PDA

View Full Version : BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 9)

mae
11-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Coupling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupling_%28UK_TV_series%29)
vs.
Supernatural (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_%28TV_series%29)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhVQnfSbq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJComwgHLA

Darkthoughts
11-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Can't vote because I've never seen Supernatural, but Coupling is very hit and miss for me.

candy
11-26-2010, 10:37 AM
supernatural is fab!!!

couplng while funny is not the the league of supernatural, which is a shame

alkanto
11-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Supernatural! This is my second all-time favorite show, just barely behind Doctor Who :D

mae
11-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I can't believe Coupling is losing, it's hysterical. I hurt myself laughing lots of times.

OchrisO
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Supernatural is one of my favorite series going right now, especially once they started all of the angel stuff. I was so pissed that there wasn't an episode this week due to the holiday.

I find that it is hard to get new people into the show because the first season is pretty hokey(though I still like it). It makes up for it over and over in the later seasons. It is the same sort of problem I have getting people into Buffy.

candy
11-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Supernatural is one of my favorite series going right now, especially once they started all of the angel stuff. I was so pissed that there wasn't an episode this week due to the holiday.

I find that it is hard to get new people into the show because the first season is pretty hokey(though I still like it). It makes up for it over and over in the later seasons. It is the same sort of problem I have getting people into Buffy.

i am only on the second series, but i loved the first one. This second one seems to be heading into Xfiles territory (where you have to wath every single episode or not know whats going on?)
still loving it though

OchrisO
11-27-2010, 03:08 AM

i am only on the second series, but i loved the first one. This second one seems to be heading into Xfiles territory (where you have to wath every single episode or not know whats going on?)
still loving it though

Yeah, as the series progresses, it becomes much more focused on one big storyline, rather then sort of individualized episodes. In the new season there seems to be a sort of medium between the grand overall story and some monster of the week type episodes.

mae
11-27-2010, 08:28 AM
I can't believe Coupling is losing, it's hysterical. I hurt myself laughing lots of times.

Now I can't believe it's losing so badly! :cry:

alkanto
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM

See, I must disagree. I really loved the first season! If it had started with another storyline, I don't know if it would have been pulled into the story as much. Not saying I don't enjoy the later myth-arcs, which are much heavier....I loved season 4, especially!

DoctorDodge
11-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Now I can't believe it's losing so badly! :cry:

I loved Coupling pablo, but I haven't seen enough of Supernatural to vote. It was one of my favourite comedy shows, though. I'd almost say that Moffat should go back to it, if his work on both Who and Sherlock wasn't so amazingly good!

mae
11-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Come on all you British folk what the heck.

DoctorDodge
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better pablo, here's the greatest reason to watch Coupling: Jeff Murdoch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSnlADrbyY

RainInSpain
11-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Have not seen Coupling (but the clip above is hilarious :) ), so no vote, again. :(

mae
12-02-2010, 03:43 PM
This poll will close tomorrow, so get your votes in, if you haven't!

kluker
12-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I vote supernatural cause I love Dean and I love John but I hate Sam always have.
But I unlike most people can't get into the newer seasons just cause I think the show derailed abit for the first two.

mae
12-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I am so so sad...

mae
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Supernatural is moving on to Round 2, having received 14 votes (77.78%).