01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Lost

Nuff said:)

kluker
01-31-2011, 12:17 PM
BSG even though I know it wont win against the Lost nuts :( :lol:

mae
01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
BSG for sure. Lost lost me towards the end.

Ricky
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2jam72e.jpg

Emily
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Lost.

Mattrick
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Voted BSG, lost doesn't need the help.

fernandito
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Battlestar Galactica.

lolroflcopterjk.

Lost.

Ricky
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
You know I was about to come through your computer and cyber-punch you, don't you feev? :shoot: :lol:

OchrisO
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Battlestar.

This is closer than I expected at the moment. I'm sure Lost will take a commanding lead in the end, though.

mystima
02-01-2011, 03:58 AM
BSG

ICry4Oy
02-01-2011, 05:30 AM
BSG! ...'cause it had a series finale that...you know...made sense...:P

Emily
02-01-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't like this at all.

Jean
02-01-2011, 06:43 AM
interesting... unexpected...

OchrisO
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't like this at all.

Clearly you need to watch some Battlestar. :P

kluker
02-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes :clap: Come on BSG!

fernandito
02-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Ahhh hellllllllll naaaahhhhhh

Mattrick
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
You know it's bad when Feev starts quote Will Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_5QdHp04E

Darkthoughts
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Mattrick, I'm gonna kick your arse if we lose by one vote! :lol:

I've tied it so far...

Jean
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
::giggles::

Darkthoughts
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Bad Jean :lol:

mae
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Can you say epic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_sAxukU2M

Ricky
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm glad you've decided what side you're on, Lisa. I looked into the heart of this poll, and what I saw...was beautiful.

Heather19
02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Lost of course!
I tried watching BSG awhile back but couldn't get into it at all.

OchrisO
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I'll be interested in seeing how Erin votes on this poll, since she is a big fan of both, as I recall.

Melike
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Lost.

John Blaze
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
BSG

Mattrick
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I'll be interested in seeing how Erin votes on this poll, since she is a big fan of both, as I recall.

That was like me. BSG/Lost are basically tied for 4th in my top five favourite shows. I voted BSG figuring Lost would do fine with it fanbase. Will be equally happy for either to win.

DoctorDodge
02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
To quote the last words of Georgia Lass, "Aww, shit." If this had been Lost up against any other show of the 2000s that I had seen (other than a fuckload of cable shows and Life on Mars, of course), I would've voted Lost easily, especially with its range of characters, its non-linear storytelling, and of course, the dual acting perfection of Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson on the show. Its philosophy and story of good versus evil, whilst constantly examining how one person's evil can be another person's good ("We're the good guys" being one of my favourite WTF?! quotes from the show) makes it one of my favourite US network shows.

However, Battlestar Galactica is so much more than just a ton of space battles. It's dark, mature take on the original story not only makes it a decent remake, it's inclusion of taking a look at more serious issues - including, but not restricted to, religion, politics, terrorism and death - makes it one of the best scifi shows on network television of the past ten years, if not one of the best network shows in any genre. At least, it is if it continues to remain as brilliant as the first season, which is all i've seen of the show so far and therefore the only reason why i haven't voted yet: it could all easily begin to suck at a certain point. However, i've just started watching season 2, and it still remains as brilliant as the first so far. I will vote, but only right before the end of this particular poll.

BSG! ...'cause it had a series finale that...you know...made sense...:P

Well, in my experience, just because a finale makes sense doesn't make it one of the best. If it provides simple explanations at the cost of giving a satisfying emotional resolution to characters we've grown attached to, then it can lead to dissapointment sometimes. Life on Mars when it ended gave almost no explanations story-wise (admittedly, that was mainly because everyone knew the mystery would essentially have to continue in sequel show Ashes to Ashes) and yet it is, on an emotional level, at least, one of the greatest tv endings i've ever seen. The whole range of emotions the show takes you on the final ten minutes is so amazing to watch that Lost has been the only show I've watched to match that kind of ending, so I'm pretty pissed off that it didn't make it this far, or even the sodding first round in the tournament, but not exactly surprised, either. The abc remake of LoM, on the other, tried to go for an ending that answered all the questions, and instead felt like one of the biggest copout endings ever made, not to mention be incredibly stupid on the part of the writers.

Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.

OchrisO
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
The BSG finale has emotion in spades. I honestly had tears streaming down my face through a good part of it. I was pretty invested in the show, though. I love Lost, but BSG's finale was so much more awesome and movie. I can't wait until you get to it DD. Six Feet Under is probably the only season ending that hit me harder, and that is only if you count the Nathan stuff in the episodes leading up to the finale.

Mattrick
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Lost was more emotion filled for me but then again, I'd just watched the 24 finale not 24 hours previous so I was already feeling loss at the time. Two of my favourite shows ended within 24 hours of each other, it was totally bittersweet.

Can't really say which of the finales did everything best. I felt Lost took a bigger risk in aspects of it's finale and in a larger spectrum, it's entire final season. BSG was by no means safe or predictable but it was a more normal and satisfactory ending. I felt BSG wrapped things up in a way where there was a few questions left unanswered and everything came to nice conclusion, character storylines and what not and it was all real fitting. The finale for Lost was excellent in terms of continueity and bringing together perfectly in the final shot of the show. From start to finish, Lost felt like a complete package and the last season did a good job of brining it back around to the first season, where as Battlestar simply finished their story and ended it. Losts ending definitely leaves more open to interpretation than Battlestars.

frik
02-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Battlestar Galactica!
I haven't seen one single episode of Lost - yet.

sk

Darkthoughts
02-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm glad you've decided what side you're on, Lisa. I looked into the heart of this poll, and what I saw...was beautiful.
:rofl:

fernandito
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Battlestar Galactica!

sk

Well, what are you waiting for !?

In other news, f*ck the current result. :innocent:

Jean
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot

Emily
02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Emilys are not excited. Emilys are going to have a temper tantrum if Lost loses.

fernandito
02-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Feverishparades agree with Emilys.

mae
02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
More BSG votes!

YES WE CAN!

:excited:

Erin
02-02-2011, 10:32 AM

I voted a few days ago for LOST.

I totally loved both shows, love both finales, etc...

However, at the moment I'm watching Caprica and it's all "Meh" and has me annoyed, so I went with LOST. That's pretty much the only reason I voted that way. I loved both shows pretty equally.

OchrisO
02-02-2011, 12:54 PM

I voted a few days ago for LOST.

I totally loved both shows, love both finales, etc...

However, at the moment I'm watching Caprica and it's all "Meh" and has me annoyed, so I went with LOST. That's pretty much the only reason I voted that way. I loved both shows pretty equally.

Hrm. You can't judge BSG based on Caprica, as it isn't BSG. Caprica was a completely different cast with a completely different concept. It had some producers in common, but this poll is for BSG, not Caprica, if you voted for Lost based on Caprica, you did BSG a great disservice, in my opinion.

ETA: Woot! BSG is pulling ahead!

Ricky
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
It's not supposed to be like this! We have to go back and do it over! We have to go baaack!!

fernandito
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Locke : "It's our destiny to win this poll against BSG."
Jack : "No , it's not."
Locke : "Why do you find it so hard to believe !?"
Jack : "WHY DO YOU FIND IT SO EASY !?"
Locke : "IT'S NEVER BEEN EASY ! Please Jack, I can't do this poll on my own ... I don't want to."

John Blaze
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/jscottcc/Gif%20dump/facepalm_compilation.gif

mae
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
ETA: Woot! BSG is pulling ahead!

Woot indeed. I love both series. I have the complete series Blu-ray set of BSG. I don't have the complete series Blu-ray set of Lost. So that's that :)

kluker
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
:dance: Woot woot BSG!

Ricky
02-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Isn't BSG the one with the Chewbacas that get beamed up by that chick played by Denise Crosby? :innocent:

Heather19
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.

mae
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.

I doubt you'll be sorry.

mae
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot

Yes! We have Jean on our side! Victory is ours! (Nice little pun there for my French-speaking amis).

DoctorDodge
02-03-2011, 12:09 AM

You mentioned watching a few episodes before Heather, but was that from the very beginning, or just catching the occasional episode on tv? Because i watched an episode from season 2 ages ago, and to be honest, it really didn't interest me at all. Then i got the box set of season 1 cheap along with the mini series on dvd, and bloody hell, did it blow me away! It's definitely something you can't jump on board at any point, which is one small weakness, I suppose, but then, it's up against Lost! I think you should give it another try.

Jean
02-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Yes! We have Jean on our side! Victory is ours! (Nice little pun there for my French-speaking amis).http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_hahaha.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif

Darkthoughts
02-03-2011, 02:37 AM
This sucks balls :(

ICry4Oy
02-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.

BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things. It was above awesomeness from beginning to end. I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered but because some of the answers were just silly. Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

fernandito
02-03-2011, 08:36 AM
BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things

I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered

Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

Um ...

There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?

ICry4Oy
02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things

I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered

Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

Um ...

There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?

Read it this way:

not simply because everything wasn't answered

and it makes perfect sense.

As for "flash sideways", no I did not "completely blank out", that is just what everyone was calling it during the season. I know what it was, I understood the entire explanation, I just thought it was nonsense.

It is just my opinion of course and not meant in any way to sway anyone else's.

I still think you make a hot little Dharma worker!:P

frik
02-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Battlestar Galactica!

sk

Well, what are you waiting for !?

A great Amazon deal!

sk

OchrisO
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Ole feev is getting a little cranky 'cause his baby is losing. haha.

Heather19
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM

You mentioned watching a few episodes before Heather, but was that from the very beginning, or just catching the occasional episode on tv? Because i watched an episode from season 2 ages ago, and to be honest, it really didn't interest me at all. Then i got the box set of season 1 cheap along with the mini series on dvd, and bloody hell, did it blow me away! It's definitely something you can't jump on board at any point, which is one small weakness, I suppose, but then, it's up against Lost! I think you should give it another try.

I watched the first few episodes of the first season, but was bored so I never continued on. I'll have to try to revisit it again.

Now as for the results of this poll... We really need to get things turned around :D

fernandito
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM

no i'm not, i won't give you bastards the satisfaction :P

Mattrick
02-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Um ...

Wrong Feev...it was a flash sideways...see spoiler.

During Across The Sea, when Jacob and Man In Black are playing that board game, Jacob takes his piece and moves it sideways. MIB says, 'you can't do that.' 'Why not' he replied. 'Because it's my game, when it's your game you can make your own rules.'

Jacob had Whidmore bring Desmond to the island to shock him with electromagnetism, this sends him to the afterlife universe. Not only does Desmonds influence in that universe help allow the survivors to move on, but when Desmond comes back, he's suddenly willing. This puts Desmond along the path to pulling the plug which allows for MIB to be killed (checkmate for chess) and save the island.

Thus, it is a flash sideways because in Jacob's game, his rules state he CAN move sideways.

DoctorDodge
02-03-2011, 06:30 PM

I must admit, I'm quite surprised myself! Not because I think BSG isn't as good as Lost - far from it, I still haven't decided which is better yet, although I'm leaning towards BSG - but because the BSG fans on this board aren't as vocal as, say, the Lost fans. (Then again, let's face it, Who's also been heavily discussed by quite a few mega awesome members, and that didn't make it to the final round in the relevant decade!) I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out. I've quite enjoyed both shows, so I really don't mind.

Isn't BSG the one with the Chewbacas that get beamed up by that chick played by Denise Crosby? :innocent:

Only as much as Lost is a direct remake of Gilligan's Island. :innocent:

Seriously, if you think of BSG as just another scifi show, well, with the original you'd be right. With the remake, I know you automatically think of Dwight Schrute if you haven't seen it, but if you haven't seen it and you enjoyed Lost and V at least, you need to rectify that right now.

BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things. It was above awesomeness from beginning to end. I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered but because some of the answers were just silly. Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

Ok, liking what i'm hearing of the BSG ending so far. Can't wait to check it out!

I watched the first few episodes of the first season, but was bored so I never continued on. I'll have to try to revisit it again.

Now as for the results of this poll... We really need to get things turned around :D

Ah, that's a shame. Personally, I think it's one of the few shows made on network television that could match Lost for character development, multi-layered plot and depth. With gorgeous space battles, so that helps! I hope you like it more the 2nd time around.

no i'm not, i won't give you bastards the satisfaction :P

Well, if Lost does lose feev, at least look on the bright side: we'd definitely agree that the best show didn't win this decade! True, we'd disagree on what that show actually is, but we'd agree on something, at least!

kluker
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm just excited something is beating Lost :lol:
SG-1 Didn't make it but damn it BSG just might and thats okay with me :lol:

RUBE
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
This is wrong.

mae
02-04-2011, 05:32 AM
This is wrong.

No, looks okay to me. Just need a few more votes for BSG.

Jean
02-04-2011, 06:15 AM
I must admit, I'm quite surprised myself! Not because I think BSG isn't as good as Lost - far from it, I still haven't decided which is better yet, although I'm leaning towards BSG - but because the BSG fans on this board aren't as vocal as, say, the Lost fans.
that is why Mike referred to them as "silent majority", which still makes me giggle when I think of it

Darkthoughts
02-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I actually think alot of people have voted BSG out of spite :P

Ricky
02-04-2011, 07:26 AM
I think you're right, Lisa. They have no idea...what we had to go through to be here today.

fernandito
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Wrong Feev...it was a flash sideways...see spoiler.

During Across The Sea, when Jacob and Man In Black are playing that board game, Jacob takes his piece and moves it sideways. MIB says, 'you can't do that.' 'Why not' he replied. 'Because it's my game, when it's your game you can make your own rules.'

Jacob had Whidmore bring Desmond to the island to shock him with electromagnetism, this sends him to the afterlife universe. Not only does Desmonds influence in that universe help allow the survivors to move on, but when Desmond comes back, he's suddenly willing. This puts Desmond along the path to pulling the plug which allows for MIB to be killed (checkmate for chess) and save the island.

Thus, it is a flash sideways because in Jacob's game, his rules state he CAN move sideways.

No.

The flash-sideways was nothing more than a red herring to cover up what it actually was. There is no scientific application responsible for it's creation. It was the afterlife, plain and simple.

I'm just excited something is beating Lost :lol:

This is wrong.

No, looks okay to me. Just need a few more votes for BSG.

*finger hovers over the One Touch Ban button*

I actually think alot of people have voted BSG out of spite :P

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/lizardhate.gif

DoctorDodge
02-04-2011, 10:40 AM
On the plus side, at least it's having a difficult time against such a multi-layered and wonderful show as Battlestar Galactica, and not against a cartoon. (Don't think I've forgotten about that Jetsons vote, feev. Or that Flintstones vote, either!)

Btw, Darkthoughts, Ricky, and feev: have any of you watched any of Battlestar Galactica? (And I am referring to the remake here, original just does not compare imo.) Because from what i've seen so far, it does share a lot of themes with Lost a lot of the time. With politics, to boot!

Mattrick
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
No.

The flash-sideways was nothing more than a red herring to cover up what it actually was. There is no scientific application responsible for it's creation. It was the afterlife, plain and simple.

There isn't supposed to be a scientific explaination. I didn't even say there was. Jacob is obviously a tool of God, Smokey a tool of the devil. It's called Flash Sideways because of Jacob/MIB and that scene where they played the game. I don't know where you got this scientific application mumbo jumbo. It's not back for forward because it exists another plane of existence, thus it's sideways. Sideways doesn't infer different timeline, it infers it exists outside of timelines (which Christian Shepherd also says, noting there is no time there).

fernandito
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
(shakes head)

Such a shame you misinterpreted it so badly. But if it makes you happy, hey good on you !

Still Servant
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Lost.

BSG started out great, but started to fall off. Then it found it's footing again, only to have a pretty disappointing ending. I know a lot of people had problems with Lost's ending, but it was galaxies better than BSG's.

mae
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Ack, come on Lost's gaining! More BSG votes needs! Yes We Caan!

OchrisO
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
(shakes head)

Such a shame you misinterpreted it so badly. But if it makes you happy, hey good on you !

The thing about interpretation in literature in film is that interpretations are rarely wrong. Unless you have direct quotes by the writers saying there were no flash-sideways and that it was most definitely the afterlife, then I imagine both of your interpretations have equal plausibility and relevancy.

kluker
02-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I is getting a sad feeling again :(

Jean
02-05-2011, 12:37 AM
(shakes head)

The thing about interpretation in literature in film is that interpretations are rarely wrong. Unless you have direct quotes by the writers saying there were no flash-sideways and that it was most definitely the afterlife, then I imagine both of your interpretations have equal plausibility and relevancy. Actually, even a direct quote wouldn't change anything. If the material is open to interpretations that do not contradict its inner logic, whatever the author may say explicitly wouldn't change anything (would only mean that he failed to make himself clear)

Mattrick
02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
(shakes head)

I don't see how I intpertreted it badly. The clues are there and I guess not everyone will pick up on them.

fernandito
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
True, I'm sorry you couldn't. :)

mae
02-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Battlestar Galactica is the best television series of the 2000s. It will represent the decade in the BTVSAT Final to determine the best series of all time.

Bethany
02-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Battlestar Galactica is the best television series of the 2000s. It will represent the decade in the BTVSAT Final to determine the best series of all time.

Do we need to send someone to Ferny's house to hide all the sharp objects and sheets and belts?

Jean
02-07-2011, 07:54 AM
oh

I didn't really expect this outcome

kluker
02-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Didn't see this coming but yay! :dance:

fernandito
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Don't talk to me.

Jean
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
has anyone seen feverish? he's been behaving in a weird way lately, I am beginning to worry. After all, a man can take only that much.

mae
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't talk to me.

It was close though, all the way through to the end.

Emily
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Bethany
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Don't talk to me.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/susanfox86/CutestFood_com_4326497303_5bf3ebcbc21.jpg

OchrisO
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
This was feev's punishment for not watching Six Feet Under yet. :)

fernandito
02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
has anyone seen feverish? he's been behaving in a weird way lately, I am beginning to worry. After all, a man can take only that much.

Don't talk to me.

It was close though, all the way through to the end.

True, but still ... >_>

More like ...

Don't talk to me.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/susanfox86/CutestFood_com_4326497303_5bf3ebcbc21.jpg

I :wub: you.

This was feev's punishment for not watching Six Feet Under yet. :)

:lol: ! D00d, they're next on my Netflix queue ! Swears ! I should be starting Disc 1 sometime this week.

Heather19
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't talk to me.

:cry: :huglove:

DoctorDodge
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Just be glad your favourite show of the 2000s made it this far, Heather. Mine certainly didn't. Didn't even make it past the first round! (Although it tied with Arrested Development, so that's not too bad.)

Heather19
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I know, I am really surprised by that one too. I thought it would have gone alot farther.

DoctorDodge
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Well, I guess not many people have watched "one of the greatest limited-run television series" ever (to quote Stephen King, just to make anyone that didn't vote for it feel extra guilty about it :P). Or if they have, they probably only know of the US adaptation, which wasn't too bad until they changed the ending. Now, to me, the original (which I'm not gonna spoil for ya), was damn near perfect. US ending? So f***ing disgusting the metaphor i've used to describe it would give Gene Hunt a run for his money!