PDA

View Full Version : the DT movie thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

MonteGss
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
poor Hugh, none of his fellow Brits think he can play Roland. interesting how he can be viewed so differently in two different countries. i'm still firmly behind the idea of HL as Roland. i also agree matthew about susannah. i picture as having darker skin than Dawson. to me, she looks like Odetta's old avatar.

I agree with everything here. Go House. Go home Brits! :lol: (kidding, kidding!)

Dawson is a pretty good actress, I like her but Susannah to me is far darker....maybe Odetta can post that av of hers...it was pretty damned good I thought. Maybe not the hair so much....*shrugs*

Erin
02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh man, the new folks are against Hugh!!

Erin...get a rope. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

I still stand firmly as the "Hugh Laurie for Roland" Fan Club President.

Wuducynn
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
You have my vote.

MonteGss
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I call VP!

RUBE
02-26-2008, 08:48 PM
I might would endorse another Brit (I think) that has been mentioned before: Daniel Day Lewis. Yes, I know that his look off of the screen is a little weird but boy can he transform himself for a role. I would definitely prefer him over Hugh Laurie.

(At the moment, my top choice would probably still be Viggo Mortenson after watching Eastern Promises. And, no, it is not because of his nude fighting scene.)

blake316
02-27-2008, 05:11 AM
To me having Laurie as Roland would be like the Rick Moranis Darth Vader parody in Spaceballs. I realise he can act, and pull off Rolands 'sense of humour' but he is in no way someone who the tet could look up to, he's in no way a father figure, he's in no way intimidating, he's a camp little English man, Roland is the hardest mofo ever created in the world of literature and you want Hugh Laurie????????? the bad ass side of Roland is what would sell the films/series to outsiders, he is the archetypal anti-hero, its the side of Roland that everyone throughout the series reacts to first and foremost. Laurie cannot pull this off. Tull for example would be rubbish ''thats Hugh Laurie JUST KICK HIS ASS YOU PUSSYS'' would be my first thought. Ive seen some House and he's good in it, but this is far far beyond him. Do you honestly think that Hugh Laurie would be better than Daniel Day-Lewis (I salute you sir).

jayson
02-27-2008, 05:23 AM
To me having Laurie as Roland would be like the Rick Moranis Darth Vader parody in Spaceballs. I realise he can act, and pull off Rolands 'sense of humour' but he is in no way someone who the tet could look up to, he's in no way a father figure, he's in no way intimidating, he's a camp little English man, Roland is the hardest mofo ever created in the world of literature and you want Hugh Laurie????????? the bad ass side of Roland is what would sell the films/series to outsiders, he is the archetypal anti-hero, its the side of Roland that everyone throughout the series reacts to first and foremost. Laurie cannot pull this off. Tull for example would be rubbish ''thats Hugh Laurie JUST KICK HIS ASS YOU PUSSYS'' would be my first thought. Ive seen some House and he's good in it, but this is far far beyond him. Do you honestly think that Hugh Laurie would be better than Daniel Day-Lewis (I salute you sir).

i think it's a matter of not settling for what i've seen as far as his casting has gone. before Natural Born Killers I'd have scoffed at the idea of Woody Harrelson being intimidating. Now I can't say that. There is more to Hugh Laurie then what he has played to date. What is intimidating? Physical size? Viggo ain't that big, neither is Daniel Day Lewis, or a lot of the other people mentioned. So what makes Viggo intimidating, that we have seen him play intimidating? I won't vote someone out bc they never played a role like this before. I'm telling you, put two blazing revolvers in his hand and he'll be no less intimidating than anyone else. Think outside what you've seen him as in the past. It's Hugh Laurie the actor, not Dr. House, or any other role I want.

Woofer
02-27-2008, 05:32 AM

i think it's a matter of not settling for what i've seen as far as his casting has gone. before Natural Born Killers I'd have scoffed at the idea of Woody Harrelson being intimidating. Now I can't say that. There is more to Hugh Laurie then what he has played to date. What is intimidating? Physical size? Viggo ain't that big, neither is Daniel Day Lewis, or a lot of the other people mentioned. So what makes Viggo intimidating, that we have seen him play intimidating? I won't vote someone out bc they never played a role like this before. I'm telling you, put two blazing revolvers in his hand and he'll be no less intimidating than anyone else. Think outside what you've seen him as in the past. It's Hugh Laurie the actor, not Dr. House, or any other role I want.

I completely agree - and I'm one who knew him from Blackadder first. When House was first advertised, I didn't even recognize Hugh Laurie. The sound was muted (commercial) and no actor's name was shown, so I had no idea. Imgaine my surprise when I realized who was playing House*.

*Insert sex joke here (insert next sex joke here and to infinity because I used the phrase "insert sex").

Wuducynn
02-27-2008, 06:04 AM
i think it's a matter of not settling for what i've seen as far as his casting has gone. before Natural Born Killers I'd have scoffed at the idea of Woody Harrelson being intimidating. Now I can't say that.

This is exactly what I was pointing out before. He was cast in a role or two that keeps him that way in folks minds.

blake316
02-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Yo R of G, been waiting for you, hehe, your right -Robin Williams in One Hour Photo, even Heath as Joker spring to mind, but playing a phsycho killer is a bit different, casting someone you wouldnt expect almost helps that kind of role, it makes it more creepy (Hopkins -Lambs). Yes im basing my opinion of Day-Lewis and Viggo on what they have done before -fantastic work, embody the character, what else can you do other than guess. Your basing your opinion on Laurie 'the actor' solely on House (sorry but its the only thing he's done that you mention) When I see Day-Lewis in anything I see the character not the actor.
I dont mean intimidating in a buff physical sense, its something intangible that Eastwood, De Niro, Brando, Day-Lewis, and Viggo all have and we know it - Its the difference between Elvis Presley and Cliff Richards.

Brice
02-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Yo R of G, been waiting for you, hehe, your right -Robin Williams in One Hour Photo, even Heath as Joker spring to mind, but playing a phsycho killer is a bit different, casting someone you wouldnt expect almost helps that kind of role, it makes it more creepy (Hopkins -Lambs). Yes im basing my opinion of Day-Lewis and Viggo on what they have done before -fantastic work, embody the character, what else can you do other than guess. Your basing your opinion on Laurie 'the actor' solely on House (sorry but its the only thing he's done that you mention) When I see Day-Lewis in anything I see the character not the actor.
I dont mean intimidating in a buff physical sense, its something intangible that Eastwood, De Niro, Brando, Day-Lewis, and Viggo all have and we know it - Its the difference between Elvis Presley and Cliff Richards.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't put Day-Lewis or Viggo in the same category as those others. I agree the others have what you're saying, but I don't see it in Day-Lewis or Viggo at all. To me they do not have the same intensity.

Wuducynn
02-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Hmmmmm Daniel Day-Lewis as Roland...interesting. I've never even thought of him before...I'll have to mull that one over a bit and get back to you whether or not thats the right opinion.

blake316
02-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Well yes in terms of legacy. Day Lewis is always intense to me Gangs Of New York and There Will Be Blood are amazing performances, his name will be more than comfortable in that company by the time his career is over, no doubt.

Wuducynn
02-27-2008, 06:22 AM
I see, so thats how its going to be...

jayson
02-27-2008, 06:24 AM

i agree in principle, but until you cast someone in a role it's hard to tell what they can and can't do by looking at them. also, both elvis and richards sucked as actors. i don't know that we'd have seen it in Viggo had he not gotten some good roles where he could show it. btw, i did also see Laurie in the remake of Flight of the Phoneix. again, i thought he was very good. when it comes down to it, this is why i like the idea of casting uknowns so there are no preconceived notions of who can and can't do what. [the real truth is that i am against the idea of it being made into a movie but can't help play casting speculation games]. could you handle an animated roland voiced by hugh laurie? :lol:

blake316
02-27-2008, 06:35 AM
I didnt mean Elvis and Cliff as actors it was meant as an analogy of the difference between Day-Lewis and Laurie.
Im against a film as well but damn i could do this all day. And Laurie isnt an unknown. Ive had an awful thought - with JJ Abrams attached to this theres every possibility that Matthew fucking Fox could get the part and play Roland nooooooooooooooooooooooooo- Give me Laurie now!

Also guys I apologise but I havent figured out how to quote y'all yet.

jayson
02-27-2008, 06:55 AM
I didnt mean Elvis and Cliff as actors it was meant as an analogy of the difference between Day-Lewis and Laurie.
Im against a film as well but damn i could do this all day. And Laurie isnt an unknown. Ive had an awful thought - with JJ Abrams attached to this theres every possibility that Matthew fucking Fox could get the part and play Roland nooooooooooooooooooooooooo- Give me Laurie now!

Also guys I apologise but I havent figured out how to quote y'all yet.

i meant an unknown altogether, not laurie. a cast of all unknowns might be a better answer but when i borught it up before i was told it wasn't "marketable." believe me, the idea of abrams attached scares the crap out of me.

blake316
02-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Unknowns would be best, no doubt about it. A cast of unknowns would also be more likely to see the series through to the end. The story and concept markets itself as far as Im concerned. Lord Of The Rings didnt have 'major' stars, just good solid actors, they were successful because they were fantastic films- look at how quickly The Golden Compass dissapeared - which is a prime example of how badly this could turn out.

jayson
02-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Unknowns would be best, no doubt about it. A cast of unknowns would also be more likely to see the series through to the end. The story and concept markets itself as far as Im concerned. Lord Of The Rings didnt have 'major' stars, just good solid actors, they were successful because they were fantastic films- look at how quickly The Golden Compass dissapeared - which is a prime example of how badly this could turn out.

i did like the casting of LotR. i liked it all but the writing/editing [see the LotR thread for that rant :lol:].

blake316
02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Personal niggles aside, its still an amazing piece of work, being an editor myself I can understand your problems with that aspect - as far as the writing goes, I was just pleased to have a fantasy story that was taken seriously and given weight.

jayson
02-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Personal niggles aside, its still an amazing piece of work, being an editor myself I can understand your problems with that aspect - as far as the writing goes, I was just pleased to have a fantasy story that was taken seriously and given weight.

overall i liked it and was happy with it, but a lot of it still rubs me the wrong way only bc of what was omitted and what was created from whole cloth in its place. it's what i fear with a DT movie as well. taking things out i understand, but putting in "new material" is unacceptable at the expense of real material

blake316
02-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Your fears cant be helped with the 'trilogy only' rumours circulating, I cant fathom how that would be done without cutting the heart and soul from the entire story.

jayson
02-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Your fears cant be helped with the 'trilogy only' rumours circulating, I cant fathom how that would be done without cutting the heart and soul from the entire story.

it can't. 7 movies or zero movies!

Brice
02-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Well yes in terms of legacy. Day Lewis is always intense to me Gangs Of New York and There Will Be Blood are amazing performances, his name will be more than comfortable in that company by the time his career is over, no doubt.

Well, Gangs Of New York was a great film (I haven't seen the other film), but I don't see him or Viggo as equally intense as the others you mentioned. But, I mean it's all subjective I suppose. I just can't see it though.

All of us today can agree on one thing though; we'd rather they not make a DT movie at all. :thumbsup:

Wuducynn
02-27-2008, 08:28 AM
No movie, but a full-cast, audio drama with sound effects... :cool:

blake316
02-27-2008, 09:45 AM
That would kick ass, we should make it on here!

jayson
02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
i call music!

blake316
02-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I call wardrobe ..........oh shit!

RUBE
02-28-2008, 04:46 PM

Well, Gangs Of New York was a great film (I haven't seen the other film), but I don't see him or Viggo as equally intense as the others you mentioned. But, I mean it's all subjective I suppose. I just can't see it though.

All of us today can agree on one thing though; we'd rather they not make a DT movie at all. :thumbsup:

You should watch Eastern Promises. Viggo was pretty intense in that movie. But, like you said, it is all subjective.

Also, I would like to see the Dark Tower made into a set of movies even though I know it will not be as good as I hope. And, sorry, but the Palaver audio theater version wouldn't fulfill this need.

fernandito
02-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I found Roland.

http://english.people.com.cn/200705/16/images/star7.jpg

MonteGss
03-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Hmmm, interesting.

Brice
03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
I found Roland.

http://english.people.com.cn/200705/16/images/star7.jpg
Who is he. I mean I could see it looking at the guy possibly, but I'd have to see him act.

Erin
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Isn't that Dylan McDermont or something like that? I think he was on one of those cop dramas.

fernandito
03-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Who is he. I mean I could see it looking at the guy possibly, but I'd have to see him act.

After you respond to my PM.

*bats eyelashes*

Brice
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Done! Sorry, I was going to, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet this morning.

alinda
03-01-2008, 08:14 AM
My opinion is that guy looks too soft. (sorry)

Brice
03-01-2008, 08:16 AM
We'll just torture him a little, feed a few fingers to lobstrosities, shoot at him alot; he'll toughen up. I'm sure he'll understand.

fernandito
03-01-2008, 08:20 AM
The guys name is Dylan McDermott.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001518/

I haven't seen anything of his. I saw his name mentioned by many others over at the IMDB forums/message boards. What do you guys think?

Brice
03-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure. I'd still need to see something he's in.

Why the link to the Iraqi library? :unsure:

MonteGss
03-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I think they pretty boy look is throwing me off.
I think he could be "toughened" up though...make him look more cowboyish and rugged. :cool:

alinda
03-01-2008, 08:23 AM
m'be.

fernandito
03-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I think they pretty boy look is throwing me off.
I think he could be "toughened" up though...make him look more cowboyish and rugged. :cool:

I was thinking the same thing. And although his acting methods might be in question, there's no doubt that he bares a striking resemblance to Roland.

Brice - fixed it.

fernandito
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Isn't that Dylan McDermont or something like that? I think he was on one of those cop dramas.

Eek! I just saw this Erin, sorry!

Yes, you were right. He's also played a gunslinger before as well, although I don't know for which show. :fairy:

Lance
03-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Ok, this may seem crazy at first, but I had a vision reading "Wolves Of The Calla" when they described Eddie. Flannel shirt, long hair pulled in a ponytail, jeans, total northeast attitude. How about Jason Mewes as Eddie? I could totallly see him over Adnodolini going "I'm gonna rip out your eyes and skullfuck that hole like it was Heather Locklear's asshole." LOL

rwk420
03-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Johnny Depp could do Roland. May not seem like an obvious answer, but the man just has a talent for taking odd roles and doing a really good job with them.

William Dafoe would definitely be my choice for Walter/Flagg. He was the Goblin in the first Spiderman movie. Theres a pic/ http://www.oconnells.fi/images/201.jpg

fernandito
03-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Johnny Depp could do Roland. May not seem like an obvious answer, but the man just has a talent for taking odd roles and doing a really good job with them.

:unsure:

Míchéal
03-06-2008, 09:16 AM
After saeing 3:10 to Yuma I think Christian Bale would make a great Roland...

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Johnny Depp???

jayson
03-06-2008, 09:47 AM

Johnny Depp???

it's not "old long tall and pretty."

MonteGss
03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
:rofl:
Good call R_of_G

Johnny Depp may be a great actor but he definitely is not Roland. :)

The Man With No Name
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Friends, Scott Glenn would be perfect to play Roland. Check out Silverado.

http://jonathanbrandis.piranho.de/scottglenn.jpg

Darken his hair, put in some blue contacts. Maybe someone can photoshop this picture.

Although age is creeping up on Scott Glenn. He was born in 1941.

But if I was going to cast Roland, I would use him.

The Man With No Name
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I think I would cast Ed Norton to play Eddie Dean. I think he could pull off the playful wise guy and the serious side very well.

Darkthoughts
03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

You were right...he is SO Roland!

jayson
03-08-2008, 02:30 PM
seriously, or is this that famous british sarcasm?

Lance
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
This idea came to me while I was reading Wolves and it may seem crazy at first but hear me out. King described Eddie as wearing a flannel shirt with his hair pulled back in a pony tale and it came to me..

Jason Mewes

Think about it. Complete smartass with razor quick wit. Former junkie. Couldn't you just see him standing over Andolini saying "Mess with Tower or Deepneau again and I'll rip out your eye and skull fuck you like you were Jessica Alba after she's passed out" LOL

MonteGss
03-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

WHAT????!!!!????

Are you all reading this? Can it possibly be true? Has the greatest critic of the House idea FINALLY come around????!!!???? Oh say it is true, lovely lady!!! Say it again! :lol:

I can die a happy man now. House is Roland and Lisa agrees. :D

Darkthoughts
03-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Its utterly true, and no Jayson I'm not being sarcastic :lol:

On Friday night I went round to a friends house, he's been trying to get me to watch House for months as hes totally addicted to it. We had a few bottles of wine and watched part of season one (then the call of the pub became too strong!) and I was so completely impressed by Hugh Laurie in it I was itching to come here and tell you that I had seen the light :D

I've never disliked Hugh Laurie, I just couldn't picture him as Roland - but as soon as he appeared on screen (we watched the pilot first) I was like "Bloody hell!" And such a bastard as House too, I LOVED him!!

So there you go - I conceed defeat and join the ranks...you've also got me addicted to House now you gits :P

jayson
03-09-2008, 04:28 AM
awesome Lisa. the more i watched that show, the more i thought, this guy is roland of gilead. my only problem is they've stopped showing new episodes to make room for american idol, the worst show on television. no new house until april. glad you finally (a) see how brilliant laurie would be as roland and even better (b) discovered House bc i know ultimately, like me, you'd rather see nobody cast as roland . it's a great show, you should def follow it thru on dvd.:thumbsup:

MonteGss
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Its utterly true, and no Jayson I'm not being sarcastic :lol:

On Friday night I went round to a friends house, he's been trying to get me to watch House for months as hes totally addicted to it. We had a few bottles of wine and watched part of season one (then the call of the pub became too strong!) and I was so completely impressed by Hugh Laurie in it I was itching to come here and tell you that I had seen the light :D

I've never disliked Hugh Laurie, I just couldn't picture him as Roland - but as soon as he appeared on screen (we watched the pilot first) I was like "Bloody hell!" And such a bastard as House too, I LOVED him!!

So there you go - I conceed defeat and join the ranks...you've also got me addicted to House now you gits :P

:wub:

Matt
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I think that may be the best news I've heard all week. :nana:

Darkthoughts
03-10-2008, 03:29 AM
:lol: :grouphug:

Unfound One
03-10-2008, 03:33 AM
after reading through a lot of these posts i can really come to only one conclusion....

all unknowns...?

i just don't think that any main-stream a-list actor could ever pull off roland (or anyone else for that matter) without people having pre-conceived notions of their character, ya know?

Brice
03-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

No...God NO. :cry:

Darkthoughts
03-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Don't worry, I'd rather not see it become a film at all ;)

Girlystevedave
03-10-2008, 02:52 PM
I'll sometimes get random numbers stuck in my head, like client id's from work, that add up to nineteen.
I can't believe that's the extent of my brain's creativity. wow:doh:

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I think Hugh Laurie as Roland would be the only way I'd go see the movie. I just don't think anyone else could pull it off. I mean, coming to terms with his humanity as a result of the people forced into his immediate proximity- Sounds pretty Dark Tower to me.

Míchéal
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I think i could do a good job of Roland...

Míchéal
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
watch my head grow

fernandito
03-11-2008, 05:15 AM
after reading through a lot of these posts i can really come to only one conclusion....

all unknowns...?

This seems to be the best option, /me thinks. Especially for Roland.

Brice
03-11-2008, 05:22 AM
I could possibly accept a DT movie if all the cast and crew agreed to commit seppuku for their blasphemous existences immediately thereafter.

jayson
03-11-2008, 05:25 AM
it would have to filmed and be added as a dvd extra to really be worth it brice

Brice
03-11-2008, 05:27 AM
no, I think them doing it live at one of our get togethers would be better....well, I guess it wouldn't be live for long. :rofl:

Mark
03-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Gary Sinise
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/53/03/0000035303_20061023130248.jpg

would make a good Roland, i think. If i ever get ound to watching house i'll see how Hugh Laurie is, i always think of Stuart Little when i think of him though xD.

alinda
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
How about they just cast us from this site.....allow constant readers to portray our favorite charactures! ( we can act right?) HAHA!:thumbsup:

MonteGss
03-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I call Roland! :D

Jean
03-28-2008, 10:38 PM
How about they just cast us from this site.....allow constant readers to portray our favorite charactures! ( we can act right?) HAHA!

I call Roland!

Shardik!

(if only I could be Susannah... but both gender and ursinity won't let me)

(also, if I was human, I would love to be Callahan)

Mark
03-30-2008, 06:20 AM
DIBS ON EDDIE!! :D

alinda
03-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Well this idea seems to be catching on rather well.
We could be great !!:onfire: hahahahahahahaha!!

Mark
03-31-2008, 03:40 AM
And who would you play Alinda?

alinda
03-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Some town folken from Calla , or...maybe Rosalita
or Lady Oriza why not? I have experience both
with loving dangerous men, and I can throw a
pretty mean frizbee !!:rofl:

Jean
03-31-2008, 04:10 AM
if you're Rosalita, I want to be Roland!!! (only on that condition, though)

Mark
03-31-2008, 04:55 AM
if you're Rosalita, I want to be Roland!!! (only on that condition, though)

:lol:

alinda
03-31-2008, 06:44 AM
:blush: :wub:

MonteGss
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Too late Jean, you can't, I called it! Linda will have to settle for me. :D

Fall of Gilead
03-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I can't recall any bat characters, so I'll be Tricks Postino, so I can gloriously die twice.

Wuducynn
03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
FOG? You exist? :o Why don't you stop being a message board wallflower and post some more!

Fall of Gilead
03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Okay, you talked me into it. The werebat flies again!!

Erin
03-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I would love to play Allie in a Dark Tower movie. Not only would it be awesome to be Roland's lover :lol: but think how amazing it would be to be the actor that whispers "nineteen" to Nort and begs Roland to kill her. One of the best smaller roles, in my opinion.

Jean
03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Okay, you talked me into it. The werebat flies again!!
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Wuducynn
04-01-2008, 05:29 AM
I would love to play Allie in a Dark Tower movie. Not only would it be awesome to be Roland's lover :lol: but think how amazing it would be to be the actor that whispers "nineteen" to Nort and begs Roland to kill her. One of the best smaller roles, in my opinion.

Erin, you're too good looking to play Allie.

MonteGss
04-01-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree with CK. Allie is not a pretty girl.

Erin
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey, i'd fugly it up with make-up!

MonteGss
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Hmm, I don't remember starting this thread...:unsure:...nor bringing up the idea.

Erin
04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I know! I screwed up big time when I was trying to move the posts. :lol:

I wrote out a big nice introduction thread and then attempted to move the posts into the new thread, but it put my beginning post at the bottom. I'd never tried to move individual posts before, and I messed up. I'm not sure if it can be fixed now that the damage is done.

I know the idea was the lovely alinda's and I apologize she's not getting credit for it.

MonteGss
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM

You're fired!

OchrisO
04-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Nort

Erin
04-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I totally just pictured you with a Donald Trump hair-don't saying that. Hehe.

Letti
04-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I know it's impossible but if I could if I really could play anyone I would like to play Roland.

Jean
04-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I fixed it - now it's Lady Linda http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif the thread starter

Erin
04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks for fixing that Jean! I was scared I'd mess it up worse. :wub:

Jean
04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

alinda
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
uh, I am embarrassed , I didnt mean to get so off topic
in the other thread that it took on its own form.
Thanks for the split off, now it can just crawl away and
die where ever my thread ideas usually go .....><

Odetta
04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
in spite of my name... I would want to be Rhea

jayson
04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
firstly, i'd want to direct our all-DT.com version. i think i could do that quite well. as for the real question... i'd want to play Eddie, though I am too old to do so now, but i think i could play Tian Jaffords. i think tian is one of the better secondary characters. he starts the ball rolling for WotC.

Wuducynn
04-02-2008, 01:12 PM

:lol: :thumbsup:

LadyHitchhiker
04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I want to be cast in the movie... Maybe I can be Sylvia Pittson... I have the figure for it at least...

Brice
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Roland Deschain....no doubt at all. :thumbsup:

Jean
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
too late Brice, it's Monte.

Odetta
04-03-2008, 06:36 AM

I think she's kick-ass!

Brice
04-03-2008, 06:39 AM

Nah, he can be Mordred instead.

jayson
04-03-2008, 06:40 AM
brice, you could always be stephen deschain and keep asking monte "who's yer daddy?"

Brice
04-03-2008, 06:44 AM

Wuducynn
04-03-2008, 06:48 AM

I think she's kick-ass!

Well of course she kicks-ass, but you're too hot to play an old hag. I'm thinking Susan for you, especially if they make the movie "Not Rated".

Wuducynn
04-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Liz keeps saying I should be cast as Walter. Nah.

Adumbros
04-03-2008, 06:54 AM
i dunno...from puttin up with his ass for 27 years...i would say brice's best role would be as cuthbert...emotional, naive, yet always ready to charge headfirst into an asskickin contest

MonteGss
04-03-2008, 02:58 PM

brice, you could always be stephen deschain and keep asking monte "who's yer daddy?"

Sorry Brice, I actually think Cyber is a perfect fit for Mordred. :lol:

Also, I'm Roland and you can't be! Ha, ha, I win. :D

Wuducynn
04-03-2008, 03:14 PM

Virgílius
04-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Does anyone remembers Alaric, Roland's grandfather? I used to have red hair (now it's more salt and pepper, but who knows?), so I think I would appear in a flashback or something :)

Mark
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Due to my age i can't be Eddie, so if i couldn't be him, i'd be Roland in the re-telling of WAG, Roland was considered tall in Gilead(I'm 6'3"), was in a love-struck daze (been there, done that, got the t-shirt), made his friend jealous of him (also done that) and was 14 (like me). That's only a few comparisons to me and 14 year old Roland.

Brice
04-05-2008, 05:22 AM

Also, I'm Roland and you can't be! Ha, ha, I win. :D

In THAT case, I think it's time for your test. :shoot:

Darkthoughts
04-05-2008, 05:35 AM
I'd like to be Rosalita...especially if Monte is Roland ;)

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Ohhhhhhh I thought you'd be Mia if I was Los?? ;)

Darkthoughts
04-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Oh...wait...erm...I'll understudy for one and be the other ;)

Brice
04-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I feel left out. :(

alinda
04-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Oh dont worry we can get together and read lines later if you want:innocent:

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 08:45 AM

You'll be my sheevin . Just like normal.

Brice
04-05-2008, 08:47 AM

You'll be my sheevin . Just like normal.

I think I'll have to decline.

Oh dont worry we can get together and read lines later if you want:innocent:
:couple:

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Shit!? You thought there was opting out Brice? Go cook my lunch, bitch!

Brice
04-05-2008, 08:51 AM
*has already left*

Sorry! :cry:

Odetta
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM

I think she's kick-ass!

Well of course she kicks-ass, but you're too hot to play an old hag. I'm thinking Susan for you, especially if they make the movie "Not Rated".

*cue steamy sex music*

MonteGss
04-05-2008, 02:49 PM
I'd like to be Rosalita...especially if Monte is Roland ;)

:huglove:
:cool:

Storyslinger
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
:unsure:.....Flagg(Man in Black)

Letti
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
We could have a new Roland every part in the movie. Or every minute.

Letti
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
:unsure:.....Flagg(Man on Black)

Man on Back? I am interested in this character. Tell me more about it. ;)

Yaksha
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Cuthbert. Ka-Mai. I am so like him in so many ways...just ask linda

MonteGss
04-08-2008, 10:19 PM

NO!!!

:D

Letti
04-08-2008, 11:32 PM

NO!!!

:D

You mean you prefer every second? ;)

Brice
04-09-2008, 04:03 AM
No, he means he wouldn't want to have a turn as Roland. He'd rather be Mordred or Rhea.

Wuducynn
04-09-2008, 05:33 AM

Sounds like a porn movie.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 05:37 AM
:unsure:.....Flagg(Man on Black)

:beat: >< :lol:

Wow, I was making mistakes like that all morning. I thought I caught them all. :lol:

Wuducynn
04-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Yeah, it was a mistake I'm sure...everyone knows you just let slip the name of the new porn movie uploaded off the internet.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it was a mistake I'm sure...everyone knows you just let slip the name of the new porn movie uploaded off the internet.

