PDA

View Full Version : Just finished W&G...slightly confused. *spoilers

futuramaguy07
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Alright, so the first 1/4 of Wizard and Glass took me a couple months to get through, then the last 3/4 of it took me a week, but towards the end i was getting confused.

I know that Flagg is a reappearing character throughout many of king's novels, but here is what is confusing me the most.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...

Is the man in black Flagg? And is the wizard that was in an affair with Roland's mother the man in black? Also, is Walter (The man who scares Jonas towards the end of W&G) Flagg?

If those are true, than that essentially means that Roland left his hometown to chase after his mom's lover, confronted him at the end of The Gunslinger, and then he died. (But he is a wizard, so he must have came back in the land of Oz)

So...another quick question. I have read Eyes of the Dragon as well as The Dark Tower up to 4, so how many names should i know this Flagg character by? Assuming my above questions go a certain way, i can list off Flagg, Marten, Walter, Randall (Flagg), and The Man in Black as aliases.

Sorry for the wall-o-text, but if i understood this just a little bit better I would enjoy the series that much more. Also, if im not supposed to know this yet, then dont tell me, but i feel like i just havent read key parts close enough.

Currently reading 'Salem's Lot then likely digging into Wolves of the Calla

Thank you.

Brainslinger
01-18-2010, 09:45 AM
There's a bit of contradiction in that I'm not sure King knew entirely himself until later but in short the extended version of The Gunslinger (the last book actually written although it's set at the start) and the last three books should answer you question.

Sickrose
01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Read on my friend and all will be revealed. Especially your query about the wizard :rose:

futuramaguy07
01-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah...super job mods, seeing as how this question was specifically about W&G. Anyway, thanks for the answers everyone, i shall read on.

GirlGoneNineteen
05-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Have you read The Stand? The end scene explained a lot about him.

Saintmatthew
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Enjoy Salem's lot....one of my favorite books ever!