PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Fund Raiser Ends 5/15/10--Party info and other fun stuff

Matt
05-11-2010, 07:10 AM
First off, thanks to everyone who has participated in our fund raiser this year. We do really good things for Haven by raising as much as we can every year.

**We will accept donations up until 2PM EST on 5/15 for the Grand Prize Drawing**

Last year, Stephen King himself acknowledged the site and our efforts so if you are a true fan, that is about as cool as it gets. :fairy:

However, this is not only the end of the fund raiser it is also TheDarkTower.com's 3rd Anniversary in operation. Everyone who is a member or administrator of this site has contributed so much to its success, I can't tell you how special the whole thing is to me.

Traditionally, the Directors get together and party like wild people for the anniversary and this year is no different. Aaron and Hannah are coming up to the house on Saturday.

We do like to include the site in our party so this year we are going to film the Grand Prize Drawing (obviously) and post that video on the site. Probably late Saturday.

We are also holding a contest for a full one (1) entry giveaway package for next year. The winner of our contest will receive an entry into every giveaway in 2011 plus the Grand Prize.

The Contest:

All day long...Aaron, Hannah, Dora and myself are going to take short videos of random stuff and post them with a question about it.

Some will be easy and some will be hard. The first person to answer the question correctly wins one point. Person with the most points at the end wins the prize.

If the winner is not already entered into this years Grand Prize giveaway, they will be in that as well.

And example of what I mean:

The video is Aaron and Hannah driving over the pass...

The question could be..."what song is playing on the radio?"

Or something like that. I sure hope everyone will try to stop by that day and participate. We are starting early and going late so everyone will have a chance no matter what the time zone. Expect to see the first videos around 7AM EST because I'm on the night shift :ninja:

Thanks again everyone, it is a great week for this site and everyone who cares about it.

Matt

Hannah
05-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh man! I'm going to get my flip cam and have some fun on the way over to M&D's!

Woofer
05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I wish I were on the way to Eden's Parachute.

lophophoras
05-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Sounds cool! You guys have fun!

Matt
05-13-2010, 04:40 AM
I just hope people decide to play. :lol:

Brice
05-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I'll play if I can. I'm not sure how many I can actually answer though. We'll see.

vacant lot
05-15-2010, 05:40 AM
you come up with some of the neatest ideas, Matt. Have a blast during the party!!

Brice
05-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Matt, one day I'm gonna' crash your party. :ninja:

Matt
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
you come up with some of the neatest ideas, Matt. Have a blast during the party!!

Yay! I'm glad you got to see some of it Maryann :wub:

Matt, one day I'm gonna' crash your party. :ninja:

I won't over dramatize by saying that would be cool as fuck Brice. :lol:

Matt
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
**End of Fund Raiser Announcements**

We had a seriously cool party as good friends do and really celebrated the 3 years we have been running this site, thanks to everyone that got involved on any level this year. I'll use a cliche and say it really does take a village.

A few things for the end here:

AsylumWitch won the donation wall contest. She gets her name in the marquee and some extra work along with a full entry package for next year.

Thanks so much for creating that image for us AW :wub:

agrabin is the WINNER of our Grand Prize. Congratulations to Alex!! Expect to see your member name in the marquee soon

Someone is going to win our video contest, I will announce that later. (I have to do a math problem :scared:)

We are still going to be receiving money because not all auctions are paid. I will post a final number for us to enjoy sometime in the next few days.

Much love to all--I'm seriously sleepy after doing the night shift again last night but I wanted to hop right up and say this was a great effort and we can all rest assured knowing that this site really helps people. :grouphug:

turtlex
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Love you, Matt, Dora, Hannah and Aaron.

I hope you're all as proud of yourselves, as we are of you!

:grouphug:

I love this community.

Matt
05-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks Pam, it is great working with you. :wub:

I am still waiting on a final auction payment so I will post the final number raised as soon as that is hashed out. :thumbsup: