PDA

View Full Version : 2010-GRAND PRIZE WINNER

Matt
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
AND the winner is agrabin! Yay!

YouTube- VID00020.MP4

Congrats! you are the winner!

PM Matt.

Congrats again, agrabin. You are the superawesomeneatocoolestradical winner of the grand prize any book of Sk's signed by SK drawing.

Ari_Racing
05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Congratulations to the winner!!! :)

herbertwest
05-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Congrats!

Brice
05-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Congratulations! :D

alinda
05-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Congratulations Agrabin!:clap: and Hannah! :couple:

Cujo56
05-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Congrats to Agrabin!

turtlex
05-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Wow, so very cool !!!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful videos, guys! And congrats to the very lucky winner !!!

Merlin1958
05-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Congratulations to the Grand Prize winner!!!!

And Congrats to the site members for surpassing the $5,000.00 mark!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

sarah
05-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Congrats!!! :dance: :clap:

bast_imret
05-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Nice! What book are you gonna send?

Tito_Villa
05-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Sam
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Congratulations Agrabin!!

Daghain
05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Congratulations!

Calla_Wolf
05-17-2010, 02:20 AM
:couple:
Pleased for you !!

Gutted for me :doh:

agrabin
05-17-2010, 10:23 AM
...:o

Hi...My name is Alex and I'm agrabin...I'm stunned and absolutely gobsmacked.This is the first I've seen this and it's truly one of the best things that's ever happened to me. The last time I won something was around 1958 when I won a leather (soccer) football at a fair type day at my Primary school in Dunfermline (Scotland). I've never been very lucky but was always happy with that 'cos I've never been very unlucky either. Thanks to all of you guys who were involved in organising this and for me, a fan of SK's right from the start - Carrie - it's a dream. Thanks also to all who offered me their good wishes. I realise everyone would have loved to have won this fantastic prize but the only consolation I can give is this: imagine the thrill for you of winning this and know that it gives me at least as much pleasure as it would any one of you out there. Thanks of course also to the man himself for giving one of us the chance to have something a bit special.

Hey, Ocars this aint so I'll shut up now and give you a break.

Thanks again to all...this is just great. :D

Brice
05-17-2010, 10:42 AM
:lol:

shnnrc01
05-17-2010, 10:52 AM
well done,congrats

Ari_Racing
05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Very well done! :) Congratulations!!

And I salute all the people involved in the fundrising. Incredible job!!!!! Congratulations!:clap:

Matt
05-17-2010, 11:26 AM

Hi...My name is Alex and I'm agrabin...I'm stunned and absolutely gobsmacked.This is the first I've seen this and it's truly one of the best things that's ever happened to me. The last time I won something was around 1958 when I won a leather (soccer) football at a fair type day at my Primary school in Dunfermline (Scotland). I've never been very lucky but was always happy with that 'cos I've never been very unlucky either. Thanks to all of you guys who were involved in organising this and for me, a fan of SK's right from the start - Carrie - it's a dream. Thanks also to all who offered me their good wishes. I realise everyone would have loved to have won this fantastic prize but the only consolation I can give is this: imagine the thrill for you of winning this and know that it gives me at least as much pleasure as it would any one of you out there. Thanks of course also to the man himself for giving one of us the chance to have something a bit special.

What a great response Alex, I am so glad this prize is going to a true fan. I'm actually going to post this on the SKMB so Kings secretary can see how pleased you are (if that's okay with you).

Keep in contact with me about your plans for the book of course and we'll make it happen in the best time frame possible.

Congratulations again!! :clap:

agrabin
05-17-2010, 11:56 AM
That would be great Matt...post away. I've been in touch with you so you know the score about the book. To everyone else, the prize is (well, will be) in good hands and when I get it, not that technology is a strong point of mine, of course I'll post some pics.

Thanks again. :dance:

What a great response Alex, I am so glad this prize is going to a true fan. I'm actually going to post this on the SKMB so Kings secretary can see how pleased you are (if that's okay with you).

Keep in contact with me about your plans for the book of course and we'll make it happen in the best time frame possible.

Congratulations again!! :clap:

Heather19
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Congrats agrabin! I'm so excited for you. :couple:

Woofer
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Darkthoughts
05-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow!! Congratulations Alex!! :nana: :couple:

agrabin
05-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks guys. I've told a few people about this - at home and at work - and, with the exception of one very good friend who has actually offered to buy me a book to get signed, their response is a bit underwhelming, you know what I mean...

...''Oh! Stephen King is going to sign a book for you? That's nice...now, where did I leave my oven gloves/torque wrench/car keys/hair brush?'' :|

Anyway you get the idea, so from now on I'll just stick to TDT.com

turtlex
05-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Oh, well, that's unfortunate - I mean, this whole thing is a BIG DEAL and I'm sorry not many of your non-TDT friends "get that" .... but it's okay, really - because we all get it!! We all know how cool this is, and what a huge deal it is. We'll celebrate this whole thing with you, and enjoy your enthusiasm, because we would be doing the same thing if it were us.

wizardsrainbow
05-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Alex!!!! Congrats. You don't know how much I envy you!!! Hope you make a choice that makes YOU happy.

agrabin
05-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks...it's a pleasure to share this with you

Oh, well, that's unfortunate - I mean, this whole thing is a BIG DEAL and I'm sorry not many of your non-TDT friends "get that" .... but it's okay, really - because we all get it!! We all know how cool this is, and what a huge deal it is. We'll celebrate this whole thing with you, and enjoy your enthusiasm, because we would be doing the same thing if it were us.

Nerak
05-18-2010, 09:07 AM
CONGRATS!!!

SO SO SO what book are ya sending?!?! HUH HUH HUH

ICry4Oy
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Congrats Agrabin!!! It's also pretty awesome they got that Slingblade guy to announce the winner!

Matt
05-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, he does Slingblade very well. :lol:

agrabin
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Karen...long time

I'm going to send him my self-published Uncle Crunchie autobiography called 'Regrets!...I've had a few.....THOUSAND' or ''Life of I' :couple:

CONGRATS!!!

agrabin
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Karen!! I just saw your mood...why you scared? Can I help?

Patrick
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, ALEX!

agrabin
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok...so the decision is made...the book I'm going to get signed by Mr. King is .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................... coming soon .........to a forum near you..... :evil:

CurtSeattle
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
That's evil in true King fashion!

nice!

turtlex
05-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Oh, Alex ... that is sooooo mean!! :lol:

Come on, man .... which book !!!!???

agrabin
05-25-2010, 04:59 AM

If I told you, excitement may falter...on the other hand, if I don't tell you, interest might wane...my, my, my!! What a dilemma...tell or not?...falter or wane?...does anyone really care?...somehow I know you do, but others?

;)

Hopefully my choice is worthy of......well, you'll see.

Calla_Wolf
05-31-2010, 07:49 AM

If I told you, excitement may falter...on the other hand, if I don't tell you, interest might wane...my, my, my!! What a dilemma...tell or not?...falter or wane?...does anyone really care?...somehow I know you do, but others?

;)

eerrrmmmmm....any news on this?

agrabin
05-31-2010, 10:29 AM

;)

eerrrmmmmm....any news on this?

All I can say is the book is on its way...I don't know how long this will take...Matt says it will depend on SK's schedule and it could take some time.

Matt
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
It does every year, I think Ari didn't get his until almost Christmas :o

That's not true, but it did take a while. :lol:

Thanks for sending it over so I can put a thank you note in myself, I will make sure it goes right out.

agrabin
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
It does every year, I think Ari didn't get his until almost Christmas :o

That's not true, but it did take a while. :lol:

Thanks for sending it over so I can put a thank you note in myself, I will make sure it goes right out.

No problem...and however long it takes, it will be worth the wait.

Nerak
06-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi Karen...long time

I'm going to send him my self-published Uncle Crunchie autobiography called 'Regrets!...I've had a few.....THOUSAND' or ''Life of I' :couple:

CONGRATS!!!

Alex...Why didn't I remember this was you!

Muah ha ha on the Uncle Crunchie!

I don't remember why I was scared! LOL

agrabin
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Karen...long time

CONGRATS!!!

Alex...Why didn't I remember this was you!

Muah ha ha on the Uncle Crunchie!

I don't remember why I was scared! LOL

I'm just forgettable, that's what I am
I'm just forgettable though near or far
Like a song of love that clings to you
How the thought of me does things to you
Never before has someone been more

...forgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how I'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am forgettable, 'boo' :cry:

I'm just forgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how I'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am forgettable, 'boo' :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nerak
06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
you are not forgettable! I cannot forget my Uncle Crunchie!!! I just didn't realize it was you!!

Pregnancy destroys braincells! That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

agrabin
06-03-2010, 03:50 AM
you are not forgettable! I cannot forget my Uncle Crunchie!!! I just didn't realize it was you!!

Pregnancy destroys braincells! That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

:)

agrabin
09-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Sorry for the delay folks...there are a number of reasons but they're not important.

What is important is that the book is with me now and there really could only be one which befits this occasion, so to all the Tower Junkies here, I'm sure this will please you...'cos it sure does please me - enjoy...

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-6.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-7.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-8.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-9.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-10.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-11.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-12.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-13.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-14.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-15.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-16.jpg?t=1283606545

INFO:

This is a Grant Trade Gunslinger 1st Edition

The book is Fine in an almost perfect Dust Jacket and as you can see it is in an after market slipcase which is as new.

It is signed by Donald Grant; signed, inscribed and doodled by Michael Whelan; signed, inscribed and dated by Stephen King.

Sorry, but I don't know how to make the pictures bigger...these don't do the book justice. If it can be done by any of the mods then please feel free to do so or, if you can advise me how, I can post them in the 'Pride and Joy' thread if needed. I've also tried to download the pictures to my Gallery album but for some reason they won't load. I'd be more than willing to send pictures in a email, so if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll be happy to oblige.

There are a number of people without whom this would not have been possible and I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to all involved...

...Matt and all you guys at TDT who organised the signing with SK...my very good friends at DMG, Marsha De Fillipo, David Williamson (Wiz), Michael Whelan and of course Stephen King himself.

My apologies if I've missed anyone.

:) Thanks again

Ricky
09-04-2010, 06:59 AM
That has got to be the coolest single SK item ever! Congratulations!! :clap:

Brice
09-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Amazingly Incredible! Congratulations!

Edit: I don't think I've EVER seen a Grant signed book. :orely:

Patrick
09-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Wow! Congratulations! That is truly amazing! :clap:

Ari_Racing
09-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Congratulations!!!! :)

biomieg
09-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Fantastic!!! Good to see some pics, I was wondering about which book you'd sent to Mr. King and this is absolutely a prize item :)

Matt
09-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Woohoo!! I am so glad that made it to you and I was just wondering how it all came down.

I'm always glad when it goes to a true King fan. :rock:

Darkthoughts
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
:onfire: That is just brilliant!! :clap:

turtlex
09-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Alex - That is just wonderful !! Congratulations again!

frik
09-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Gorgeous, Alex!
Congratulations!!

sk

wizardsrainbow
09-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Sorry for the delay folks...there are a number of reasons but they're not important.

What is important is that the book is with me now and there really could only be one which befits this occasion, so to all the Tower Junkies here, I'm sure this will please you...'cos it sure does please me - enjoy...

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-6.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-7.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-8.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-9.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-10.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-11.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-12.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-13.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-14.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-15.jpg?t=1283606545

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/antrimboy/DT%20GRAND%20PRIZE/th_GrantTradeGunslinger1stsignedandinscribedbyKing GrantandWhelan-16.jpg?t=1283606545

INFO:

This is a Grant Trade Gunslinger 1st Edition

The book is Fine in an almost perfect Dust Jacket and as you can see it is in an after market slipcase which is as new.

It is signed by Donald Grant; signed, inscribed and doodled by Michael Whelan; signed, inscribed and dated by Stephen King.

Sorry, but I don't know how to make the pictures bigger...these don't do the book justice. If it can be done by any of the mods then please feel free to do so or, if you can advise me how, I can post them in the 'Pride and Joy' thread if needed. I've also tried to download the pictures to my Gallery album but for some reason they won't load. I'd be more than willing to send pictures in a email, so if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll be happy to oblige.

There are a number of people without whom this would not have been possible and I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to all involved...

...Matt and all you guys at TDT who organised the signing with SK...my very good friends at DMG, Marsha De Fillipo, David Williamson (Wiz), Michael Whelan and of course Stephen King himself.

My apologies if I've missed anyone.

:) Thanks again

Alex-

Was glad to give the assist on the Whelan signature and doodle. I think his inscription is CLASSIC, playing off of King's the way it does. Wish I had that in MY collection.

Well done! A REAL Gem!!

agrabin
09-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Thanks to all for your comments...they are much appreciated.

I was wondering...the monetary value of the book is not important to me...but I am curious to hear if anyone knows of any other 'Gunslingers' which have been signed by all 3 of Grant, King and Whelan.

Anyone?

Brice
09-10-2010, 03:02 AM
I've never seen a Grant sig.

gsvec
09-14-2010, 04:02 PM
VERY nice, Alex - congrats!! :excited: