PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think they are now?

disel24
07-30-2010, 08:26 AM
King has a way of making us love his characters. Many times we long for the characters long after the book is over. So my question is, where do you picture your favorite characters being now?

So tell us the character name, the book they were in and how you picture their lives going after King was done with them!

alinda
08-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I wonder what Deloris Claireborn is up to these days,
and Edgar Freemantle, how's he making out with out Wireman?
Also, Is Red still alive? If so what the heck is he doing these days?
Great thread idea disel24 , I wonder a lot about these people.
I know someone will wonder about the katet, but I wonder more
about the ones here mentioned.

WeDealInLead
08-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I think it would be very cool if SK wrote a book about it. Really. I wonder if he really knows or thinks about it but it would definitely be a nice project. I can make my own conclusions just fine but I'd be very interested in what SK had to say about what happened to Charlie from Firestarter, Louis and his family from Pet Sematary and most importantly ROLAND.

disel24
08-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd love to know what happened to Ted and Dinky personally. I mean, we know they went to the callas, but then what? Did they live uneventful lives? With people such as those and the rest of the people that King introduces us to in his books, I would be hard pressed to believe that they'd look into the unknown and not come back changed.

Perhaps Ted became the new 'Old fella'...

There's so much potential you know?

chtorrwar19
08-17-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd love to know what happened to Ted and Dinky personally.

This I second wholeheartedly

Ben Mears
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Mark Petrie

AIMB
08-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I think it would be very cool if SK wrote a book about it. Really. I wonder if he really knows or thinks about it but it would definitely be a nice project. .
I support this statement.

I am thinking most of the surviving characters are in therapy. Or doing things along these lines: Roland makes a Sandwich (http://darktowercompendium.com/fanfic-06.html)

alinda
08-21-2010, 10:19 AM
my god that story was strange......and do you know why the boy is said to be barking?

cozener
10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd like to know what Danny from the Shining is up too.

Brice
10-09-2010, 04:38 AM
He's the caretaker at a hotel in Colorado.

jhanic
10-09-2010, 09:48 AM

The SKMB said a while ago that King is contemplating doing a book on Danny's later life, entitled Dr. Death Sleep.

John

razz
10-09-2010, 10:17 AM

The SKMB said a while ago that King is contemplating doing a book on Danny's later life, entitled Dr. Sleep.

John

Fix'd

Most are probably dead of AIDS.

ErinPatricia
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it would be very cool if SK wrote a book about it. Really. I wonder if he really knows or thinks about it but it would definitely be a nice project. .
I support this statement.

I am thinking most of the surviving characters are in therapy. Or doing things along these lines: Roland makes a Sandwich (http://darktowercompendium.com/fanfic-06.html)

Good Lord, the Compendium is still around....:ninja:

jhanic
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM

The SKMB said a while ago that King is contemplating doing a book on Danny's later life, entitled Dr. Sleep.

John

Fix'd

Most are probably dead of AIDS.

Thanks for the correction!

John

OchrisO
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM
You know that kid at the end of Cell?

I like to think that he sat up, shouted "What?!? Fuck this unresolved bullshit!" and then walked off the page into the sunset.

TheCrisisKing
10-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Pennywise in It. F-ck the naysayers she is still alive. I wonder when it will return again

pathoftheturtle
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Anyone else wonder where the Road Virus headed next?

ICry4Oy
10-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Gasher from The Wastelands found a doorway and is now running a daycare center in Poughkeepsie, NY.

HellBeast
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Russell Faraday :beat:

Weird Terror 72
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Arnies friend Dennis from Christine.

pixiedark76
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I wonder what the Low Men In Yellow coats are up to? Did they regroup after DT 7 (the attack on Devor-Toi)
Are the Low Men still recruiting people to be breakers?

aliensatemybrain
06-29-2011, 12:18 AM
I'd be interested to hear more about Pearson and the continuing adventures of the Ten O' Clock people from Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Although there's many characters I'd like to see him return to, that one springs to mind, the story vaguely reminds me of the John Carpenter film 'They Live' although the aliens in this case seem much more brutal.

Jean
06-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Anyone else wonder where the Road Virus headed next?to our site, of course, and proved to be a totally intelligent young man... is forming a friendship with Shardik that was

The Road Virus
06-29-2011, 02:14 PM
:D I am very flattered Bears, thank you for such a high complement.

Path, I also wondered about where the Virus headed next. In addition, I wonder what happened to Stu Redman after The Stand and/or would have liked him to be part of another King story.

Merlin1958
06-30-2011, 05:07 PM
While many of you have mentioned very apt characters to keep track of, personally, "Charlie" from Firestarter has always made me wonder. Especially with the way the story sort of ended just as it was beginning, if you know what I mean. That was a book that begged a sequel.......

I could hazard a guess though that she may have gone through an apprenticeship with Gordon Ramsey and then opened her own version of "Hell's Kitchen" where she did all the broiling!!!! LOL