PDA

View Full Version : TGDT - Quarter Finals - Tarantino vs Nolan

fernandito
09-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Quentin Tarantino's IMDB Page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/)
Notable films: Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2, Inglourious Basterds, Jackie Brown
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/heather1019/board%20pics/BDOAT/QuentinTarantino.jpg

Christopher Nolan's IMDB Page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0634240/)
Notable films : Memento,Inception, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige
http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews/cnolan.jpg

Please note : In case of a tie breaker in the polls, the posts below will count as the final tie breaker !

fernandito
09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Nolan.

This is easy for me, but I'm imagining this won't be the case for many voters here ...

:innocent:

DoctorDodge
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah. I expect it'll be really difficult for Jean and path to make up their minds on this one.

;)

Jean
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

alkanto
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Nolan

Jean
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
so far, so good...

DoctorDodge
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Easily Nolan for me. I really like quite a few of Tarantino's movies, but it's usually more down to the screenplay than anything else. Judging from The Prestige and Inception alone, Nolan is just much better at the directing side, imo.

fernandito
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Both directors are well represented in my all time favorites list, but while Tarantino's films seldom go beyond a fun time at the movies, Nolan's films tickle my fancy on an intellectual level.

pathoftheturtle
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Both directors are well represented in my all time favorites list, but while Tarantino's films seldom go beyond a fun time at the movies, Nolan's films tickle my fancy on an intellectual level.And you didn't see that as being true of any of the directors Tarantino ran against in earlier rounds?

fernandito
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes.

Heather19
09-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Tarantino!!!

Ricky
09-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Tarantino.

I lied.
Nolan. :lol:

fernandito
09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
You were this close , Ricardo ... this close ...

Heather19
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Tarantino.

I lied.

Not funny :nope:

:(

Ricky
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
You were this close , Ricardo ... this close ...

Lo ciento, mi amigo. Tu sabes que Nolan es mi favorito por todo el tiempo!

Tarantino.

I lied.

Not funny :nope:

:(

:gives Heather a donut:

:lol:

Heather19
09-28-2010, 03:41 PM

Still Servant
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Tied up.

A vote for Tarantino is a vote for Sally Menke. R.I.P.

Heather19
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Tied up.

A vote for Tarantino is a vote for Sally Menke. R.I.P.

No, are you serious! I love Sally Menke :(

Mattrick
09-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Nolan is a better director than Tarantino could ever be. Tarantino is amongst the best screenwriters of all time, however.

Odetta
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Nolan

mae
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
QT. "I think this just might be my masterpiece."

Jean
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Both directors are well represented in my all time favorites list, but while Tarantino's films seldom go beyond a fun time at the movies, Nolan's films tickle my fancy on an intellectual level.And you didn't see that as being true of any of the directors Tarantino ran against in earlier rounds? Precisely.

Mattrick
09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Both directors are well represented in my all time favorites list, but while Tarantino's films seldom go beyond a fun time at the movies, Nolan's films tickle my fancy on an intellectual level.And you didn't see that as being true of any of the directors Tarantino ran against in earlier rounds?

Tarantino beat Coens and PT Anderson...right? A low down dirty shame...both are better directors.

Jean
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
right

Brice
09-29-2010, 05:08 AM
quentin

fernandito
09-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Dammit, now we're losing by two ... :/

More Nolan votes folks !

Darkthoughts
09-29-2010, 05:25 AM
I don't know what to do...I think Tarantino was such an innovator, but I just watched Memento and Batman Begins and I really like Nolan's subtlety in the former and his humanity in the latter...:orely:

Brice
09-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Nolan is great. I just haven't seen enough by him to agreee he's better than Tarantino.

fernandito
09-29-2010, 05:32 AM
brb, shipping my entire Nolan collection to Brice

Brice
09-29-2010, 05:37 AM
*waiting*

I suspect you cutting off an arm and sending that is more likely. :lol:

Jean
09-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Nolan is great. I just haven't seen enough by him to agreee he's better than Tarantino.
maybe next year you'll be able to make the right choice

Brice
09-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Pehaps if he puts out several more movies between now and then.

Heather19
09-29-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm with Brice, except that I've seen all of Nolan's films with the exception of Insomnia. And while I agree that he's a really great director, he just doesn't even come close to Tarantino in my opinion.

Jean
09-29-2010, 05:47 AM
this I can agree with

not even close

turtlex
09-29-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm with Brice, except that I've seen all of Nolan's films with the exception of Insomnia. And while I agree that he's a really great director, he just doesn't even come close to Tarantino in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

Tarantino.

fernandito
09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Close to Tarantino in what regard ? Nolan is a much better story teller, and a much more versatile visual artist than Tarantino, IMHO.

Melike
09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Nolan. Nolan. Nolan.

fernandito
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Nolan. Nolan. Nolan.

:wub:. :wub:. :wub:.

Darkthoughts
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
I went with Tarantino, for the impact his films had on cinema.

Tito_Villa
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I went with Tarantino, for the impact his films had on cinema.

YAY :)

pathoftheturtle
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Nolan is a better director than Tarantino could ever be. Tarantino is amongst the best screenwriters of all time, however.:nope: Oh, please! :rolleyes:

I went with Tarantino, for the impact his films had on cinema.You mean legitimizing old junk and lowering the bar on content? :orely:

maybe next year you'll be able to make the right choicePehaps if he puts out several more movies between now and then.Do what?

Nolan feauture directing credits:
Seven:

1. Following
2. Memento
3. Insomnia
4. Batman Begins
5. The Prestige
6. The Dark Knight
7. Inception

Tarantino feauture directing credits:
About Six and a Half:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
2¼. Four Rooms
3¼. Jackie Brown
4¾. Kill Bill
4⅞. Sin City
5⅜. Death Proof
6¼. Inglourious Basterds

(Not that I'm wishing that QT had been more productive.)

Ricky
09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh no. I've just heard something horrible! Tarantino has just stated that he's not making any more films as a cause of the overwhelming cross-country Nolan love!

Source: secret.

Mattrick
09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
:nope: Oh, please! :rolleyes:

Tarantino is far too formulaic. Toss in an underworld element, some cool dialogue, hip music and non-linear story-telling. If it wasn't for his awesome dialogue he wouldn't be nearly as famous as he is. Think of Pulp Fiction without his dialogue.

Inglorious Basterds is the only movie I truly give him a lot of credit for his directing.

Darkthoughts
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I went with Tarantino, for the impact his films had on cinema.You mean legitimizing old junk and lowering the bar on content? :orely:

I saw Pulp Fiction at the cinema three times - I don't do that sort of thing generally but I was asked to go with different groups of friends each time and it had intrigued me so much, (that switching between story pov was very unheard of then remember) that I was happy to watch it again.

He was just such a breath of fresh air to cinema at that point in time and started a whole new genre, I think he deserves credit for that.

Mattrick
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I would love to see Tarantino make a movie without switching timelines, characters or implementing chapters like in Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds. Is it so hard Quentin?

Ricky
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
He was just such a breath of fresh air to cinema at that point in time and started a whole new genre, I think he deserves credit for that.

Uh-oh. I used that phrase in regard to Nolan and Pam didn't like that very much. Be careful! :lol:

fernandito
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I would love to see Tarantino make a movie without switching timelines, characters or implementing chapters like in Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds. Is it so hard Quentin?

You have a better chance of asking Nolan to make a film that doesn't take itself too seriously :lol:

Jean
09-29-2010, 10:42 PM
grrrr Tarantino is leading now

Mattrick
09-29-2010, 11:55 PM

You have a better chance of asking Nolan to make a film that doesn't take itself too seriously :lol:

I've always felt Nolan is great at using intermitent humour. Like in Memento..."Who is this guy? I guess I'm chasing him." *gunshot* "No, he's chasing me." Nolan's unseriousness just comes through the characters usually instead of the visuals, where most unseriousness shows through a la Machete or Kill Bill.

Nolan...another superior director losing to who is cooler. :'(

Darkthoughts
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't think it's a case of who's cooler - I have probably have ten years plus on you age wise, so to me Nolan is the cooler or more hipster choice. I just have the benefit of experiencing Tarantino at his debut into the directing world because of my age and that's what sways me.

pathoftheturtle
09-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, I've got over two months on you, but I agree with Mattrick. No one can know what everyone else is thinking, but my money is on Tarantino having the "coolness" advantage. I do concede your point about Pulp Fiction, but, despite my age, I am not so swayed.

Darkthoughts
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
:D I didn't play the age card to be patronising, I just think if you saw a certain film like Pulp, or maybe Star Wars for another example, at the cinema when it came out the whole experience of it can affect your enjoyment and make it stick out in your mind. So much so that in comparison when you have the same experience years later, it may lack the impact.

To me the coolness factor is something transient, in all things. I think cool is relative to each generation, or even each 10 year age gap say.

Mattrick
09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't think it's a case of who's cooler - I have probably have ten years plus on you age wise, so to me Nolan is the cooler or more hipster choice. I just have the benefit of experiencing Tarantino at his debut into the directing world because of my age and that's what sways me.

I watched Pulp Fiction when it was first released on tape. I was what...9 at the time. If anything the coolness effect would be more impactful on my youthful mind :P

My point mostly was that Tarantino has been to me, in terms of directing, style over substance. His movies are fun, enjoyable and entertaining. If it wasn't for Nolan taking over The Batman franchise...hardly anyone would know his name because he was never mainstream until then. IMO Taraninto has somewhat relied on a combination of his dialogue and brutal violence to get over with fans. Nolan has always put original ideas on screen and even made Batman original. I usually give more credit to writer/directors but Tarantino isn't talented enough behind the camera but his prowress on a typewriter overshadows his flaws as director imo.

Still Servant
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM

I watched Pulp Fiction when it was first released on tape. I was what...9 at the time. If anything the coolness effect would be more impactful on my youthful mind :P

My point mostly was that Tarantino has been to me, in terms of directing, style over substance. His movies are fun, enjoyable and entertaining. If it wasn't for Nolan taking over The Batman franchise...hardly anyone would know his name because he was never mainstream until then. IMO Taraninto has somewhat relied on a combination of his dialogue and brutal violence to get over with fans. Nolan has always put original ideas on screen and even made Batman original. I usually give more credit to writer/directors but Tarantino isn't talented enough behind the camera but his prowress on a typewriter overshadows his flaws as director imo.

Saying Tarantino isn't talented enough behind the camera is downright silly. I'm sorry, it just is. Go watch Basterds again and tell me he doesn't know what he's doing. Some of those scenes are dripping with tension. It's not all about dialogue.

Please tell me that you watched Pulp Fiction again since you were 9, because if you haven't, I'm not totally sure you are fully qualified to critic QT. There is so much in that film that a 9 year old just can't grasp.

I know a lot of people don't like Tarantino just because of his personality, but he is a very good director. Nolan is also great and I love some of his movies, but to say QT doesn't even comes close is way off.

You mean to tell me you can watch the Kill Bill films and honestly tell me Tarantino isn't a good director? Give me a break.

I've been trying to lay low on these threads lately, but you freakin' people just draw me in.:pullhair: :lol:

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Mattrick
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Inglorious Basterds is the only movie I truly give him a lot of credit for his directing.

End quote.

You mean to tell me you can watch the Kill Bill films and honestly tell me Tarantino isn't a good director? Give me a break.

He borrowed incredibly well. Part II had a simply phenomenal script. Great film. For me Tarantinos laurels will always rest on his amazinhg scripts and the performances it gives light too. He's obviously got a good repore with his actors. But compared to PT Anderson, The Coens and to a lesser extent Nolan, doesn't compare to ability with a camera. Inglorious Basterds was without a doubt Tarantinos best directed movie, his best written too. He also did it without his usual big name cast. Gives me promise maybe Kill Bill Vol 3 (thus officially make Kill Bill 2 separate moies) will be better than Vol. 2.

Still Servant
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I saw that you gave QT credit for Basterds, that's why I was surprised when you said he doesn't have enough talent behind the camera.

Yes, he borrowed aspects of many Kung-Fu films for Kill Bill. Films that are considered cheesy. He took B style films and made two very good movies.

In the hands of another director, that could have been disaster. Also, some of the cinematography in Kill Bill is downright breathtaking.

I didn't see you mention Pulp Fiction. I'm interested if you've seen it as an adult. If you haven't, you really should give it another shot. I think you will have new found appreciation for it.

Mattrick
09-30-2010, 10:51 PM
I've seen Pulp Fiction about a dozen times. I remember the dialogue mostly, not images. I remember "It's the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it" and "Foot massages mean something" and "I held that uncomfortable hunk of metal in my ass for two years" and, of course, Royale with Cheese and dutch people loading up fries with Mayo.

In terms of visuals his films only have a handful of images burned in my head. One is Michael Madsen dancing and cutting that guy up. Travolta walking out and getting told and shot of his body.. Kill Bill had a lot of stunning visuals but stunning visuals don't make a shot for me. Inglorious Basterds however was chalked full of amazing shots that I won't forget. Besides Basterds, I think Punch Drunk Love has more quality shots than all of Tarantinos films combined. Tarantino can also be, at times, overindulgant.

I love his movies. I own them all except Basterds and Death Proof. But I feel in terms of a director, there are dozens of better directors working today, considering it took him 20 years to make a movie I thought was excellently directed, not just exellent entertainment.

Also by talent behind the camera, I was referring to their current position and quality of movies made. I even think Nolan made it too far. I think PT Anderson is better than both of them. But this contest is really as much of a popularity poll as it is skill-based poll.

Jean
09-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Kill Bill had a lot of stunning visuals but stunning visuals don't make a shot for me. This.

Heather19
10-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm surprised to hear you guys say you don't think he's good behind the camera. For me personally I think he's amazing there. The shots he sets up, the cinematography are all beautiful to me. Add to that the performances he's able to draw out of his actors, to the music he adds to his films, to the way he tells his story, etc... It all just fits perfectly together. I definitely think he deserves to still be in this competition.

Jean
10-01-2010, 02:36 AM
He still is.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Tarantino can also be, at times, overindulgent ...

This is my biggest quarrel with Tarantino. He's so eager to prove his deftness at screen writing that he saturates his films with pointless dialogue that ultimately serves little to no purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Seneschal
10-01-2010, 06:33 AM
i love me some tarantino, but sweet jeebus i would never put Dark Tower movie in his hands. Nolan or Abrams.

DoctorDodge
10-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Tarantino can also be, at times, overindulgent ...

This is my biggest quarrel with Tarantino. He's so eager to prove his deftness at screen writing that he saturates his films with pointless dialogue that ultimately serves little to no purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Death Proof is definitely the best example of this: he made another Tarantino movie that was almost a parody of his own work - long exchanges of dialogue, discussions over how awesome Vanishing Point is, plus a tiny bit of nasty violence - that not only failed to match up to his previous work in the slightest, but also completely failed at what it set out to do in the first place: to make a good tribute to the grindhouse genre. Now after Planet Terror, Death Proof just seemed to be a failure in my eyes. Planet Terror was sheer over the top, ultra violent, mega stupid fun, nothing less. It certainly didn't aim to be anything more. Death Proof, for all the intentional dumb mistakes, still tried to be something more, another Tarantino film, and it just didn't work.

Although gotta give him credit for having Hold Tight by Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich in the soundtrack. That one's a classic!

Seymour_Glass
10-01-2010, 07:02 AM

Tarantino beat Coens and PT Anderson...right? A low down dirty shame...both are better directors.

:huglove: Exactly what I think. And Tarantino, as I've often said, is a clever man who makes clever movies. These other guys are powerhouses.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Come on, we need another vote for Nolan !

DoctorDodge
10-01-2010, 07:59 AM
No we don't, feev.

We need two! One for tieing, and one for luck!

pathoftheturtle
10-01-2010, 08:10 AM

:huglove: Exactly what I think. And Tarantino, as I've often said, is a clever man who makes clever movies. These other guys are powerhouses.Also, speaking of powerhouse directors and intellectual fancies, QT beat the crap out of Woody Allen in Round 1.
To me the coolness factor is something transient, in all things. I think cool is relative to each generation, or even each 10 year age gap say.Exactly the point making these poll results so pitiful.
...Go watch Basterds again and tell me he doesn't know what he's doing. Some of those scenes are dripping with tension. It's not all about dialogue.
...Nonetheless --
My point mostly was that Tarantino has been to me, in terms of directing, style over substance.

I know a lot of people don't like Tarantino just because of his personality, but he is a very good director.Can we separate the art and science without resorting to personal prejudice? I believe we can.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
No we don't, feev.

We need two! One for tieing, and one for luck!

Touche my friend, touche.

Jean
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Also, speaking of powerhouse directors and intellectual fancies, QT beat the crap out of Woody Allen in Round 1.
now, did you have to rub it in?...

Still Servant
10-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, I guess I will just have to agree to disagree on a lot of the Tarantino arguments.

I will say this. A lot of you guys have been poking holes in some of QT's lesser works, but nobody has said anything about Nolan's. Yes, believe it or not, they are out there.

Insomnia is a wildly mediocre film. It almost is out of place among the other films he's made.

Although, I liked The Prestige, it's hardly the masterpiece many of you guys make it out to be.

Ricky
10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Although, I liked The Prestige, it's hardly the masterpiece many of you guys make it out to be.

Minus 15 Schrute Bucks for that statement.

Mattrick
10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm surprised to hear you guys say you don't think he's good behind the camera. For me personally I think he's amazing there. The shots he sets up, the cinematography are all beautiful to me. Add to that the performances he's able to draw out of his actors, to the music he adds to his films, to the way he tells his story, etc... It all just fits perfectly together. I definitely think he deserves to still be in this competition.

Cinematography goes to the cinematographer, no? While I love music, Tarantinos use of hip music makes his films feel even more hip. A problem I have. Reservoir Dogs is still his best use of commercial music.

Still Servant: I never once alluded to Nolan as being a god or anything. But he is good and one of the most visually stunning directors of the past 20 years. He's good but he's not as good as he's made out to be....at least not yet. He's got the potential to be as good as he's made out to be.

turtlex
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
<clip>

Insomnia is a wildly mediocre film. It almost is out of place among the other films he's made.

I agree with the comments here about Nolan. Oh, but of course, I thought the Prestige was utterly forgettable, so wouldn't even say "I liked" it. :shrugs: :rolleyes:

And yeah, I'm going to go here ( Feev please forgive me ) - I found so much of The Dark Knight to be overindulgent. I have always said if Nolan showed even a little restraint, and edited better, The Dark Knight would be a much better film.

Okay.... ( Fantastic Four quote coming .... ) Flame On!!! :onfire:

Still Servant
10-01-2010, 05:53 PM
One of my main problems with The Dark Knight was how much Nolan stuffed into that film.

There were two villains. Two Face's whole storyline could have been its own movie.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Just mentioning my vote for QT lest this come to a tie....again.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
And yeah, I'm going to go here ( Feev please forgive me ) - I found so much of The Dark Knight to be overindulgent. I have always said if Nolan showed even a little restraint, and edited better, The Dark Knight would be a much better film.

Hold on, overindulgent in what way ? The film has a perfect balance of character development , plot , and action set pieces. Nolan's hard editing approach might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I loved it.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 09:17 PM
One of my main problems with The Dark Knight was how much Nolan stuffed into that film.

There were two villains. Two Face's whole storyline could have been its own movie.

Nolan likes to use two villians in Batman films. One that engages the Dark Knight directly, and another with emotional ties that throws off Wayne's calculated methods, Al Ghul and Dent. While I admit I would have loved to have more scenes involving Dent in TDK, I'm happy with the resolution - the film showed the rise and fall of Harvey Dent.

Jean
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Nolan is leading by one vote

Emily
10-01-2010, 09:27 PM
In case it comes down to it then, I ought to say it here too. Nolan.

fernandito
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Nolan is leading by one vote

I feel like dancing

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/kaa-o.gif

Jean
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd rather you felt like closing the poll

Heather19
10-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Oh no, it's gone in the wrong direction. Where's all the Tarantino fans at?

alinda
10-02-2010, 04:41 AM
right here .....Quentin :D

Heather19
10-02-2010, 05:07 AM
right here .....Quentin :D

:couple:

turtlex
10-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Oh, please, not again. :panic:

Come on folks, let's vote this one!!!

( you know, for Tarantino! )

Still Servant
10-02-2010, 06:48 AM
I almost don't want QT to win.

Then we will have to listen to how bad of a director he is and how undeserving he is to still be in the competition.

:nope:

Heather19
10-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Mike I think you just jinxed us!

fernandito
10-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Nolan, back in the lead ! :dance:

Ricky
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
:clap:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-02-2010, 03:31 PM
:angry:

DoctorDodge
10-02-2010, 04:19 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u293/rivyer15/doctor%20who%20emoticons/Masterthumbs.gif

Seymour_Glass
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM

Hold on, overindulgent in what way ? The film has a perfect balance of character development , plot , and action set pieces. Nolan's hard editing approach might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I loved it.

I find it dreadfully ironic that Nolan is being mentioned as overindulgent versus Tarantino. I mean, Kill Bill was hella entertaining, and I loved it, but I gotta say that it's way more indulgent than anything in Nolan's catalogue.

pathoftheturtle
10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Pam: I know what you're saying about The Prestige, I really do, even though I'm still willing to say that *I* "like" it. Regarding the The Dark Knight, however, I don't get your point at all.

Nolan likes to use two villians in Batman films. One that engages the Dark Knight directly, and another with emotional ties that throws off Wayne's calculated methods, Al Ghul and Dent. While I admit I would have loved to have more scenes involving Dent in TDK, I'm happy with the resolution - the film showed the rise and fall of Harvey Dent.Well, I'm not completely sure about your analysis there, feev. I'm totally happy with it; rather than "stuffed" I would suggest the word "elegant" for the film's composition.

Brice
10-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Alright I'm going to the Tarantino forums to recruit new site members. :evil:

turtlex
10-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Yes, please.

Heather19
10-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Yes! This poll isn't looking right.

Jean
10-05-2010, 06:28 AM
no, it isn't: not safe enough yet. It needs some more Nolan votes

pathoftheturtle
10-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I almost don't want QT to win.

Then we will have to listen to how bad of a director he is and how undeserving he is to still be in the competition.

:nope:We seem to have a similar problem.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Alright I'm going to the Tarantino forums to recruit new site members. :evil:

Yeah, I seriously thought about getting a few of my friends to sign up and vote, but figured that was unethical.

But still.

Brice
10-06-2010, 04:24 AM
What's more important, winning or ethics?

Jean
10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
the unethical answer to this question might put all kinds of wrong ideas into the heads of the present forum's moderators

Brice
10-06-2010, 05:12 AM
the unethical answer to this question might put all kinds of wrong ideas into the heads of the present forum's moderators

And I'm sure we've thought of them. :lol:

Jean
10-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I am sure you have.

Brice
10-06-2010, 05:35 AM
:evil: :couple:

fernandito
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Nolan advances !

DoctorDodge
10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/vgucmc.jpg

Can you tell I think this is excellent news, feev?

fernandito
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, just a little ! :lol:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Its official....God is dead.

pathoftheturtle
10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Its official....God is dead.Not yet... let's wait and see whether Tarantino makes some more movies.

Heather19
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
:nope: I can't believe he didn't make it further.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I can't believe Nolan is going to win this thing.

Ricky
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Nolan! :panic:

Am I dreaming? Did Nolan really win? Or is a dream within a dream? Am I really sedated right now? Oh no...I hear music!

DoctorDodge
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I can't believe Nolan is going to win this thing.

http://www.wackypackages2007.com/images/ANS3/not-butter.jpg

Jean
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
first good news this morning

Mattrick
10-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Finally, Tarantino was taken out. Though, I still prefer PT Anderson and Coens over Nolan.

Jean
10-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I think right at the moment I do, too

Still Servant
10-10-2010, 05:51 AM
As much as I love Nolan, I can't help but think he's riding on the current success of Inception.

Not that it's not warranted because Inception was awesome. I just think that if Inception wasn't so new and fresh in our minds if he would still be doing so well.

I must say, I've never seen such distain for Tarantino's work. Outside of this site, he seems to be much more respected.

Then again, this is the site where I have met people that actually don't like a film like Catch Me if You Can. Another first in my life.

To each his own.

Jean
10-10-2010, 06:10 AM
I must say, I've never seen such distain for Tarantino's work. Outside of this site, he seems to be much more respected.
well, this site is populated by weirdos; there even are real bears among them...

Then again, this is the site where I have met people that actually don't like a film like Catch Me if You Can. Another first in my life.
Personally, I didn't say I didn't like it. I didn't find anything to either like or dislike about it. I moderately enjoyed it while I was watching, but it was completely erased from my mind and soul five minutes after the final credits.

::shrugs::

pathoftheturtle
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
well, this site is populated by weirdos; there even are real bears among them...:cyclops:

(It's all relative, though. Plenty of weirdos in QT's entourage, of a different sort perhaps. I'm certain that this is not the only where in which he's not so respected as he is in some.)

Personally, I didn't say I didn't like it. I didn't find anything to either like or dislike about it. I moderately enjoyed it while I was watching, but it was completely erased from my mind and soul five minutes after the final credits.

::shrugs:: Same here. :|