PDA

View Full Version : Contest #22 - Mohaine Desert

Darkthoughts
11-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Hile Artlovers!

The wiki is temporarily disabled whilst we iron out some kinks, but that's no reason for us to stop with Daghain's marvellous art contests :D

Next up is the Mohaine Desert, which as you may recall is where we begin our journey with Roland. King describes it as the apotheosis of all deserts, huge, standing to the sky for what might have been parsecs in all directions. White; blinding; waterless; without feature save for the faint, cloudless haze of the mountains which sketched themselves on the horizon and the devil grass which brought sweet dreams, nightmares, death.

The deadline is Monday 29th November 2010. Submissions to be posted in this thread once they are completed. Good luck!

Brice
11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Mine....

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

Darkthoughts
11-16-2010, 06:06 AM
:lol:

And contrary to my post above, Towerpedia is now back up and running. Kudos to Matt for that :thumbsup:

Heather19
11-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Brice :lol:
I'm definitely going to try to put something together for this one.

Darkthoughts
11-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Cool, I can extend by a week if anyone needs it :)

Darkthoughts
11-30-2010, 03:28 PM
No takers at all?

Heather19
11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh no, I forgot all about it. I'm sorry. I really wanted to try to do something but I don't think I'll get to it right away.

Canada
11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
I can do something for this if it was extended by a week. If not, I'll just wait till the next one. I literally just now saw this.

Darkthoughts
12-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Cool, tell you what I'll extend until 14th December - is that enough time for you too, Heather?

Heather19
12-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I promise I'll try :)

Canada
12-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks! that should be plenty of time!

Candice Dionysus
12-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Cool, that'll give me time to do something too. Heh. I also just noticed this.

Ricky
12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Isn't it obvious that it's Heather's fault no one has participated yet? You know, her being a Wolf and everything. :evil: :rofl:

Darkthoughts
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
:lol:

Heather19
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
:ninja:

Canada
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
This is mine. Sorry, it's kindof rushed. And yes, I know King describes Mohaine as being "cloudless". I just thought it would add more dynamism.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1326045696-Mohaine_small.jpg
(I also have a larger version. I wasn't sure how wide to make it so it wouldn't stretch the page.)

I need to do more landscapes...

Letti
12-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Canada: Rushed? It's absolutely perfect. Beautiful work.

turtlex
12-15-2010, 03:43 AM
This is mine. Sorry, it's kindof rushed. And yes, I know King describes Mohaine as being "cloudless". I just thought it would add more dynamism.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/WoahStripes_album/Mohaine_small.jpg
(I also have a larger version. I wasn't sure how wide to make it so it wouldn't stretch the page.)

I need to do more landscapes...

Holy smokes !! That's awesome !!!!!!

Ricky
12-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Wow! That looks amazing! Really nice job. :thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
12-15-2010, 08:57 AM
That's fantastic! And, by default of being the only contestant as well as all round awesomeness, I declare you the winner!! :clap:

Randall Flagg
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1326071391-1326045696-Mohaine_small.jpg