PDA

View Full Version : Which unadapted SK stories would you like to see?

mae
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Most King books have been adapted for the screen or TV. There is still a group that hasn't.

For the record, here they all are:

Rage
The Long Walk
Roadwork
The Dark Tower series
The Talisman
The Eyes of the Dragon
Gerald's Game
Insomnia
Rose Madder
The Regulators
Bag of Bones
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Black House
From a Buick 8
Cell
Lisey's Story
Blaze
Duma Key
Under the Dome

Or, perhaps, even some short stories or novellas, of which there are a sizable amount.

pixiedark76
03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
I would love to see Lisey's Story and From a Buick 8. I would also love to see Under the Dome.

mae
03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Whoops, I posted this in the wrong place. I meant to put this in Cara Laughs. Jean or someone, move please as appropriate.

Hannah
03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Whoops, I posted this in the wrong place. I meant to put this in Cara Laughs. Jean or someone, move please as appropriate.

Moved. You owe me.

:P

I'd love to see The Talisman, Cell, and Duma Key.

Mrs. Underwood
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Um, all of them? Hehe, okay, so I won't cheat and say that.

The Long Walk would make a fantastic independent film, if done right. And I really want to see something done with Cell and Duma Key both.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I think Cell is written for the screen basically, so I think it would very easily translate to film, though it has been overdone, and done well by folks like Romero, so I don't think it would be a standout film no matter who did it, and how good of a job they did. I would still go see it though.

Duma Key would make a good film, and has the potential for cinematic greatness in the write hands. I see this as another Darabont project.

Long Walk could be a fantastic film. I think an indie film would be a perfect medium for this book.

What I would MOST like to see, however, would be a collection. Granted Creepshow and Cat's Eye were kinda hit and miss. I would love to see 4 or 5 of my favorite short stories put in a collected film.

Here's the one's I see. 3 to 5 of the following:
Survival Type
The Raft
Lunch at the Gotham Cafe
Suffer the Little Children
Autopsy Room 4
The Man in the Black Suit

Kronz
03-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Creepshow 2 has The Raft in it. It was the highlight of that film, but still not great.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I have never seen Creepshow 2. I wasn't even aware that it existed. I will have to track it down.

Kronz
03-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I think the other tales in Creepshow 2 might just be King-inspired or were written for the screen (I could be wrong, but I definitely don't recall reading them). Probably why I didn't think the film was that hot. The Raft segment was solid though, in a Tales From the Crypt production-values sort of way.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
While researching Creepshow 2. I saw that there is a Creepshow 3 that was apparently abyssmal. There is also evidently plans for a Creepshow 4 in 2011. If King has nothing to do with 4, as he had nothing to do with 3, it will suck just as hard.

This is the only image that I need of Creepshow 3 to know that I never, ever, want to see it.

http://www.recentlyconsumed.com/images/creepshow3.jpg

Kronz
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
That's hilarious. I haven't seen Creepshow 3 and won't anytime soon. My wife and I watch hundreds of horror movies a year but we rarely have to scrape that far down. She blogs about horror movies so we are on a kind of mission to see all the important stuff, though it's been getting harder to find the gold after so many years. King adaptations are so hit and miss, but I do like to think I'll have seen them all someday, barring sequels to his properties like Children of Corn, Sometimes They Come Back and the like.

cody44
03-27-2010, 12:12 AM
I really hope that Duma Key gets a chance at the big screen someday.

Mrs. Underwood
03-27-2010, 05:04 AM
What I would MOST like to see, however, would be a collection. Granted Creepshow and Cat's Eye were kinda hit and miss. I would love to see 4 or 5 of my favorite short stories put in a collected film.

Here's the one's I see. 3 to 5 of the following:
Survival Type
The Raft
Lunch at the Gotham Cafe
Suffer the Little Children
Autopsy Room 4
The Man in the Black Suit

I know they adapted "Autopsy Room 4" in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes miniseries, which was very hit and miss, and your mileage may vary on which are good and which were bad. And I'd LOVE to see "Survivor Type" make it to the screen.

candy
03-27-2010, 05:07 AM
insomnia and the talisman

Jean
03-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Moved. You owe me.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_friendly.gif

Answering the thread title question: none.

alinda
03-27-2010, 06:31 AM
:ninja: none? I was gouing to say all of them, if ever they can find
someone anyone who cared enough to make them any good.:unsure:

pathoftheturtle
03-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Suffer the Little ChildrenOoo... that's interesting.
I think the other tales in Creepshow 2 might just be King-inspired or were written for the screen (I could be wrong, but I definitely don't recall reading them). Probably why I didn't think the film was that hot. The Raft segment was solid though, in a Tales From the Crypt production-values sort of way.I liked "The Hitchhiker." :scared:
I really hope that Duma Key gets a chance at the big screen someday.Oh, I'm sure it will. Should make for a pretty good one. The Talisman might work, also.