:ninja: Did not....><

Fall of Gilead
04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
So is there a definitive dt.com member cast list? :orely:

razz
04-12-2008, 03:30 PM
How about they just cast us from this site.....allow constant readers to portray our favorite characters! ( we can act right?) HAHA!

yeah, and SAi Deschain will be a 300 pound bald guy who sounds like stuttering bill, and lives in his mothers basement.

Mark
04-13-2008, 04:41 AM
How about they just cast us from this site.....allow constant readers to portray our favorite characters! ( we can act right?) HAHA!

yeah, and SAi Deschain will be a 300 pound bald guy who sounds like stuttering bill, and lives in his mothers basement.

alinda
04-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I just got that......:rofl:

FatherofRoland
04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I really have a difficult time imagining Roland as anyone other than Clint Eastwood from The Man with no Name movies, which are awesome by the way and everyone should go watch to see what inspired King way back when.

Obviously, Clint is not an option anymore. I like Daniel-Day Lewis as the Man in Black or as Roland (he's the best actor I can think of). That Javier Borden would make a good Man in Black, he can be scary.

Maybe Susan could be that chick from Coyote Ugly? Or Scarlett Johansen...No, I picture someone with more of an athletic, less bustier, physique. If they could make Natalie Portman, blonde, I would like that.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok. But who would YOU want to be in the movie?....that is the question. :D

razz
04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I would actually have Daniel Day-Lewis in it, probably as Eddie. At least how he looked in the Crucible.
Make him look a little older, and Keanu Reeves would make a great pere Callahan

razz
04-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Jeff Goldblum, the way he was in "The Lost World" should be in the movie.

Brice
04-18-2008, 04:48 PM
This thread js really for which character you would play if you could in a DT movie. There is a thread around here for who you'd want to be cast in one also.

MonteGss
04-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks Brice, I pretty much said the same thing on the previous page. Please pay attention to the thread TITLES dear friends. Who would YOU want to play? We don't care which actor you'd want to play Roland. Well, at least not in this thread we don't. :)

Wuducynn
04-19-2008, 05:00 AM
What was this thread about again? Walter or was it the end of the series?

alinda
04-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Mattttqew, Who would you want to play?

Wuducynn
04-19-2008, 05:44 AM
One of the slow-mutants.

Letti
04-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Is Sylvia free?

MonteGss
04-19-2008, 06:54 AM
I'd play Nort if I couldn't be Roland. :lol:

Mark
04-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Is Sylvia free?

Letti
04-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Is Sylvia free?

I am sure I would win an Oscar award with it. :)

Mark
04-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Is Sylvia free?

I am sure I would win an Oscar award with it. :)

Yeah, even though you're far too beautiful to play Sylvia.

Letti
04-19-2008, 12:51 PM
*smiles widely* thanks

Wuducynn
04-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Syliva IS gorgeous. But Letti is even more beautiful!

Mark
04-20-2008, 06:38 AM
The only thing Sylvia has going for her is the demonic lust thing she has.

Wuducynn
04-20-2008, 07:02 AM
And her total hotness.

obscurejude
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM
I'd like to play Vannay.

alinda
04-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm gonna write all these down and if we
ever make it to that deserted paradise
island,we can act out some scenes for fun!!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MonteGss
04-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Brice being my "daddy" and jude calling me "Gabby." :lol:

alinda
04-20-2008, 08:31 AM

razz
04-20-2008, 12:48 PM
oh. i'd wish to be Alain.

obscurejude
04-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Brice being my "daddy" and jude calling me "Gabby." :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I would have me in it. :D

FatherofRoland
04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I would play Roland. I have blue eyes. I grew up in South Dakota (cold/hot cowboy area) I own a revolver that resembles what I imagine Roland's to look like. [I had it before reading the books. I am not that geeky that I would go buy something like that just to be like a character in a book.] I think I could do it well, say thankya.

I would like someone very hot to play Susan. Natalie Portman? Ooops sorry for suggesting someone else for a role.

This is the most by the book message board of all time. I think Roland would not have much time for it.

Erin
04-22-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't think we are too "by the book" at tdt.com, we actually are quite laid back in my opinion. We just try to stay on-topic and organized in the DT and King areas of the forum.

Anyways, back on topic, :lol:

Of course I'd love to play Susan in a movie as well, but I'm too old I think. I mainly just want to be Susan for the Charyou Tree scene.

Letti
04-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Of course I'd love to play Susan in a movie as well, but I'm too old I think. I mainly just want to be Susan for the Charyou Tree scene.

Oh, may I ask why?

Erin
04-22-2008, 12:41 AM
It is such a dramatic, heartfelt scene, i'd love to be a part of that in a film. I think it would really touch people, like it did me when I read it.

Letti
04-22-2008, 12:42 AM
You are absolutely right. Altought Susan didn't speak much at that part I don't think it would be easy to act her.

Erin
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Me either. It would be very tough acting, demonstrating the physical and emotional pain through facial expressions alone for the most part. And the "I love thee!" scream would have to be perfect.

Letti
04-22-2008, 12:54 AM
But you know their tell and feelings by heart so I am sure you would be a perfect Susan, Erin.
Moreover I think for those minutes you would feel that you are Susan. And everything would be as perfect as possible.

Erin
04-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Aw thanks Letti. :wub:

On a totally different note....I think Daghain should play Cordelia. :unsure:

*snicker*

Wuducynn
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Ohhhhhh shit!

razz
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry to be off topic, but i think David Tennant would be awesome as Eddie Dean.

ladysai
04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I would like to be Zalia Jaffords.
I think I could act like a farmer's wife who's ready to fight for the lives of her babbies.
Besides, how cool would it be to kill with a plate--even just for pretend?
(pretty cool, imho)

Enigmatism
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I'd want to be Eddie or Cuthbert

MonteGss
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I would like to be Zalia Jaffords.
I think I could act like a farmer's wife who's ready to fight for the lives of her babbies.
Besides, how cool would it be to kill with a plate--even just for pretend?
(pretty cool, imho)

I think it would be pretty cool to kill with a plate...who does that? :lol:
I also think it would be pretty cool essentially have super-speed when it comes to the quick-draw of a revolver...which is one of the reasons I'd be Roland. :)

Wuducynn
04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I think it would be pretty cool to kill with a plate...who does that? :lol:
I also think it would be pretty cool essentially have super-speed when it comes to the quick-draw of a revolver...which is one of the reasons I'd be Roland. :)

Or you could play Susannah and do both? You'd make a great Susannah I bet.

MonteGss
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Nah...my breasts are plentiful enough. :)
Also....she doesn't have the quick-draw like Roland....NOBODY does!

Wuducynn
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Nah...my breasts are plentiful enough.

That could be fixed easily enough.

Also....she doesn't have the quick-draw like Roland....NOBODY does!

True.

razz
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm more of an Alain guy. I seem kinda dumb, until the moment I'm needed.

Mark
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Do you have a round face though?

razz
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah.

Mark
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice. Do you have any psychic powers?

Matt
04-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I think I would be the Tower

**crazy laugh**

Mark
04-23-2008, 03:15 PM
:lol: Where on your body would the crimson king sit?

Matt
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a few patios :blush:

alinda
04-23-2008, 04:59 PM

razz
04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Nice. Do you have any psychic powers?
depends on who you ask. I tend to know things about people, without knowing them. usually this is a subconcious thing, and neither of us pick up on it.

razz
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
of course, if you ask other people, i'm just a crazy guy
*laugh maniacally and chews arm*

Wuducynn
04-23-2008, 06:22 PM

One real big one from the picture I've seen...

Mark
04-23-2008, 11:56 PM

One real big one from the picture I've seen...

Care to share?

Wuducynn
04-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Its on his old private message board in the "Sex chat" forum. He's got some tight underwear with a giant, fat hard-on practically putting your eye out just by looking at it..sorry, I didn't save it for you.

Matt
04-24-2008, 06:15 AM
My wife and I went through a stage...what can I say? :lol:

Kevin
04-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Jake, I just read through the whole thread to make sure nobody nabbed him. :D

Also, it would be cool to voice Blaine.

razz
04-25-2008, 05:51 AM
*hits head agains steel beams*

B0BAFETISH
05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Daniel Day Lewis or if not cast for Roland perhaps he could be cast as Stephen Deschain.

MonteGss
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Daniel Day Lewis... as Stephen Deschain.

I could see this.

Unfound One
05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Actually, yeah... Not Roland, but definitely Stephen.

B0BAFETISH
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
But of course You can't have too many "A" list astors on a project as expensive as the entire DT film series would cost.

MonteGss
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I have not seen anyone mentioned in this thread that looks like Roland...except House. There have been some fine actors named but I am firmly in the House for Roland Fanclub. :D

B0BAFETISH
05-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I have not seen anyone mentioned in this thread that looks like Roland...except House. There have been some fine actors named but I am firmly in the House for Roland Fanclub. :D

Isn't House a little too short for the role?

Matt
05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Dang--there was another page!! :lol:

Same here, I think that guy would be perfect for Roland's dad. :clap:

^in reference to Danial Day Lewis

Huge Laurie is easily over 6 feet tall.

MonteGss
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM

Are you making fun of me? :unsure:
What are you referring to here Matt? Am I missing something? :lol: Another page of bring up House...
*is confused* :)

JQ The Gunslinger
05-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Hold your breath here,before his problems i would of liked Michael J. Fox as Eddie, think about it

Matt
05-07-2008, 05:35 PM

Are you making fun of me? :unsure:
What are you referring to here Matt? Am I missing something? :lol: Another page of bring up House...
*is confused* :)

I responded to the post on the last page not realizing there was a whole bunch more posts. :thumbsup:

It happens to me sometimes. I'm fully in the House camp though.

Wuducynn
05-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Matt, you should have said something like "Yes I was making fun of you, so quit whining about it, ya little namby pamby, lousy excuse for a man, grow some balls Monte!!"

MonteGss
05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
....:rofl:

Dave Mania
05-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I often have famous actors in my head when reading a book...

For The Dark Tower it was:

Roland:
Daniel Day Lewis (almost as he looks in Gangs of New York - but better hair).

Eddie:
Rob Lowe.

Susannah:
Nia Long (as she was in Alfie).

Jake:
Patrick Bach (like he was in Jack Holborn - but blonde).

Cort:
Brian Glover (even tho' he's dead now).

Sheemie:
A mate of mine called Francis... Not much help, sorry.

Calvin Tower:
Comic Store Guy from the Simpsons, but in the flesh.

Jack Andolini:
Richard Kind from Spin City (assuming he can play hard men).

I'm gonna make it my life's ambition to become a movie director and do The Dark Tower, before anyone else comes along and louses it up... As they invariably do with Stephen King.

razz
05-09-2008, 06:18 AM
DT Cast List:
Roland: ???
Eddie: Jeff Goldblum
Jake: Haley Joel Osmen <-- Did you know he's the voice of Sora of K.H.?
Susannah: ???
Susan: Billie Piper
Oy: my dog, Axel Rose (shut up. i didn't name him.)
Sheemie: Bill Fagerbakke
Dinky (or ted. i dunno): David Tennant

B0BAFETISH
05-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Whoever they are, most should be lesser known good actors, not an all-star cast. Then the movie would suck because too much money from the budget went into casting and end up like The Stand.

razz
05-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Goldblum would make a good Eddie Dean. he has ling black hair, he can be heavily sarcastic. he's just like him.

MonteGss
05-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Goldblum is way too old for Eddie.

Matt
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
I totally agree, we need a kid in there, not a 50 year old man :lol:

jayson
05-12-2008, 07:09 AM
i had assumed he meant with a time machine or something where he could use a young jeff goldblum. obv a current goldblum is WAY too old to play Eddie.

MonteGss
05-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Well, buddy, there is no such thing as a time machine! :lol:
So, I focus on current actors and their current ages. :lol: :D

jayson
05-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Well, buddy, there is no such thing as a time machine! :lol:

well no, because i am not done with it yet. :lol:

personally, i think goldblum is wrong at any age.

MonteGss
05-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I have never been able to come up with an actor for Eddie. I've seen some actors mentioned but, for me, they are all wrong....too old. I think Matt may have mentioned somebody younger once but I didn't know him, so I can't comment. :)

Crimson King
05-12-2008, 07:24 AM
I think Emile Hirsch (sp?) could be a good Eddie...

After listening to the Muller reading of The Waste Lands, I can't stop seeing Matthew McConaughey as the Tick Tock Man...

MonteGss
05-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Hmmm....I never thought about him for Ticky...I guess I can see that one.

Dave Mania
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Matthew McConaughey for Tick Tock.... PERFECT! The dude looks exactly as I'd imagined him.

Unfound One
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Eddie is a tough one, isn't he?
Damn.
But definitely not Goldblum, at any age.

I can see McConaughey as Tick-Tock if they roughed him up a bit.

iscream22
05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Michael Moore as Roland Whitney Houston as Susannah and that ugly kid from the Shining miniseries as Eddie!

Just kidding

I think they should cast unknowns and maybe one or two big actors to help attract people who are unaware of the series' existence

Matt
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
I think Matt may have mentioned somebody younger once but I didn't know him, so I can't comment

It was Mac (that kid from the PC/Mac commercials)

He was great as a gritty kid in Die Hard 4

Unfound One
05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
That would be Justin Long:
http://bbashful66.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/long.jpg
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061011/244.long.justin.101006.jpg
And, as a gritty kid in Die Hard 4:
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Live_Free_or_Die_Hard_DieHard4/live_free_or_die_hard_movie_image_bruce_willis_and _justin_long.jpg

Matt
05-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Hell yeah!!

That dude is seriously perfect for Eddie imo.

Thanks for finding pics SJ :huglove:

Unfound One
05-13-2008, 03:14 PM
No problemo - I can actually see it too...
Good pick Matt. :thumbsup:

MonteGss
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Totally! I can't believe I forgot about him. I do remember you saying him, Matt. I like that pick too, looks wise. I've not seen him act (other than a Mac) so I'm not sure about.
So, my official casting list is now up to 2. :)

Erin
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Oooh...I like Justin Long for Eddie. He was in Jeepers Creepers. :lol:

And he's dating Drew Barrymoore. Other than those two things, that's all I know about him, other than the fact I like the way he looks for the part.

razz
05-14-2008, 04:26 AM
willie neslon should be in it. i wouldn't want him to be gran-pere though. i wanna see him fighting. if he were younger, i'd say Callahan.

Sheemie Ruiz
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
nobody said Clint couldn't be in the movie...maybe as the Pere though...and definitely Christopher Walken or Willem Defoe as Flagg.

Matt
05-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd take Clint as the Pere for sure, I think that's a great idea

I tried to find some pics of him looking gritty from the movie, he was really good.

And Drew Barrymore--:drool:

http://gallery.bizhat.com/data/1145/medium/drew_barrymore_23.jpg

Erin
05-15-2008, 08:41 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

She's so hot.

Unfound One
05-15-2008, 08:45 PM
:o Ummm yeah.

special k
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
iono my first choice for eddie would probably be jensen ackles from supernatural. hes already nailed the role of the smartass imo. my second choice would be rider strong based on look.

Sheemie Ruiz
05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
nobody said Clint couldn't be in the movie...maybe as the Pere though...and definitely Christopher Walken or Willem Defoe as Flagg.
Roland would be House or viggo mortensen. if Cort were ka-tet, i would cast Billy Connolly. i thought Jake could be haley joel osment, but i dunno. now he's too old. justin long would make a good Eddie. as Susannah, i would try to get shanesia davis-williams.

MonteGss
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I just wanted a visual of the above actress since I didn't know her:
http://www.angelfire.com/tv/earlyedition/swilliams.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eeextraedition/sept98/images/sdw3.jpg

I could see her as Susannah. Is she a good at acting? Looks wise...she might be the best suggestion I've seen. :)

Unfound One
05-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, on her looks alone I say a good Susannah.
I'd have to see her act though...

jayson
05-17-2008, 03:57 PM
here's a question... how tall is Eddie supposed to be? I ask because Justin Long is VERY short.

MonteGss
05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh really? Hmmm.
I don't remember how tall Eddie is....shorter than Roland but taller (obviously) than Susannah. :)

Sheemie Ruiz
05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, on her looks alone I say a good Susannah.
I'd have to see her act though...

She played the blind woman on Early Edition... other than that, i'm not really sure what else she was in.

Erin
05-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Earlier I saw this on the SKMB....Dominic Monaghan (Charlie from Lost) as Eddie.

I can't figure out if I think it's a good idea or a bad one. :orely:

Unfound One
05-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Eh, they only say that because of the junkie issue.
I can't see Dom as Eddie.
He's too.... blonde. :lol:
:lol: I guess I see Eddie as a brunette. Almost Italian looking.
*shrugs*