PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the pink glass ball?

froel
06-26-2010, 10:43 AM
So I just finished reading the DT series, and I clicked that I don't remember what exactly happens to the pink glass ball after W&G. Does anyone know what happens to it? Or is it just not mentioned any more after the beginning of WoC?

Brice
06-27-2010, 03:44 AM
I have it. :evil:

Letti
06-27-2010, 09:14 AM
If I remember well it gets lost after the fall of Gilead. But I am not sure.

Cry your parson sai but this thread is going to get merged soon.

lonely_cube
06-27-2010, 05:10 PM
If I remember correctly, Flagg has it at the end of W&G when he meets with the Ka-Tet. And I think Roland shoots it and it's destroyed. But I don't own W&G (yet, I was too impatient for the last 5 and just used the library :( ) so I can't check for sure.

velcro_fly
06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I just check my Complete Concordance and it says

On the lid of it's box (now lost) was the High Speech motto I SEE WHO OPENS ME.
So it must be lost somehow.....:orely: I think Brice has it.

Brainslinger
06-29-2010, 03:13 PM
If I remember correctly, Flagg has it at the end of W&G when he meets with the Ka-Tet. And I think Roland shoots it and it's destroyed. But I don't own W&G (yet, I was too impatient for the last 5 and just used the library :( ) so I can't check for sure.

Wizard and Glass, Dark Tower 7 and comics spoilers:

The ball wasn't destroyed, at least not then. Letti is right in that it went missing after the fall of Gilead. According to the comics, Walter swiped it.

It turns up again with Flagg at the end of Wizard and Glass. Roland does fire, but at Flagg not at the grapefruit. (Flagg escapes just in the nick of time.) The Ka-tet then travel in the grapefruit back into Roland's past where they find out what happened to his mother, pretty much first hand.

When they leave the grapefruit, they have travelled a distance from the crystal palace, and ol' Walt has packed them lunch. (To this day, I'm still not certain why he sees them on their way like that.) Although we don't know for sure it seems certain Walter has taken the glass back again in that I don't think it is mentioned again except retrospectively.

In short we don't know what happened to it after that. It could be in Walters gunna, or it might have been destroyed by the Crimson King along with the others.

froel
07-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Wizard and Glass, Dark Tower 7 and comics spoilers:

The ball wasn't destroyed, at least not then. Letti is right in that it went missing after the fall of Gilead. According to the comics, Walter swiped it.

It turns up again with Flagg at the end of Wizard and Glass. Roland does fire, but at Flagg not at the grapefruit. (Flagg escapes just in the nick of time.) The Ka-tet then travel in the grapefruit back into Roland's past where they find out what happened to his mother, pretty much first hand.

When they leave the grapefruit, they have travelled a distance from the crystal palace, and ol' Walt has packed them lunch. (To this day, I'm still not certain why he sees them on their way like that.) Although we don't know for sure it seems certain Walter has taken the glass back again in that I don't think it is mentioned again except retrospectively.

In short we don't know what happened to it after that. It could be in Walters gunna, or it might have been destroyed by the Crimson King along with the others.

This is kinda what I thought, but I had a feeling maybe I'd missed something. Thanks :)

Brice
07-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I just check my Complete Concordance and it says

On the lid of it's box (now lost) was the High Speech motto I SEE WHO OPENS ME.
So it must be lost somehow.....:orely: I think Brice has it.

This. Precisely. :innocent: