PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural. (Spoilers spoilers spoilers)

Yaksha
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
So, season 5 finale. kind of heartbreaking a bit for me. who else watches and wishes to discuss?

mystima
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
used to watch it faithfully until they brought out the whole heaven vs hell story. then i just stopped watching.

ICry4Oy
05-15-2010, 06:46 AM
They have dragged the whole apocalypse thing out for way too long but I still love me some Jensen & Jared!:nana:

alkanto
07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Any one on here a fan? If so, I'd love to discuss!

*(Also, as a general rule...spoilers are going to be guaranteed..read at your own risk!)*

To start the conversation: How the hell do you think season 6 is going to go forward? And..what's the deal with Sam at the end of "Swan Song?" Really him? Or did Luci escape in his meatsuit?

turtlex
07-19-2010, 08:53 AM
I believe we already have a thread for Supernatural .. Here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=10613).

I suspect this will be merged. :D

fernandito
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Merged.

Yaksha
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
season 6 is up and kicking for awhile now. Anybody liking the direction they are going?

alkanto
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Honestly, not really. And it truly does kill me to say this, but I really am not a fan of season 6. When I talk about Supernatural, seasons 1-5 are probably my favorite show (it's a close race with Doctor Who...very close!) but this year....I really haven't even watched it, beyond a few episodes.

Yaksha
01-28-2011, 01:24 PM
HMMM. I like it. Though i will admit it is not as wow as the previous seasons. I do like individual episodes though. The vampire episode and the fairy episode are my favorites

mystima
01-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Fairy episode....hmm will have to find this

Darkthoughts
03-27-2011, 08:21 AM
I haven't read any of the above stuff because I just this second finished the Season 2 finale - but I can't believe it took me this long to find this show, fucking awesome! Like a gorier, scarier Buffy...with hot guys!! :D

velcro_fly
04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I loved the first five seasons. I just wish they would have left it alone. I watched like three episodes of season six and completely lost interest.

Yaksha
04-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Well in it's defense this season actually kinda goes back to the first 2 season as being more character driven and more personal. I will admit they are taking it in a different direction but I actually like it. They arent repeating themselves or being bogged down by what they did before. And in some ways they are pushing the envelope. As i said before the fairy episode, vampires, hell one episode they had dragons and one episode was like a mini tribute to John Carpenters The Thing. I respect yalls opinion on whether you like it or not. I love it

Darkthoughts
04-26-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm actually loving Season 6 way more than 5, 5 dragged on a bit too much for me it was too angsty and drawn out - 6 has gone back to the good ole days of Supernatural with more humour and some of the best lines ever: "Dean, did you service Oberon King of the Fairies?!" and Castiel's: "I learnt it from the pizza man." :rofl:

I think so far in S6 Weekend At Bobby's may well be my favourite ep.

Yaksha
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
That was a great episode. And my favorite line so far this season is "We'll Star Trek 4 this bitch"

Darkthoughts
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
:lol: Yes, I love all the references they put in - especially having all the X Files stuff in the earlier seasons to end up casting Mitch Pileggi as their grandad was just pure awesome.

Yaksha
05-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Season 6 finale. Oh. My. God.

Ben Staad
05-21-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm actually loving Season 6 way more than 5, 5 dragged on a bit too much for me it was too angsty and drawn out - 6 has gone back to the good ole days of Supernatural with more humour and some of the best lines ever: "Dean, did you service Oberon King of the Fairies?!" and Castiel's: "I learnt it from the pizza man." :rofl:

I think so far in S6 Weekend At Bobby's may well be my favourite ep.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for Weekend at Bobby's. This was the strongest episode in a long time.

alkanto
05-21-2011, 06:10 AM

THIS

I didn't keep up all season, but from constant prodding from a friend, I watched the 4 most recent eps before the two-hour finale so I could watch it with her....not only were the last few episodes amazing (so much better than the previous episodes of the season!) but the finale was just....wow! One of the best ones I have seen in a while

Darkthoughts
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: for Weekend at Bobby's. This was the strongest episode in a long time.
Hell yeah, and did you know, Jenson directed it :cool:

Duuuuude totally!! But, what I'm really worried about now is with Cas becoming the big bad, he's in danger of getting killed...I hope he just gets zapped back to good Cas somehow.

Darkthoughts
06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh and, just putting it out there for the record, but my theory is that Chuck is God.

Yaksha
07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh and, just putting it out there for the record, but my theory is that Chuck is God.

Oh i definitely agree with you on that point.

He is totally god. And Cas better not be killed. He is an amazing character

Darkthoughts
07-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Full on WIN for your av/sig combo Yaksha :wub:

Yaksha
07-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Season 7. Can't wait

Darkthoughts
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
When does it premiere over there?

alkanto
07-28-2011, 10:31 AM
What I've read is that season 7 premieres on September 27

Darkthoughts
07-30-2011, 02:38 PM
That cannot come soon enough!!

Yaksha
08-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Definitely. From what i hear, this season is gonna be really good. I just hope it aint the last

Darkthoughts
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Same. I'm nervous of what the outcome will be for Cas, as a character. I'm hoping it's redemption rather than annihilation...

Yaksha
09-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I am really hoping Cas will be redeemed. he is a really great and complex character and I would like to see how they redeem him now that's he's God and all. I really like how Season 6 went with the introduction of Purgatory and more Crowley and the new and different monsters we saw. I hope Season 7 continues to ride high as season 6 did.

One minor thing though. What happened to Chuck. Is he a prophet that is no longer needed, or is he in fact God? I really hope they answer this question. It's been bugging me since the end of season 5

Yaksha
09-23-2011, 08:51 PM
I believe the term OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK!!!! applies to the season premiere.

I mean first with Cas going on a damn smiting spree. Then the revelation that Sam is losing his mind. Them trying to bind Death. Which was my favorite scene of the episode btw. Then the Leviathan taking over. Is Cas dead? Is he trapped like a human when an angel or demon possesses them. Where did Sam run off to. And where the hell is God? All this from one episode? Man this season started out with a bang

Ben Staad
09-24-2011, 05:09 AM
I guess I better check my DVR and see if it recorded. I've been on a no TV kick lately and I guess I missed that this was coming back on...

Yaksha
12-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I....just...I ...what the.....why......Fuck!

Does he stay or go? What the bleeding hell is going to happen. What kind of cliffhanger is that? Where the fuck is God in all of this? Seriously this is unbelievably beyond fucked up. I might cry. Son of a bitch.

Ben Staad
12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
I....just...I ...what the.....why......Fuck!

Does he stay or go? What the bleeding hell is going to happen. What kind of cliffhanger is that? Where the fuck is God in all of this? Seriously this is unbelievably beyond fucked up. I might cry. Son of a bitch.

I guess I better crank up the DVR and see what you are talking about :)

Darkthoughts
12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm actually hoping this is the last season Bobby?!!! Seriously?! He's my favourite character :cry:

Rjeso
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
As you can see by my av and sig, I love me some SPN. However, it really lost me after Kripke handed the reins over to Sera Gamble. I would think that someone who has been involved with the show since Day One like she has would do a better job at keeping the tone of the show even, but she's failed pretty miserably. I still watch it every week, but I suspect that's almost more out of habit than out of actually caring what happens in the episode.

I think I'm gonna buy Season 5 on DVD and pretend it all ended there, like it was supposed to.

Darkthoughts
12-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, I was very meh about season 6 - I think the comedy factor has redeemed 7, it sort of went back to it's season 1 roots of having a different monster feature each week which is good fun. But I know what you're saying, I think it'll go the Buffy route if its not careful.

Darkthoughts
02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Ahahaaaa! Love Lucifer being back, totally awesome in last weeks ep :lol:

mystima
02-21-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm actually hoping this is the last season Bobby?!!! Seriously?! He's my favourite character :cry:

when I found out I couldn't help but think South park...OMG THEY KILLED KENNY. not that the loss of Bobby wasn't important
but I did read through the grapevine That they intend to bring him back

Darkthoughts
02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Which, on one hand would be cool, but then again they're in danger of over doing the whole "bringing people back" thing. I think they should definitely wrap it up after this season or season 8 or we'll have another Buffy on our hands, where they didn't know how to stop while the going was still good.

Darkthoughts
03-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Why are there so many breaks this season?

mystima
03-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Been watching the episodes on TNT here recently and was wondering why the hell did they think The Colt would kill Lucifer...he is not a demon so it wouldn't work on him...what made them think it would....it was not made to kill angels...only demons.

Darkthoughts
04-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Ahahaaaa!! This weeks ep was THE BEST!! (The Girl With The Dungeons And Dragons Tattoo) So many quotable lines, me and my sister have been calling each other Dumbledork all weekend :lol:

mystima
10-23-2012, 08:32 AM
well here is some comic relief for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6rpZCoHuhk&feature=related

Merlin1958
10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
My son recently talked me into this show. I started watching the re-runs on cable and clocked in mid season 5? The one that ends with Sam going into the cage with Mike and Lucifer. Recently started again with the pilot and they are still looking for Dad and the guy who killed their Mom.

It ain't Buffy or Angel, but it's a pretty good show so far IMHO

BTW I'm fine with spoilers so discuss away!!!

Merlin1958
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Still watching on cable, not a bad show at all!!! I find I need my "Supernatural" fix in the mornings!!!

OchrisO
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Still watching on cable, not a bad show at all!!! I find I need my "Supernatural" fix in the mornings!!!

I think it is a show that gets progressively better up until when Sam goes into the cage. It doesn't go down much in quality after that, but it doesn't keep climbing. I still watch it ever time there is a new episode and enjoy it. The series was supposed to end with the last episode of the season where same goes in the cage. The creator left as the show runner of the series (but stayed in some producer role) after that because the CW keeps insisting that it continue and he only ever intended for it to be five seasons. I think it could have been called an amazing series with great, consistent build and an intense ending if it had ended there. I am still enjoying it, but I am afraid that the CW are just going to ride it until the wheels fall off and it will end up fading out rather than going out with a bang.

Merlin1958
11-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I think it is a show that gets progressively better up until when Sam goes into the cage. It doesn't go down much in quality after that, but it doesn't keep climbing. I still watch it ever time there is a new episode and enjoy it. The series was supposed to end with the last episode of the season where same goes in the cage. The creator left as the show runner of the series (but stayed in some producer role) after that because the CW keeps insisting that it continue and he only ever intended for it to be five seasons. I think it could have been called an amazing series with great, consistent build and an intense ending if it had ended there. I am still enjoying it, but I am afraid that the CW are just going to ride it until the wheels fall off and it will end up fading out rather than going out with a bang.

Yeah, my son explained the story to me. I've actually seen a half dozed of so shows leading up to Sam going in the Cage (with Nicholas Cage!! LOL) and about the same amount afterwards then TBS ?) rebooted to the pilot. I'm at the point where they have just lost the Colt to Bela.

I know the show still airs, but how many seasons in total?

OchrisO
11-22-2012, 07:57 PM

Yeah, my son explained the story to me. I've actually seen a half dozed of so shows leading up to Sam going in the Cage (with Nicholas Cage!! LOL) and about the same amount afterwards then TBS ?) rebooted to the pilot. I'm at the point where they have just lost the Colt to Bela.

They are on Season 8 now and the current show runner plans to do 10 if things keep going well.

Merlin1958
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM

They are on Season 8 now and the current show runner plans to do 10 if things keep going well.

So I can watch the rest of season six, seven & catch up on 8 online? Where do you recommend?

Thanks much BTW

mystima
11-24-2012, 02:39 AM
you can try netflix and hulu

Merlin1958
11-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks!!

Darkthoughts
11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I use ch131, which is free :)

Chris - that's awful news!! I mean, I love SPN, but I don't think it has another 3 seasons in it - when I thought it was ending with 8 I was happy with that.

alkanto
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I wanted it to end at season 5, so at this point I'm not sure I should care any more.

For watching, I use cokeandpopcorn.eu.

Darkthoughts
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Yep, Season 5 would have been perfect - just like Buffy!

Merlin1958
11-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Yep, Season 5 would have been perfect - just like Buffy!

Actually, IMHO, it would have been "perfect" if both Sam & Dean had gone into the pit.

Darkthoughts
11-28-2012, 03:30 AM
:lol:

alkanto
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM
I could go into detail about why the ending (minus the last 30 sec or so) of season 5 was perfect but I don't have time to type it all up right now. Have to make it to class in 20 min...someone needs to remind me about this later :lol:

Darkthoughts
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
That'll be me then :D