Most of these remaining, however, I really don't think could be done well. (Can you imagine trying to talk an actress into starring in Gerald's Game?) I'd rather see better versions of a few of his works that had more cinematic potential than they had realized. I suppose that's off-topic, though.

Candice Dionysus
03-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I might like The Talisman or The Dark Tower or Eyes of the Dragon as animated features or mini-series'. (None of this 3d crap, I mean really animated, like they did way back when 9 out of 10 new movies didn't suck the big one.)

Lily-sai
03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
The Talisman and Black House would be wonderful to see on the big screen. But the latter one only if they are able to find the perfect Henry Leyden.

Brice
03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
My short answer is all of them. My long answer is I want all of King's stories including shorts and poems and nonfiction made BEFORE a DT movie is made,. That I really do NOT want. I have seen every King movie and miniseries excluding some of the dollar babies. I have seen a good amount of them too though.

pathoftheturtle
03-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I might like The Talisman or The Dark Tower or Eyes of the Dragon as animated features or mini-series'. (None of this 3d crap, I mean really animated, like they did way back when 9 out of 10 new movies didn't suck the big one.)That could be cool... but if The Talisman were marketed for family, what then could they do with Black House?

Ben Mears
03-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Blaze and a theater release remake of 'Salem's Lot using the original manuscript and title, Second Coming.

DanishCollector
03-31-2010, 05:04 PM
The stories (except Raft) and wrap-around in Creepshow 2 were based on notes that King wrote in a notebook and gave them to Romero to script.

TheCrisisKing
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
A remake and theatrical release of IT, TDT series of course, but out of the stand alone books I'd say The Talisman

JRM
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM
From the ones I've read, Bag of Bones, Duma Key, and Insomnia would be on the top of my list.

WeDealInLead
06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
1) The Dark Tower, all 7 + The Little Sisters..

2) The Long Walk for sure

3) Talisman + Black House

Girlystevedave
06-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I would love to see The Talisman and Eyes of the Dragon .
I also think a Dead Zone remake would be kind of cool, if done right.

Woofer
06-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Ooo. I'd like to see another anthology, too. I love anthology films like The House that Dripped Blood, Torture Garden, and Doctor Terror's House of Horrors.

Grey Matter
Survivor Type
A Very Tight Place
The Jaunt
Uncle Otto's Truck

haunted.lunchbox
10-27-2010, 04:39 AM
I also want to see The Long Walk made into a movie. I'm not sure how it would do because so much of the book was psychological to me. It's one of my favorite stories ever.

flaggwalkstheline
10-27-2010, 07:31 AM
the long walk would be awesome
or any of the early bachman books

road work:drool:

haunted.lunchbox
10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
the long walk would be awesome
or any of the early bachman books

road work:drool:

I loved The Running Man written as Bachman... and dare I say it was kind of ripped off in The Gamer.

CyberGhostface
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I'd like to see Eyes of the Dragon or The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon to be adapted some time.

pathoftheturtle
11-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I doubt GWLTG would translate well. A great director might pull it off, but it's more likely, IMO, to be another dumb Stephen King movie. How do you film the subtext? We don't really need an "adaptation" which appears as laughable as the infamous It mini-series's big rubber spider.

CyberGhostface
11-13-2010, 01:08 PM
As long as there's a good actress for Trisha and a director who has a firm grasp on the source material, I think it could be done. Probably wouldn't be a mainstream film but there have been a number of 'minimalist' indie films that have worked well in the past that focus on one person for the majority of the film.

Definitely wouldn't give it to someone like Mick Garris, but Frank Darabont could pull it off with ease.

flaggwalkstheline
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM
I wanna see a tarantino directed version of The Regulators

pathoftheturtle
11-13-2010, 01:23 PM
As long as there's a good actress for Trisha and a director who has a firm grasp on the source material, I think it could be done. Probably wouldn't be a mainstream film but there have been a number of 'minimalist' indie films that have worked well in the past that focus on one person for the majority of the film.

Definitely wouldn't give it to someone like Mick Garris, but Frank Darabont could pull it off with ease.Well, maybe... with Morgan Freeman narrating... :lol: