PDA

View Full Version : Certain famous actor mentioned in Wizard and Glass? ''minor spoiler''

LovesSweetExile
06-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Can't remember the exact page, think it was during their visit to Topeka after Blaine, but Adam Sandler is mentioned as something like an unknown comic or something similar, does anyone know if King is referring the the actual Adam Sandler from The Waterboy?

Bev Vincent
06-14-2010, 02:09 AM
He's only unknown to Eddie, who also didn't know about Stephen King in his universe. At the time of W&G, Sandler would have been known primarily from Saturday Night Live and from the movies Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
well he wasn't known to "Eddie" cause "Eddie" was a junkie. & it's actually surprising he didn't know who "King" was cause in (1987) they had done a few movies of his by than. my guess is he was just to damn stoned to pay any attention

Bev Vincent
01-19-2011, 03:55 AM
It's also possible that in Eddie's reality, which wasn't the Keystone, that Stephen King didn't write The Shining, which was something Eddie was familiar with.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
or "Eddie" was like one of those people who have seen "King's movies such as say "Shawshank Redemption" or "Stand By Me' & they see it many times over the years. & they find out that it was written by "Stephen King' & that what the hell? he wrote that?

cause not everyone reads the credits while watching a movie. i do but not everyone does. & yes i'm sure there are people like that. & since he was a junkie he may have seen the film of 'The Shining" on tv while stoned out of his mind. & therefore remembered watching it. this is just all guesswork you understand

Brainslinger
01-23-2011, 06:18 PM
or "Eddie" was like one of those people who have seen "King's movies such as say "Shawshank Redemption" or "Stand By Me' & they see it many times over the years. & they find out that it was written by "Stephen King' & that what the hell? he wrote that?

The suggestion in the later books seemed to be that Stephen King does not exist in Eddie's world.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
well as i've said before i haven't read all the books yet. so that was just me guessing. i wonder how many world there actually are ya know?

is Eddie's timeline the same as "Susannah"s? i wonder? or rather world, portal whatever it's called i forget,
so bear with me

SloTrans
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
well as i've said before i haven't read all the books yet. so that was just me guessing. i wonder how many world there actually are ya know?

is Eddie's timeline the same as "Susannah"s? i wonder? or rather world, portal whatever it's called i forget,
so bear with me

I'd say in infinite number of worlds. What book are you in now?

Roland of Gilead 33
01-24-2011, 01:34 AM
oh "W&G" it's a bit slow on where i am now. basically they are still introducing the characters in the flashback story more or less. & i'm almost 200 pages into now.

Kidd Ikarus
01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
You should finish the books and you'll get your answers.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
well give me some time to do so. he he. one question though. does "SK" actually answer all the questions that are brung up? i know that author's don't always do that unfortunally. neither to tv shows or movies for that matter. but in the case of the "DT" series does all the questions brung up basically get answered?

Jean
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
No.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
well damn, but hopefully he will answer those left unanswered in the next "DT" book that he's at some point going to write.

SloTrans
01-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd say the things he doesn't reveal are the most interesting. Something for my brain to chew on, hehe.