PDA

View Full Version : TGDT - Round 3 - Alfred Hitchcock vs Frank Capra

fernandito
09-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Alfred Hitchcock's IMDB Page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000033/)
Notable films : Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca
http://www.filmsquish.com/guts/files/images/hitchcock3.jpg

Frank Capra's IMDB Page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001008/)
Notable films: It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It Happened One Night, Arsenic and Old Lace
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/heather1019/board%20pics/BDOAT/FrankCapra.jpg

fernandito
09-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Reminder :

In case of a tie in the polls, the posts below will serve as the final tie breaker !

fernandito
09-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Capra.

Melike
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Hitchcock.

*Waiting for Jean's vote. :tapsfootincuriosity:*

fernandito
09-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Jean is going to kill me when he sees this poll :lol:

mae
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Love Capra. Voted Hitchcock. No contest.

Jean
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Hitchcock.

PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES

I refuse to vote

You knew? You knew!!.. what's next - Polanski vs. Kurosawa?... You monster.

oh good Lord... Hitchcock, not Capra, is one of my three favoritestest directors, but Capra - not Hitchcock - made two of my favorite movies ever (It's a Wonderful Life and Mr.Smith Goes to Washington)

what should I do?
what should I fucking do?!!!

::bangs head against the wall::

(yes Brice, you were right... bears never specify whose head... to tell you the truth, it's feve's this time...)

Heather19
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Hitchcock!

Feev, I'm beginning to think you need to watch more of his films.

fernandito
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I plan on getting to them ... but honestly I'm not in any particular rush to do so. I like Hitchcock's films, sure, but I'm not as enamored with them as most seem to be.

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Ok, I haven't really watched enough of either, but I'm gonna vote with my heart on this one...

...and vote for the Brit! When in doubt, vote for the British director, that's my motto!

Nah, that's bullshit. This is just gonna be another round I'm staying the fuck away from!

Heather19
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
I plan on getting to them ... but honestly I'm not in any particular rush to do so. I like Hitchcock's films, sure, but I'm not as enamored with them as most seem to be.

That's because you're not watching the ones I've been recommending to you. Didn't you promise me Rear Window once upon a time....

Rebecca
Strangers on a Train
Shadow of a Doubt
Lifeboat

I'll stop there, but there's so many more. With the exception of Rear Window, I definitely prefer some of his lesser known ones. Don't get me wrong I loved Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, but they don't even compare to the ones I mentioned above (in my opinion) :huglove:

Mattrick
09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I love Rear Window, it was brilliantly directed. I have to see a lot more of the classics. One day I will get through them. It's just no one I know besides one friend owns any and he's going to South Korea in a couple weeks. No time to go through them all lol. I showed him the list of nominations and he couldn't believe some of the names but was happy with a lot of the older directors. Judgding from how he talks, his two favourite directors are Woody Allen and Ingmar Bergman.

turtlex
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM

That's because you're not watching the ones I've been recommending to you. Didn't you promise me Rear Window once upon a time....

Rebecca
Strangers on a Train
Shadow of a Doubt
Lifeboat

I'll stop there, but there's so many more. With the exception of Rear Window, I definitely prefer some of his lesser known ones. Don't get me wrong I loved Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, but they don't even compare to the ones I mentioned above (in my opinion) :huglove:

:wub:

I was actually going back and forth, then came to this great post by Heather. Went with Hitch. Rebecca and Lifeboat. Awesome.

Heather19
09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Excellent choice Pam :huglove:

Odetta
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
NO!!!!! :cry:

I am not sure what to do either! These are the 2 I wanted in the finals!!!!!

i need time to process...

and cry...

:cry:

Seymour_Glass
09-15-2010, 07:18 PM
:panic:Oh god. Oh god.:panic:

alkanto
09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
As much as I adore It's a Wonderful Life, I have to go with Hitchcock.

Sorry Jean :ninja: I know we share the same love for that movie

Jean
09-16-2010, 01:34 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Rebecca
Strangers on a Train
Shadow of a Doubt
Lifeboat

Bears feel exactly the same.

Don't forget Spellbound... and Suspicion... and Trouble with Harry... and my personal favorite, The Lady Vanishes...

GRRRRRR I STILL HAVEN'T VOTED!!!!!!!!!

fernandito
09-17-2010, 07:41 AM
*Bump

Let's show this poll some more lurve in the form of votes ...

LadyHitchhiker
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
What about The Birds?

Hitchcock hands down.

Jean
09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
bears voted Capra... couldn't stand seeing him with one vote...

Brice
09-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Hitchcock.

PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES

I refuse to vote

You knew? You knew!!.. what's next - Polanski vs. Kurosawa?... You monster.

oh good Lord... Hitchcock, not Capra, is one of my three favoritestest directors, but Capra - not Hitchcock - made two of my favorite movies ever (It's a Wonderful Life and Mr.Smith Goes to Washington)

what should I do?
what should I fucking do?!!!

::bangs head against the wall::

(yes Brice, you were right... bears never specify whose head... to tell you the truth, it's feve's this time...)

I'll join you.

Feev- <_< :shoot:

Right now, I just can't vote. :( I don't know that I'll be able to at all.

Odetta
09-18-2010, 06:52 AM
sigh... still haven't voted :nope:

alinda
09-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I WILL< and did Hitchcock !

Jean
09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
two lonely Capra votes... feve's and bears'...

alinda
09-18-2010, 11:05 AM
That pleases you ....does it not Jean?

Jean
09-18-2010, 11:13 AM
well, it pleases me in every possible way. First, Hitchcock is clearly winning, which I think is exactly as it should be. Next, I voted with my heart. Next, I voted for the underdog, which is what bears are supposed to do and makes them feel comfortable. Finally, I am with feverish here, which doesn't happen too often.

turtlex
09-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I tell you, the draws on this series has been killer !!! Hard choices !!!!

( but definitely bring out some great conversations )

fernandito
09-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Alfred Hitchcock advances !

Heather19
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
:rock:

Jean
09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
as was to be expected

what a pity Capra (my nominee) had to face him so early... I had hoped he would make it to the finals

Odetta
09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I never voted... but I can vote for Hitch now with confidence

Jean
09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
you mean, "now that the poll is closed"?

Odetta
09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
in the next round, I mean

Jean
09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
and I can vote for him with the light heart now that the only director I rate above Hitchcock has dropped out of the competiton