PDA

View Full Version : International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Pages : [1] 2 3

WeDealInLead
05-17-2010, 07:09 PM
OK. This is my Grail of SK books as I'm sure it is for a lot of people on here. It's Gunslinger 1st/1st for dirt cheap. It's in OK shape but does have a little more wear and tear than I'd like. Still... I want it. Therein lies the problem though. Seller won't ship outside US. I'll dip into savings for this and send you the money as soon as you hit BIN. You will have money in your Paypal account before you have to pay.

This is the link and I hope whoever clicks on this is clicking because they're considering helping me and not buying the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190397811786&Category=377&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

You can make an offer so maybe start at $320 and go until it's accepted.

I've only bought from two people on here but I would pay within minutes of receiving the invoice.

Come on, TDT, do me a "solid".

Pretty please?

biomieg
05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't help you as I'm outside The States myself. But it has been done before so I hope someone helps you out! Good luck!

Room 217 Caretaker
05-18-2010, 03:41 AM
OK. This is my Grail of SK books as I'm sure it is for a lot of people on here. It's Gunslinger 1st/1st for dirt cheap. It's in OK shape but does have a little more wear and tear than I'd like. Still... I want it. Therein lies the problem though. Seller won't ship outside US. I'll dip into savings for this and send you the money as soon as you hit BIN. You will have money in your Paypal account before you have to pay.

This is the link and I hope whoever clicks on this is clicking because they're considering helping me and not buying the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190397811786&Category=377&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

You can make an offer so maybe start at $320 and go until it's accepted.

I've only bought from two people on here but I would pay within minutes of receiving the invoice.

Come on, TDT, do me a "solid".

Pretty please?

I'll help you out. I'm in touch with the seller right now making an offer for you.

Ralph Mulleins

Calla_Wolf
05-18-2010, 04:12 AM
:)

Isn't this a great place to be?

wizardsrainbow
05-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Awwww, I wanted to help. Use me as a backup anytime.

And matey, yeah this is a great place! You know first hand my friend!

WeDealInLead
05-18-2010, 04:22 AM
It sure is. It's incredible.

I would've paid $350 last night when I saw the auction without even thinking about it. I'm not a fan of paying through Paypal and funding the purchase through CC (3 days away from payday) but I'm willing to bend my own rules for The Gunslinger.

Rahfa
05-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Is that a good price for it, given the d/j condition?

I'm not saying it is or isn't...I have no idea.

biomieg
05-18-2010, 05:16 AM
I wouldn't know but let me use a (most likely flawed) analogy: a really nice 1st Carrie goes for about the same price as a really nice 1st Gunslinger, I think (guesstimate: $750? The exact price doesn't really matter).

Well, my Carrie 1st is an ex-library copy which looks amazing (a small stain on the spine and some glue residue on the front endpaper, but no stamps or any other flaw - I would say both book and DJ are NF) and I got it for $325. Based on that, I would say that this copy of The Gunslinger is not worth $350.

BUT, if you want it, any price you're willing to pay is the right price.

WeDealInLead
05-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Many thanks to Mulleins, I am now an owner of The Gunslinger 1st/1st. I know that's nothing compared to the lettered and slipcased editions of the book but realistically... I'll never own one of those.

This is the $$$ breakdown:

the book $350
new(er) DJ $120
shipping $4 to Mulleins + whatever it cost to ship it to me

I still think it's a good deal.

wizardsrainbow
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
congrats! And a nice assist to Ralph!

biomieg
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
If you can get a nice DJ for $120, then it's not a bad deal at all!! Congratulations! And kudos to Ralph and this community in general :D

shibus
05-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I've got quite a few 1st DJ's. From VG to Fine. PM me if interested and maybe we can work something out.

wizardsrainbow
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
And Stu left me with 1 pristine, not folded Gunslinger 1st DJ but I'm not selling that baby!

herbertwest
05-18-2010, 12:31 PM
If it's all good for @WeDealInLead, can someone please help me to get a "Illustrated Stephen King companion"?
$26;50 on amazon.com
it says that this book cant be shipped outside of US...

Randall Flagg
05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
If it's all good for @WeDealInLead, can someone please help me to get a "Illustrated Stephen King companion"?
$26;50 on amazon.com
I think we'll have to figure out the best way for members to make these type of requests for personal favors.

frik
05-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Ralp helped me out too! great guy!!:couple:

sk

Randall Flagg
05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
This thread was created for members to assist one another buying and shipping items overseas.

lophophoras
05-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Ralp helped me out too! great guy!!:couple:

sk

Way to go Ralph!

:thumbsup:

turtlex
05-19-2010, 11:39 AM
$26;50 on amazon.com

Are you looking to purchase one of the used ones?!

herbertwest
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
$26;50 on amazon.com

Are you looking to purchase one of the used ones?!

Yeah.. cheapest copy possible as they seem ok, and shipping will add to the cost.

turtlex
05-19-2010, 12:30 PM
PM heading your way, my friend.

turtlex
05-20-2010, 06:49 AM
$26;50 on amazon.com

I'm helping out with this one, so I think we're all caught up with requests.

:grouphug:

biomieg
05-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Yet another great example of TDT.comradery! I've missed out more than once on great books because the seller simply refused to ship overseas (even when I was the only bidder) so it feels good to know that, should it happen again, I can give The Corner a try :)

herbertwest
05-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Yep, it's done for me (so far)

Thanks Turtlex!

Fsmdr
05-20-2010, 09:30 PM
This might be useful to post this here. Check out bookdepository.com. They ship FREE worldwide :thumbsup:

http://www.bookdepository.com/

Disclaimer: I have not used them before but I plan to in the near future

Cloysterpete
05-21-2010, 01:07 AM
This might be useful to post this here. Check out bookdepository.com. They ship FREE worldwide :thumbsup:

http://www.bookdepository.com/

Disclaimer: I have not used them before but I plan to in the near future

I have, I've bought 20 books from them in the last few weeks and no problems, I was a bit hesitant to use them at first due to unfavorable reviews online but I thought I would give them a go and it's worked out so far :thumbsup:

Be aware that even if you order like ten books they will all ship separately, one of book depository's funny quirks lol.

Also if you shop from http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/givemefive and follow the instructions you get 5% off, remember that takes you to the UK site so be sure to check the prices between the two sites first.

ELazansky
05-21-2010, 02:46 AM
I've bought the UK Horns from Book Depository. It was 11 dollars with free shipping. Book was packed well. I'd definitely buy from them again.

Fsmdr
05-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Book was packed well.

That's great to know. It was my main concern when buying from an overseas bookstore.

CyberGhostface
07-19-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.underthedome.co.uk/

Anyone else get the vibe that they just took photos of random people and said "What the hell, let's just throw it in"?

Not only do they really look nothing like the characters (look at Barbie) but the rest of the character selections are really random. I mean, Samantha Bushey? Janelle Everett? Really? You'd think they chose characters that actually had an impact on the plot. Off the top of my head, Scarecrow Joe, Big Jim Rennie, and Julia Shumway would have been much better choices if you're going to do photo covers of different characters.

Bev Vincent
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I think the Tesco-only cover is Scarecrow Joe. Also, you can order a five-pack from Tesco (http://www.tesco.com/books/product.aspx?R=9781444707670&in_merch=1&in_merch_title=You+may+also+like&in_merch_name=Under+the+Dome%3A+5+Book+Shrink+Wrap ).

DoctorDodge
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I should've got the hardback! :doh: I've never liked photo covers. Just feels tacky and cheesy, to me. Unfortunatly, we in the UK have been guilty of them. I thought they were just for Martina Cole novels now, but Stephen King? Really? And no paperback with the hardback cover? Shoot!

CyberGhostface
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I think the Tesco-only cover is Scarecrow Joe.

No, that's Ollie Dinsmore apparently.

pixiedark76
07-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the Tesco-only cover is Scarecrow Joe. Also, you can order a five-pack from Tesco (http://www.tesco.com/books/product.aspx?R=9781444707670&in_merch=1&in_merch_title=You+may+also+like&in_merch_name=Under+the+Dome%3A+5+Book+Shrink+Wrap ).

I tried to get an account on Tesco, but they said I needed a post code. Does the US have a post code?

I wonder if Tesco delivers outside the UK to the US?

DoctorDodge
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't think so, pixiedark76: it is primarily a supermarket after all. I think the different cover are less for collector's interests and just another way to get people to buy their food!

And, despite the fact that I'm against photo covers more than anyone (especially when those photo covers don't even accurately portray the characters they're supposed to be!), I bought a copy anyway. Bloody WHSmith's with it's half priced offers!

pixiedark76
07-21-2010, 03:34 PM
:cry::cry::cry: I really want to buy the 5 pack of Under the Dome books from Tesco, but I can't get an account. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I wonder if someone in the UK could buy it for me and then I could pay the person when the book gets shipped to me?:excited:

boq
07-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I would do that for you pixiedark76.

My local large supermarket that I use all the time is a Tesco, and I've just checked and appear to have an account with them. Must have registered years ago and forgotten all about it.
Anyway, checking online I can buy the shrinkwrapped set for £27.97 with £2.74 postage, although I can easily check if I can walk in and buy the set straight off the shelf tomorrow.
I'm guessing this would be a hefty package though... shipping could be pretty expensive. Again, I can look into this for you if you're really keen on the set?

pixiedark76
07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes I would be interested. Thank you. We could keep in touch and work out the details of payment.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Here is a picture of the SIX UK paperbacks of UTD.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/utd_uk_pb.jpg

boq
07-25-2010, 03:50 AM
pixiedark76 - been checking out the details of the set. As DoctorDodge says above, the books can be picked up for a fraction of the cost from WH Smith in the UK... £3.20 a piece, making it only £16 for the set compared to Tesco's almost £31 (has to be ordered online). The difference being that only Tesco offers the 5 as a shrinkwrapped set. I'm assuming if I check out both my local WH Smith stores I'll be able to assemble a set of 5 different covers. I'm guessing it'll depend on how much you want the actual physical shrinkwrap itself?
I also took the opportunity to weigh one of the books in Tesco... it appears to weigh somewhere between 580 and 600g, meaning the 5 are going to weigh around 3Kg. I'll check with Royal Mail how much that's going to cost to ship.
I'll pm you once I've got all the details gathered...

Mr. Trick... thanks for the pic. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in sunny Bathgate, West Lothian. Bang in the middle between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Mr. Trick... thanks for the pic. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in sunny Bathgate, West Lothian. Bang in the middle between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

The 5 book package weighs 3Kg.

The 5th book is only available from Tesco, and the limited edition 1/100 postcards only come with the set of 5.

I live south of Aberdeen, (for work), but I'm from Troon originally.

boq
07-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Great info... thanks.

Troon!? I lived in Irvine for three years back in the late 80's... my first real job and first (tiny) flat. Had a great time and absolutely loved it. Ayrshire folks are some of the best in Scotland. Sure miss the view of beautiful Arran on a sunny day.
Come to think of it, that's where I first started reading The Dark Tower :cowboy:

boq
07-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Oof! Just worked out shipping for an (estimated) 4Kg package (with packing - I guessed an extra kilo, but it'll probably be lighter than that).
Shipping would be around £24 with Royal Mail! What's that?... about $40. Almost as much as the books themselves. Scary.
Let me know what you think pixiedark76.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Sure miss the view of beautiful Arran on a sunny day.

Me too. There are no islands on the East coast. There is nothing to see but sea! And it's freezin'.

pixiedark76
07-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I will have to take a day or so to think about it. That is a lot of money in shipping and handling.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I will have to take a day or so to think about it. That is a lot of money in shipping and handling.

It's not that much...

This set has just sold for $195 on eBay. The seller has 9 sets left.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290457685509

boq
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if here's another carrier I can use? I've rarely shipped across the Atlantic and always just use what I used the last time... Royal Mail. I'll look into it.
Any tips appreciated.

Randall Flagg
07-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm going to merge this into the International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=10659) thread in Calvin's Corner. Good luck.

Cloysterpete
07-26-2010, 01:31 AM
I would do that for you pixiedark76.

My local large supermarket that I use all the time is a Tesco, and I've just checked and appear to have an account with them. Must have registered years ago and forgotten all about it.
Anyway, checking online I can buy the shrinkwrapped set for £27.97 with £2.74 postage, although I can easily check if I can walk in and buy the set straight off the shelf tomorrow.
I'm guessing this would be a hefty package though... shipping could be pretty expensive. Again, I can look into this for you if you're really keen on the set?

I ordered a set (arrived Sat), if you do order one make sure to use the code FREEDELIVERY2010 in the checkout process, saves the £2.74 postage then.

Tesco have a cheek charging for postage when all there competitors (play, Amazon, Book Depos) have free del with no min spend.

Oh and the box the set arrives in is complete pooh, it came busted through in one corner but the books are fine.

herbertwest
07-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Great info... thanks.

Troon!? I lived in Irvine for three years back in the late 80's... my first real job and first (tiny) flat. Had a great time and absolutely loved it. Ayrshire folks are some of the best in Scotland. Sure miss the view of beautiful Arran on a sunny day.
Come to think of it, that's where I first started reading The Dark Tower :cowboy:

Culzean castle is really nice :-)

boq
07-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Aye it is! Only ever visited once, but it was a bonnie day and I was with my pals :D

Regarding shipping from the UK to the US, is there an easy answer to there being someone who'll handle things cheaper than the Royal Mail? I've had a quick browse and every other option I find is pure extortion compared to what they offer <_<
All advice appreciated, as ever :)

pixiedark76
07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I have decided that I don't want the books after all.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Regarding shipping from the UK to the US, is there an easy answer to there being someone who'll handle things cheaper than the Royal Mail?

Royal Mail is the cheapest. Couriers are cheaper for really heavy/bulky items.

boq
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Thanks Mr. Rabbit Trick... I thought it was a case of me not being able to see the wood for the trees :)

No problem pixiedark76... would have been nice to have been of assistance but I understand.
For anyone else looking for help with UK/International shipping, you can count me in as an "agent" 8)
:D

Cloysterpete
07-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Just sent one of these sets to the States via Royal Mail, what a freaking rip-off!. Surface Mail costs £21/$32, Air Mail Printed Paper costs £38/$59 or Air Mail International Parcels is £46/$71.

Mad aint it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2010, 06:00 AM
It's expensive, but remember, there are 5 huge books in that package.

Calla_Wolf
09-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Hello all lovely people in the US :)

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to buy some camera equipment on my behalf and ship it to the UK. Cost would be around the $250-300 mark and the package would be quite small. Obviously, I'd cover all costs.
PM me? Many thanks, Ceri

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Ceri, get them to write "book" on the Customs form. You will escape any duty/VAT that way.

kkemikk
09-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks Mr. Rabbit Trick... I thought it was a case of me not being able to see the wood for the trees :)

No problem pixiedark76... would have been nice to have been of assistance but I understand.
For anyone else looking for help with UK/International shipping, you can count me in as an "agent" 8)
:D

I am also interested in this paperback set. How much are postage costs to Slovenia?

Ari_Racing
09-09-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't know how smart/dumb are the custom people in the UK, but here, even when you declare "empty envelope", they'll put the package through x-rays and find out what you're receiving. If you lie, you can even be fined

Brice
09-09-2010, 07:56 AM
What if you send a cheap book and consider whatever else is in there packing materials? :orely:

Ari_Racing
09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I can't speak for other customs, but here they don't let pass anything. And believe me...I know them a lot, since I've been buying things abroad for more than 10 years already.

Brice
09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I think with the UK you can. I've called everything a book I think and nothing's ever not got to it's destination.

turtlex
09-09-2010, 08:06 AM
If I remember, I usually mark it with "Gift" as well. I'm not sure that makes a difference, but someone recommended it once.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
We let EVERYTHING and EVERYONE into the UK. :pullhair:

Ari_Racing
09-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry to ask, but what's the bid deal on everyone wanting to go everywhere?

gsvec
09-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Reaching out to my DT friends for some advice.

I've been corresponding with someone in the UK about purchasing a rare book valued at $1000+ but apparently no one will insure a package coming to the US for more than $1000. I'm sure it will be packed quite well, but what keeps coming to mind is the ripped up box I got from Germany with the metallic Dark Tower books. I think I was very lucky the books themselves weren't damaged, but that CANNOT happen to this book!

The other thing I'm wondering about is payment. If we use PayPal, they charge a 4% fee which boils down to a lot of money for a purchase of this size. Are US Cashiers Checks or Certified Checks cashable in the UK?

Another option: Can anyone loan me the funds to fly to the UK and pick it up myself? :D

Randall Flagg
09-24-2010, 02:25 PM
If you are the buyer, the seller eats the 4% charge on Paypal. You could Paypal using your credit card as payment (covers you) and the shipper could insure the package for whatever the maximum amount is ($999?).
The risk falls more on the seller than the buyer.

gsvec
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Jerome. Part of the deal is that I agreed to pay any extra charges (including PayPal fees if that's the way we go) so that the seller nets the agreed-to amount. Credit card, though - I wasn't thinking about the extra coverage. I might bring that option up. And although the risk DOES fall to the seller, this is a one-of-a-kind book and I just want to be sure it arrives safely in one piece.

Calla_Wolf
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Seller will need to go to a MAIN BRANCH Post Office and ask for International DataPost with ENHANCED compensation. It isn't cheap but it is very safe and fully covered

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Another option: Can anyone loan me the funds to fly to the UK and pick it up myself? :D

Your ticket is in the post. (but it might get lost) :)

Ceri is correct. You can insure the parcel for the full cost, but it is VERY expensive.

agrabin
09-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Reaching out to my DT friends for some advice.

I've been corresponding with someone in the UK about purchasing a rare book valued at $1000+ but apparently no one will insure a package coming to the US for more than $1000. I'm sure it will be packed quite well, but what keeps coming to mind is the ripped up box I got from Germany with the metallic Dark Tower books. I think I was very lucky the books themselves weren't damaged, but that CANNOT happen to this book!

The other thing I'm wondering about is payment. If we use PayPal, they charge a 4% fee which boils down to a lot of money for a purchase of this size. Are US Cashiers Checks or Certified Checks cashable in the UK?

Purchase /Personal Transfer

Pay

Free*

Get paid

1.4% to 3.4% + £0.20 GBP*

Send money /Receive money

It's free* when you use your PayPal balance or your bank account linked to your PayPal account.

There is a charge of 3.4% + £0.20 GBP* for debit or credit card payments
(either the sender or recipient can pay this fee).

If your transaction involves a currency conversion, it will be completed at a retail exchange rate determined by PayPal. This rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency.

A cross-border fee of 0.5% may apply. This fee is waived for UK sellers who are registered with PayPal in a European Union country and who receive payments in Euros from other EU countries.

So...if you transfer money from your bank account into your Paypal account and use that money to make a PERSONAL payment the transaction is free...subject of course to the spread for the currency exchange and the 'cross-border ' fee of 0.5% if it applies.

Royal Mail will insure your package for up to £1000 (around $1500) and above, but it is expensive. Depending on its size it could cost you from $125 upwards.

If I had the money and the time I'd bring the book across the Atlantic and deliver it to you myself.
Actually, I could make the time but money would be a problem...oh well, maybe some other time.

Hope this all helps a bit.

Stockerlone
09-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi,
i look for something that is cheap, but in Germany not so easy to become.
A cover for: Joe Hill Heart-Shaped Box HC 2007 HarperCollins -Morrow.

pls PN

tks

gsvec
09-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. Still workin' through it all . . . :D

Randall Flagg
09-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi,

pls PN

tks
Do you want just a dustjacket?

Patrick
09-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi,

pls PN

tks
I don't have a dustjacket unless you wanted the book that came with it, but some friends of mine just left yesterday for Germany on vacation. I wish I had known of this request a couple days ago.

Stockerlone
09-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi,

pls PN

tks

Yes, only a dustjacket, i dont wanna order the ´complete´ book from the uk or usa. I have a good book, but without dustjacket.

Randall Flagg
09-26-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll sell you a dj only for $29 + shipping.

biomieg
10-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Hello guys. This DANSE MACABRE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120639456464&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) looks quite nice and it so happens that I would like to upgrade my mediocre copy. This seller doesn't ship to Europe and for some reason eBay doesn't allow me to contact the seller directly to ask if he's willing to ship to The Netherlands.

Please PM me if you'd be willing to place a bid on my behalf. Thanks a lot!

*edit* I received several PMs, thanks a lot guys!

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!B6mQQD!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!iEEycLIp7coBM)4EzkU5g~~_12.J PG

ELazansky
10-27-2010, 06:01 AM
PM Sent

Randall Flagg
10-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Wonderful community here.:couple:

biomieg
10-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Wonderful community here.:couple:

Indeed!!!

biomieg
10-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Hmpff. Looks like the auction was ended early. I guess someone made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse? I really hate that...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-28-2010, 03:10 AM
Hmpff. Looks like the auction was ended early. I guess someone made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse? I really hate that...

It also f*cks up all those who had sniper bids on it. :evil:

jhanic
10-28-2010, 04:00 AM
I've been guilty of "making an offer the seller can't refuse" and I don't feel bad about it. When I REALLY want an item, I'll do it!

John

biomieg
10-28-2010, 04:24 AM
I know, John... it's the way things work. It's just that I would understand it better if it were a signed/limited edition or another scarce item...but a trade hardcover?

turtlex
10-28-2010, 05:09 AM
This might be a pet-peeve of mine, but if something is up for AUCTION, then I'm always kind of bothered when the auction is ended early for whatever reason ( usually because someone made an offer ) ... I mean, they have a MAKE AN OFFER feature at eBay, and when the person put the auction up, they didn't choose that option. It just seems unfair. I mean, I'm prepped for the auction to go until the end time. If making an offer was an option - they should have used that feature in eBay, so I'd know that the auction might be ended early and could plan accordingly .... just sayin'. :shrugs:

ETA: Oh, and to be clear - my issue there is with the SELLER who doesn't indicate to everyone that offers are accepted. I don't begrudge the buyer who takes the initiative. Not at all.

biomieg
10-28-2010, 06:53 AM

And I agree with Pam - if a seller is open to offers it would be very nice to use the friggin' option... In that case I would have tried to establish contact with the seller and make him an offer. I guess I can file this under 'live and learn'.

Fsmdr
10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Any suggestions on where I can order online in the UK for a 1st/1st of the UK Full Dark No Stars where it will be packed properly and safely?. I have tried ordering UTD twice from Amazon.uk and both times the book arrived terribly battered. (so I'm still out of a UK UTD). It's too much of a hit and miss with Amazon.uk. I really like Hatchards packaging but they do not stock Stephen Kings online. I'd love to know where everybody else get their UK editions.

agrabin
11-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Waterstone's are doing a good deal on a pre-ordered UK FDNS hardcover.
RRP - £18.99 for £10.99. The problem is of course, that their packaging is notoriously poor...remember the S/L UTD fiasco. Not sure about the cost of posting to USA so you would need to go online and go through the ordering process to find out. If you don't want to risk buying that way, maybe I can organise something from this side of the 'pond' for you if you want. :)

Cloysterpete
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
There is no-where in the UK that will package the book nicely, I buy from either Amazon or Book Depository, the problem is all online sites in the UK have free postage for books, dvd, games etc, which means they scrimp on packing to save money.

Your best bet is to buy two copies (they'll be sent seperate) from Book Depository, then you have a good chance one will arrive nice, like maybe one will have a good dj while the other will have the book itself in good condition. They have free worldwide shipping (I assume your in the US) so buying two from them (they beat Amazon on prices - slightly) wouldn't work out much more expensive than buying one from Amazon.uk and shipping it to the US.

darkdiscoveries
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
This is a cool idea (helping people out with shipping overseas that is)! I've done this a couple times for friends like Rocky Wood, etc. and others have done it for me when it's something that only came out in Australia, UK, etc. or the seller won't ship overseas.

I'm happy to do this for anybody else here as well.

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

Room 217 Caretaker
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
This is a cool idea (helping people out with shipping overseas that is)! I've done this a couple times for friends like Rocky Wood, etc. and others have done it for me when it's something that only came out in Australia, UK, etc. or the seller won't ship overseas.

I'm happy to do this for anybody else here as well.

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

Welcome James

Helping each other with UK/US shipping is just a small part of what our family here at DT.Org will do for each other. It's an incredible site filled with outstanding people.

You are welcome to stick around and be a part of the family and share your book collection, dreams, likes, dislikes, and everyday thoughts.

Welcome

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Patrick
11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
What Ralph said.

Welcome to TDT.org, and Calvin's Corner in particular, James!

Fsmdr
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and offer. Mulleins has very kindly offered to get me the copies when he get his from his UK contact. It is rather discouraging trying to get something that must be rather common overseas with proper packaging. So I'm good for now. :nana:

ChristineB
11-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I have to say after last year's printing of UTD (the trade edition) I am no longer ordering my "collectable" copies online. Part of the reason is the shipping issues, the other part is just how bad the original printing of these books was. I found atleast half the copies at the book store had flaws that were caused in the acutal printing of the book, not to mention flaws that were caused in the packing of the book from the printer.

I will now be buying these books at a book store so I can see what I am getting before I give up any money for them.

And as always I am willing to help out any of our members in other countries with getting any books you want from here. :)

Patrick
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Christine, I agree with you about buying current trade editions that you want to collect. Buying in person means you know the quality and the price differential should be pretty low or even non-existent.

biomieg
11-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Once again I ask for help. There is an eBay seller listing a number of nice items (some magazines and assorted other stuff) and I would like to bid on a couple of them but she won't ship outside the US (I sent her an email to make sure). Please PM me if you would like to help me out. We're not talking big $$, maybe $20-30 combined at most for a couple of thingies.

Thanks a lot!

- Michaël

Brice
11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
message sent

biomieg
11-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks, brother B.!

Brice
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Anytime, my friend!

frik
12-27-2010, 12:46 PM
This post is no longer necessary!

sk

Cloysterpete
12-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Is anyone here a member of the Science Fiction book club?, normally I get there books from eBay but I can't find one I'm looking for.

jhanic
12-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Pete, I belong to the Book of the Month Club. Which book are you looking for? (Most of the SF club books are available to me!)

John

Cloysterpete
12-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Pete, I belong to the Book of the Month Club. Which book are you looking for? (Most of the SF club books are available to me!)

John

Keene's Gathering of Crows, I didn't realise that it existed when I bought Dark Hollow, I just got an email back from the guy I bought Dark Hollow from saying he has some in stock. Many thanks for offering to help though John, I love this place :)

kkemikk
12-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Can someone from UK be kind enough and order this 5 book set of Under The Dome from tesco and that send it to me to Slovenia?
http://www.tesco.com/books/product.aspx?R=9781444707670
But first I would like to know how much postage costs would be.

Thank you

Edit: Payment would be made by PayPal

jhanic
12-29-2010, 08:56 AM
That's a neat set. Good luck in finding someone to get one for you!

John

thegreattim
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I also tired to order that set when it was released, but they refused overseas shipping. I hope you find someone to help!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Can someone from UK be kind enough and order this 5 book set of Under The Dome from tesco and that send it to me to Slovenia?

This sold out many weeks ago. There were only 100 copies.

kkemikk
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM

This sold out many weeks ago. There were only 100 copies.

Ah too bad than. From their store it still looks like it's available.

Jimimck
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Ah too bad than. From their store it still looks like it's available.

You're right, it does. Maybe its worth giving it a shot anyway?

Stockerlone
12-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Damn.... because of snow problems in the US and Europe the normal delivery time of parcel´s
from US to Europe/Germany is up to 6-8 weeks.....:scared:

herbertwest
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Can someone please help me with an ebay auction which i cannot bid on it? (France is not allowed to see the item... )

Randall Flagg
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Can someone please help me with an ebay auction which i cannot bid on it? (France is not allowed to see the item... )

What auction, and do you want help from the USA, or is it easier for you if the help is from someone in the European area?

biomieg
03-14-2011, 06:09 AM
A little premature maybe, but once it's issued: is anyone willing to send me a copy of The Atlantic with King's new short story 'Herman Wouk is Still Alive' that is due out in May? I have a nagging suspicion that I won't be able to get a copy through their website.

jhanic
03-14-2011, 06:18 AM
According to Bev Vincent, it will be available on their website. If you're a subscriber, you can even get it a week early!

John

biomieg
03-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah, but I would like to have it in hardcopy and I don't think they ship overseas.

ELazansky
03-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I'd be happy to try and find a copy for you - only have one Barnes and Noble in town but I'm sure they carry The Atlantic

biomieg
03-14-2011, 06:54 AM
That would be great! Thank you. We'll get in touch once it's published.

frik
03-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I do believe the ABC in The Hague and/or Amsterdam sell this magazine.

sk

biomieg
03-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Siep! I'll check it out!

Jimimck
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
ebay : 120701289578
Stephen King Silver Bullet Promo Paperweight

If I was to win one of these, would anyone be keen for me to have it posted to them and then ship it to New Zealand? Not a big priority re purchasing, but its kinda cool...

Ari_Racing
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I wonder if someone could grab this magazine for me and send it to my house in Argentina. I can pay via paypal all costs (magazine, shipping, etc).

http://www.wga.org/writtenby/writtenby.aspx

Much appreciated! :)

Randall Flagg
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I wonder if someone could grab this magazine for me and send it to my house in Argentina. I can pay via paypal all costs (magazine, shipping, etc).

http://www.wga.org/writtenby/writtenby.aspx

Much appreciated! :)
Which issue-the April/May?

Ari_Racing
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Yes. Sorry (forgot to mention it). It's the last number, the one that has an article by JK Rowling.

Thanks!

Randall Flagg
04-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I'll be damned if I can figure out how to purchase one.

ELazansky
04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Try this link - http://www.wga.org/writtenby/writtenbysub.aspx?id=900

(NOTE: To order a gift, or to order single issues, use the phone, e-mail, or downloadable form options.)

Jimimck
05-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi guys,
I'm probably being very optimistic in hoping I can get this for the price I want to pay, but hoping someone may be able to help me bid on SOD Vol1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260777785425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller doesn't accept bids from, or ships to, people from outside US. They can't accept questions either for me to ask that they accept my bid anyway.

I'm hoping someone may consider bidding $110 (maybe up to $125) for me, and then help in sending the book to me in NZ? As I said, I doubt I'll actually get the book for that low price anyway, but no harm in trying...

Thanks
James

Randall Flagg
05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
If it doesn't work out, let me know. I may have an extra copy.

Jimimck
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks Jerome. Will do

Cloysterpete
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Would anyone be able to help me out with an auction win, if possible I would like to get the item sent to your US address them sent on to the UK. Its only a small item (80g weight) and doesn't require a great deal of packaging.

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Depends on what it's 80 grams of, Pete! They can send to my US APO here in Germany, then I can forward to the UK via Deutsch Post. Should be pretty cheap, between 6 & 10 euros, not sure about mailing rates from Germany to UK, but hell you're only up the road, shouldn't be that much.

Cloysterpete
05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the offer George but it has to be the US unfortunately. It's a old handheld console - a little Gameboy Micro, seller is being a bit of a sod about shipping outside of US. Knew I should have bought one on ebayUK, but there all 2nd hand here, no new models available.

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
An APO is US! Just like shipping to New York, except seller would have to fill out a customs declaration ... but it is a US address! Why don't you PM with the auction info and I'll see if I can snag it for you.

Randall Flagg
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Would anyone be able to help me out with an auction win, if possible I would like to get the item sent to your US address them sent on to the UK. Its only a small item (80g weight) and doesn't require a great deal of packaging.
I'd be happy to help.

Cloysterpete
05-24-2011, 08:55 AM
An APO is US! Just like shipping to New York, except seller would have to fill out a customs declaration ... but it is a US address! Why don't you PM with the auction info and I'll see if I can snag it for you.

Cool, I didn't know how that worked, does the military forward stuff from the states to your German base then?. I'll contact the seller to see if he will sent to an APO.

Thanks for the offer RF!.

Jimimck
07-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Would anyone who ships from the US to overseas destinations from time to time, have any idea what it might cost to ship a collectors set of UTD to New Zealand? I'm constantly looking to find a deal for this book, but majority of sellers will only ship to the US, so I'm hoping a kind sole will offer to help me once I know what shipping costs I'm looking at.

Cheers
James

Dolso
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Would anyone who ships from the US to overseas destinations from time to time, have any idea what it might cost to ship a collectors set of UTD to New Zealand? I'm constantly looking to find a deal for this book, but majority of sellers will only ship to the US, so I'm hoping a kind sole will offer to help me once I know what shipping costs I'm looking at.

Cheers
James

If I'm using the USPS site correctly, I come up with between $55 and $60 shipped in a large flat rate box - expected delivery in 6 to 10 days .... although many times it is longer than that .... I estimated 7 pounds in weight -- that easily changes depending on packaging

Jimimck
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Dolso, exactly what I was after.
Also, PM sent.
Cheers

Ari_Racing
09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Hello all,

I'm currently interested in a particular item at half.com (ebay company) that costs less than 5 dls, but I can't pay it via paypal as I do with ebay.com

If anyone can get it for me, I'll be very thankful. I can pay via paypal for all expenses.

Much appreciated!

Randall Flagg
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
PM me. I will help..unless you need someone outside the USA.

The Library Policeman
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Could anyone help me with this USA only auction? Been after one of these for ages and if some kind soul in the States could bid on my behalf and ship to me (if won of course) in the UK I would really appreciate it. Of course you will be reimbursed in full by me.

Thank you folks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-LISEYS-STORY-ARC-NOTEBOOK-PRE-PUB-X-/270827121427?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item3f0e8deb13

neosatus
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Could anyone help me with this USA only auction? Been after one of these for ages and if some kind soul in the States could bid on my behalf and ship to me (if won of course) in the UK I would really appreciate it. Of course you will be reimbursed in full by me.

Thank you folks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-LISEYS-STORY-ARC-NOTEBOOK-PRE-PUB-X-/270827121427?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item3f0e8deb13

If you don't have anyone yet I'd be happy to help you Alan.

The Library Policeman
10-04-2011, 06:43 AM

Thank you folks!

If you don't have anyone yet I'd be happy to help you Alan.

Thank you kindly, Adam. I'll send you a PM.

surly
11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Not totally unexpected since S&S did the same thing with UTD but it looks like the limited 11/22/63 is going to be US orders only.
Anyone willing to help out one of your neighbors to the North? I could send beer, doughnuts or maple syrup in return...

sublimicals
11-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Can someone help me to acquire 11.23.63 US Limited? I can paypal you the cost plus shipping. These go on sale next week I believe
I would be very grateful if someone can help me out since I'm in Canada

Scribner is really giving us international folks the shaft.

Jimimck
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I could send beer, doughnuts or maple syrup in return...

I love 100% Canadian Maple Syrup. Brough so much back home with me when we visted in 09.

super sam
11-10-2011, 01:31 AM
I wonder if someone here on this forum,that not want/can buy 11.23.63, would like to enter the drawing for 11.23.63 US Limited and help me get a copy. And have it shipped international.
Of course i will pay for all expenses.
Please PM me. Thanks!

burial
11-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm also looking for someone who can participate i that lottery for me...
I will pay for all expenses and add something more (I can add some Polish gadgets related to King)

If someone already has a sprare copy ordered please PM me ;)

herbertwest
11-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Hello,

i've just discovered that a french fan of Stephen King, used the following service to purchase a limited 11/22/63 : http://www.viaddress.com
It allows you to get a US adress to get your stuff delivered, and they transfer it back to you.

Free or charge (except for the shipping, of course)

Jimimck
11-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Could have done with that a week or so ago! Thanks for posting
Looks like a good site. I wonder if it's trustworthy?

herbertwest
11-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, i know that at least one person used it for getting 11/22/63...

kkemikk
11-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I' looking for someone from Germany, Austria or Nederlands to help me with an order. If anyone is willing to help plese cantact me via PM. All costs will be covered.

Ari_Racing
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm interested in an auction, but the seller only accepts confirmed addresses in USA via Paypal and linked to ebay (I have a confirmed address, but can't link it to my paypal since this one is linked to an argentinian bank account).

If anyone can bid and Paypal for me, I'd appreciate it a lot. It'll be more or less 50 dls.

ELazansky
12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm interested in an auction, but the seller only accepts confirmed addresses in USA via Paypal and linked to ebay (I have a confirmed address, but can't link it to my paypal since this one is linked to an argentinian bank account).

If anyone can bid and Paypal for me, I'd appreciate it a lot. It'll be more or less 50 dls.

Ari,

I can help you out - PM me the details.

Eric

Ari_Racing
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
You're the best! :)

PM sent.

biomieg
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Is anyone willing to buy this book for me and ship it to Europe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-My-Pretty-Pony-1st-EDITION-/180858735067?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2a1c0549db

I'll pay for all expenses, of course.

Brice
04-08-2012, 03:52 AM
If you can send the $s for the auction in advance, I'd be happy to do that for you tonight, Michaël.

Randall Flagg
04-08-2012, 06:04 AM
I'll buy it for you, but it looks like there is damage in the lower right corner. Please advise.

Ari_Racing
04-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Anyone could get a copy of The Times newspaper of today? (King being interviewed by Neil Gaiman). Please PM me if so.

Thanks in advance!

biomieg
04-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I already made an arrangement, Brice and Jerome, but thanks!

Merlin1958
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I have recently helped out a few UK members by buying UU first and S/L's and shipped them to the buyer. It therefore occurred to me that we should do likewise for each other. I am picking up a US 1/1 of TWTTKH for "Tito Villa" and shipping it out for him. Maybe some folks in the UK can do likewise on other editions as can we Americans for them. We're all collectors, right? So why not "Hook a brother up"?

This thread could be used for such requests and as a place to fulfill them if you are so inclined.

Shannon
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I like this idea. I was thinking of how much easier it might be to collect Japanese Stephen King editions if I either a) lived in Japan or b) had a trusted, knowledgable friend that lived there.

Merlin1958
04-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I like this idea. I was thinking of how much easier it might be to collect Japanese Stephen King editions if I either a) lived in Japan or b) had a trusted, knowledgable friend that lived there.

My thoughts exactly!!!

biomieg
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Good idea for a thread. We already have a similar one, however: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?10659-International-purchasing-and-shipping-help-Members-assist-each-other

The Powers That Be will decide whether or not to merge the threads, I guess :)

Randall Flagg
04-12-2012, 05:43 AM
The International purchasing thread was meant for books to and from The US as well as other combinations of countries (Japan to Holland etc.). Great idea Bill, it just needed to be refreshed. I'll merge shortly.

Merlin1958
04-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Bump!!! Sorry I didn't see this thread. Should be a very active one in the future, no?

Scoogs
04-14-2012, 07:37 AM
If anyone in the UK could help me out with a book, please send me a PM.

Tito_Villa
04-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Could someone please help me out, i want ... no i need this book ... The Angel's Game ARC (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlos-Ruiz-Zafon-THE-ANGELS-GAME-ARC-Proof-Subterranean-Press-/160782950787?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item256f692183)

Randall Flagg
04-16-2012, 05:38 AM
I bid $9.99 on it for you. PM me if you want to go higher.

Tito_Villa
04-16-2012, 05:46 AM
PM sent and thanks!

Tito_Villa
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Another book i would like help with if possible ??? ... LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARC-Shadow-Wind-Carlos-Ruiz-Zafon-Subterranean-Press-/290699815062?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item43af0f2896) If someone could put a bid of $100 is just to make sure that i get the book :) and i have the funds waiting to send over straight over if we/i win.

Tito_Villa
04-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Scrap that i got the seller has decided to sell it to me :)

ELazansky
04-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Can someone tell me the retail price of the WH Smith version of TWTTK? I'd like to see if someone can pick up a copy for me. If you're willing and able, PM me. Thanks.

Fsmdr
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Can someone tell me the retail price of the WH Smith version of TWTTK? I'd like to see if someone can pick up a copy for me. If you're willing and able, PM me. Thanks.

I need a copy too if anyone might be of help. Thanks.

killbourne
05-07-2012, 05:50 AM
WOndering if USPS has a way to insure and track packages shipped from the US to the UK. IF so, how would one do so, Is it priority, this or that...just would like to know. THanks in advance.

ELazansky
05-07-2012, 06:14 AM
WOndering if USPS has a way to insure and track packages shipped from the US to the UK. IF so, how would one do so, Is it priority, this or that...just would like to know. THanks in advance.

Express Mail International gives you tracking and Insurance up to $100 - extra Insurance depends on destination:

https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail-international.htm?

killbourne
05-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Express Mail International gives you tracking and Insurance up to $100 - extra Insurance depends on destination:

https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail-international.htm?

Thank so very much. It has been a while since I had to mail out of country, and the last time the guy at the counter said that there was no way to track the package once it left the states...which kinda confused me. Once again, thank you!

biomieg
05-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Most of my US purchases are shipped by USPS and if I get a tracking # I can follow the package all the way up to my doorstep in The Netherlands.

killbourne
05-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Most of my US purchases are shipped by USPS and if I get a tracking # I can follow the package all the way up to my doorstep in The Netherlands.

Well, maybe the guy didnt fully understand( or wasnt trained properly ) what I was asking for...I dont know.

killbourne
05-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone live near gosh comics in london?

Randall Flagg
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes they do. Simple delivery confirmation with insurance is the "cheapest", and higher tiers of service can give a "Signature Required" delivery-but they are very expensive.
I recently sent a 2LB, 2.45 OZ (977 grams) package without insurance, but with a Customs tracking number and the price was $19.45. Express mail would have been ~$75.
Check here: http://ircalc.usps.gov/

killbourne
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes they do. Simple delivery confirmation with insurance is the "cheapest", and higher tiers of service can give a "Signature Required" delivery-but they are very expensive.
I recently sent a 2LB, 2.45 OZ (977 grams) package without insurance, but with a Customs tracking number and the price was $19.45. Express mail would have been ~$75.
Check here: http://ircalc.usps.gov/
Thanks!

killbourne
05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
If anyone in London lives near GOSH COMICS and likes ALAN MOORE ...he is doing a signing for his League of E. Gentlemen(couple of books) on JUNE 23RD 2-6PM. If anyone wants to go and would pick me up some signed comics then I would gladly pay for mine and your comics in advance( alittle extra if that gets you more motivated). Gosh COmics told me that they couldnt ship orders to the US due to legal issues(?).

killbourne
05-09-2012, 08:39 AM
^ I just read that there is a limit of one copy per person...so, that pretty much sucks.

Merlin1958
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
FWIW, its a good idea (at least as it pertains to this thread) to have at least your city/state/country in your profile for easy identification for the person looking to help. Just a thought.

jhanic
05-09-2012, 06:03 PM
FWIW, its a good idea (at least as it pertains to this thread) to have at least your city/state/country in your profile for easy identification for the person looking to help. Just a thought.

Like you do, right? :P

John

Merlin1958
05-09-2012, 06:05 PM

Like you do, right? :P

John

Well, yeah. Dolso is in N.M. and I am South of him and of course in the USA, but crap, I get your point!!!! I hate you, John!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Brice
05-09-2012, 06:52 PM
:rofl:

killbourne
05-10-2012, 09:00 AM

I didnt even think about that....your right of course.

RIC #520
05-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Is there someone that would ship me a book from the UK? There is book on ebay that i want to buy, but the seller does not ship international. is there a business in UK that will do this service?

Merlin1958
05-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Is there someone that would ship me a book from the UK? There is book on ebay that i want to buy, but the seller does not ship international. is there a business in UK that will do this service?

Try PM-ing member Alan G. He may be able to help!

biomieg
05-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Or Tom (Tito_Villa) or Alan (Mr. Rabbit Trick)?

Scoogs
08-21-2012, 08:11 PM
If anyone in the UK could help me out with a book, please send me a PM.

Bump

Cloysterpete
09-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Would anyone be able to send me a Kindle Paperwhite?. If I buy it and send to you could you forward it to me as Amazon.com won't let me import it :(

neosatus
09-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd be happy to help you with that Pete. Those do look awesome. I'm almost wishing my kindle wasn't working so I could justify the purchase, lol.

Cloysterpete
09-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I'd be happy to help you with that Pete. Those do look awesome. I'm almost wishing my kindle wasn't working so I could justify the purchase, lol.

Thanks a lot, pm'd you.

neosatus
10-20-2012, 09:06 PM
I'd love to get a bunch of the Waterstones samplers of The Twelve if someone wouldn't mind sending them to me. I'd pay shipping cost of course, and extra for the trouble on top.

Cloysterpete
10-21-2012, 02:05 AM
I'd love to get a bunch of the Waterstones samplers of The Twelve if someone wouldn't mind sending them to me. I'd pay shipping cost of course, and extra for the trouble on top.

I don't have one where I am but I can ring up the nearest ones tomorrow (both are small - I'm nowhere near any cities) and see if they've received any.

neosatus
10-21-2012, 06:15 AM

I don't have one where I am but I can ring up the nearest ones tomorrow (both are small - I'm nowhere near any cities) and see if they've received any.

That would be great bud--thanks!

Merlin1958
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Now, this is Global Warming!!!!

:smile_002:

biomieg
11-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I received two damaged books (the TALISMAN and BLACK HOUSE Scribner reprints) from Amazon and I don't expect them to send me two pristine replacement copies, so I would like to ask one of you guys to help me out! Is anybody willing to get me nice copies of these books and send them to the Netherlands? I'll pay for all expenses of course!

Jimimck
11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Michaël, I've seen some reprints here in New Zealand, but I'm not sure if they are export editions etc. if you can send me some key details (isbn, dimensions etc) ill check what ones have been released here and see if I can help...

biomieg
11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm talking about the ones that were released this month by Scribner (CD offered them in a package deal with a poster some time ago but the shipping costs were insane). I call them reprints but they are actually 1st printings for Scribner (they never had the rights to publish these books before).

You can see them here: http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/the-talisman-black-house-by-stephen-king-and-peter-straub/

For the record: I want the books, not the poster/slipcase. They should be for sale in US bookstores so I'm hoping someone can get copies for me...

Roseannebarr
11-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I will be happy to get you the books and ship them to you! I ordered the set from CD and another set from VJ Books I ordered the set from CD so i could get the box. I ordered a set for $99 from VJ books so i could get Peter STraubs signature. I have not received either set, but if you are not interested in the box or poster you can have my CD set for costs. PM me and i can get prices, etc... tomorrow. I dont want to make a profit just recoup my costs for one of the sets. PS I will pay for some of the shipping becuz i got that NIght shift book signed by SK from you!

biomieg
11-28-2012, 02:24 AM
That would be great! Let's discuss this via PM. Thanks a lot!

biomieg
12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Anyone willing to order me one? They don't ship outside the US!

http://www.studydammit.com/

ELazansky
12-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Michael,

I'll order one for you. Not sure what the costs will be to send to you. PM me and we will talk.

Niels
12-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Can you send Michael 2?

TwistedNadine
12-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I have two extra of these posters if any overseas members wants one
Shoot me a PM if interested. Cost of poster ($10) plus shipping.

They look pretty good!

ELazansky
12-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Can you send Michael 2?

Sorry, I already sent Michael's out before I saw your post :-(

Ari_Racing
12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Pm Sent! :)

Niels
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
PM sent

WeDealInLead
12-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm looking for someone to bid on a couple of auctions for me. The seller didn't respond to my message. Auctions end in 30 minutes from now. Thanks

killbourne
12-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Need advice - Have to send a book to Russia. First time I've ever had to deal with a address that is not in english. Any help would be wonderful. Also, I usually don't print out shipping labels from ebay...is that the best option?

sgc1999
12-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Need advice - Have to send a book to Russia. First time I've ever had to deal with a address that is not in english. Any help would be wonderful. Also, I usually don't print out shipping labels from ebay...is that the best option?

I dont know how, but i do know it must be "with love" :)

needfulthings
12-28-2012, 01:59 AM
WE ALL KNOW IT'S
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/1836/img353k.jpgNOT TO

ASK JEAN IM SURE HE WILL HELP.

killbourne
12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
WE ALL KNOW IT'S
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/1836/img353k.jpgNOT TO

ASK JEAN IM SURE HE WILL HELP.

I would love to ask jean :), if I knew who that was. I only know a couple of people's real name here.

needfulthings
12-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Go to gem theater on the right side go down til you see JEAN click on it then click on VIEW PROFILE then on the left side click on letter image then send private message.

killbourne
12-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Go to gem theater on the right side go down til you see JEAN click on it then click on VIEW PROFILE then on the left side click on letter image then send private message.

Thank you! I really appreciate the help.

Merlin1958
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I've spoken to Jean about sending books to him and he claims it is nigh impossible. Doubt he will be much help in this regard.

killbourne
12-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I've spoken to Jean about sending books to him and he claims it is nigh impossible. Doubt he will be much help in this regard.

Well, I know I got the address correct for their postal system(spent a good hour looking that up). I just dont know how the post office is going to deal with the customs form. I can kinda translate it to english, but its kinda confusing since each word can mean a building or a block or a apt. Im assuming that its a building on a block with a apt # since it has 3 pieces of info. Anyway, its been interesting trying to decode this thing. We will see. I will update when I go to the post office.

needfulthings
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
You could send a postcard 1st & see how that goes & then try the book.

EXPLORER
12-28-2012, 02:18 PM

Well, I know I got the address correct for their postal system(spent a good hour looking that up). I just dont know how the post office is going to deal with the customs form. I can kinda translate it to english, but its kinda confusing since each word can mean a building or a block or a apt. Im assuming that its a building on a block with a apt # since it has 3 pieces of info. Anyway, its been interesting trying to decode this thing. We will see. I will update when I go to the post office. Have you checked resources like these?
http://www.shipito.com/russia
http://www.ehow.com/how_5057094_address-letter-russia.html or
http://bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats/russia/

sgc1999
12-28-2012, 03:11 PM
this is worth a read. You may want to make arrangement to have it shipped to a business.
http://www.shipwire.com/w/blog/russian-orders-to-individuals/

biomieg
12-29-2012, 01:28 AM
I received two damaged books (the TALISMAN and BLACK HOUSE Scribner reprints) from Amazon and I don't expect them to send me two pristine replacement copies, so I would like to ask one of you guys to help me out! Is anybody willing to get me nice copies of these books and send them to the Netherlands? I'll pay for all expenses of course!

Glen is still looking for me but if anyone else happens to stumble upon nice copies of these books, feel free to get them for me if it's not too much trouble!

killbourne
12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
The seller and I decided that it would be best just to cancel the order. I didnt want to be held responsible for Russian customs...after reading a few articles online, it didnt exactly give me confindence that the book would get to the guy.

Merlin1958
12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
The seller and I decided that it would be best just to cancel the order. I didnt want to be held responsible for Russian customs...after reading a few articles online, it didnt exactly give me confindence that the book would get to the guy.

Very Prudent. What did he buy if I might ask?

WeDealInLead
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I've sent about a bazillion (well, OK, 6 packages) to Russia without a single issue. What made you worried about it?

Merlin1958
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I've sent about a bazillion (well, OK, 6 packages) to Russia without a single issue. What made you worried about it?

In a word? Jean. He steadfastly has warned me off sending anything to him over the years. Maybe he was just being polite? LOL He painted such horror stories!!!! He has requested shipping things to a friend in the UK to pass on to him. Apparently, shipments from the U.S. are particularly scrutinized? Or there is some other issue? He has never been specific about it and I trust his word and judgement so....

WeDealInLead
12-30-2012, 07:17 PM
http://www.shipwire.com/w/blog/russian-orders-to-individuals/

That's the link sgc posted on the previous page, and it seems like it's just like another postal system according to responses to the article. Some packages are bound to get lost in Israel, Russia or US. I understand paranoia and first time I sent a package of some LPs to Novosibirisk I was certain they'd never arrive.

killbourne
12-30-2012, 07:46 PM

In a word? Jean. He steadfastly has warned me off sending anything to him over the years. Maybe he was just being polite? LOL He painted such horror stories!!!! He has requested shipping things to a friend in the UK to pass on to him. Apparently, shipments from the U.S. are particularly scrutinized? Or there is some other issue? He has never been specific about it and I trust his word and judgement so....
^ what merlin said.

TwistedNadine
01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Ive had a couple more requests from overseas members looking for help on getting a Study Dammit poster
Im ordering a few more for anyone who wants one shipped to them. Looks like shipping to me is still free so cost is $10 plus shipping to you.
PM if you want one, but let me know sooner rather than later in case they start charging shipping again

sgc1999
01-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi,
could a member in the UK help me purchase 3 copies of CRIMEWAVE 8 - COLD HARBOURS TTA press
from this site http://ttapress.com/crimewave/backissues/
please pm or email me sgc1999@gmail.com
Thanks for any help!

WeDealInLead
02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm looking for someone to bid on 3 magazines. The seller won't ship outside US. Thanks.

Ari_Racing
02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
A friend of mine (Pmtarantino, he who is helping me with David's website) is running a crowdfunding for a project of a book, and in 9 days he needs to withdraw the money from the crowdfunding and transfer it to a bank account. Sadly, this can't be done to his local account (in Argentina), so we wonder if anyone could receive the money and then transfer the amount to paypal (discounting all the fees generated, of course), because if not we can't claim the money and the crowdfunding is not achieved.

If anyone can help, please PM me. I'll appreciate that a lot.

Thanks!
Ari

George at C-Springs
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Ari, what's the amount you're talking? International deposits/transfers over $10K are subject to scrutiny and tax paperwork; I ran into that issue transferring from my wife's account in Italy to our account here. Wasn't a problem before 9/11, but rules have changed since then. As long as it's under $10K there are no problems. Not sure of any PayPal issues for large amounts, I've never done anything over $1K.

biomieg
02-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Anyone willing to get this for me?

Only $12, good price: NEW Stephen King BLOOD AND SMOKE Limited Edition 2000 Audiobook SEALED (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Stephen-King-BLOOD-AND-SMOKE-Limited-Edition-2000-Audiobook-SEALED-/360586341791?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item53f49eed9f)

carlosdetweiller
02-12-2013, 05:03 AM
A friend of mine (Pmtarantino, he who is helping me with David's website) is running a crowdfunding for a project of a book, and in 9 days he needs to withdraw the money from the crowdfunding and transfer it to a bank account. Sadly, this can't be done to his local account (in Argentina), so we wonder if anyone could receive the money and then transfer the amount to paypal (discounting all the fees generated, of course), because if not we can't claim the money and the crowdfunding is not achieved.

If anyone can help, please PM me. I'll appreciate that a lot.

Thanks!
Ari

I got a similar e-mail from a member of a royal family in Nigeria. He was a prince, I think. I tried to help him out but it didn't go too well for me.

Bad Penny
02-12-2013, 06:26 AM
:emot-roflolmao:

Ari_Racing
02-12-2013, 06:31 AM
LOL.

No, this is a real friend of mine :)

And the amount is less than U$S 1000.

Randall Flagg
02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Anyone willing to get this for me?

Only $12, good price: NEW Stephen King BLOOD AND SMOKE Limited Edition 2000 Audiobook SEALED (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Stephen-King-BLOOD-AND-SMOKE-Limited-Edition-2000-Audiobook-SEALED-/360586341791?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item53f49eed9f)
I grabbed it for you.

biomieg
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Jerome, you're a gentleman.

Randall Flagg
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Jerome, you're a gentleman.
I can neither confirm, nor deny that rumor.

pmtarantino
02-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi! I am Patricio, Ari's friend, who he talked about earlier

I am a Harry Potter book collector and I am running this crowdfunding campaign:

www.indiegogo.com/theharrypotterjourney

We have raised 90% of our goal, and we still have 5 days left.

Some of the contributions were made by Paypal, which went directly to my Paypal account. But those made by Credit Card, are hold by Indiegogo until the end of the campaign. After that, they will transfer to a bank account. I need someone who can be the middle man and receive the money in their account, then send it to my Paypal account. I need this because it is the only way to withdraw the money from the campaign.

I already asked Indiegogo support if that was okay. "Can I ask for a friend in the US to receive my money and later he transfer it to my paypal?", to which they replied "Yes, you can enter a friends bank information."

I don't want the money until you receive it to your account, I can wait for that. And of course, I would only ask for the money discounting all the generated feeds by the bank and Paypal (and a little reward) So, you don't have to do anything until you have the money.

And yes, the amount is less than USD 1,000.

Thank you so much!
Patricio

carlosdetweiller
02-15-2013, 07:28 PM
This is sounding more and more like the Nigerian prince phishing e-mail. You expect someone to give you their bank account info? Seriously?

Ari_Racing
02-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry that I ask this, but how does it work in USA when you have to do a bank transfer? Don't you give the buyer a number of an account so he can pay? Or else how is it supposed to know which account to send the money?

I'm asking seriously. Here and in Spain we usually provide the bank (for example, Santander Río) and a code called CBU, which is a number of 23 digits. That's the number the buyer enters in the ATM or at his homebanking to pay.

Don't you have something like that in USA?

herbertwest
02-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Sorry that I ask this, but how does it work in USA when you have to do a bank transfer? Don't you give the buyer a number of an account so he can pay? Or else how is it supposed to know which account to send the money?
I'm asking seriously. Here and in Spain we usually provide the bank (for example, Santander Río) and a code called CBU, which is a number of 23 digits. That's the number the buyer enters in the ATM or at his homebanking to pay.

Don't you have something like that in USA?

We do in France and Europe.
As for Bob comments, i understand it. The only reason i would trust that, is because i know you Ari since quite awhile... but then, I cant help you.
I hope that you guys manage to sort this situation. It's probably the reason why, i believe that kickstarter is only limited to US and possibly UK residents.

ChristineB
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
There are 2 numbers needed to do a bank transfer in the states, one is the bank routing number, the other is your account number. While I love to help people get what they want here, with all the fearful government agencies we now have in the US, I tend to shy away from direct money transfers. I am sorry I can't help with this one, but, I hope you find someone to help you guys out Ari.

On a side note, it seems a bit strange that you could run a fund raising campaign with that site but not be able to get the funds directly sent to you once it was done, maybe in the future you should search out a site that can send the money directly to you.

Ari_Racing
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the clarification. :)

And yes...it was somehow a shock to see that we couldn't withdraw the money to our paypal account. Well... shit happens.

Thanks!

biomieg
02-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Once again I'd like to ask the fine folks of Calvin's Corner for help.

Is any of the US-based members willing to get this for me? Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McSweeneys-Mammoth-Treasury-of-Thrilling-Tales-2003-p-back-near-fine-1st-/360604217695?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item53f5afb15f

Not longer necessary - I got a better deal from a highly esteemed forum member!