Gilead 33
02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
hehe ayuh me a poet at heart that's me. he he

blavigne
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
He did not write a letter but he did teach her the poem, bird and bear and hare and fish when he hypnotized her

Roland of Gilead 33
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
yes, he did but that wasn't the question though.

Calvin
02-16-2011, 10:39 PM
I've tried to post this track i made 3 times and it says a mod needs to approve it. It's called Sugar, Smack, and Lobstrosities. Maybe a mod will approve it soon fer ye. Can someone be bothered to copy/paste the bird and bear and hare and fish for me? No biggie if not. Thanks again everyone.

Calvin
02-16-2011, 10:40 PM
when i say track I mean a music composition of a rather playful and upbeat nature ;)

Roland of Gilead 33
02-17-2011, 04:43 AM
cool man cool, you wrote a song about the "DT" series.

blavigne
02-17-2011, 05:48 AM
It's very short "bird and bear and hare and fish, give my love her fondest wish"

blavigne
02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
yes, he did but that wasn't the question though.

Didn't mean to go off track, I just finished Wizard and Glass again on audio book yesterday so it was fresh in my mind..........

Calvin
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM

Are you being sarcastic? If so, why the bitterness? If not, sorry.

At any rate, that's one song from the album which will be out soon enough. A lot of it is danceable instrumentals, but there are some dark ones in there too. I started this thread because I made a track that I felt deserved vocals, and figured I could use the topic as inspirato. Since you all have helped me, I figured out another idea. I'm having my fiancee write simple lyrics that describe susan's "something she can never have but wants so dearly". I'm not traditionally this sappy. There is some dark shit on the LP, but its going to be sweet. I wish the links would post!!!

pathoftheturtle
02-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I doubt very much that he had any sarcasm there. That IS cool. :)

blavigne
02-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Are you being sarcastic? If so, why the bitterness? If not, sorry.

At any rate, that's one song from the album which will be out soon enough. A lot of it is danceable instrumentals, but there are some dark ones in there too. I started this thread because I made a track that I felt deserved vocals, and figured I could use the topic as inspirato. Since you all have helped me, I figured out another idea. I'm having my fiancee write simple lyrics that describe susan's "something she can never have but wants so dearly". I'm not traditionally this sappy. There is some dark shit on the LP, but its going to be sweet. I wish the links would post!!!

I agree......very cool, no sarcasm intended. I hope you get the links to work so we can all hear.

Roland of Gilead 33
02-17-2011, 01:16 PM
sorry i didn't get back to you sooner man. but i was at work & i just got home. actually i wasn't being sarcastic. & there's no bitterness either.

i was being serious actually. i think it''s honestly pretty cool that someone would write a song weather it's an instrumental song or one with lyrics or a poem etc.. because of their love of the "DT" series. i agree though i hope you are allowed to post your song when it's done. & if not than i'm sure i can honestly say that we'd love to hear it. even if you are only allowed to PM us it. we'd still love to hear it when it's finished.

Calvin
02-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I think maybe the mods dont know to approve it. I SHOULD be able to embed a player into the board, but even tho im just trying to send a LINK, its saying it needs mod approval. I dont think the mod is aware maybe? I wrote the song, so its not like there's any legal reasons or whatever. At any rate, My artist name is H.P. Sneakstep. I'm releasing an album in about 2 months or less called (tentatively) "The Dark Tower Cycle". My music is not for everyone, but it's interesting. I am, for this project, just been taking certain scenes and themes from the series (my favorite series.......ever.........), picturing them in my head, then painting them to an audio canvas. That sounds so pretentious. I'm so sorry. COME ON MODSSS!!!! The track I wanna show you is just a teaser. You should hear "Blaine the Pain"..... heheheh

lol, and thanks for the interest and lack of snarkyness. This board seems to be quite friendly. Quite an oddity these days.

Calvin
02-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Well this just puts the kibosh to a plan of mine. I thank you all very much. Here is some Sugar, Smack, and Lobstrosities for your trouble :)

OH HAY LOOK

its in my sig to wow lookie. i'll keep you posted. if you have any other interest, ill give you another preview track.

Jean
02-18-2011, 12:49 AM
testing

hmm

did you ever suceed in embedding it elsewhere? YouTube files get embedded automatically, and with this one I've tried all I could think of, to no avail

Calvin
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
well, the link in my sig works.... thanks again everyone.